Quote Originally Posted by Lim View Post
it's good that this thread comes up, because that's a question i was asking myself. i spotted a cool LSI-Se, then realised that i'm IEI, very bad at pursuing somebody if the person isn't interested in me in the first place and that it never works out with LSIs because both too introverted... too bad ^^ but it's strange, i even got a very light version of duality vibes (or at least what i associate with duality): calming effect when in physical proximity, ease in communication, the feeling that i "steal" the other person's energy (i can perceive an energy flow where our bodies are physically the closest. like if i'm sitting next to them i would feel it first in my arm and then slowly dripping into the rest of my body. it's so weird. what is this? i experienced this very strongly with a SLE-Ti i know, and thought enneagram type or stacking might play a role in this, but now also happened with an LSI with completely different stacking and etype. though, much, much lighter and not as intense. lol, i sound so esoteric, but this "energy" is a real, physical feeling i have) lol. whatever ...
Interesting about this energy thingie No, no idea what you mean there Do you mean you get some Se, feeling more in the present or what?

Btw I think if he likes you, I think you just need to be welcoming. I would assume Se subtype doesn't need that much help in starting to pursue you

Quote Originally Posted by SisOfNight View Post
Haha, I experience a similar conundrum.
The regular LSI (no specific subtype; or Ti subtype) usually does not show any clear interest at first. It is like they just look at you, but... nothing more, haha. As an IEI-Ni, this is simply not enough. I cannot do all the work. I will feel awkward if I have to step out of my comfort zone too much. Like, I would have to be way more Fe than usual to get them out of their shell. Being SO dom, I'd fear people around me noticed I was obviously flirting or trying to get to the guy, haha. Which does not help.

Personally, I have not met any LSI with a strong enough Se subtype yet... oh actually, I might have, haha! Okay alright, this was in middle school, and I was simply not attracted to him. But... he would more openly pursue me, I think... Until he got a different girlfriend, haha. (I think? I don't exactly remember.)
Surely it would help if you tried to do that when other people are not around then?

Btw I don't really have a problem with IEI-Ni's, I don't really need them to be "waaaaay more Fe" than their usual bit of Fe, their Ni is so strong that it makes me more Se, more initiative taking, almost like an SLE, I think. I like that effect

You feel like you "steal" their energy? Sounds rather one-sided to me. Perhaps the guy is actually ESI-Se or something (like, you get their Se but they don't get any Te from you). I'd imagine the energy-flow to be more reciprocal in Activity and/or Duality. I can say for myself, I've experienced very short-lived but strong attractions to ESI guys before. Similar to Activity, starting out rather easily, actually stronger than Activity, but then much sooner fizzling out.
Say more on what this energy exchanging thing is like