Thread: Gamma Duality

Hybrid View

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1604 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I’ve seen an ILE buckle down and work frantically when he thought his job was at risk, but then immediately revert to artful dodging and screwing up customer relations as his normal mode of doing business.

The LSI’s that I know are good at incrementally building businesses and would never, ever be caught smoking weed on camera with Joe Rogan. But an ILE would do that because, why not? Especially if he got to speculate on Time and Space and the Mysteries of the Universe at the same time with an admiring audience. I just can’t see an LSI ever doing that.

ILE’s are good at starting businesses and then derailing them for the hell of it. If Elon is making money, it’s because his investors are forcing some discipline on him.

TIM
    SLE-C (ISTP)
    Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I’ve seen an ILE buckle down and work frantically when he thought his job was at risk, but then immediately revert to artful dodging and screwing up customer relations as a normal mode of doing business.

The LSI’s that I know are good at incrementally building businesses and would never, ever be caught smoking weed on camera with Joe Rohan. But an ILE would do that because, why not?
    Your view of LSI seems too simplistic and monochromatic. Similar to my stereotypical view of LIE businessmen, actually.
    I'm not ILE but don't see a problem with his smoking weed on camera. Breaking the rules and expectations of the boring Te business world and messing with stock market lemmings is fun. It's creative use of your Se power, provoking Fe reactions.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1604 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Northstar View Post
    Your view of LSI seems too simplistic and monochromatic. Similar to my stereotypical view of LIE businessmen, actually.
    I'm not ILE but don't see a problem with his smoking weed on camera. Breaking the rules and expectations of the boring Te business world and messing with stock market lemmings is fun. It's creative use of your Se power, provoking Fe reactions.
    Lots of things are fun but they usually aren’t going to give other people confidence in the idea that you will grow their money for them. Elon is getting money because he’s been lucky. His space ventures were on the edge of failure when congress told NASA to find a private contractor to launch rockets. He’s being funded almost entirely by mandated NASA money. So the first chance he got, he launched a toy car into orbit. Good grief.

This is why I said that he has been lucky, and that luck can create more luck.

TIM
    SLE-C (ISTP)
    Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lots of things are fun but they usually aren’t going to give other people confidence in the idea that you will grow their money for them. Elon is getting money because he’s been lucky. His space ventures were on the edge of failure when congress told NASA to find a private contractor to launch rockets. So the first chance he got, he launched a toy car into orbit. Good grief.

This is why I said that he has been lucky, and that luck can create more luck.
    Fair enough. That just shows that his motivations aren't about money at all and he doesn't care about growing other people's money either. He simply plays by his own rules, not those of the stock market. Ti > Te.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1604 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Fair enough. That just shows that his motivations aren't about money at all and he doesn't care about growing other people's money either. He simply plays by his own rules, not those of the stock market. Ti > Te.
    I agree with that, yes.

LSI’s are systems builders who are guided by rules, which is why I don’t see Elon as an LSI. And he’s too inventive and too random and undisciplined to be LIE. But that’s just my opinion.

TIM
    SLE-C (ISTP)
    Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with that, yes.

LSI’s are systems builders who are guided by rules, which is why I don’t see Elon as an LSI. And he’s too inventive and too random and undisciplined to be LIE. But that’s just my opinion.
    Tesla as a company operates under very tight rules and management controls, the front desk people have no say in how company policy should be followed. Elon rules the company with an iron grip, that's classic LSI.
    LSI don't want to operate under the rules of the society or rules of "common sense" (these are all mostly Te), instead following his own personally created rules (Ti) and making his underlings follow them without question (creative Se).
    That may seem random to Te users especially, since the thought process behind the decisions and personal rules is not verbalized.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tesla as a company operates under very tight rules and management controls, the front desk people have no say in how company policy should be followed. Elon rules the company with an iron grip, that's classic LSI.
    LSI don't want to operate under the rules of the society or rules of "common sense" (these are all mostly Te), instead following his own personally created rules (Ti) and making his underlings follow them without question (creative Se).
    That may seem random to Te users especially, since the thought process behind the decisions and personal rules is not verbalized.
    Can you give an example of a famous CEO who isn’t said to rule with an iron grip?

On this forum, people have said that Steve Jobs is EIE lmao. And he’s said to rule with an iron grip. I mean I guess you could say that duals have similarities like that, but I just feel like there’s no consistency or temperance with how stereotypes are flung around on this forum.

Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

LSI don't want to operate under the rules of the society or rules of "common sense" (these are all mostly Te)
    I don't think this is a fair assesment or understanding of Te at all.

As a Te lead I don't care about rules or follow them at all. That means I don't make my own rules nor do I care about society's. I do agree that Te egos involved in business (whether myself or other Te egos I have known) are likely to rely on external measurements such as benefits (at least in part) to gauge how much potential is being developped by their business undertakings. But to be fair I've seen EIEs and LSIs do this too - neither the Te egos nor the Ti valuers I have worked with reduce the success of the business simply to money. I do see EIEs follow the rules of society( at least laws and regulations) in an almost obsessive compulsive sense.

LSIs do seem to follow a more invisible set of rules though, yes.

It's interesting how I heard other LSIs, I do think it was Myst but also squark, say something similar about Te being more "conforming" in a general sense, which sounds similar to your remark about Te playing by society's rules and "common sense". Perhaps it appears that way, I think LIEs and LSIs deeply misunderstand each others use of logic, lol.
    Join my Enneagram Discord: https://discord.gg/ND4jCAcs

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's not true, common sense is, if anything, more like Fe. In the description of LIE is written: "they live by their own principles which don't necessarily match those of the societies they live in but have been formed according to the LIE's own observations and experiences"
    Which has been absolutely true in my personal life as well

I have a feeling that you haven't read a real description about LIEs yet:
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...-Rational-ENTj

Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

And he’s too inventive and too random and undisciplined to be LIE.
    LIE-Creative is inventive and fairly undisciplined - they differ from ILEs though in that they try to apply their invetions and/or through active experimentation. ILEs are more likely to play around with their understanding of things in their mind, it seems.

LSI-Creative is also an odd one. They are the LSIs who invent contraptions and weird shit. I once saw this LSI dude in a documentary that made these bdsm machines. Unfortunately I didn't register his name - nor that of the documentary. He seems to fit the bill.

I don't think Musk is LSI simply because his vision is too broad - LSIs rarely become CEOs of large tech companies because from what I can tell they are better at leading small groups. Ne pols can be creative(sometimes very much so) but don't seem to have a "general vision" of things.
    Join my Enneagram Discord: https://discord.gg/ND4jCAcs