View Poll Results: Who is the best vote?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jeb Bush

2 3.57%
  • Ben Carson

1 1.79%
  • Chris Christie

0 0%
  • Ted Cruz

4 7.14%
  • Carly Fiorina

1 1.79%
  • Jim Gilmore

0 0%
  • Lindsey Graham

0 0%
  • Mike Huckabee

1 1.79%
  • Bobby Jindal

1 1.79%
  • John Kasich

0 0%
  • George Pataki

0 0%
  • Rand Paul

1 1.79%
  • Marco Rubio

0 0%
  • Rick Santorum

0 0%
  • Donald Trump

13 23.21%
  • Hillary Clinton

7 12.50%
  • Martin OMalley

1 1.79%
  • Bernie Sanders

24 42.86%
  • Other - Independent

0 0%
  • Other - Green

2 3.57%
  • Other - Libertarian

2 3.57%
  • Other - Other

0 0%
  • Suck it

11 19.64%
  • I made an extra option

2 3.57%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 US Election

Hacking your soul since the beginning of time Hitta's Avatar
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by inumbra View Post

wtf. i have said it before. you do not know or understand me well at all. you take one of my faces as my only face. you probably also don't see the complexity of my views and feelings.

i flopped around like a goldfish bc there was a lot of shit to consider. i am pleased that i voted for clinton, somehow even more so since she lost, which i didn't see as massively surprising.

trump is like a high stakes slot machine one doesn't know the probability of winning with. and i didn't pull the lever.

That's a pretty good description of Trump. Trump could either be a really good president that gets our economy moving again.... or we will all die in a nuclear fireball.
    Model X Will Save Us!

*randomwarelinkremoved

jessica129:scrotums r hot

:" hitting cap makes me envision cervix smashing"

TIM
    IEI 4w5
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The salinity level is so high among Clinton supporters, just remember that Trump has a few policies that we all agree on. American trade is at a $500 billion deficit, we're fighting 5 undeclared wars right now in Iraq, Syria, Yemen, Somalia, and Libya.

If he moves the needle at all on these issues, he'll be a president well worth his flaws.

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kill4Me View Post
    I'm right, as usual.....just like I've been right all along about your enneagram and socionic types. A number of you are wrong, as usual. Hillary never had a shot. I told you that back in March. I said in early march. Early March, she has no street smarts. she's not likable. she rode bill's coattails. she stinks. The blacks hate her. Democrats couldn't have picked a worse candidate to run. watch Hillary go off on the Black Lies Matter representative. She's horrible. Trump pulverized her in the debates. Like I told you, if you thought Hillary won the debates you weren't watching. you didn't watch. your deference to the establishment clouded your judgment. Trump pulled that power move going after her husband. I told you what would happen. The FBI reopened the investigation. I told you that was the trump card.The FBI doesn't want the Clintons back in the white house. The Clintons are dirty and corrupt. She belongs in jail. Bill is a rapist. Bernie supporters jumped ship. Ugly Donna Brazile even gave her debate questions. Hillary still lost. the second the fbi investigation broke I posted indicating to you that would be the trump card. Finito. Stick a fork in her.

Trump not only won but he's got the super majority too. He's gonna be able to do all the things he said he would do. Let the nightmare begin. hehehe. shame on any of you for doubting my eerily clairvoyant so/sp antennae. Wish I could have seen some of your faces as I called the biggest upset in political history.

now watch the competitive inumbra schpiel out a long, rambling post to try and stir confusion and distract from the fact I called it 100 percent right.

some of you just flopped around like gold fish the whole thread....the more you spoke the less gravity you had. tehehe sometimes all it takes is a few well timed posts at the very end to dominate an entire thread, which will now stand as a monument for how little some of you know when it comes to presidential debates and presidential races.
    You happened to win a 50/50 chance of being right, congratulations. It doesn't somehow mean you're a genius.

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm Trump won. I have no doubt that this is what the majority wanted, but I also think they can make the elections go any way they want, so, I was sort of surprised. I think the reason why they didn't go with Plan A and give it to Hillary is because she has Parkinson's and its too hard/impossible to manage her. Parkinson's marches forward at the pace it wants, and it just cannot be "wished away". Not even with all the positive throngs of well-wishers.

And I get the idea all the president's are managed. So while I am glad for the outcome, I am not all that optimistic.

Since all of the American presidents are related to British royalty, I am curious to see the write up they do on Trump's genealogy.

I just turned on the TV for the first time in the past couple of months. I see a lot of really sad and dejected media persons and reporters... Oh, dear, they all look so grave and troubled. Wow. What a clear sign of how the press is completely out of touch with the regular people.

Oh, ick. (TV) Hillary is speaking for "all women" again. Pul-ease.
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow. Now that the election is over its all about Hillary. It would be interesting to have a count of how many minutes are allocated to Clinton and how many how many to Trump. Has this been going on all day? I think the loser is getting all the press.

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    During his presidency. He will deport my parents.
    Naw, there are bigger fish to fry. It was just a political tool the opposition jumped on to scare people from Trump. So many people are here illegally. They just need to get rid of the hard criminals that were plainly that way when they got here. That's what he will get the good press for - not deporting plain good people just because their green cards aren't in order.
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ratrevisits View Post
    He won't be deporting your family Aylen.

Thanks, I am not worried about that. Although it crossed my mind that there are probably reasons he could deport me if laws were changed but I would be in the last on the list group.
    Last edited by Aylen; 11-10-2016 at 10:07 AM.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strangeling View Post
    You happened to win a 50/50 chance of being right, congratulations. It doesn't somehow mean you're a genius.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Trump "won" in the sense of getting a majority in the electoral college. In terms of the popular vote however, it is likely that he lost in what was essentially a two horse race. If that is the case, it is an absolute farce, and not a good representation of a democracy.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kill4Me View Post
    I didn't read the instructions on the poll. I just voted for who I think I will win. I don't vote in elections. I always have something better to do. But I do have a million dollar prediction: Jeb Bush wins New Hampshire and eventually the presidency.
    Hillary was deemed by polls to have won each of the three debates. She scored higher on perceived trustworthiness and competency than Trump according to exit polls. She won the "black vote". She is also likely to have won the popular vote.

The LA Times claimed that "USC/L.A. Times poll saw what other surveys missed: A wave of Trump support", showing Trump 3.2% ahead in the popular vote. Like you, they are wrong as things stand.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subteigh View Post
    Trump "won" in the sense of getting a majority in the electoral college. In terms of the popular vote however, it is likely that he lost in what was essentially a two horse race. If that is the case, it is an absolute farce, and not a good representation of a democracy.
    Eh, while I myself don't like the Electoral College system and would prefer popular vote... to argue that Clinton would have won had it been determined by popular vote isn't exactly a fair argument. The way he campaigned was designed around winning states, not the popular vote. If you had an entire election cycle with him campaigning in order to win the popular vote the results could have been much different.
    Model X Will Save Us!

*randomwarelinkremoved

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hitta View Post
    Eh, while I myself don't like the Electoral College system and would prefer popular vote... to argue that Clinton would have won had it been determined by popular vote isn't exactly a fair argument. The way he campaigned was designed around winning states, not the popular vote. If you had an entire election cycle with him campaigning in order to win the popular vote the results could have been much different.
    I think it is a perfectly fair argument, as I imagine in a pure popular vote run-off where every vote counts that Hillary would have done even better in terms of the popular vote.

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

America's Brexit has happened, Americans were upset with the establishment and went with the anti-establishment candidate. Democrats had their chance to nominate an anti-establishment candidate and they blew it. It sucks that Trump won without the popular vote, but at least he didn't with a supreme court ruling because of a recount like GWB did in 2000.

I'm really surprised that Trump won, I was not expecting it at all to be honest. I know that Bernie is getting old, but I really hope he gives a second try against Trump in four years. He will likely become the nominee and has a very good chance of beating Trump. Bernie can choose a younger VP with his values as backup because of Bernie's age.

I expect Trump to tone down his behavior and policies once he becomes president. Most of it was an act to get elected and it worked. There's a possibility he could get assasinated, but I doubt it because he will probably tone everything down to suit those above him. It sucks that Americans had to choose between two awful candidates, but perhaps they will be more careful in nominating candidates in the future.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think it is a perfectly fair argument, as I imagine in a pure popular vote run-off where every vote counts that Hillary would have done even better in terms of the popular vote.
    She may have still won the popular vote in such a case, we'll never know though.

She's only going to win by around 1-2%. He spent a ton of time campaigning in the rust belt and mid-west states cause he knew he could win those states. In terms of population though, they aren't as dense as some of the other areas. If both were campaigning for popular vote instead of trying to win states... anything could happen. You can't just make the argument that she should be president cause she won the popular vote.
    Model X Will Save Us!

*randomwarelinkremoved

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hitta View Post
    She may have still won the popular vote in such a case, we'll never know though.

She's only going to win by around 1-2%. He spent a ton of time campaigning in the rust belt and mid-west states cause he knew he could win those states. In terms of population though, they aren't as dense as some of the other areas. If both were campaigning for popular vote instead of trying to win states... anything could happen. You can't just make the argument that she should be president cause she won the popular vote.
    Well, it seems fairly obvious under the current system that if you are a Democrat or someone whose primary concern is "anyone but Trump" living in a safe Red or Blue seat, there is less of an incentive to vote for Hillary or even to vote at all. The exit polling also suggests that country-wide, voters considered both candidates untrustworthy (but especially Trump), and that voters considered Hillary more fit to be president. Aside from the obvious caveat that people taking part in such polls may be reluctant to express their mind accurately in such a situation, that really suggests that Hillary would indeed have won a pure popular vote contest.

(Admittedly Trump did better than Hillary on the most likely to be able to bring about Change, although it does not seem that the question asked which candidate was most likely to bring about positive change, rather than change in general).

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Lol, Americans crashing Canada's immigration website after Trump wins the election:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7406106.html
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    Naw, there are bigger fish to fry. It was just a political tool the opposition jumped on to scare people from Trump. So many people are here illegally. They just need to get rid of the hard criminals that were plainly that way when they got here. That's what he will get the good press for - not deporting plain good people just because their green cards aren't in order.
    When Trump says his favourite Bible verse is "an eye for an eye", and when his public and "private" persona have been shown to be in broad agreement throughout his life in regards how he treats those he sees as his enemy, and for example, his repeatedly atrocious treatment of women, it is immensely difficult to see how your perception can be correct.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Tried to make sense of this and what I concluded was:

Trump is not a cause, he's a symptom.
    It'd be much better to talk about American society in general than just him.

You know,

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

A nightmare. I had students cry in class today because they are terrified. One said her black roommate was told by someone "now we should kill you." #happyracistseverywhere
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

Mentioned
    760 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    Tried to make sense of this and what I concluded was:

Trump is not a cause, he's a symptom.
    It'd be much better to talk about American society in general than just him.

You know
    America is a demographic mess like most of the western world due to baby boomers entering the final phase of life, many progressives that survived the great depressions and WWII are no longer alive to vote. This year the old mostly consisted of people who never fought in WWII or experienced its consequences and were born into entitlement during the boom era of the west.

Trump/Hillary/Bernie are no different in this respect and they represent the many facets of this demographic. This election reflects both boomer dissatisfaction and entitlement coming to the fore front and millennial apathy for the system. Hopefully millennial voters learn from this like Gen X did in the Gore vs Bush election. This election I've heard a lot of rhetoric from millennials about how Clinton was evil as well as how Obama failed them, and I think this express their widespread fear of the political system, not formed from rational skepticism but from a fear they inherited.

You can see this in Brexit as well, it was always going to be a tough trial to tough it out with this huge voting block choosing to sabotage their children and grandchildren for their own entitled ideas. If Hilary got elected it would have been 4-8 years of impeachment hearings and obstruction and gridlock, now it'll still be something like that i hope.

Obama was elected with the help of the last generation to experience the hardships of the 30s and 40s as well as the youth movement that he appealed to and he was the first Gen X president, and hopeful representative of this widely misrepresented and ignored generation. Unlike much of the rhetoric Gen X is factually the most individualistic and hardest working currently living generation, not helicopter parents and certainly not nearly as entitled, they're also the most volunteer oriented and and helpful.

Their time is coming and they will hopefully represent the best of America and not it's entitled worst. It will however be a very painful 8-16 years.

Quote Originally Posted by In 2011, survey analysis from the Longitudinal Study of American Youth found Gen Xers to be “balanced active and happy” in midlife (between ages of 30 and 50). The Longitudinal Study of Youth is an NIH-NIA funded study by the University of Michigan which has been studying Generation X since 1987, Asking survey questions such as “Thinking about all aspects of your life, how happy are you? If zero means that you are very unhappy and 10 means that you are very happy, please rate your happiness.” LSA reported that “mean level of happiness was 7.5 and the median (middle score) was 8. Only four percent of Generation X adults indicated a great deal of unhappiness (a score of three or lower). Twenty-nine percent of Generation X adults were very happy with a score of 9 or 10 on the scale.”[16
    [91][92][93]

In terms of advocating for their children in the educational setting, demographer Neil Howe describes Gen X parents as distinct from Baby Boomer parents. Howe argues that Gen Xers are not helicopter parents, which Howe describes as a parenting style of Boomer parents of Millennials. Howe described Gen Xers instead as “stealth fighter parents”, due to the tendency of Gen X parents to let minor issues go and to not hover over their children in the educational setting, but to intervene forcefully and swiftly in the event of more serious issues.[94]

In 2012, the Corporation for National and Community Service ranked Gen X volunteer rates in the U.S. at "29.4% per year", the highest compared with other generations. The rankings were based on a three-year moving average between 2009 and 2011.[95][96]

In the United Kingdom, a 2016 study of over 2,500 office workers conducted by Workfront found that survey respondents of all ages selected those from Generation X as the hardest-working employees in today’s workforce (chosen by 60%). Gen X was also ranked highest among fellow workers for having the strongest work ethic (chosen by 59.5%), being the most helpful (55.4%), the most skilled (54.5%), and the best troubleshooters/problem solvers (41.6%).[97][98]
    Things might be grim and dark and people are sad and angry, but there is always brighter day once you get past the troubles of the present.

Also, Kurt Cobain(Gen X Jesus) died for our sins. We're SAVED...

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...-inside-story/

Interesting article interviewing insiders from both campaigns.

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Subteigh @Hitta
    Popular vote isn't that big a deal though. The founding fathers wanted each state to have a representative amount of voting power for their state, depending on its population, knowing that not everyone would vote. So it does make sense, even if it doesn't seem to. But it doesn't seem right to give a candidate electoral votes for a state they won on a very small margin. That's odd. Makes more sense to divide them up based on percentage, if the margin is too low. I have no suggestions on what the margin should be though.

Other problems that should be fixed, but no one will

1. Third party votes are designed to take away from the candidates that have a chance to win; states that were close could have been decided differently if the third party votes had a secondary vote for trump or Clinton and were reallocated to Clinton or Trump when it was clear that the third-party lost.

2. About half the population doesn't vote.

3. A lot of people have to work and can't just leave for a couple hours to vote.

4. It's hard to really be informed. Aside from what the candidates say, you never know if they are sincere. And each party spins things for their own agendas.

5. There needs to be a fair platform so that third party candidates can get their names out there and have some air time. As it is now, Republicans and Democrats get all of the major coverage, including debates (though maybe very few watch those).

6. personal responsibility - Citizens need to have at least a passive role in the election process and in investing some time to learn about each candidate, so that they can come to their own seemingly informed decision; and they should be somewhat open to discussion and seeing value in what another says or thinks. Elections now seem most about shit-slinging and offensive rhetoric between people that have already dedicated themselves to one party over another. And everyone feeds on it, especially the extremists. And it's not really helpful at all.
    Last edited by strangeling; 11-10-2016 at 04:56 AM.

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    A nightmare. I had students cry in class today because they are terrified. One said her black roommate was told by someone "now we should kill you." #happyracistseverywhere
    somebody I work with has the same last name as someone else I work with. So somebody came by and asked if they were related, he said "why, because we're both Hispanic?" The guy laughed, said "yes", and walked away.

It was really awkward. Trump's become an example of what people think is okay or something. I hope it dies down and Trump acts like a responsible incoming president. Maybe his campaign was more of an act, I hope.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Banned
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kim, your students neurotic problems are not our problems.
    Popular vote is .16% in her favor, not 1-2%.
    Now that the election is over I hope you people can get past your brainwashing that the world is largely racist. That's a political wedge issue, a type of issue used to stir up emotional responses and get people mobilized during an election. It's not reality. I see way more people being wrongfully persecuted for being alleged 'racists' than I see instances of racism, and the instances I do see are almost always petty, inconsequential, and exaggerated. This constant witch hunt over racism is mentally insane.
    Not that it matters at this point, but without the amazingly corrupt press and illegal people voting he would have won the popular vote anyway.
    Last edited by rat200Turbo; 11-10-2016 at 01:29 PM.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Kim, your students neurotic problems are not our problems.
    A (black) student who tells me that she walked out of her dorm room the morning after the election and was met with "Trump won. Now we should kill you people" by other students is hardly neurotic.

If you don't think racism is a problem in this country, you need to get out more. That's all I will say.
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

KKK of North Carolina Announces Donald Trump Victory Parade:

http://www.snopes.com/2016/11/09/kkk...ictory-parade/
    ― Anais Nin

Banned
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It just sounds like a joke to me, I can't take that seriously... It isn't even clear it's a racist comment, it probably wasn't. It was probably an anti-hillary or an anti-liberal comment.
    If you want to know the truth I think you people look for things to complain about, you have a mentality of blaming the world at large (and some nebulous scapegoat white male at the top) for everything. Maybe I'd have more pateince if your problems were important. I've seen and dealt with things 100x more difficult than this petty, neurotic problem of yours. If this is all you have to complain about I find you pathetic honestly.
    There's also that I don't know what a solution to this problem could even look like, or what you expect to have happen.
    Promoting this overly PC, control freak culture only drives people mad and actually creates more division. Honestly if you want to end this problem I would say shut up about it, stop whining and get some real problems, and watch the whole thing disappear.
    Last edited by rat200Turbo; 11-10-2016 at 02:07 PM.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It just sounds like a joke to me, I can't take that seriously... It isn't even clear it's a racist comment, it probably wasn't. It was probably an anti-hillary or an anti-liberal comment.
    If you want to know the truth I think you people look for things to complain about, you have a mentality of blaming the world at large (and some nebulous scapegoat white male at the top) for everything. Maybe I'd have more pateince if your problems were important. I've seen and dealt with things 100x more difficult than this petty, neurotic problem of yours. If this is all you have to complain about I find you pathetic honestly.
    There's also that I don't know what a solution to this problem could even look like, or what you expect to have happen.
    Promoting this overly PC, control freak culture only drives people mad and actually creates more division. Honestly if you want to end this problem I would say shut up about it, stop whining and get some real problems, and watch the whole thing disappear.
    I can't take this seriously from a straight cisgender white man. So don't waste your breath. Find me pathetic and go on to be the miserable sociopath that you are. I am done talking to you.
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I told you what would happen and it happened. I told you what the voters would do and they did it. Simple.

NOW, the only reason trump lost the popular vote...well there's a few reasons like the fact his strategy was not aimed at winning the popular vote (that would be retarded since the point is to win the electoral college)...so let me amend that to the main reason, the main reason that Trump lost the popular vote is that he got crushed in certain pockets of the country, mainly the northeast and out in the pacific, that contain a heavy concentration of liberal crackpots. I'm not even talking about your average Bernie Supporter that crossed over for Trump because they wanted a real change instead of four more years of Obama. I'm talking about the liberal crackpots. The type that equated the shooting of Cops in Dallas to progress. Crazies hell bent on the over-moderation of any and all forms of political incorrectness, from rape jokes, to insults and the like, that if they had their way would have banned Donald Trump from the election because he used insults and his critiquing of Hillary and his attacks on Megyn Kelly mounted to "harassment" and "abusive" behavior...liberal crackpots who oth are all in favor of setting a double standard for females and minority groups, that are in favor of lashing out against the government and see the destabilization of law and order as a positive. These people, these liberal crackpots, do not represent in any way shape or form the United States of America. They are a fringe group of loons that Middle America has rejected....BUT you take all those Nuts and pile them into one region. What do you get? You get an outpouring of votes for Hillary in those particular regions. That's what you get. Insane returns of 90 percent to 10 percent against Trump. Get it.

Now, class dismissed.

Banned
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't take this seriously from a straight cisgender white man. So don't waste your breath. Find me pathetic and go on to be the miserable sociopath that you are. I am done talking to you.
    Hey look, you actually came up with a word for people who know what gender they are.
    Do I detect a bit of racism and gender discrimination against white males in your post? No... surely such hypocrisy is beneath you.
    I'm actually quite content these days, you'd be surprised.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ratrevisits literally talk to any African American and ask them for their personal experience of racism. Then you can judge whether they are "exaggerating."

Banned
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Hotel:
    I've heard these claims of 'racism' this entire election. I've been called racist numerous times. Almost all of my fellow voters have been called racist. We've had to endure being stereotyped constantly as 'white'; I never mention their race, they mention my race. Trump has been called racist a million times while people insist on misunderstanding things he's said and done. Why do they insist? I have even seen people twist information / flat out lie to make a case for his racism. This is what racism looks like to me: a witch hunt full of people who are professional victims, looking for reasons to be racially offended, and usually displaying persecutory racism themselves; and their real motive is social dominance. And there are also gender confused women like Kim who compulsively get on pseudo-moralizing power trips out of acute penis envy. And people submit to them, which is a shame. I never will though. If there's a real case of racism and something we can do about it I am as reasonable as anyone.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@Hotel:
    I've heard these claims of 'racism' this entire election. I've been called racist numerous times. Almost all of my fellow voters have been called racist. We've had to endure being stereotyped constantly as 'white'; I never mention their race, they mention my race. Trump has been called racist a million times while people insist on misunderstanding things he's said and done. Why do they insist? I have even seen people twist information / flat out lie to make a case for his racism. This is what racism looks like to me: a witch hunt full of people who are professional victims, looking for reasons to be racially offended, and usually displaying persecutory racism themselves; and their real motive is social dominance. And there are also gender confused women like Kim who compulsively get on pseudo-moralizing power trips out of acute penis envy. And people submit to them, which is a shame. I never will though. If there's a real case of racism and something we can do about it I am as reasonable as anyone.
    Aw, little white boy is crying because people challenge your privilege? Hold on while this gender-challenged ugly bull dyke cries herself a river, yeah?

Pathetic.
    ― Anais Nin

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You might be right. But it's still a fucked up thing to say, don't you think? I mean if they aren't racist, they seem to lack some kind of empathy or intelligence. This isn't a racial joke about stereotypes that everyone can laugh at either. It was threatening; is it really okay to brush something like that off like it's nothing? I'm sure it's not nothing to the student.
    Last edited by strangeling; 11-10-2016 at 08:45 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aw, little white boy is crying because people challenge your privilege? Hold on while this gender-challenged ugly bull dyke cries herself a river, yeah?
    No, the point of my post is to point out your hypocrisy and hopefully get you to rethink your moral viewpoint. Which is probably expecting too much, since for you moralizing is actually just about the power trip it gives you. Like I said, you have acute penis envy. I actually think you're completely ammoral; I don't even believe you care about racial minorities if you want to know the truth. But on a personal level I do not care if racial minorities hate my skin color, I actually find it a bit weak / amusing. It really doesn't effect me.
    And my other hope is that we recognize, by and large, there isn't any rampant racism happening. It's just people making power grabs by claiming to be victims.
    Last edited by rat200Turbo; 11-10-2016 at 09:05 PM.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

No, the point of my post is to point out your hypocrisy and hopefully get you to rethink your moral viewpoint. Which is probably expecting to much, since for you all this moralizing is really about is the power trip aspect. But on a personal level I do not care if racial minorities hate my skin color, I actually find it a bit amusing. It really doesn't effect me.
    Of course it doesn't.

― Anais Nin

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When Trump says his favourite Bible verse is "an eye for an eye", and when his public and "private" persona have been shown to be in broad agreement throughout his life in regards how he treats those he sees as his enemy, and for example, his repeatedly atrocious treatment of women, it is immensely difficult to see how your perception can be correct.
    Well, I have not followed Trump so religiously but from what I have seen, he is more of a great big blowhard about things like "eye for eye" and his treatment of women. I don't see serious trespasses. He is a supreme egotist. That's how he ticks. I think he has some good ideas and will do something worthwhile, and I do not think he will go to any wild plans that will offend. Like the "wall" idea is going to be a go-nowhere.

My general opinion of what is happening now is that the news media is FULL of fear porn - and the political form of this is in full-brainwashing force right now. That's what my naturapath calls it. I see now there are definitions on Google but I only skimmed the topic page. Fear porn is what the general public consumes daily from our news media, our entertainment, and government. My naturapath is generally referring to health issues, and he sure speaks the truth on that. The health fear-porn turns political when the government/media uses health scare tactics to make us think we need to pour tax money into government-run health care. But what is saturating the news right now is political fear porn* and we should all be tuning it out or taking it in in only very small doses. Its brainwashing and mind games, pushing fear into our minds.

Okay, we know the media wants only Democratic liberal candidates, that's obvious. So it must feel great to have a news-media soaked life if that is what you consider yourself. But consider that's just plain wrong, and it's not democratic and it's un-American. The news media SHOULD be unbiased reporters. Yes they should! Instead, they are heavily biased. They do not represent the people, they represent their own causes. Right now they are telling us what we are supposed to think and feel. Its exhausting to turn on the TV and watch them all mourning and sad and generating fear porn about what will become of our country as soon as Trump swears in. Maybe you like it because you consider yourself a liberal-Democrat and you feel you are being personally represented, but you shouldn't. They are generating fear and you don't need that in your life. The plain truth is always better. Believe me.

Wow, when Obama won (in spite of clear fraud like Cuyahoga County OH) we were immediately inundated with how wonderful Obama was and how America is so HAPPY now, and how wonderful our future would now be! Quite the opposite now! They are loading on fear porn as to how bad things will be! The media tells us who to vote for and when somehow shockingly their directions to us weren't followed, its just tragic for them. They are all so SAD. Well, they would be just fine now if they were REAL reporters and just reported the news. They made their own bed, so, now they can lie in it. (But I don't want to watch!)

*Like. for example. Everyone who is an immigrant and is not "all square" themselves, or, their loved ones aren't "legal" - they should all be very very frightened!!! That's a big fear porn belief being fed to the people now, riding on Trumps blowhard rants about illegal immigrants, that give the news media a foothold for their big scare. You can be sure that if there are a handful of sad, unfair, unreasonable send-homes during the Trump administration they will get FULL PRESS, made out to be a rampant Trump-related problem, as if it were a new problem! Well, Trump does not want to be remembered as an ogre, but a hero. So any bullied immigrants will get lots of press. Therefore I predict that the problem of regular good folks getting sent home is more likely to be far reduced under Trump than under the St. Obama administration.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

“I am a white woman. I am standing beside a black woman. We are facing a group of white people who are seated in front of us. We are in their workplace, and have been hired by their employer to lead them in a dialogue about race. The room is filled with tension and charged with hostility. I have just presented a definition of racism that includes the acknowledgment that whites hold social and institutional power over people of color. A white man is pounding his fist on the table. His face is red and he is furious. As he pounds he yells, “White people have been discriminated against for 25 years! A white person can’t get a job anymore!” I look around the room and see 40 employed people, all white. There are no people of color in this workplace. Something is happening here, and it isn’t based in the racial reality of the workplace. I am feeling unnerved by this man’s disconnection with that reality, and his lack of sensitivity to the impact this is having on my cofacilitator, the only person of color in the room. Why is this white man so angry? Why is he being so careless about the impact of his anger? Why are all the other
    white people either sitting in silent agreement with him or tuning out? We have, after all, only articulated a definition of racism.”

http://libjournal.uncg.edu/index.php...e/view/249/116

Banned
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cheesy story written for housewives which sounds overly scripted and misframed.
    Of course it doesn't.

So basically you're saying the minorities are entitled to hate white people because whites conquered them.
    See... your moral positions, at their core, are based on resentment, apathy, and scapegoating. It's amazing you disguise yourself as a caring person who's protective of the weak. You are so not that, and you are such a hypocrite. You do not recognize or understand what innocence is. You actually exploit the weak for your own advancement while targeting people and turning them into scapegoats.
    You don't hold any moral authority, and definitely not over me. You can stop preaching like you do.
    I was thinking to myself earlier... your soul mate really has to be a white supremacist.
    Last edited by rat200Turbo; 11-10-2016 at 10:44 PM.

Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast