Quote Originally Posted by golden View Post
I think you’re right and it’s not the perfect term. It’s not too easy for me to find terms for things I spent most of my life thinking were “just me” and never reflecting on. I also think it’s correct to say Fe is less subjective than Fi but obviously no one is without bias or selective attention.
No worries

Lol. I don’t know that I agree with that write up. He was espistemologically attacking cognitive bias. Agnosticism in his sense has to do with not trusting your beliefs. Blind belief is not adequate. He had a lot of background training in the sciences, and imo he was saying both that there are things we can concretely know, and there are things beyond what we can concretely know. Some of this was influenced by psychedelics and is a product of his zeitgeist.
Blind belief is an extreme and I think agnosticism about everything is the other extreme.

I never had this issue on trains in Europe. Here, I can almost always tell in an instant which people on the train are tourists or visitors or insane because they have the “wrong” body language. A friend had her parents visit her in NYC for the first time and her mom said, “Everybody on the train looks so sad.” Friend said, correctly, “They’re just being polite.” I have read stuff about the anthropology of scanning your environment, the horizon, for danger, but this might have become a thing back in the days when the subways in NY were pretty dangerous and making eye contact in close quarters with strangers wasn’t a good idea.
I was in NY before, had no problem with the subways and trains there, I did my usual behaviour there, but I might've had the wrong body language sure. Hmm interesting about the scanning the horizon, I think I do it differently (not really paying attention to the horizon, not going that far)

I don’t mean Fe is mental or related to the mind, only that there is a single, individual mind mediating the Fe. If there is a thing we can call Fe, it is arising through someone’s physical organism. It is necessarily within that organism that the information is evaluated or mediated in some manner even though Fe by definition and per my experience is not at all introspective.

As for whether EIEs are shallow, I find it varies. I think EIE like many extroverts is more about breadth. Fe by its nature is not focused on depth. I also think Ni is not exactly deep, it is “out there.”
Yeah. How do you mean Ni is "out there"?

ETA: as for how the “attention receptors” are found I have no idea. Black magic?