Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suz View Post
    which i painfully realized myself once placed into a setting in which Ne proficiency was required of me (namely, coming up with new ideas for research), which i was fairly feeble in delivering.
    i don't know if i'd say that is "weak " per se. research can be driven by things such as curiosity and seeking knowledge/understanding along with liking to investigate areas one is interested in using scientific methods; or like you said later, by something you're excited about or actually care about. without a personal reason to come up with a research topic (i.e. maybe there's nothing one really feels like "researching"), it wouldn't be easy to come up with ideas that would last longer than the sounding board of one's internal thoughts.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by inumbra View Post
    i don't know if i'd say that is "weak " per se. research can be driven by things such as curiosity and seeking knowledge/understanding along with liking to investigate areas one is interested in using scientific methods; or like you said later, by something you're excited about or actually care about. without a personal reason to come up with a research topic (i.e. maybe there's nothing one really feels like "researching"), it wouldn't be easy to come up with ideas that would last longer than the sounding board of one's internal thoughts.
    yeah but i tried to formulate research ideas on a topic i was excited about, and i had a hard time. Unfortunately my then boss's Ne sucked too, so his "ideas" were stupid, boring, and impractical. I do better when others formulate the research ideas and vision, and i can then pick the one(s) i like, and get things moving and get things done.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx