Thread: Interesting facts about you

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One time, I was bitten by something while in the backyard. Some time later, within the same day, I started having an allergic reaction to it - while I was in the shower, I had this strange sensation of taking in air but lungs not inflating. I felt weak like I was going to pass out. I still don’t remember if I did, momentarily. I somehow dressed myself and got out - by the time the paramedics arrived I was fine.

to this day I don’t know what that was

An insect sting allergy can cause:
    • A large area of swelling (edema) at the sting site
    • Itching or hives all over the body
    • Cough, chest tightness, wheezing or shortness of breath
    • Anaphylaxis

interesting

I had the swelling too but it wasn’t that bad

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Never smoked. Do not understand why officially so harmful tobacco is not sold in specialized shops.
    Unlike alcohol, it almost always creates significant dependency. It has no noticable usefulness.
    Having sum of such traits, a substance is forbidden in common.

Quote Originally Posted by necrosebud View Post
    to this day I don’t know what that was
    Coud be neuro-toxin from a spider.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    558 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    Never smoked. Do not understand why officially so harmful tobacco is not sold in specialized shops.
    Unlike alcohol, it almost always creates significant dependency. It has no noticable usefulness.
    Having sum of such traits, a substance is forbidden in common.
    I lived for a while with my ex's family. Both parents smoked. Spent an incredible amount of money on it, while killing their own lungs (the mother is on oxygen), giving their kids breathing issues, killing pet birds, and making any clothes taken into the house smell of smoke until they were washed. Didn't seem to make them any happier either; all cigarettes did was temporarily abate desire for more cigarettes. It really does seem like one of the worst possible habits you can take up -- like, at least heroin or gambling makes you feel better for a time.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I prefer coffee, where a 200 g cup has ~50 g mix, made of 33% milk cream and water 1:1.
    Tea pot is boiled. Waits 5 min to reduce the temp to ~92 grad Celsius.
    1 table spoon of coffee beans is grinded and mixed with ~450 g of hot water. Waits ~10 min.
    Coffe is not hot and has soft taste. In sum it's ~3 cups per a dinner and in a day.

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    all cigarettes did was temporarily abate desire for more cigarettes
    It has short stimulation effect. As people use it often - they should get reduction of their natural level and then need nicotine to return the level close to normal. The situation reminds illegal stimulators. There can be medical cases when nicotine is useful, - it's possible usage for it (or close substances) in the future. Today wide selling is strange as it's proved toxin for a user and people near, besides bad sticky smell. Wikipedia has large article.

> making any clothes taken into the house smell of smoke until they were washed

Noticed this. Some time ago I visited a flat of a pal who is smoker. After that visit all clothes in which I came got the smell and needed a washing-machine.

I have a neighbour in a flat near. He smokes several times per day and every time needs to leave the flat, as his woman and mb others do not want to get the toxin and the flat smelled. I doubt the situation is positive enough in his opinion, but he's alike drug-dependent and it's hard to drop. His type is ILI.

Quote Originally Posted by Riven View Post
    During my darkest days I'd drink rubbing alcohol so no one would know I was drinking it. Not that different from vodka to be honest.
    When it's said not for drinking, it's not guaranted to have no toxic additions. You may feel worse as from low quality alcohol. There were gossips that some people died, - the risk should not be high (as many ones drink medical spirit 70%-95%), but seems exist. Because of death risk it's also good to forget about any technical spirits, even when it's said ethanol or smells such. In my town were death cases on factories after drinking of not appropriate spirit (could be methanol).
    Last edited by Sol; 04-04-2023 at 12:55 AM.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    When it's said not for drinking, it's not guaranted to have no toxic additions. You may feel worse as from low quality alcohol. There were gossips that some people died, - the risk should not be high (as many ones drink medical spirit 70%-95%), but seems exist. Because of death risk it's also good to forget about any technical spirits, even when it's said ethanol or smells such. In my town were death cases on factories after drinking of not appropriate spirit (could be methanol).
    I was aware of the other compounds that could be on the alcohol solution and I'd always check if there was something else. I forgot the name of the compound, but the bottles that come with something else on the mix have a very intense smell that makes it pretty much undrinkable.

I wouldn't recommend anyone doing it though. Really just go get a cheap vodka that's relatively safer.