Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What's their type and what does it say about me that I like them profoundly?

TIM
    ESI 684
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mu4 View Post
    I don't think he's as horrible as folks make him out to be, he's callous, cheater, narcissistic, etc, but nothing else seem to be there beyond that.

She feels pain but this is what gets her off, she enjoys the self-flagellation, this is why one of her happiest memories is some fake fantasy makeup session that happened when he pseudo proposed marriage and she pseudo accepted. It's just a fantasy they're both indulging in.

I don't think there's a hero or villian in the story, it's just two people who just are still growing up.
    To quote you(doubly so):

"He's callous, narcissistic, etc, but nothing else seem to be there beyond that"

In my world...does there need to be anything more? OMG, that's the type of a person that'd BETRAY YOU at the first opportunity because he sees no more USE out of you! I really can't condone his behaviour. And to everyone smartass: "How would you feel if your partner acted towards you like he did towards her?". I'm sure that she played her part in the breakup, but really? To betray? ...

TIM
    ESI 684
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    Blackburry, I think as an ESI you wouldn't do this. I know my ESI Mom would never have! However the girl in this does NOT seem uncomfortable at all - she seems TOTALLY comfortable being watched in this conversation about feelings.

I just watched it - it ran slow on my outdated computer, as if they were talking underwater, so, it took a long time to listen. But I am getting a clear SEE vibe. I wonder why not one person here thought of SEE? So many IEE guesses and clearly she is not IEE. I could see my husband's SEE daughter acting having just these seems expressions (lots of them) in such a conversation, and her also being very confident and self-possessed, and no pre-thinking necessary before expressing feelings, like me. She is open, and clear about her feeling-reactions and has not a bit of reticence about saying and displaying her feelings - just like this person.

There is nothing of the "torn off from reality" look in her eyes as an IEE is described. She looks completely and comfortably and fully in the moment. She is very expressive in the moment, and in that way makes me think of Marilyn Monroe - part of her acting genius was to display a whole range of expressions on her face in just a simple one-on-one conversation. I see the same in this girl.

IEE and SEE are look-alike and sometimes I do wonder why... to me its a clear difference.

Some points from articles, that cover some things I notice, but not all:

SEE: She holds herself confidently and speaks somewhat ironically. She loves to joke, laughs in a friendly manner while speaking, which producers the impression that she feels herself familiar everywhere. Her tone of voice is frequently low, with a bit of a coarseness.... they know how to and love to be in the center of attention. They are true ringleaders, reckless and lively, always ready to come up with all kind of possible activities and entertainment. Not a single birthday or school holiday passes without them. Personal life often occupies them much more than studies... Ambition and drive for prestige direct them and make some of them become the best.

IEE: Her face is elongated, with large eyes and plump lips. Outwardly HUXLEY woman appears to be calm and benevolent, polite and affable. In contact, she is merry, light and unconstrained. In her soul, she is sympathetic, always ready to support and to comfort a person who has fallen by spirit, or at least smile at whoever needs it. Being sensitive and thoughtful, she responds to problems of others. She tries to be useful to others, moreover not only those who are close to her, but often her help extends to completely random people.

Does this girl seem confident, ironic, joking, comfortable in the center of attention,?

Or calm, benevolent, sympathetic, responds to the problems of others?

I see the former. She has confidence, and her emotions show she knows her own experience and reaction well and is comfortable with it, and does not shy away in the least from the camera on her - and the camera means the world. But I do not see sympathy for him in any spot. Not saying he deserves it! And I am not saying she lacks sympathy. But its an major IEE trait missing in this interview, that's all. But if it was me, confronting an ex in front of a camera or a group - which I woudl NOT do, if I felt he did not deserve sympathy, I woudl be saying why, and I would be pretty sure about it. But most likely, I woudl find SOMETHING he deserved sympathy for.

She seems very grounded, talking about their experiences together. It was a strain to here the words on my slow computer, but, it seemed to me her recollections of their time were very grounded descriptions, clearly more Sensory than Intuitive. Not theoretical at all. So not seeing N. I see S. Particularly SEE-type S...

Also, I agree with Starfall after listening to the interview. I am not so sure now that he is narcisisst. He is likely either I or T - something making him less comfortable in this interview than she is. Being less comfortable in the interview expressing himself does not make him a bad person.
    I just want to remind you that ESE do have Se as their 4D Demonstrative function. And I didn't catch a glimpse of INTENTIONAL Se behaviour out of her. She was more focused on Fe. The thing is all of you are focusing on what they said WAY TOO MUCH. Learn the body language omg! Do notice how she radiates Fe. When she feels something...out it goes and the whole bearing gets changed. Do you really think that's how Fi people react? In my opinion...no.

This is just ESE < - > SLE benefit relation.

TIM
    ESI 684
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think both extroverts. I did the main analysis just watching their cringe worthy micros, evasiveness and pity mixed in with glee and euphoria.

LIE and IEE

Guy is low empathy, narcissistic traits, and says a lot of things to manipulated/sound nice. He doesn't really mean it.

The whole I could marry you right now in insincere and strange her response of saying yes if he proposed is also insincere.

Girl is co-dependent spectrum. It starts off, "Why did you cheat on me so many times?" Important part is "so many times". He's like, "I didn't really cheat on you too.."

This goes off into her best memory which is them having a rough time and her with a friend and then him coming over with the aforementioned insincere comment.

He doesn't even remember this......

I will dissect this more but this is more funny from how bad it is than how cute it is. Both are insincere extroverts who use each other to validate themselves and the crap they do, and this whole exercise is sort of them just being extroverts.

All in all kind of harmless but the whole exchange is more a dog and pony show for the both of them to get their rocks off. They both sort of cackle gleefully if you look at their micros in between kind of stoic dead eyed emptiness for the guy and pity seeking for the girl.
    Oh and I just wanted to note another thing. It begins with why did you cheat on me is a rng see. Do notice that there is a bunch of papers on the table...she could've easily pulled out the blank or the one that she didn't even ask. It's not because she wanted to begin with it...maybe the director wanted it to begin with it or it was (un)luck of the draw. I think a lot of you are overlooking things and one can't operate like that. Would it be ok if someone judged you like that, hm? A detective perhaps?

It's called willy-nilly and it's not alright.

Mentioned
    760 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nondescript View Post
    Oh and I just wanted to note another thing. It begins with why did you cheat on me is a rng see. Do notice that there is a bunch of papers on the table...she could've easily pulled out the blank or the one that she didn't even ask. It's not because she wanted to begin with it...maybe the director wanted it to begin with it or it was (un)luck of the draw. I think a lot of you are overlooking things and one can't operate like that. Would it be ok if someone judged you like that, hm? A detective perhaps?

It's called willy-nilly and it's not alright.
    It doesn't mean anything in relation to the facts here. The important feature is not the question is first but the "So many times".

You're talking about a relationship where she got cheated on "many times". This is the important information, it tells you a lot about her personality.

She's a clear co-dependent individual who went back to this well many times after being betrayed and betrayed and betrayed.

Don't bring some irrelevant info in which does not deal with this fact which is staring you in the face. Someone lets a chronic cheater cheat on them over and over and over again has reasons they do it.

Mentioned
    760 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    I agree the guy is a narcissist. But she is not IEE. Not seeing it. Where is the reserve? An IEE does not need to ask, "Why did you cheat on me?" The psychologist knows right away: its who he is. When he cheats, she sees it all, including how foolish she was to ever imagine/hope he was something else.

I do not ever see an IEE exposing herself for public examination of her feelings, particularly when they are raw. Never. However, she will openly talk about them AFTER she has processed them by all by herself, and cried by herself, and then later she will be be glad to tell you all about her conclusions - what she realized and learned from the experience. ONLY after she experiences her feelings in private, and figures them all out. That's how IEE operates.

Not sure on his type. I could go with SEI or ESE for her. Also leaning ESE. Because I think SEI is too reticent to do this public interview about her feelings. Benefit is possible. Benefactors leave as a cheat. They can never really appreciate Benefactee, although they find her interesting at first.
    IEE are pretty much huge attention seekers. Beyond psychologists they're journalists, exhibitionists and etc.

IEE are a look alike relation with SEE, so this should be extremely obvious. I think your grasp of socionics is fairly tenuous so please do not attempt to dictate how and what types can be like. The things you've said out of your personal biases contradict all the existing literature about IEEs. Because really each type can engage in exposing themselves in certain situations either due to a neurotic reaction or ego reaction.

IEE's do tend to have a good grasp of motives but she's dealing with a enigma here, which is part of the attraction, this guy doesn't have the kind of motive that she would normally be able to read. His unread-ability is part of his allure, and part of her self-flagellation in going back over and over again to be betrayed over and over again.

Mentioned
    760 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

@Reficulris How close was this to your relationship....

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEE are pretty much huge attention seekers. Beyond psychologists they're journalists, exhibitionists and etc.
    NO. IEEs are NOT attention seekers! We care what others think of us but we do NOT seek attention. NO. Where in Socionics literature did you EVER read that? I have read a LOT on IEEs, and I do not recall that. And I have good recall.

[We do seek to engage with others. Maybe that's where you are confused about us? But we are more one-on-one when we engage. Not center of an audience!]

It's SEE, IEE's "Look-alike", that is notably comfortable as the center of attentions. IEEs can take center stage, entertainingly, for small amounts of time, but its not where we are comfortable staying. And this is not how you find an IEE in a crowd. Not as the center of attention!

IEE are a look alike relation with SEE, so this should be extremely obvious.
    My question was specific, wondering why, or in what ways, we look-alike. This is a non-answer to that.

I think your grasp of socionics is fairly tenuous so please do not attempt to dictate how and what types can be like.
    No, it is not tenuous. Of course you don't explain your assertion here, because you cannot. Like other IEEs, I am pretty good at this. My grasp of some types is certainly less than my understanding of other types, but I see the very same from you. In fact there are very, very few people on this board that have a strong grasp of all the types. Like most of us, you have a deeper understanding of some types than others. And I do not think your grasp of IEE is strong. It is understandably much weaker than mine. Certainly you understand some other types better than me. But not IEE.

The things you've said out of your personal biases contradict all the existing literature about IEEs.
    No. Support your statement with examples and references, please, if you have anything that holds water.

Because really each type can engage in exposing themselves in certain situations either due to a neurotic reaction or ego reaction.
    This woman is not neurotic. Look at her body language. She is comfortable with herself and her own reactions and with having the camera on her. Ego reaction - not seeing that either. She seems open and frank.

IEE's do tend to have a good grasp of motives but she's dealing with a enigma here, which is part of the attraction, this guy doesn't have the kind of motive that she would normally be able to read.
    I don't see anything in her words or in her body language or her expressions that says, "I normally can really get this sort of thing about a person but you are not like any person I ever met and I just can't figure you out." I can imagine an IEE with that response to someone, and you would read that on her face. This woman does not look like she is off in her own mind trying to figure anything out. She is all-present, and responding frankly as she feels in the moment.

His unread-ability is part of his allure, and part of her self-flagellation in going back over and over again to be betrayed over and over again.
    I am not so sure he is unreadable. That's not my reaction. He is just not as expressive as she is, which is not unusual. I just did not have any strong intuitions about his type at first pass (and I was concentrating on her), so I did not attempt to type him.

My idea that she is SEE is a strong one, but its not firm; its open to reconsideration. I have not ruled out ESE, but I have ruled out IEE for certain, and probably SEI, too (she doesn't stop and look inward, and I think a SEI would feel too exposed in this conversation - the discomfort of that would be evident, IMO).
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When she feels something...out it goes and the whole bearing gets changed. Do you really think that's how Fi people react? In my opinion...no.
    Fi people in this sound as dry as a burnt piece of toast.

TIM
    ESI 684
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wacey View Post
    Fi people in this sound as dry as a burnt piece of toast.
    Lol, wtf why?

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol, wtf why?
    You just make it sound like an Fi person does not emote, they don't cry when hurt, or communicate with expression. You make it sound like they don't react. To me an non-reactive person is as dry as a burnt piece of toast. Especially to the very real events in their life.

TIM
    ESI 684
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wacey View Post
    You just make it sound like an Fi person does not emote, they don't cry when hurt, or communicate with expression. You make it sound like they don't react. To me an non-reactive person is as dry as a burnt piece of toast. Especially to the very real events in their life.
    I don't know. I usually go by myself first. In this way, I am pretty much like Conan(SLE inc, just watch it): I don't cry, I need others to cry for me(I cry only when the situation is extremely positive). I am not that much emotive(on the other hand, my videos disprove me...drats!)-what I meant is that I don't use the whole face to emote for example. And I most definitely DO REACT! But then again, King Conan was reactive as all hell as well. But I don't cry! Nah-uh!

Maybe there are some extremely mushy gushy Fi types out there, but it is...weird to me. Even MBTI acknowledges this part of Fi-that Fi is VERY sentimental, attached maybe even more passionate than Fe(because Fe disperses). But Fi have trouble showing those emotions and end up bottling them up. Idk...sounds familiar from somewhere.

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Reficulris How close was this to your relationship....
    Mmm we had codependancy but i'd say compared to this roles would be switched. I'll watch it again to see if and if yes what are the similarities.

we've had conversations like this after the marriage and I remember her doing things that he is doing in the movie (ego protection by denial and such) which is also maybe why I see more emotion then you do. I think he's a bit more vulnerable and shaken then some of the suggestions above imply. Narcissistic yes, but individuals have to protect their ego after being bad to someone.

I agree with the enigma here also it's what I myself find intriguing. Why did he cheat? Why does he still lie? Why does she come back? Why are they having this conversation. Riddles that are very fundemantal to human life. Why why why.

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    I don't think the guy is necessarily as horrible as everyone is making him out to be... he has a lot of character flaws, but I don't think he's necessarily evil. It doesn't look like he abused her, at least.

He clearly lost deeper feelings for her at some point in the relationship and realized that she wasn't the one... which makes for a painful scenario, but at the same time isn't really a crime. You can't force yourself to stay in love. He handled the situation in a shitty way, though. He should have had the balls to end it if he knew he was getting bored/cold feet and wanted to test out other options. He felt comfortable in the relationship, loved her and didn't want to lose the friendship, so rather than straight up ending it with her, he sought out other women while still in his safety blanket. THAT was a selfish and cowardly move, but at the same time he's human and none of us are perfect. Still to this day, he has trouble even admitting it (it's common for people to not want to admit & own up when they've done wrong). You can see on his face that he knows he caused her an immense amount of pain, and the guilt in his eyes looks genuine. He knows he fucked up, even if he struggles to really admit it.

He really hurt her, and it's difficult to see the pain in her eyes. We've all been there. I've been on both sides (minus the cheating on my part). She deserves someone who will love her always, through and through.

Love is always a risk in this way. Relationships take mutual trust, respect and commitment, otherwise they're bound to crumble.

100% agree. Also the guilt made him more endearing to me even with his flaws. He's trying, it necessary to make it better (nothing does) but maybe to partly face it. Not succeeding due to his flaws doesn't make him evil or even pathological liar/cheater as some here suggest. I makes him a human.

Not it that is advisable for her to get back with him or anything. But the situation/movie to me is interesting to watch and emotionally touching in the struggle to make sense out of something that's been shitty.

Mentioned
    760 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Reficulris View Post
    Mmm we had codependancy but i'd say compared to this roles would be switched. I'll watch it again to see if and if yes what are the similarities.

we've had conversations like this after the marriage and I remember her doing things that he is doing in the movie (ego protection by denial and such) which is also maybe why I see more emotion then you do. I think he's a bit more vulnerable and shaken then some of the suggestions above imply. Narcissistic yes, but individuals have to protect their ego after being bad to someone.

I agree with the enigma here also it's what I myself find intriguing. Why did he cheat? Why does he still lie? Why does she come back? Why are they having this conversation. Riddles that are very fundemantal to human life. Why why why.
    Oh absolutely reversed, I sort of meant it that way. I think the emotion you see is more contempt/superiority. That's one of the main emotion that he expresses, a sense of superiority over her.

I think going over the why of it all is not really much of a enigma, it was probably just impulse. From the video you can tell he does impulsive behavior and such and are part of his narcissistic traits. In many ways they're both attention seeking extroverts given that they offered themselves up for the video.

TIM
    ESI 684
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh absolutely reversed, I sort of meant it that way. I think the emotion you see is more contempt/superiority. That's one of the main emotion that he expresses, a sense of superiority over her.

I think going over the why of it all is not really much of a enigma, it was probably just impulse. From the video you can tell he does impulsive behavior and such and are part of his narcissistic traits. In many ways they're both attention seeking extroverts given that they offered themselves up for the video.
    Because Introverts don't do videos? COME ON! Get off your high horse! You'll catch a nasty case of piles . Saddle is known to do that.

...really stereotypes like these...ARGH!

Mentioned
    760 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Because Introverts don't do videos? COME ON! Get off your high horse! You'll catch a nasty case of piles . Saddle is known to do that.

...really stereotypes like these...ARGH!
    Sure introverts do videos, but these just happen to be attention seeking extroverts. There are even attention seeking introverts.

I'm not stereotyping at all, since I was just describing these individuals. Why don't you just read what I say instead of getting all worked up over me describing people. Given your posts here it seems you're new here and believe in astrology, you probably won't enjoy your experience here very much I'm afraid.

TIM
    ESI 684
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sure introverts do videos, but these just happen to be attention seeking extroverts. There are even attention seeking introverts.

I'm not stereotyping at all, since I was just describing these individuals. Why don't you just read what I say instead of getting all worked up over me describing people. Given your posts here it seems you're new here and believe in astrology, you probably won't enjoy your experience here very much I'm afraid.
    Just fyi, all the lead socionists believe in far more strenous things than I do. They're all fascinated with things like collective (un)conscious, kaballah and even more exotic disciplines. Jung himself was into cu, alchemy, kaballah and astrology, for example. Which does not make us inferior-it just makes us different. And since when is different bad? Plus I'll take everything that'll give me even a slight edge tactics wise-I'd be foolish not to.

So, be careful about what you say lest it doesn't match with real data .

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To quote you(doubly so):

"He's callous, narcissistic, etc, but nothing else seem to be there beyond that"

In my world...does there need to be anything more? OMG, that's the type of a person that'd BETRAY YOU at the first opportunity because he sees no more USE out of you! I really can't condone his behaviour. And to everyone smartass: "How would you feel if your partner acted towards you like he did towards her?". I'm sure that she played her part in the breakup, but really? To betray? ...
    You're framing it in a very specific way and not seeing all the nuances of human experience.
    If you write of every person who's ever betrayed, or will ever betray someone you're going to end up alone. Humans are far from perfect, they make horrible mistakes, they act selfish and callous. They have traits that defend themselves from pain at cost of someone elses pain. These all exist in everyone, even in you. The trick is to see the humility and the attempt at vulnerability, not just the negative traits. This is a moment of connection, even two people who are very disfunctional can be beautiful in how they play out the situation.

I'm very adverse of betrayal and don't suffer it without concequence. But I don't think it's fair to judge this guy as calous or evil. He's flawed, there's no denying that. But are you that much better? Are you sure there won't be a time where your flaws bring you to a similar junction? Or perhaps a different kind of "evil"? Do you know people who you're really sure of, have never hurt/betrayed/necglected/bullied anyone? Think also from the recipients side because most people don't even recognise it when they hurt someone...

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a mix of shame that gets converted into ego protective contempt.

I remember my ex wife being VERY upset with small things during the break up. I'd ask her "so, how do you feel this is compared to the betrayal you did to me" and it'd shatter all contempt and superiourity into self destructive self loathing and very deep guilt. There's different layers of emotion and attitudes.

I think going over the why of it all is not really much of a enigma, it was probably just impulse. From the video you can tell he does impulsive behavior and such and are part of his narcissistic traits. In many ways they're both attention seeking extroverts given that they offered themselves up for the video
    totally, I don't think he's got a "reason" for it. Which is the puzzle. I cannot really imagine someone not having reasons, or not having the self awareness to think about those reasons. But that's the fact; Impulsiveness is the sole reason. That that's kinda unsatisfying as story element is kinda insult added to injury, but it's still interesting

TIM
    ESI 684
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're framing it in a very specific way and not seeing all the nuances of human experience.
    If you write of every person who's ever betrayed, or will ever betray someone you're going to end up alone. Humans are far from perfect, they make horrible mistakes, they act selfish and callous. They have traits that defend themselves from pain at cost of someone elses pain. These all exist in everyone, even in you. The trick is to see the humility and the attempt at vulnerability, not just the negative traits. This is a moment of connection, even two people who are very disfunctional can be beautiful in how they play out the situation.

I'm very adverse of betrayal and don't suffer it without concequence. But I don't think it's fair to judge this guy as calous or evil. He's flawed, there's no denying that. But are you that much better? Are you sure there won't be a time where your flaws bring you to a similar junction? Or perhaps a different kind of "evil"? Do you know people who you're really sure of, have never hurt/betrayed/necglected/bullied anyone? Think also from the recipients side because most people don't even recognise it when they hurt someone...
    Of course I won't be in his position. To even allude is ridiculous. I think and choose with whom I will bond instead of putting a penis into a vagina. And once I have chosen, I stick with it-quite unlike him. Yes, I can yell, yes I can be direct and vulgar. But that's exactly why I would choose a girl who could endure it. And who'd understand me instead of "OMG WHAT WILL OTHERS THINK??!?!". I waited for a job that suits me for like 2 years. I've been waiting for just right girl for a long time-to the point of complete purity. So, ye, ofc I won't be in his place tyvm!

Also: "Do to others as you wish others do unto you", yes? Plus, the relation, the TRUE relation beats anything this twisted, warped, immoral to the core world has to offer. I'll be honest for a change: I just wish to have a person to call my own, yeah. I don't care about typology. Truth ftw!
    Last edited by nondescript; 09-07-2015 at 02:45 PM.

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Of course I won't be in his position. To even allude is ridiculous. I think and choose with whom I will bond instead of putting a penis into a vagina. And once I have chosen, I stick with it-quite unlike him. Yes, I can yell, yes I can be direct and vulgar. But that's exactly why I would choose a girl who could endure it. And who'd understand me instead of "OMG WHAT WILL OTHERS THINK??!?!". I waited for a job that suits me for like 2 years. I've been waiting for just right girl for a long time-to the point of complete purity. So, ye, ofc I won't be in his place tyvm!
    You're sure you'd never do anything like this extrapolating from now to eternity? Is there no circumstance in which you would? Is there no different place you could've been born that would make you feel this is ok?

I am very loyal as a person, but to say there's no circumstance i'd cheat under would be to self delude myself, Maybe you are a saint, but i've seen people who where VERY focal against cheating do it simultaniously, so I'm skeptical of everyone with strong, judgemental morals.

Also: "Do to others as you wish others do unto you", yes? Plus, the relation, the TRUE relation beats anything this twisted, warped, immoral to the core world has to offer. I'll be honest for a change: I just wish to have a person to call my own, yeah. I don't care about typology. Truth ftw!
    The world is nice and beautiful due to its flaws. To want to relate to someone who is perfect, and to be aspiring to be perfect yourself, is both illusionary AND precludes connection. imho you can only connect through flaws not through perfections.

And I do wish you someone you can call your own and also not to be in this type of relationships. But I still think there's beauty in the movie clips and maybe also a lesson. It's not to judge and feel superiour about, it's to admire and reflect if we can understand the flawed, otherness, selves of the non-us.

TIM
    ESI 684
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're sure you'd never do anything like this extrapolating from now to eternity? Is there no circumstance in which you would? Is there no different place you could've been born that would make you feel this is ok?

I am very loyal as a person, but to say there's no circumstance i'd cheat under would be to self delude myself, Maybe you are a saint, but i've seen people who where VERY focal against cheating do it simultaniously, so I'm skeptical of everyone with strong, judgemental morals.

The world is nice and beautiful due to its flaws. To want to relate to someone who is perfect, and to be aspiring to be perfect yourself, is both illusionary AND precludes connection. imho you can only connect through flaws not through perfections.

And I do wish you someone you can call your own and also not to be in this type of relationships. But I still think there's beauty in the movie clips and maybe also a lesson. It's not to judge and feel superiour about, it's to admire and reflect if we can understand the flawed, otherness, selves of the non-us.
    I'll have everything I earn. I'd feel wrong to take something I have not earned. And I'll get this sort of things when I'm ready-not a moment sooner, not a moment later. Life has taught me that. You might be in the presence of your dual and she might be even interested in you, but if it's not meant to be...it's not meant to be. There is no point in forcing that-live and let live. It is precisely because I understand force and such that I understand when to go all in and when to fold.

I know that my self-confidence can sound obnoxious to a Ne...but I am who I am and I can not(and WILL NOT) be anyone else. See, that's the difference between Fi and Fe. One helps but only if it believes in whatever it is doing(Fi)...other does it because of others(Fe). Fi will be happy if it truly feels happy, Fe is prone to feel happy just because others require it so(and such things).

And I wouldn't ever cheat. I believe in lifelong commitments and MEANINGFUL commitments. If I have any lusts towards anyone but my chosen one, I can exhaust that lust in other ways that doesn't involve even touching that person. Remember, I am always trying to better my control over myself due to my bouts of eruptive rage. This has a nice side-effect of strengthening my control over other passions. And I'd much rather invest my passion into my object of desire / love rather than into a random vagina tyvm!

Am I obnoxious?

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll have everything I earn. I'd feel wrong to take something I have not earned. And I'll get this sort of things when I'm ready-not a moment sooner, not a moment later. Life has taught me that. You might be in the presence of your dual and she might be even interested in you, but if it's not meant to be...it's not meant to be. There is no point in forcing that-live and let live. It is precisely because I understand force and such that I understand when to go all in and when to fold.

I know that my self-confidence can sound obnoxious to a Ne...but I am who I am and I can not(and WILL NOT) be anyone else. See, that's the difference between Fi and Fe. One helps but only if it believes in whatever it is doing(Fi)...other does it because of others(Fe). Fi will be happy if it truly feels happy, Fe is prone to feel happy just because others require it so(and such things).

And I wouldn't ever cheat. I believe in lifelong commitments and MEANINGFUL commitments. If I have any lusts towards anyone but my chosen one, I can exhaust that lust in other ways that doesn't involve even touching that person. Remember, I am always trying to better my control over myself due to my bouts of eruptive rage. This has a nice side-effect of strengthening my control over other passions. And I'd much rather invest my passion into my object of desire / love rather than into a random vagina tyvm!

Am I obnoxious?
    No not obnoxious at all.You sound confident young and full of conviction. I think if you can keep it up you'll be a nice (if not somewhat judgemental) partner to someone some day

Mentioned
    760 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Just fyi, all the lead socionists believe in far more strenous things than I do. They're all fascinated with things like collective (un)conscious, kaballah and even more exotic disciplines. Jung himself was into cu, alchemy, kaballah and astrology, for example. Which does not make us inferior-it just makes us different. And since when is different bad? Plus I'll take everything that'll give me even a slight edge tactics wise-I'd be foolish not to.

So, be careful about what you say lest it doesn't match with real data .
    The collective unconscious is probably one of Jung's better ideas. Today philosophically the concepts of inter-subjectivity and even in economics reflexitivity are very similar in mechanism. Social networking, big data all more or less try to tap into the collective unconscious. Alchemy, Kaballah, etc are all sort of in a similar vein just primitive things as well. The problem of astrology is not the descriptions nor is it a problem of any typology, the problem is always the explanation and the absolute certainty of divination. Is personality a matter of human cognition or is it a matter of stars influencing us at the moment of our birth.

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://youtu.be/Cle4qE5Qy2s

Because this fits

Mentioned
    760 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

No not obnoxious at all.You sound confident young and full of conviction. I think if you can keep it up you'll be a nice (if not somewhat judgemental) partner to someone some day
    This person is low openness, high reactivity, you can tell this from the first few posts. If this individual sees anything they don't like/comprehend, they probably have a very big fear and anxiety reaction which drives them to emotional reaction, usually negative and aggressive. However due to this reactivity and need to still grab hold of something information wise, they can be prone to latching on to thought patterns that are comprehensible and unquestionable due to a reliance on faith to adopt.

Given this individuals types ESI 684, it is a good profile of a low openness, fearful and reactive person and it has been demonstrated as well.

I wouldn't be surprised if this individual cheated on a partner out of revenge or reactivity sometime later in their life.

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This person is low openness, high reactivity, you can tell this from the first few posts. If this individual sees anything they don't like/comprehend, they probably have a very big fear and anxiety reaction which drives them to emotional reaction, usually negative and aggressive. However due to this reactivity and need to still grab hold of something information wise, they can be prone to latching on to thought patterns that are comprehensible and unquestionable due to a reliance on faith to adopt.

Given this individuals types ESI 684, it is a good profile of a low openness, fearful and reactive person and it has been demonstrated as well.

I wouldn't be surprised if this individual cheated on a partner out of revenge or reactivity sometime later in their life.
    I see that, and also a wish to be better, to be honest and strong. That's why the "if you can keep this up" with "this" being high moral standards is in there. I'm hoping I'm wrong and he's going to be what he wants to be

Mentioned
    760 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I see that, and also a wish to be better, to be honest and strong. That's why the "if you can keep this up" with "this" being high moral standards is in there. I'm hoping I'm wrong and he's going to be what he wants to be
    People will disappoint you or in my case confirm my doubts.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

i'm sort of surprised that he can be viewed so sympathetically by some in this thread. this guy *did* abuse his ex, emotionally, and because of her own co-dependency issues, she kept allowing it, coming back for more.

i don't think he's necessarily "evil", but he certainly isn't a nice guy. he's like the type of guy who will never really let anyone in, but maintains interest by sometimes acting like he really cares (but really doesn't). he cheats simply because he knows he can get away with it, acting like he's sorry when he's caught, but who probably fully intends to continue his behavior (even if he feels guilty about it, he will still continue regardless). he probably makes her feel really bad about herself most of the time, but it's interspersed with occasional moments when he says something that she interprets as love (though it's probably insincere a lot of the time). unfortunately, this behavior is like catnip for insecure women like her. she's insecure, so she puts up with a person who knows will cause her pain, probably using the fact that he acts sorry sometimes to excuse it ("oh he really loves me, so i'll forgive him" blah blah). she might even have an unhealthy perception that "love" is supposed to be like this. a really toxic combination results when a guy like this gets with a girl like her.

honestly it creeped me out when she got super excited about asking him one of the questions - something like "What would you warn my next boyfriend about me?" she got all giddy and excited. to me it's like wtf, why are you so excited about asking a question that you *know* will elicit a painful answer?

i think it's clear what type of person he is. he'll probably always attract insecure, co-dependent women who make excuses for his behavior, thus keeping them both in the toxic cycle.

Mentioned
    760 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glam View Post
    i'm sort of surprised that he can be viewed so sympathetically by some in this thread. this guy *did* abuse his ex, emotionally, and because of her own co-dependency issues, she kept allowing it, coming back for more.

i don't think he's necessarily "evil", but he certainly isn't a nice guy. he's like the type of guy who will never really let anyone in, but maintains interest by sometimes acting like he really cares (but really doesn't). he cheats simply because he knows he can get away with it, acting like he's sorry when he's caught, but who probably fully intends to continue his behavior (even if he feels guilty about it, he will still continue regardless). he probably makes her feel really bad about herself most of the time, but it's interspersed with occasional moments when he says something that she interprets as love (though it's probably insincere a lot of the time). unfortunately, this behavior is like catnip for insecure women like her. she's insecure, so she puts up with a person who knows will cause her pain, probably using the fact that he acts sorry sometimes to excuse it ("oh he really loves me, so i'll forgive him" blah blah). she might even have an unhealthy perception that "love" is supposed to be like this. a really toxic combination results when a guy like this gets with a girl like her.

honestly it creeped me out when she got super excited about asking him one of the questions - something like "What would you warn my next boyfriend about me?" she got all giddy and excited. to me it's like wtf, why are you so excited about asking a question that you *know* will elicit a painful answer?

i think it's clear what type of person he is. he'll probably always attract insecure, co-dependent women who make excuses for his behavior, thus keeping them both in the toxic cycle.
    There was also the moment when he says he was most at fault in the relationship, she was pseudo suprised and kind of wanted him to say the other thing, not sure if she got off or was disappointed by what he said.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I turned the video off cause it made me uneasy.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    662 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Guy is a typical douche, I mean he's even wearing a beret lol... girl is a typical masochistic codependent str8 female who can't stand up for herself and just shrills a lot.

I'm sure a lot of heterosexual American couples can relate to this though, because this same thing kinda happens tons in their relationships. ((and no str8 girls I'm not jealous don't pull that crap on me, I don't want some douche in a beret to fuck my ass))

The guy knows that low self-esteem pussy is incredibly easy to find and just around the corner. The girl is a typical "love addict" which just makes her this huge mark.

((Look I know I'm being a harsh judgemental ****** but really - I'm glad I'm not str8 sometimes because there is no way I would tolerate this crap for a milliosecond. and if I did, I'd want somebody to be abrasive with me as well.))

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    662 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

regarding OP i didn't believe they "loved each other so much" or whatever (i suspected their relationship wasn't real in a way). but i feel like i'm intruding watching it. maybe she felt that way, but i didn't believe it of him. something felt quite wrong about the little bit i watched. but some people can behave strangely when a camera is pointed at them (and they know it) too, especially if they chose to put it there to begin with. it's multiple layers of possible image consciousness (image meaning the part of you that is watching yourself watch yourself and knows all the conflicting, often ego-driven motivations for doing it). so even though it seemed very *unreal* to me (like this isn't who either of them are), i don't think it's "fake" either. still, that guy creeps me out. maybe it's what nondescript mentioned - how calculating he seems. her feelings seem to mean very little to him (they can carry on the emotional life of a relationship all on their own apparently?), and he just seems to calculate his responses.

anyway, i feel kind of bad for analyzing it at all. and i don't want to make awful judgments about people from a brief video because i know that no matter what i inwardly "know" that i don't truly *know* anything.

You're exactly right about him, but as long as str8 females keep spreading their legs for asshole men - they will keep getting away with it. The only way to stop them is to not give up the honey so easily to dickwads like that.

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post

You're exactly right about him, but as long as str8 females keep spreading their legs for asshole men - they will keep getting away with it. The only way to stop them is to not give up the honey so easily to dickwads like that.

That's essentially victim blaming - glad we have something to disagree on again

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I rewatched both and don't see why people get so upset about them. They seem still cute, and i still see genuine stuff there....

Mentioned
    760 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I rewatched both and don't see why people get so upset about them. They seem still cute, and i still see genuine stuff there....
    I guess this is why you got married to your wife...

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess this is why you got married to your wife...
    ahahha touche!

Although I did have profound doubts about her and disliked her personallity for the first half year after meeting. Guess wanting to save someone can lead to situations

Mentioned
    760 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Was going thru this video series and was typing various people. This video sort of was really easy to type for one individual.

The 7 year old girl is SLE, her mom is IXFp I think. She troubles her mom quite a bit during the video but there is something there which keep them very close.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast