Thread: Interesting facts about you

Hybrid View

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This one time at Bible camp I took a shit so big that it clogged one of the few toilets on the property and caused a massive overflow. I incubated that son of a bitch for about 5 days before crapping out what felt like a small child.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    357 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by A Moderator View Post
    This one time at Bible camp I took a shit so big that it clogged one of the few toilets on the property and caused a massive overflow. I incubated that son of a bitch for about 5 days before crapping out what felt like a small child.
    Familiar feeling. Yesterday I used some enema. The unloading procedure was quite light still but in the past...

I think I took shit once in a week when I was in army [that gig was not due to my free will]. Memorable moments.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Karatos View Post
    Yeah so this one time in art class, I was listening to this kid whine about a painting he was creating, and I got really tired of hearing about how dissatisfied he was about his work, since I thought the subject matter was super cool (the subject was a praying mantis).

So, while he was in the bathroom, I took it upon myself to deface his painting by slathering it with randomly colored paints, using my hands, paintbrushes, and sponges.

Then, I convinced all the other kids to join me in an almost ritualistic fashion as the teacher just kind of watched in amusement. It was a team effort and I owe it all to every entity involved; to top it off, I stuck a cheez-it on the wet clusterfuck of paint to let it dry and stick.

That day, the kid rode his unicycle home without a painting, and I rode home with what was once his painting.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah so this one time in art class, I was listening to this kid whine about a painting he was creating, and I got really tired of hearing about how dissatisfied he was about his work, since I thought the subject matter was super cool (the subject was a praying mantis).

So, while he was in the bathroom, I took it upon myself to deface his painting by slathering it with randomly colored paints, using my hands, paintbrushes, and sponges.

Then, I convinced all the other kids to join me in an almost ritualistic fashion as the teacher just kind of watched in amusement. It was a team effort and I owe it all to every entity involved; to top it off, I stuck a cheez-it on the wet clusterfuck of paint to let it dry and stick.

That day, the kid rode his unicycle home without a painting, and I rode home with what was once his painting.

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh my gosh, I can't believe you did that!!!
    ~* astralsilky

Each essence is a separate glass,
    Through which Sun of Being’s Light is passed,
    Each tinted fragment sparkles with the Sun,
    A thousand colors, but the Light is One.

Jami, 15th c. Persian Poet

Post types & fully individuated before 2012 ...

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hag 2 View Post
    i too went to bible camp
    My condolences.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Poetic @Sol

Disbelief Jung
    TIM
    Heavenly & Spiritual
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    McDonalds was opened in 1990 in Moscow.

I was there at Summer of that year. There was a long queue to enter in which I stayed for ~2 hours.
    I liked there: the coctail, hamburger, potato free, ice cream. When I visit Moscow I get a breakfast at McDonalds on Tverskaya street. McDonalds has acceptable meal, if not to eat it often.
    They have cafes in my town for several years. But I never visited them still, much due to political aversion to USA and the smell near them.
    Mcdonalds has the most unaccepable meals imo. So unaccepable and unhealthy that they should be paying us to eat it, not the inverse. Each time I eat it, I had stomach acidity 15 min later or less. I think its due the stuff they add to preserve their food, also it tastes like chlorine.

Last time I ate their food was because an LIE invited me for lunch and I didn't want to be rude by rejecting it, he recently had digestive problems, It was no surprise.

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BOT View Post
    Mcdonalds has the most unaccepable meals imo...
    In Germany there is an old joke.
    I have to retranslate it.

Fast food in German turns into Nearly food in English, because the german word fast means nearly in English.
    The meaning of that joke is regualar food is better. Better taste and usually it's healthier.

I guess my first meal at McDonalds was back in 1989, the last time I ate something from that vendor was in last year, I guess.

TIM
    whatever you think
    Mentioned
    601 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting. I eat at McDonalds occasionally. I usually just drive through to get a pop or a latte, but when I get food there, I try to stick to the 'healthier' menu options. Compared to other fast food restaurants where I'm from, it is prob the cheapest, especially with their dollar menu. If there are other fast food places around, it definitely wouldnt be where I'd choose to go, but good when you're traveling with a whole bunch of people and kids. We used to stop at least once at one on vacations. I get their bacon ranch salad with grilled chicken, a grilled ranch snack wrap with a yogurt parfait, an Artisan Grilled Chicken, or a McChicken, no fries. Their strawberry banana smoothie is pretty good too, imo. Sometimes I get their double chocolate muffin toppers if I'm craving something chocolatey. I rarely get their cheeseburgers or fries unless I'm sick or something and want salty food. Maybe once a year, if that. If I'm wanting a cheeseburger & fries, I'd go elsewhere. It always makes me feel terrible eating McDonald's cheeseburgers and especially their fries, in ways no other fast food place does. Their breakfast foods seem almost as bad, imo. It will pretty much ruin my whole day eating something like that from there.
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

https://youtu.be/JirvSuZQ-gA?t=225
    TIM
    IEI 9w1
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The only foods I won't eat:

1. Bland dry food. (cereal without milk)
    2. Annoying to chew food. (raw carrots)
    2. A combination of two processed American items eaten at the same time. (ex: oreos and kraft cheese)

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by the ardour of autumn View Post
    The only foods I won't eat:

1. Bland dry food. (cereal without milk)
    2. Annoying to chew food. (raw carrots)
    2. A combination of two processed American items eaten at the same time. (ex: oreos and kraft cheese)
    You’re like a parrot

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have the ability to eat so much McDonald’s (now). But when I was in my teens, I couldn’t eat their beef products without vomiting or having painful diarrhea right afterwards (Google “pink slime”).

Somehow I can handle it now. I can literally binge on several meals worth of McDonalds in one sitting. I once went through a phase where I’d eat 5 or 6 burgers in a row or the equivalent. One time I bought 100 chicken nuggets and ate them during the course of half a day. But it’s bad for you lol so I avoid doing it. Now that I think about it I was pretty fat during this phase (a couple years ago).

Edit: Also I know McDonalds is cheap in the US but it’s expensive in countries I’ve lived in...
    Last edited by sbbds; 11-17-2018 at 11:59 AM.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This conversation makes me want to tell my boyfriend to stay at his own place tonight so I can get 100 chicken McNuggets and eat them alone.

https://youtu.be/JirvSuZQ-gA?t=225
    TIM
    IEI 9w1
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

type

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by the ardour of autumn View Post
    type
    ESE, SEI, SEE

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In between the years of highschool and now, I have taken up writing. A lot of it is trash, I'd be a better director for movies, but I've probably written at least a million words.

I also compose music.

None of it is published, they're all more or less rants, and of quality unbecomming for public consumption, as its more personal to me. For example, my recent neoclasical parody of a psalm I wrote the score to. It follows a nonstandard key, and is definitely in one of the lesser used modes.

I still compare and contrast myself with the communist I met who hated music. I did as well shun art for a while, when I was in middleschool, but then I had to deal with the hypocrisy of being a musician, so I dropped that.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrenology

An optimist - does not get discouraged under any circumstances. Life upheavals and stressful events only toughen him and make more confident. He likes to laugh and entertain people. Enters contact with someone by involving him with a humorous remark. His humor is often sly and contain hints and double meanings. Easily enters into arguments and bets, especially if he is challenged. When arguing his points is often ironic, ridicules the views of his opponent. His irritability and hot temper may be unpleasant to others. However, he himself is not perceptive of this and believes that he is simply exchanging opinions.

http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.php?title=LIE_Profile_by_Gulenko

Disbelief Jung
    TIM
    Heavenly & Spiritual
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I'm Hungery.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I do not carry a phone with myself.
    And do not own a smartphone still. As see them as expensive and useless toys, big and weighty to carry, with huge possibilties to spy and steal personal info, with weak batteries to often recharge in regular usage, etc. Sometimes I look which new models appear and their specifications. I notice they've removed since ~2014 the possibility to replace batteries while it's useful as 1 battery lasts not so long and this removes the possibility to turn off the thing. That there are no small and light weighted models with good traits in low price ranges. That the common quality of smarts seems so awful that they are not designed to work ok more than 5 years, have weird software, significant issues even at top price ranges. At now I'm inclined to buy Galaxy S5 if I'll decide to watch this new technology for the fun, as this model should fit to minimum quality and has replacable battery.

Quote Originally Posted by BOT View Post
    I'm Hungery.
    take a gulyash
    Last edited by Sol; 11-29-2018 at 10:54 AM.

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are a bunch of Dagaz symbols ranging from small to huge in the natural lines of my right hand. One source claimed it meant cosmic consciousness. Anyway, it looks like a bunch of butterflies.

There are also naturally two small hearts side by side and a heart rising above them.

Next to the hearts is what looks like a flame and below this formation is a small window symbol.

There are also two life lines on my right hand.
    ~* astralsilky

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My grand grand mother was born in the US, near New York. My grandad's family used to live there for a few years at the beginning of the 20th century. They had gone there during the I. World War in an attempt to escape the destruction of Austria-Hungaria empire we were a part of. They had to come back after relatively short time, because they ran out of money. My grand grand mother was 3 months old when she left the US. I sometimes wonder what it would be like if they stayed there.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1603 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

My maternal grandfather was from Male Prilepy, Austro-Hungary. Immigrated to the States on a boat loaded with a bunch of other poor, funny-language-speaking foreigners. To get in, he had to prove he had $10 and wasn't feeble-minded. I think he won the money gambling on the boat. I don't know how he passed the "feeble-minded" test.

I think he was either LIE or SLE, because he worked here as an engineer for Bendix-Westinghouse and had a lot of patents.

Here's a picture of him shortly after he got off the boat. Arrow, under the flag. https://i.imgur.com/7DAGSRH.jpg

And here's a picture of my Czech grandmother on a family outing. ESI, second row, black hair, round glasses. https://i.imgur.com/oiDkYY8.jpg
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 11-26-2018 at 07:45 PM.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I literally have an ILE business partner.

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love cartoons, I could spend days just watching them. I use The Simpsons as an antidepressant and I remember dialogues from most of the episodes, I've seen the whole 30 series about 10-times. Whenever I feel upset, depressed, anxious, sad, I just watch few episodes of Simpsons and I feel good again.

Regular Show is great as well, it's surreal, funny and the overall vibe is very phlegmatic and easy going. It's about two slackers who'd do anything to avoid work and usually end up causing some sort of a supernatural disaster because of their extreme laziness. I relate to them way too much, lol.

I also like Adventure Time, but it can be too surrealistic sometimes and Finn actually gets on my nerves with his epic heroism. He's basically flawless, people like this don't exist and even if they did...they would get on everyone's nerves I bet.

Rick & Morty is epic as well with its existential depression dressed in surreal worlds and jokes.

I've been rewatching BoJack Horseman on Netflix as well, and it's extremely emotional and deep. Totally love it and the main character's so real it brings chills.

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    I love cartoons, I could spend days just watching them. I use The Simpsons as an antidepressant and I remember dialogues from most of the episodes, I've seen the whole 30 series about 10-times. Whenever I feel upset, depressed, anxious, sad, I just watch few episodes of Simpsons and I feel good again.

Regular Show is great as well, it's surreal, funny and the overall vibe is very phlegmatic and easy going. It's about two slackers who'd do anything to avoid work and usually end up causing some sort of a supernatural disaster because of their extreme laziness. I relate to them way too much, lol.

I also like Adventure Time, but it can be too surrealistic sometimes and Finn actually gets on my nerves with his epic heroism. He's basically flawless, people like this don't exist and even if they did...they would get on everyone's nerves I bet.

Rick & Morty is epic as well with its existential depression dressed in surreal worlds and jokes.

I've been rewatching BoJack Horseman on Netflix as well, and it's extremely emotional and deep. Totally love it and the main character's so real it brings chills.
    I can't stand most popular TV shows. I don't know if it's me or them.

Anime, however, is completely different. It's my crack cocaine, nirvana, and ecstasy.

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aramas View Post
    I can't stand most popular TV shows. I don't know if it's me or them.

Anime, however, is completely different. It's my crack cocaine, nirvana, and ecstasy.
    I can’t stand anime

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

X
    Last edited by huiheiwufhawriuhg; 03-28-2021 at 05:26 PM.

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fay View Post
    Oh, and since Adam posted some pics, here's my family. The photo was taken in Terrytown in 1900. It's picture of my grand-grand-grand mother and grand-grand-grand father with some other guy. I really have no idea who is who, I don't know anything about them. Judging from the character of my grandfather's family, they all seem be very strong Se valuers. https://imgur.com/a/KTQIMC0
    Hi Fay, I know this is old but I started looking at this thread where i left off pages back. I was going to ask just where, when you first mentioned it was "near NY", but here you tell us Tarrytown [that is the spelling]. My husband grew up quite near there, and his best friend from childhood is a lawyer there now. When they were school age they both had working parents, but in those days kids could run free after school while their parents were at work; it was safe. And I take the bridge over the Hudson in Tarrytown often when traveling; I take it to avoid my GPS's directive to take me into New York City and over the terribly congested George Washington Bridge, instead. Anyway, it's a very beautiful area and it would have been quite a beautiful bucolic country town, nicely situated 25 miles from Manhattan, when your great-great-great-grandparents were there [I am calculating that is the right amount of greats to add to your grandparents if they arrived there in 1900]. It is an area made particularly famous by Washington Irving. My husband lived just off Sleepy Hollow Rd. Its still beautiful there. I wonder if you have old correspondence with a Tarrytown address? Because if so it would be interesting for you to Google and see it. I have addresses from my parents' old correspondence, and it has been interesting to see where they lived, by googling the addresses.

Your great-great-great-grandparents probably arrived in Tarrytown just about the very time my great-great-great-grandfather and his family emigrated to Toronto from London! His brother was a well known artist/sculptor. I have two beautiful drawings of his (he was not an artist by profession, but they are beautiful). This is his artist brother:
    .................................................. ......
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My DNA test results showed no trace of the ethnicity of my surname.

Due to familial problems, I once went through a season of believing I was switched in the hospital at birth. I later gave up the notion after much research and individually questioning my parents.
    ~* astralsilky

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vesstheastralsilky View Post
    My DNA test results showed no trace of the ethnicity of my surname.

Due to familial problems, I once went through a season of believing I was switched in the hospital at birth. I later gave up the notion after much research and individually questioning my parents.
    Why not just DNA test your parents?

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    Why not just DNA test your parents?
    I wanted to, to elucidate the results better, but neither would agree to it. My Dad doesn't believe in the accuracy of the tests because he thinks the science is too young (perspective: he is in his 70s now) and told me with hostility that those who give their money for those tests are fools. My Mom says she's content with knowing she's a pure breed, which potential does align with family records and test results.

Anyway, I am glad I had it done. It proved my hunches of actually some Middle Eastern blood at 6%, Celtic at 36% British Isles, and Old Norse at a trace of Finnish. I instinctively have felt an affinity with each of those cultures for a variety of reasons over the years. The majority found was Eastern European. Doing the research, I found that I resemble typical Ukrainians a lot...
    ~* astralsilky

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I have a small birthmark in the center of solar plexus.

Quote Originally Posted by vesstheastralsilky View Post
    I found that I resemble typical Ukrainians a lot...
    They have no specifical ethnicity, in average. Very close to Russians, by which called themselves for 1000 years. Name "ukraine" translates as "near border territory".

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    I have a small birthmark in the center of solar plexus.

They have no specifical ethnicity, in average. Very close to Russians, by which called themselves for 1000 years. Name "ukraine" translates as "near border territory".
    Interesting on point one. One point 2 ... Yes my Mom says she is just Polish. I Googled images of Ukrainian versus Polish women among other women by country around the world ...
    ~* astralsilky

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have no body piercings nor tattoos and never had. That is unusual in America. The norm is for girls to be pressured or forced at a young age to get their ears pierced, but I refused. I thought it was too unnatural. I used to laugh as a teenager and joke that I had virgin ears.
    ~* astralsilky

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

When I write poetry, I always make it adhere to some metrical form. Anything less is bitching out. Or so I often think.

TIM
    whatever you think
    Mentioned
    601 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got a summons for federal court jury duty this last summer. Evidently it's really rare, they claimed, to be summoned to federal court. The case was against the state police department with high profile lawyers and seemed like a Big Deal. I wished I could have stayed, but it was a 2 hour drive from home and my husband would have had to take off work to watch the kids. I talked to the judge and the lawyers about it and they agreed to let me go. But it's amazing all the things people were pulling out of their ass trying to get out of it. Should have heard some of the things these people said. But it was a pretty cool experience.

Unfortunately as I was going in I was an idiot and forgot I had a knife in my purse. I had been borrowing my husbands car and he had a pretty large knife just laying out in there. I just stuck it in my purse because I didn't want the kids messing with it, and I thought I'd borrow it, because you never know when it might come in handy. Well, I forgot it was in there. When I went through the metal detectors, I pulled a knife out of my purse and about died. Should have seen the look on the officers faces. Lol. They told me I had to go outside and dispose of it. I was pretty embarrassed, and the fact they made such a big deal out of it made me even more embarrassed.
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1603 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@aster, covert terrorist. Lol.

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@aster wow what a horrid experience. Thank goodness it's over.
    ~* astralsilky

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Around 1984 at the height of taking dance lessons, I decided I wanted to know what Irish folk dancing was and learn it. I looked through the telephone book and no lessons were offered in all of metro Detroit and tri-county area. I looked at the library, but nothing. No books or videos. When I was 15 my local library finally had a book on IrishGaelic, as for whatever reasons I was interested to learn it since age 10. I used to check it out from the library a lot but got stuck on correct pronunciation in my studies, for I realized it was in fact Scottish Gaelic not the desired Irish and was published by a British agency.

From 1986 to 1995 or so Enya got famous and Irish culture experienced its worldwide revival awakening. So I was intuitively sensing the fringe of the trend a few years in advance without enticement or any logical explanation.

A distant young cousin of mine had the opportunity to learn Irish dance. With her team she has gone to Ireland often and won many competitions.

After seeing what that style of dance really was like, I decided that my ballet lyrical and modern jazz was really more my thing.
    ~* astralsilky

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Artistic pursuits over the years in my free time

I have written over 50 poems, on piano 5 instrumental songs and 1 with electronic programming very quickly, composed and forgotten many many other songs in my mind, currently have over 20 paintings I created (some were given away as gifts), and drawn over 200 illustrations mostly in color and abstract compositions. I've also baked a decorated several cakes for people I cared about but it has been a long while.
    ~* astralsilky

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast