Thread: Interesting facts about you

Hybrid View

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

(1.) I write my own music and have done so since I was 16. I am currently studying the music of J.S. Bach and returning to piano performance. I am doing this to improve my knowledge of counterpoint, formal structure and technical aspects of composition for the keyboard. The defining aspect of what I write is melody, and it is generally bright and brassy, with frequent changes in intensity and mood. I love catchy melodic hooks that fix themselves in your head and rising or descending sequences. Often I will hum thematic material to myself loudly in public, and become totally oblivious to what is happening around me. My ambition is to either be successful in a band or as a film composer.

(2.) My secondary musical interests are singing and songwriting; I have a bass-baritone voice with an extensive musical range (my voice has been described as "rich" and "yearning") and I am teaching myself how to write lyrics. However my blind spot to the physical world does negatively affect the vividness and detail of my writing; this is a deficit I am keen to rectify.

(3.) I brew my own beer and have worked on and off as a contract brewer for private functions. My favourite styles are ESB (extra special bitter) and robust porter; I specialize in high temperature fermentation to increase ester production. I have also worked as a political lobbyist and fundraiser for right wing political parties in New Zealand and tried to build connections between them and the Trump campaign in the U.S. I have traveled extensively in the South Pacific, the U.S. (especially Hawaii) and many European countries. I also have some media experience (I have had opinion pieces published and been interviewed by local media organizations). I usually enjoy being interviewed, because I make much more of an impression upon people in person. I love strategy games like Risk.

(4.) I hate only three things: onions, self-righteousness and having to wait for something I lust after. Never put onions in my food or preach to me about how I should live my life. And never, ever, ever waste my time! There is nothing I hate more than being around people who delay progression from one activity or goal/objective to the next, get distracted by trivia and are hung up on irrelevant rituals and routines. If they are also anxious, vacillate and catastrophize about the future, then they become toxic to me, and will face the full force of my anger.
    Last edited by Spermatozoa; 10-24-2017 at 08:37 PM.