Thread: Arrogance of the Hidden Agenda

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by maithili
    I can definitely relate to the experience of having a conflictor parent, and how much more it sucks (imo) in the particular case of an extraverted, logical conflictor in a position of authority over an introverted, ethical, intuitive child. There have been times when I know beforehand that I should not take my LSE mother's advice, and yet I'm bullied into it bc I don't want to hurt her feelings and also bc she's Se demonstrative, after all - she can definitely be a bully. Which she denies later, of course. I'm in my late 20s now, and I'm still figuring out new ways to diffuse the conflict with my mother while still remaining on cordial terms with her. It is exhausting.

And as for arrogance with your HA, I get that too, and I think you're right. An IEI's grasp of Ti matters is very internal and intuitive, and once in a while it comes out into the open and astounds everyone with its coherency. I had an ESE roommate, who thought I was a logical wunderkind, even though I was only using Ni with her. And then you realize you actually are out of your depth in front of a Ti-user (except for LIIs, they are too slow).

The problem with using computer/tech examples to show this is that I think all logical types display a competency with this, that can be impressive regardless if they are using Ti or Te. I'm from Silicon Valley, so I grew up with a lot of tech speak and nothing is new or unknown to me, but I will still freak out about small operational things, which both my ILI brother and LSI partner approach pretty much the same way.

One difference though, is my LSI partner is much more likely to tell me not to worry about whatever I'm worrying about. "Surveillance? There's millions of people's data everywhere, why would anyone want to go after your data?" That kind of thing, and it really reassures me. My ILI brother, on the other hand, will try to freak me out even more, tell me that I need to be a lot more careful with everything, and basically NOT reassure me.

Quote Originally Posted by nondescript View Post
    This is not Ti < - > Te difference, but rather Se < - > Ni difference. YAY!

No, actually. Not at all.

?
    You're suggesting that my ILI brother doesn't reassure me bc of Ni, but my LSI partner does reassure me bc of Se. And that it doesn't have anything to do with Ti or Te. Am I right?
    Last edited by bolong; 10-06-2015 at 02:53 AM.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maithili View Post
    You're suggesting that my ILI brother doesn't reassure me bc of Ni, but my LSI partner does reassure me bc of Se. And that it doesn't have anything to do with Ti or Te. Am I right?
    I'm not sure why it is but ILIs do seem way too paranoid over simple issues that I see as unrealistic. So in that sense it can be a Se vs Ni thing. I don't think it's Ti vs Te either.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    I'm not sure why it is but ILIs do seem way too paranoid over simple issues that I see as unrealistic. So in that sense it can be a Se vs Ni thing. I don't think it's Ti vs Te either.
    And I think you're definitely LSE.

But let's not open that can of worms, eh?

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

And I think you're definitely LSE.

But let's not open that can of worms, eh?
    What, just because I didn't agree that this is a Ti/Te difference?

And no, I don't see how this is a "can of worms" because the suggestion is complete nonsense.

PS: If by any chance - which I find highly highly unlikely - you did honestly consider this with your own reasoning behind it, it's OK to post your reasoning in my type me thread.

EDIT: sry, I see your other post only now.

TIM
    ESI 684
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, actually. Not at all.

Yes, actually. Because Se is merely pointing out obvious things("Why would anyone target you specifically amidst an ocean of people online") vs Ni potentiality("You must always be aware-you never know what danger lurks behind the corner / in this case best be prepared for a possibility of surveillance so it's best to preempt it").

Te would just talk about what you could gain / lose or the types of surveillance(their weak / strong points, encryption etc) and Ti would analyse how that surveillance works and advise you about the best way to protect yourself. Do notice that it's different than what you wrote originally.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, actually. Because Se is merely pointing out obvious things("Why would anyone target you specifically amidst an ocean of people online") vs Ni potentiality("You must always be aware-you never know what danger lurks behind the corner / in this case best be prepared for a possibility of surveillance so it's best to preempt it").

Te would just talk about what you could gain / lose or the types of surveillance(their weak / strong points, encryption etc) and Ti would analyse how that surveillance works and advise you about the best way to protect yourself. Do notice that it's different than what you wrote originally.
    Maybe it's your tone, or your personal understanding of informational elements that I don't subscribe to, but none of this made sense to me.

I'm describing something very personal to me, subtleties of my relations with my partner and brother - it couldn't possibly get more intimate. And your redefining of that is nonsensical topicalities to me, also unimportant.