Hybrid View

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Resonare View Post
    It's really interesting how all the ILIs are posting very victim-ish depictions of ILI-SEE duality. I think the term "psuedo-aggressor" should be used exclusively for LIEs while ILIs go into the same victim bracket as Beta NFs.
    I believe 'pseudo-aggressor' arises from the ILI/LIE's general attitude towards life. I and other ILIs I know of have no issue pushing our point and getting things done. It is only in the relationship sphere where ILI/LIE may exhibit more passivity in fostering a closer bond (hence them being pseudo-aggressors). Gamma NTs can initiate conversations, dates or relationships. However, the person initiating the bonding is almost always the Gamma SF. I was the one to engage my current boyfriend when others were too intimidated to talk to him because of how unapproachable he was (he is likely ESI-Se/SEE-Fi) though he was the one who first became interested and had to convince me of his sincerity. That involved him breaking down my walls quite a bit, since I found it easy enough to interact with him but did not think I could trust him with my vulnerabilities yet.

Additionally, pseudo-aggressor may simply be societal perception of the dominant one in the relationship. Even now I, as the ILI, am very much the one setting the direction of the relationship/our lives and giving him 'task lists', which others have perceived as me ordering him around and him following my orders way too willingly. (Though that is not my intention, and he appreciates my lead in this regard). He is simply the sort to find delight in doing things for his loved ones, which may be misinterpreted as submissiveness. (Notably, such an interpretation is usually taken by our EIE and SLE acquaintances)

Therefore, I wouldn't say that ILIs' victim tendencies are equivalent to Beta NFs because Gamma NTs' Ni-Te cognition is also a facet of the relationship. The pictures posted are probably more representative of Gamma SF persistence in breaking down Gamma NT walls to forge a deep bond. (And ILI probably has thicker walls than LIE, hence SEE needing more force to break through)
    Last edited by Alstroemeria; 04-06-2016 at 05:49 AM.