View Poll Results: type of Jordan Peterson?

Voters
127. You may not vote on this poll
  • ILE (ENTp)

4 3.15%
  • SEI (ISFp)

0 0%
  • ESE (ESFj)

2 1.57%
  • LII (INTj)

22 17.32%
  • SLE (ESTp)

0 0%
  • IEI (INFp)

9 7.09%
  • EIE (ENFj)

45 35.43%
  • LSI (ISTj)

8 6.30%
  • SEE (ESFp)

1 0.79%
  • ILI (INTp)

10 7.87%
  • LIE (ENTj)

21 16.54%
  • ESI (ISFj)

5 3.94%
  • IEE (ENFp)

1 0.79%
  • SLI (ISTp)

1 0.79%
  • LSE (ESTj)

4 3.15%
  • EII (INFj)

3 2.36%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Jordan Peterson

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    Unfortunately I'm not young and have had way too much experience. I understand his ideas but I see nothing that's a big deal about it like that. Why not say it if you want to say it, anyway, why wait for him to say it.
    I think I remember seeing you say young as in under 28. not minimizing the life path her, just framing this as in: how much have you personally experienced? Loss of love? Separation? Disillusionment? Regret yet? Disenfranchisement? Loss? Failure? Ruination and destruction? Apathy? The list of things a person needs to know, on and on before you can understand a message is required. Even the logical reasonings trying to find the root causes with religion and psychology..those are not just a simple rationalization process. Intellect can't just wrap up neatly everything and then toss it aside once it has some comprehension factors.

It's just interesting to me that you say I can't see the big deal about the ideas themselves, as though the big deal is found in the vacuum of the ideas exsisting as they are. It's not about that, about the ideas for the ideas sake, which is why you probs are missing the entire point of the movement, why there even is a movement, and where the broad appeal is coming from.

You probs would make this a socionics matter, saying he's probs just your kindred so his bouncy conclusions are just colour ful Ne blocked with Ti, so you brush them off as being to much disjointed for the sake of an argument.

These are the factors that make me state you might not be *understanding* him, beyond some surface concpetualization.

As far as waiting for him to say it..not everyone has the rigour and capacity to do so. That's like saying if you can youtube a video about how to fix your car's carburator why not just do it yourself, its like erm, okay, ya I probs could, in a perfect world, but why bother if I can just bring it to a mechanic?

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by timber View Post
    I think I remember seeing you say young as in under 28. not minimizing the life path her, just framing this as in: how much have you personally experienced? Loss of love? Separation? Disillusionment? Regret yet? Disenfranchisement? Loss? Failure? Ruination and destruction? Apathy? The list of things a person needs to know, on and on before you can understand a message is required. Even the logical reasonings trying to find the root causes with religion and psychology..those are not just a simple rationalization process. Intellect can't just wrap up neatly everything and then toss it aside once it has some comprehension factors.

It's just interesting to me that you say I can't see the big deal about the ideas themselves, as though the big deal is found in the vacuum of the ideas exsisting as they are. It's not about that, about the ideas for the ideas sake, which is why you probs are missing the entire point of the movement, why there even is a movement, and where the broad appeal is coming from.

You probs would make this a socionics matter, saying he's probs just your kindred so his bouncy conclusions are just colour ful Ne blocked with Ti, so you brush them off as being to much disjointed for the sake of an argument.

These are the factors that make me state you might not be *understanding* him, beyond some surface concpetualization.

As far as waiting for him to say it..not everyone has the rigour and capacity to do so. That's like saying if you can youtube a video about how to fix your car's carburator why not just do it yourself, its like erm, okay, ya I probs could, in a perfect world, but why bother if I can just bring it to a mechanic?
    Look my life is not a typical life path. It's pointless to make assumptions about it based purely on age, that's too little info.

What do you mean by disenfranchisement here?

No, I had no such Socionics argument in mind about him lol. Nice of you trying to predict my answer but it's not as simple as that

Where I said why not say it yourself, I meant it in the sense that the original comment was about how the person didn't *want to* say it. Why not. What kind of capacity is missing for that?

Really I just don't get the hype is all I'm saying. I'm happy to hear from others about why there is such a hype about this stuff tho'

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Look my life is not a typical life path. It's pointless to make assumptions about it based purely on age, that's too little info.
    True, it can be to little, yet unless you have exp all those things I;ve mentioned and perhaps several others I can;t think up off the top of my head, then yes, you expo might be to limited, or your exposure in real life to people who have gone through these things and have shared such insights with you, might be to limited. It's just a little strange that you have felt no affect by listening to Petterson..? Is he so much intuitive in the wrong way for you to feel anything?

What do you mean by disenfranchisement here?
    From family, job, society. ect.

No, I had no such Socionics argument in mind about him lol. Nice of you trying to predict my answer but it's not as simple as that
    Was I to far off though myst? Be a little honest.

Where I said why not say it yourself, I meant it in the sense that the original comment was about how the person didn't *want to* say it. Why not. What kind of capacity is missing for that?
    Okay. Well obv its socionics. hah.

Really I just don't get the hype is all I'm saying. I'm happy to hear from others about why there is such a hype about this stuff tho'
    I don;t get it fully either, but getting it and noticing it don;t need to go hand in hand.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

True, it can be to little, yet unless you have exp all those things I;ve mentioned and perhaps several others I can;t think up off the top of my head, then yes, you expo might be to limited, or your exposure in real life to people who have gone through these things and have shared such insights with you, might be to limited. It's just a little strange that you have felt no affect by listening to Petterson..? Is he so much intuitive in the wrong way for you to feel anything?
    I get what Peterson means in the videos I watched, I just either find it trivial or I have a different take in some of the things.

Btw the negative feelings you listed, I have a simple opinion on all of it: don't let them overcome you. You overcome them. That simple.

From family, job, society. ect.
    You mean isolation from society etc?

Was I to far off though myst? Be a little honest.
    Very far off yes, I don't like to try and explain everything with Socionics when it'd be too ambiguous an explanation for it.

Okay. Well obv its socionics. hah.
    Let's not make everything Socionics

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get what Peterson means in the videos I watched, I just either find it trivial or I have a different take in some of the things.

Btw the negative feelings you listed, I have a simple opinion on all of it: don't let them overcome you. You overcome them. That simple.

You mean isolation from society etc?

Very far off yes, I don't like to try and explain everything with Socionics when it'd be too ambiguous an explanation for it.

Let's not make everything Socionics

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Sorry lol, for not making everything Socionics

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry lol, for not making everything Socionics
    I don't really care about that and it wasn't the main drift of the original line of thought.

PS you should be sorry, everything under the sun earth and moon is about socionics.