TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default SLI or ILI?

Let's get to the point

I am pretty sure I am either SLI or ILI, since I easily identify with Te-Fi axes and having Fe as POLR

So the problem is mainly about Si vs Ni

when it comes to Ni I identify with:
    1. have well-developed imaginative abilities and mental wanderings
    attuned to hidden connections between things
    easily recognize patterns of events
    but I don't identify with "the
    ability to see through time", true I can tell if for example a project is going to succeed or fail
    but it is not like I can tell if A happened then B will happen or something similar.

and when it comes to Si I identify with:
    sensitive to sensations of internal discomfort and dissonance
    2. sensing if
    something is aesthetically out of place
    take the time to experience pleasurable and soothing sensations
    but I don't identify with being interested in maintaining healthy lifestyle or taking care of your body
    true anyone care about their health but still I prefer to enjoy tasty food plus being lazy makes me fat and I don't think that's a healthy lifestyle

Also I read that SLIs are
    skeptical but in reinin dichotomies they are "Positivists" how can that be?

That's all, so what are your thoughts?

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

maybe you could fill out this questionnaire? your answers might help in figuring out your type. welcome to the forum btw!

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...do=form&fid=10

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glam View Post
    maybe you could fill out this questionnaire? your answers might help in figuring out your type. welcome to the forum btw!

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...do=form&fid=10
    filled http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...onnaire-(Simo)

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my approach (and everyone knows it's done me much good, but actually it doesn't matter because it wouldn't change the results were this not my approach) is to focus on the information elements... not things like reinin.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by inumbra View Post
    my approach (and everyone knows it's done me much good, but actually it doesn't matter because it wouldn't change the results were this not my approach) is to focus on the information elements... not things like reinin.
    why do you think it is better to focus on information elements not reinin?

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Just from this I want to say ILI > SLI but yeah like @glam said...

Welcome.

P.S. ILI can be skeptical too.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    Just from this I want to say ILI > SLI but yeah like @glam said...

Welcome.

P.S. ILI can be skeptical too.
    what made you think so?

P.S. yes, but they are negativists so it makes sense

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Simo View Post
    what made you think so?

I compared what you wrote about Ni and Si and the vibe was more Ni base since I could also relate to some of the Si and so did others who I confidently type ILI...iow, just a vibe. Si is the role function in ILI and IEI. You didn't seem to put much emphasis on it, in my perception.

3. Introverted Sensing

ILIs generally place moderate to minimal importance on such matters as cleanliness, comfort, and sensory stimuli. Some ILIs may consider them distractions. It is not atypical of ILIs to be completely uninterested by and unable to find any value in something like a fine piece of artwork. Different ILIs respond to different artistic stimuli in different ways; for example, an ILI might think painting is worthless but possess sufficient background to enjoy other media, such as sculpture or music.
    ILIs are often uncertain about the messages they receive from their bodies. An ILI might feel some irregularity in their own body and not realize its significance to the overall functioning of the body. An ILI will often try to determine the consequence of such symptoms through their own understanding of anatomy (or 'google it'), often blowing things out of proportion. An ILI's sense of self doubt may lead to such assumptions as the presence of a brain tumor as the result of a mere headache. In contrast to valuing types, ILIs are significantly less adept at making adjustments to their lifestyle to correct these minor ailments.
    Even so, ILIs are capable of placing a moderate focus on maintaining their physical comfort. ILIs often construct a lifestyle based on various activities that feed their own intellectual stimulation. Though attention to comfort is never a priority, it is not completely ignored, as some attention to it goes hand in hand with their inactive lifestyle. Still, ILIs often neglect the world around them and become consistently mired in their own inertia, and are unlikely to notice that anything is missing.
    ILIs are often hesitant or resistant towards lifestyle changes that threaten the commodiously constructed surroundings that they create for themselves. No one is better suited to opening the ILI for change than the hyperactive SEE, whose flurry of constant activity is seen by the ILI as refreshingly active.
    Edit: The reason I put "did" in italics is that the two ILI, I am confident about, are dead so I can't ask them but I know from years of observation.

Edit2: "the ability to see through time" is a very arbitrary concept so I wouldn't use it as a deciding factor.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    I compared what you wrote about Ni and Si and the vibe was more Ni base since I could also relate to some of the Si and so did others who I confidently type ILI...iow, just a vibe. Si is the role function in ILI and IEI. You didn't seem to put much emphasis on it, in my perception.

Edit: The reason I put "did" in italics is that the two ILI, I am confident about, are dead so I can't ask them but I know from years of observation.
    Ok fair enough but I have filled the questionnaire so I would like to see what you think about it

btw, since you have years of observation, how old are you?

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Ok fair enough but I have filled the questionnaire so I would like to see what you think about it

btw, since you have years of observation, how old are you?
    Well, that is direct. lol

One of the ILI was my stepdad and I knew him since I was 13. The other was a an ex who died young. You will have to buy me dinner or at the very least have a real conversation with me to get further information.

YWIMW

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

That's very informative, I really appreciate it.
    But it is different from the wiki where it says:

The description in the wiki seems to me as they're like optimistic vs pessimistic
    so what do you think?
    That's the whole reason I made my post to clarify. I think the wiki descriptions are a bit misleading. I already indicated what I think.

what made you think so?

That's incorrect. ILI is negativist, SLI is positivist.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Narc View Post
    That's the whole reason I made my post to clarify. I think the wiki descriptions are a bit misleading. I already indicated what I think.
    I liked how you defined them, and if you don't mind I would like you to explain Judicious vs Decisive and static vs dynamic.
    but what I meant was on what did you base your descriptions, is there better resources or is it your own understanding?

That's incorrect. ILI is negativist, SLI is positivist.
    when I said "they" I meant "ILIs" not "ILI and SLI"

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

As far as positivism and negativism go, they're not really optimistic vs pessimistic or naive vs cynical or anything. Positivists are oriented more around conversational breadth and negativists to conversational depth. In that way, positivists direct a topic of conversation but have less to do with developing any thesis or argument, which is more the domain of negativists. In this way, positivists create conversational anchor points for the negativist to attach to and develop further.

An example would be the positivist making an absolutist statement, "private school kids are pompous irritating asswipes", the negativist responding with "they're not all bad, what about Jimmy, Phil and Sandra?". The statement of the positivist may have taken account of that information but found the overwhelming majority of private school kids to be pompous, irritating and also asswipes. The negativist sees that statement from their perspective as lacking depth and 'fill in the gaps' left by the initial statement because of its method of delivery.

I remember Radio remarking that when a positivist isn't talking (for bad mood or whatever reason), the negativist will provoke conversation in the way of a question like "What's wrong with you? You're awfully quiet." rather than just generating a new conversational topic, which the positivist would do in that situation with another positivist that's gone quiet. Seems like it's easier for two positivists to create conversation, but it'll essentially be two people generating conversational topics over and over at each other and not really ever reaching the point of a proper dialogue, more like two parallel monologues (I have a LSI friend I do this with), especially if both types are also declarers, whereas two negativists would be less talkative amongst each other.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Narc View Post
    As far as positivism and negativism go, they're not really optimistic vs pessimistic or naive vs cynical or anything. Positivists are oriented more around conversational breadth and negativists to conversational depth. In that way, positivists direct a topic of conversation but have less to do with developing any thesis or argument, which is more the domain of negativists. In this way, positivists create conversational anchor points for the negativist to attach to and develop further.

An example would be the positivist making an absolutist statement, "private school kids are pompous irritating asswipes", the negativist responding with "they're not all bad, what about Jimmy, Phil and Sandra?". The statement of the positivist may have taken account of that information but found the overwhelming majority of private school kids to be pompous, irritating and also asswipes. The negativist sees that statement from their perspective as lacking depth and 'fill in the gaps' left by the initial statement because of its method of delivery.

I remember Radio remarking that when a positivist isn't talking (for bad mood or whatever reason), the negativist will provoke conversation in the way of a question like "What's wrong with you? You're awfully quiet." rather than just generating a new conversational topic, which the positivist would do in that situation with another positivist that's gone quiet. Seems like it's easier for two positivists to create conversation, but it'll essentially be two people generating conversational topics over and over at each other and not really ever reaching the point of a proper dialogue, more like two parallel monologues (I have a LSI friend I do this with), especially if both types are also declarers, whereas two negativists would be less talkative amongst each other.

Positivists

1. More inclined to optimize already functional systems of things and processes.
    2. "This glass is half-full", "We have already collected $438,000 for that project"
    3. Usually more complimenting than reprimanding.
    4. Socially and intellectually more trusting.
    5. Explains what things are (irrationals) or should be (rationals).

Negativists

1. More inclined to solve problems in systems of things and processes.
    2. "This glass is half-empty", "We need $62,000 for that project"
    3. Usually more reprimanding than complimenting.
    4. Socially and intellectually more mistrusting.
    5. Explains what things are not (irrationals) or should not be (rationals).
    The description in the wiki seems to me as they're like optimistic vs pessimistic
    so what do you think?

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I clicked constructive for Narc's post, but I wasn't sure if it actually defined positivists vs negativists...according to his description I would be more positivist than negativist (which I'm not).
    I've also leaned towards the wiki description in my understanding of both. But truth be told I still get stuck on how to differentiate the two especially among gamma and delta quadras.

so what do you think?

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blackburry View Post
    I clicked constructive for Narc's post, but I wasn't sure if it actually defined positivists vs negativists...according to his description I would be more positivist than negativist (which I'm not).
    I've also leaned towards the wiki description in my understanding of both. But truth be told I still get stuck on how to differentiate the two especially among gamma and delta quadras.
    I am negativist according to both description < I guess I am a negativist to the core

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

There is further discourse on the topic if you read down the entire page you've quoted this from

http://wikisocion.org/en/index.php?t...tary_and_Notes

So far ILI-Te > SLI, you sound rather similar to InvisibleJim in your quips and jokes.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The bitchiness confirms ILI. You are welcome.
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    The bitchiness confirms ILI. You are welcome.
    So SLIs aren't bitchy?

then another reinin question as your punishment for saying I am bitchy:
    ILIs are Decisive but I Consider the working conditions more than the possible results and rewards, so wouldn't that makes me Judicious?

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

So SLIs aren't bitchy?

then another reinin question as your punishment for saying I am bitchy:
    ILIs are Decisive but I Consider the working conditions more than the possible results and rewards, so wouldn't that makes me Judicious?
    SLIs are grumpy bitchy. Your bitchiness seems more of the ILI arrogant bitchiness variety. But of course I have very limited information, so I will keep reading and re-assess later.

Only SLEs may punish me, sorry.
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLIs are grumpy bitchy. Your bitchiness seems more of the ILI arrogant bitchiness variety. But of course I have very limited information, so I will keep reading and re-assess later.

I didn't know there were variety of bitchiness

no need to apologize I will bring an army of SLEs to punish you if that's what it takes

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I didn't know there were variety of bitchiness

no need to apologize I will bring an army of SLEs to punish you if that's what it takes
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Aww, you not up for a little gamma roleplay?

I am familiar with arrogance in both SLI and ILI. It comes out in their sense of humor too. SLI can be more goofy, I think, and in the ILI more ironic.

YWIMW

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

But in all seriousness, you vibe ILI. I will explain later.
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

― Anais Nin

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is not a cinema, if you have time then I am waiting your explaination

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

This is not a cinema, if you have time then I am waiting your explaination
    Make me.
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Make me.
    If you have useful information you would have said it already but I guess you mainly depend on your gut feeling or vibe like Aylen does

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

If you have useful information you would have said it already but I guess you mainly depend on your gut feeling or vibe like Aylen does
    I was actually just too busy to do a write-up, but now I think I don't want to bother anymore. I am sure you will figure it out.
    ― Anais Nin

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@Simo you might want to play around with the Sociotypograph, to see which Reinin dichotomies you identify with, which ones fit ILI vs SLI: http://zhilkin.com/socio/en/

and here is some further info on Positivism vs Negativism, copied and pasted from this article: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...in-Dichotomies

POSITIVISM | NEGATIVISM

Translator's notes: This dichotomy is very often confused with optimism/pessimism. It is important to note that Positivism/Negativism are not the same thing as optimism/pessimism.This dichotomy describes the structural features of cognitive perception and not one's worldview, outlook on life, or emotional state. Positivism also gets confused with enneagram positive outlook triad (2-7-9), Negativism—with type 6, which is given to thinking of worst case scenarios ("catastrophizing"). Positivism/Negativism has been further described in Forms of Thinking.

Positivists (ILE, ESE, LSI, IEI, LIE, SEE, EII, SLI):
    Positivists initially pay attention to what is present in a situation (what exists, what is there) what can realistically occur, what can be interpreted as an affirmative manifestation of surrounding world, situations, possibilities, prospects.
    Positivists are oriented at what any situation or contact with people can potentially bring to them rather than what they could potentially lose (for example, moving is viewed as an opportunity to gain new acquaintances, friends, rather than primarily from point of view of losing existing friends). For them an orientation to success is more characteristic rather than avoidance of failure.
    Positives are better at assimilating affirmative experiences. They are inclined to "convert" negative experiences into positive ones (they try to find the "silver lining").
    They speak more of the positive and try to present negative moments on a positive background ("Yes, this is a problem, but..."—then continue to paint a positive picture). Conversations about the negative (when the other person accentuates deficiencies, absence, impossibility) may be irritating to Positivists.
    In speech of Positivists, one can detect mostly affirmative constructions and intonations. If they are giving instructions to someone else, they present them in positive manner: they talk about what can be done or what should be done in different situations (for example, "You can call him only at this-and-this time") rather than what cannot or should not be done.

Negativists (SEI, LII, SLE, EIE, ILI, ESI, IEE, LSE):
    Negativists pay attention to aspects of the situation that are insufficient or lacking, which can be interpreted as seeing the negative prospects of various situations and events.
    Negativists orient at what they could potentially lose as a result of a certain situation or contact with other people, rather than what this situation or contact can bring to them (for example, moving for negativists primarily means losing friends). Negativists focus on avoiding failures (the "positive" development of a situation is the fact that nothing negative has happened so far).
    Negativists are better at assimilating negating, negative experiences. They are inclined to outline negative sides of affairs.
    Negativists are more inclined to speak about negative moments. Positive aspects are presented on a negative background ("Well, this is good, but..."—then mentions what is lacking, what is not right). Negativists are irritated by "excessively positive" attitudes (when another person "forgets" to bring up or haven't even considered the negative aspects of something).
    In speech of negativists there is frequent use of negating expressions (negative pronouns, adverbs, "not" "cannot" "nobody" "never"). For example: "Negative experiences are not always necessary, I don't need them" "There won't be an occasion to do anything" "I cannot say that this is not true" etc. If giving instructions they first of all talk about the things to avoid, what should not be done (For example "If you call them at such a time it will be pointless").

Notes:
    Previous research on this dichotomy was reduced to measuring positive/negative in the "everyday" sense of the word. In our opinion, these attitudes are a consequence of a deeper mechanism: one group perceives and describes something by denoting associated properties (Positivists) while the other group denotes properties that are not associated with it. Positivists describe a subject, individual, phenomenon, attempting to describe it through characteristics inherent in the object, while Negativists focus on properties that do not pertain to the object. The cursory impression of optimism/pessimism being the distinguishing feature of this dichotomy occurs because of this. In reality, both Positivists and Negativists possess these two attitudes and talk equally of "good" and "bad" things. The difference is in the form of presentation—for example, on the same topic of shortcomings: "I cannot say that you have no shortcomings" (negativism) and "You have several shortcomings" (positivism).

Hypotheses:
    The difference in assimilating experiences between Positivists and Negativists arises because Positivists better remember events when they did transpire, rather than events that did not occur, while Negativists are better at remembering events that did not occur, that were absent or lacking (for the Negativist, this absence constitutes an event in itself, they remember this better and draw conclusions).

Examples:
    Positivists: "At first I trust people, distrust needs to be substantiated" "I always believe in a positive outcome. I will most likely talk about positives. I don't issue warnings of possible failures—why bring people down, may be everything will be ok" "It irritates me when people talk only of character flaws and inadequacies in others" "I try not to give instructions on avoidance or failure" "When giving instructions I avoid giving orders like "Don't do it! Don't go!" "Even negative experience can be positive" "I start off by trusting people and then work from there."

Negativists: "My first reaction to everything is "no!" whatever it might be" "I don't speak of the positives" "One must take into account all the negative aspects. It goes without saying that people are capable of anything" "If the mood is too good - something is not right" "In my instructions I always give people "negative" orientation points. I foresee all the negative moments and try to make provisions for them" "People in general are good, but it's better to keep your distance from them" "When I was authoring a textbook, I constructed my proofs "by method of contradiction"" "Most often I bring bad news" "When asked "How's it going?" I answer "Not well." "How am I going to entertain myself? Certainly I wouldn't go to a restaurant, neither a casino ... but somewhere out to nature..." "There will be a building there, but that's not what you're looking for. After that you will see a street, but don't take it, continue on your path. Go around the building and don't use the first two entrances."

Sli's seem passive and inert like ILI's but they actually have very strong willpower, they usually stubbornly persist to get what they want, and cannot be forced to do something they don't want. ILIs are naturally more patient and accomodating, from my experience they tend to need larger physical distances from people to compensate. SLIs also tend to get bored more easily, ILI's find a lot of joy exploring their imaginations. And SLIs can be very cautious abut how they use their time, and over plan for the future. ILI's only loosely plan for the future, they take it for granted that things can change and flow with changes much better. Time for an ILI works for them, an SLI experiences time like a dog on a leash.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ConcreteButterfly View Post
    Sli's seem passive and inert like ILI's but they actually have very strong willpower, they usually stubbornly persist to get what they want, and cannot be forced to do something they don't want. ILIs are naturally more patient and accomodating, from my experience they tend to need larger physical distances from people to compensate. SLIs also tend to get bored more easily, ILI's find a lot of joy exploring their imaginations. And SLIs can be very cautious abut how they use their time, and over plan for the future. ILI's only loosely plan for the future, they take it for granted that things can change and flow with changes much better. Time for an ILI works for them, an SLI experiences time like a dog on a leash.
    I had the impression ILIs are the ones who over plan for the future, which I personally don't do
    Actually what made me question if I am SLI instead of ILI, is one of my teammates at work (who I typed as SLI) is very detailed when planning projects
    He would try to anticipate everything and plan how to deal with it, which related better to my understanding that ILIs are negativists and great planners
    whereas I ,who take it for granted that things can change and flow with changes much better as you said, would relate more to SLIs who are positivists and not future oriented

So I guess this really clarify things, I really appreciate it

Also SLIs have a constant subconscious awareness of the nearby surroundings (Se), because that's where they get the internal sensations of Si. SLI's have a stronger need for specific surroundings to stabalize their sense of self, and can be aggressive about securing them. ILI's can be strangely oblivious to their surroundings, are nowhere near as aggressive about securing them, although they appreciate good aesthetics all the same.

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    299 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Also SLIs have a constant subconscious awareness of the nearby surroundings (Se), because that's where they get the internal sensations of Si. SLI's have a stronger need for specific surroundings to stabalize their sense of self, and can be aggressive about securing them. ILI's can be strangely oblivious to their surroundings, are nowhere near as aggressive about securing them, although they appreciate good aesthetics all the same.
    This is actually quite accurate. I myself don't need much in regards to my physical surroundings, just having a secure shelter, soft bed, and warmth for the night is enough (and in a pinch, the soft bed can slide). Though a stunning view and other luxuries allowed to the wealthy are always nice they are not required. So long as my accommodations are not akin to a "prison cell" things are going just fine.

The thing about time is also accurate. I know I will succeed, the plan is unfolding at an acceptable pace most of the time. Wish it'd unfold faster but you can't really force these issues through without unacceptably large expenditures of resources better left conserved for a true emergency. I plan only loosely because events I have no control over could drastically change my forecasts. Y'know, like if WWIII kicks off that's going to affect a large swath of things and require a complete re-working of any "complex" plan (having to get to an area unlikely to be nuked ASAP being the first major wrench in your plans in that case for instance). By keeping it loose I am keeping it adaptable. Rigid planning is pie in the sky thinking, everyone knows the plan never survives first contact with the enemy and that improvisation will thus be required .

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by End View Post
    This is actually quite accurate. I myself don't need much in regards to my physical surroundings, just having a secure shelter, soft bed, and warmth for the night is enough (and in a pinch, the soft bed can slide). Though a stunning view and other luxuries allowed to the wealthy are always nice they are not required. So long as my accommodations are not akin to a "prison cell" things are going just fine.

The thing about time is also accurate. I know I will succeed, the plan is unfolding at an acceptable pace most of the time. Wish it'd unfold faster but you can't really force these issues through without unacceptably large expenditures of resources better left conserved for a true emergency. I plan only loosely because events I have no control over could drastically change my forecasts. Y'know, like if WWIII kicks off that's going to affect a large swath of things and require a complete re-working of any "complex" plan (having to get to an area unlikely to be nuked ASAP being the first major wrench in your plans in that case for instance). By keeping it loose I am keeping it adaptable. Rigid planning is pie in the sky thinking, everyone knows the plan never survives first contact with the enemy and that improvisation will thus be required .
    Do you guys mind if I copy these posts into the general telling apart ILIs and SLIs thread (link)? This sounds like an accurate depiction of type differences.

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    299 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silke View Post
    Do you guys mind if I copy these posts into the general telling apart ILIs and SLIs thread (link)? This sounds like an accurate depiction of type differences.
    Go ahead .

Quote Originally Posted by silke View Post
    yeah it's fine

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

when it comes to Ni I identify with:
    1. have well-developed imaginative abilities and mental wanderings
    attuned to hidden connections between things
    easily recognize patterns of events
    but I don't identify with "the
    ability to see through time", true I can tell if for example a project is going to succeed or fail
    but it is not like I can tell if A happened then B will happen or something similar.
    You can tell a project is going to succeed or fail so why do you not relate to thinking in terms of A->B?

And yeah, ILI, this and your other thread too.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    You can tell a project is going to succeed or fail so why do you not relate to thinking in terms of A->B?

And yeah, ILI, this and your other thread too.
    I guess I didn't explain it clearly
    what I meant by A->B was over planning by creating a master plan that foresee the possibilities of the future and provide action plan to deal with each possibility until you reach your goal
    In my case I don't think I really plan rather I would just let things happen but if I felt something is going the wrong direction, I would interfere to correct it

So you can say if the first way was designing the future
    my way would be more of manipulating the route to reach the desired future while remaining in the background if that make more sense

So any thoughts on this?

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

I guess I didn't explain it clearly
    what I meant by A->B was over planning by creating a master plan that foresee the possibilities of the future and provide action plan to deal with each possibility until you reach your goal
    In my case I don't think I really plan rather I would just let things happen but if I felt something is going the wrong direction, I would interfere to correct it

So you can say if the first way was designing the future
    my way would be more of manipulating the route to reach the desired future while remaining in the background if that make more sense

So any thoughts on this?
    That A->B thing sounds like more focus on Ne instead of Ni or at least Ne seems more high dimensional than Ni* where neither Ne nor Ni are necessarily that great if it is really also overplanning.

Your way, if I take into account what you said about seeing projects working out or not is a strong focus on Ni with Ip temperament so ILI works for this.

*: see article on this site on dimensionality of functions if you haven't yet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast