Thread: Beta Duality

Hybrid View

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Anyone ever watched the Studio Ghibli film Princess Mononoke? This is some intense SLE female IEI male protagonist action going down. Funny, ever since I was a wee kid watching this movie on TV at home, I'd always knew I wanted to marry someone like the prince Ashitaka lol. Gentle, peaceful, stoic, and kind.

Ashitakaaaaaaa!!!!
    [Today 07:57 AM] Raver: Life is a ride that lasts very long, but still a ride. It is a dream that we have yet to awaken from.

It's hard to find a love through every shade of grey.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffer View Post
    Anyone ever watched the Studio Ghibli film Princess Mononoke? This is some intense SLE female IEI male protagonist action going down. Funny, ever since I was a wee kid watching this movie on TV at home, I'd always knew I wanted to marry someone like the prince Ashitaka lol. Gentle, peaceful, stoic, and kind.
    I have seen the movie.

I would agree with you on typing Mononoke as Beta ST. Personally, I lean towards LSI for her.
    Ashitaka... I tend to view him more as ESI. His endurance and force in combat showcase his Creative Se, while he does have a more "sensitive" side. Perhaps he is 9w8.
    Mononoke might be a Counterphobic 6... she seems very counter phobic. Maybe she is Sx/So 6w7.
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SisOfNight View Post
    I have seen the movie.

I would agree with you on typing Mononoke as Beta ST. Personally, I lean towards LSI for her.
    Ashitaka... I tend to view him more as ESI. His endurance and force in combat showcase his Creative Se, while he does have a more "sensitive" side. Perhaps he is 9w8.
    Mononoke might be a Counterphobic 6... she seems very counter phobic. Maybe she is Sx/So 6w7.
    On a superficial level I can see why those traits would cause those typings, especially with your case for Se placement in Ashitaka. The reason for my typings is because of what their roles symbolize as they fit in the story and interact with all of the other characters overall. And as for Ashitaka's overall character, I have difficulty seeing his core personality (aside from his magic physical powers) being something other than Ni lead. That and the supervision relationship he has with Eboshi (LIE) thinking he's a dumbass throughout the plot, lol if he were ESI then it wouldn't fit.
    [Today 07:57 AM] Raver: Life is a ride that lasts very long, but still a ride. It is a dream that we have yet to awaken from.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

That and the supervision relationship he has with Eboshi (LIE) thinking he's a dumbass throughout the plot, lol if he were ESI then it wouldn't fit.
    Actually, I found their relation was not that strained at all. On the contrary, he had compassion and respect for both Eboshi's reality and the world Mononoke lived in.
    So, they might actually be Duals. At least that is how I saw it. I would agree with typing Eboshi as LIE, btw.
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SisOfNight View Post
    Actually, I found their relation was not that strained at all. On the contrary, he had compassion and respect for both Eboshi's reality and the world Mononoke lived in.
    So, they might actually be Duals. At least that is how I saw it. I would agree with typing Eboshi as LIE, btw.
    1) She laughed at him when he stated his reason for coming to the town
    2) He was filled with rage and tried to kill her when she spoke about turning the god into a demon with her iron
    3) The entire time, while yes respecting the community of the humans, he basically disapproved of Eboshi's approach towards how she was in conflict with the animals and her methods for developing the forest

I don't really see how it wasn't mostly strained, with the mutual respect coming from sharing a similar way of communication with Ni in the ego talking about future visions for development lol. Both of them are "calm" and farsighted.

At one point in the plot Jigo comments, "What side is he on anyway?" .. Esenin is supposed to be the "social survivor" type. As well, Esenin is supposed to be the bifurcation point before beta turns to gamma. From http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...-Benefit-Rings :

"The corrector or perfector of the quadra is its fourth type - IEI. This type is the bifurcation point - it does something to make the system transition to a completely different state, a more democratic one. This is what is called an "open society". This is the mission of third, gamma quadra. IEI carries the key which locks the second quadra and unlocks the third one. He dreams of a better life, that all this totalitarianism comes to an end, strives to create peace. He rejects force. The system disintegrates - a sudden collapse then everything moves towards a new state. This can be observed experimentally - if an IEI is working in a group he will as some point halt this huge machine. It is simply amazing how he brings about this crash, unclear how this is achieved. Here again it can all start over again or move to third quadra. But nobody will leave voluntarily, especially from second quadra."
    This was literally his entire role in the film. And we can say that the second quadra was symbolized by the state of chaos and disorder that the environment was in at the time.

Mononoke and Ashitaka are pictured as complete opposites in character in nearly every way (although, I can see how in terms of abilities like fighting, they both pretty much look like superheroes which is going to lead you to want to say Se ego for both). One is a prince from a noble tribe from a faraway land, ultra cultured, bred from a line of men where the bloodline has been getting weaker and weaker with each generation (ESI men are fit and strong so this wouldn't be a viable comment if he were ESI; some kind of Ni ego, especially IEI which is arguable the most feminine type makes way more sense); the other, more or less half animal half human, and unable to fit into either category. This brings up another argument for SLE rather than LSI or some other Se ego type for Mononoke. SLE is supposed to be a type that historically can harmonize differences between two very opposite sides--they are Fe hidden agenda, and so they also strongly seek to be accepted by a group. Do you remember the part in the movie where a member of the ape tribe insults Mononoke by saying that she doesn't care about the animals' situation because she is human? How offended and hurt she reacted to it? For another thing, Mononoke is way too emotionally expressive at a constant rate to be 1D Fe. Her handle on Se is way too intense. So I say it makes way more sense for her to be 4D Se and 2D Fe, and for her and Ashitaka to be duals, a yin and yang as they have been created to come across. It makes sense for them to both be working together, for the Fe and Se-valuing purpose of reconciling all parties and saving the forest spirit along with the humans and their wellbeing.

TIM
    LIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Funny, ever since I was a wee kid watching this movie on TV at home, I'd always knew I wanted to marry someone like the prince Ashitaka lol. Gentle, peaceful, stoic, and kind.
    Except that he is EII (EII-Fi) =P.

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mclane View Post
    Except that he is EII (EII-Fi) =P.
    Bitch plz, already found an RL version and he is IEI. Fix your knowledge hunty.