Banned
    TIM
    LIE-Ni 8w7 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nanashi View Post
    He started off wealthy, and it's very dubious that he's successful. I mean, some inventors on his payroll sometimes are...but is that really 'succcess'?
    $38.2B net worth… 7 kids… founded SpaceX which just put Americans back into space again after NASA's shameful 10yr hiatus…

Dunno what metrics you use, but he sounds like a successful person to me.

Quote Originally Posted by NightHawk View Post
    I've always pegged Elon as a feeling type. He is a hopeless romantic, as you can see from how he talks about his idea of love in interviews.
    What interviews? Could easily be an expression of dual-seeking inferior Fi.

He seems to see possibilities, not reality.
    The dude is tremendously wealthy via his own efforts, I really don't think his reality testing is suspect.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mfckrz View Post
    $38.2B net worth… 7 kids… founded SpaceX which just put Americans back into space again after NASA's shameful 10yr hiatus…

The dude is tremendously wealthy via his own efforts, I really don't think his reality testing is suspect.
    Uh....going to his high school (provided I found the correct one), costs a fifth of a million dollars now.I'm not sure what it cost his parents, but his dad was an engineer in South Africa....His family was wealthy. I don't see Musk as successful nor happy. His relationships do not seem to bring him joy, and when you get past the starry-eye inducing marketing...he's throwing money around and treating the people poorly who work at his company.What about his innovations? So much seem to be the work of others, and he simply tries to finance those...while treating people poorly.

Banned
    TIM
    LIE-Ni 8w7 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Uh....going to his high school (provided I found the correct one), costs a fifth of a million dollars now.I'm not sure what it cost his parents, but his dad was an engineer in South Africa....His family was wealthy. I don't see Musk as successful nor happy. His relationships do not seem to bring him joy, and when you get past the starry-eye inducing marketing...he's throwing money around and treating the people poorly who work at his company.What about his innovations? So much seem to be the work of others, and he simply tries to finance those...while treating people poorly.
    Did he inherit $38.2B? Obviously not. Starting well-off doesn't in any way diminish his achievements given their scope.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did he inherit $38.2B? Obviously not. Starting well-off doesn't in any way diminish his achievements given their scope.
    but...yes, starting well-off does change the likelihood he will be able to achieve. And I'm not saying achievements are diminished. I'm saying impressiveness is. What diminished his achievements is finding out how many aren't his intellectual work

Banned
    TIM
    LIE-Ni 8w7 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

but...yes, starting well-off does change the likelihood he will be able to achieve. And I'm not saying achievements are diminished. I'm saying impressiveness is. What diminished his achievements is finding out how many aren't his intellectual work
    How in the world would you even know what is his intellectual work? You don't. You're just casting shade on him because you've decided you don't like something about him (which may or may not even be true). Surely you are smarter than this.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How in the world would you even know what is his intellectual work? You don't. You're just casting shade on him because you've decided you don't like something about him (which may or may not even be true). Surely you are smarter than this.
    No, you misunderstand me....I mean when one reads his interviews where he explicitly defines innovations people assume are his intellectual work as NOT his.

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wealth = / = happiness ask Adam Strange. After you make a certain quantity of money its just managing assets vs liabilities and investing. If you enjoy that it can bring some happiness... but money comes with social issues. People behave differently if they know you are well off and you can't trust them anymore..

The guy's love life is a disaster. He seems to enjoy his achievements tho, so who knows. Successful for sure, 7 kids . I'd call that success.

Imo Elon is Alpha quadra. Ne-Ti ILE
    Last edited by SGF; 06-09-2020 at 08:27 AM.

Banned
    TIM
    LIE-Ni 8w7 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shotgunfingers View Post
    Wealth = / = happiness ask Adam Strange.
    Adam Strange (LSE) can't even type himself correctly, who cares what he thinks about anything in this context.

Imo Elon is Alpha quadra. Ne-Ti ILE
    Ridiculous typing.

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ridiculous typing.
    Its as good as any. Devaluing your stock via a single tweet is not very Ni-Te. Elon is many things, but he lacks foresight and a sense of pragmatic efficiency.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its as good as any. Devaluing your stock via a single tweet is not very Ni-Te. Elon is many things, but he lacks foresight and a sense of pragmatic efficiency.
    What

I’m sorry but you’re taking tiny instances here and not looking at the bigger picture, which is that he’s invested in futuristic technologies and has created huge companies that build machines which are focused on pragmatic efficiency.

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    What

I’m sorry but you’re taking tiny instances here and not looking at the bigger picture, which is that he’s invested in futuristic technologies and has created huge companies that build machines which are focused on pragmatic efficiency.
    This is a typical NT thing, how does it have to be specifically gamma?
    Crushing the value of your own stock via 1 single tweet is NOT a tiny instance. People lost a lot of money over that.
    There are many other instances, all reasons why most entrepreneurs & libertarians hate the guy.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Crushing the value of your own stock via 1 single tweet is NOT a tiny instance. People lost a lot of money over that.
    It’s a tiny instance because it’s only one action within the course of his entire career and lifestyle.

It is related to gamma NT because it’s specifically pragmatic efficiency, and future investment.
    That’s more closely directly connected to Te and Ni, respectively.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are many other instances, all reasons why most entrepreneurs & libertarians hate the guy.
    I am the opposite of inspired by him...big letdown

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    What

I know an lse who enjoys cutting edge science in their profession... not everyone at the forefront is LIE

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know an lse who enjoys cutting edge science in their profession... not everyone at the forefront is LIE
    Sure, but does he produce it?

Not everyone is of course, but it’s correlated. Especially when it’s not just about tech and software, but requires hard engineering with a solid commerce background.