Hybrid View

TIM
    SLE-C (ISTP)
    Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Accipiter View Post
    I don't even like admitting that Elon Musk is an LIE. He's so disconnected from how things should be, he doesn't understand the typical role of a CEO, he would rather pick fights on twitter than act professional, and he doesn't care about his actions in relation to his companies (or their stock prices, I have so, so many examples of this.)
    I can't accept that anyone would put him as a Te subtype LIE. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but this guy is much too disconnected from the way reality works. Even just the way he runs his companies, sure he's a workaholic, but you can tell he didn't care about a majority share, until he was bit with reality, unlike 'real' LIEs like Jeff Bezos who understand how things work ahead of time. How many LIEs are going to tank their stock by admitting "Tesla is overvalued imo". Half of this guy is like a child.
    It's because he isn't a LIE. He doesn't give a fuck about stock prices, "proper CEO behavior" and other utterly boring Gamma Te crap.
    Grimes possibly being IEE (ESI isn't impossible though) is interesting, shows that Socionics understanding isn't complete and current theories of ITR don't explain everything.
    Last edited by Northstar; 05-18-2020 at 07:21 AM.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1603 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Northstar View Post
    It's because he isn't a LIE. He doesn't give a fuck about stock prices, "proper CEO behavior" and other utterly boring Gamma Te crap.
    Grimes possibly being IEE (ESI isn't impossible though) is interesting, shows that Socionics understanding isn't complete and current theories of ITR don't explain everything.
    @Northstar, I agree with you. I think he’s most likely a very, very smart ILE who got lucky and his initial luck has made him more luck, which can happen in the real world.
    Someone pointed to his sleeping on the Tesla assembly line as an example of his work ethic. I say No, it’s an example that he’s clueless, random, and he’s doing it wrong.
    I could see Grimes as an IEE. Or much less likely, an ESI e4. Either way, she gives me the creeps but I could see an ILE going for her. Her Ne is right up there, and they can act like two irresponsible kids together. It isn’t love, it’s mutual reinforcement and all about feeling validated.

TIM
    SLE-C (ISTP)
    Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    @Northstar, I agree with you. I think he’s most likely a very, very smart ILE who got lucky and his initial luck has made him more luck, which can happen in the real world.
    Someone pointed to his sleeping on the Tesla assembly line as an example of his work ethic. I say No, it’s an example that he’s clueless, random, and he’s doing it wrong.
    I could see Grimes as an IEE. Or much less likely, an ESI e4. Either way, she gives me the creeps but I could see an ILE going for her. Her Ne is right up there, and they can act like two irresponsible kids together. It isn’t love, it’s mutual reinforcement and all about feeling validated.
    He's smart and much more irrational than a typical LSI (Se subtype), with some ILE traits (but definitely isn't one). Sleeping there isn't work ethic to me either, it's being passionately invested in his work/vision (same thing) and wanting to make sure things are done exactly according to his specifications. LSI traits, both of them.
    Being rich and powerful with endless amounts of fun things to do can solve many classic socionics ITR issues. IEE are independent with their own pursuits and don't need that much attention, that can work very well for a busy LSI that doesn't have much time over to put into a relationship.