Quote Originally Posted by Fay View Post
They just seem so...blunt, unrealistic.
There's a fine idea going on in the theory itself. Two people valuing similar functions help each other to prosper and grow. The weak function can count on their partner's strengths and and vice versa. The two don't devalue each other because they know they need wha the other partner have. But... looking at it more realistically.

How can for example an ILI ever meet an SEE. SEEs are stereotypically the adventurous, party loving extroverts. ILIs are analytical, deep and intelligent beings who enjoy their alone time to think and to recharge. I just don't see how this is supposed to work.
Another example IEIs and SLEs. they both value Se and Ti, Ni and Fe. SLE's Ni is weak, IEI's Se is weak. Now imagine a football player going to the quiet girl in the corner who just finishes her poem for the creative writing class when he suddenly starts to talk about how he scored zillion and one on the game and then talks about football rules and buddies from the team. What is the poor girl supposed to do, when she's interested in art and poetry and doesn't give a damn about his football game?
Those are just few examples, but looking at it realistically. I can hardly imagine an artistic senstive people grouping up with impulsive sportmen, or analytcal educated men hooking up with the "live of the party" girls.

So...how is this suppoused to work?...In real life?

First of all you should acknowledge that all gamma types are focused on productivity and important tasks. Just because SEEs are extroverted, active, and people centered doesn't mean they will always be partying. That's a ridiculous stereotype. It does happen but you're more likely to find *all types* partying when their culture groomed then to do so. That said, because of the amount of people in the world and the that all human activities are *fairly human* (not limited to specific types.) People within the same Quadra are likely to have very (v.e.r.y) similar interests. I'd add that people who love each other, share world views and goals, and respect each other will do well together regardless of type, and this pair will do better than two duals who don't see the similarities. It's not likely that these two will be nothing alike. It just so happens that when you find a dual that has these similarities you'll be inseparable. But i don't recommend looking for a dual (or a relationship; they should happen naturally). Bonus round: se valuing duals will often come together by accidentally bumping heads; this is how they are discovered. The success of duality is also partially due to the nature of conflict and growth. These relations *are not* free of conflict. However they do stimulate maturation and growth