Thread: ESI-ILE conflict relations (ISFj and ENTp)

Hybrid View

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sergeyeva View Post
    Well, I can give you another story of a conflict relationship between an ILE (my husband) and an ESI (our friend). They've known each other almost as long as we've been married, our elder kids are of the same age, etc. So this is a long standing relationship but it had its ups and downs. When they first met they were quite attracted to each other (typical, ah?). ESI saw that ILE was kind, caring, attentive, but also inventive and basically fun. And ESI was seen as, well, just a very good person (kind, considerate, skilled in Si things, hospitable, very good with children - that part particularly impressed ILE). So they've made firends and saw each other quite often but then trouble gradually began. ESI didn't have a job she deserved, so we, two intuitive feeling people, told her that she deserves so much better, she's actually very good and should get a better pay, etc. We thought to inspire and never knew that we only kindled her insecurity with all that talk. And this happened time after time. She would visit and tell us about her problems (mostly money-related, obviously seeking Te advice) and we would start: "Helen, you're so good at this, you underestimate yourself, be a little bolder, let's start looking for a new job, let's write a CV and post it now..." Well, we didn't know much of socionics then I don't know how the poor girl persevered with us, and we did quarrel a little bit and once we quarreled a lot over kids (the proper way to bring up kids), but we are still friends. ILE tries to bite his tongue whenever he's inspired to "show her the bright possibilities", ESI stopped telling him that suits really suit him (he hates suits!) and that he should dress as a bank clerk, we've basically come to terms All it takes is a lot of good will on both sides and a lot of time.
    Yes I agree that conflict comes out when kids arrive. ESE and ILI conflict relations quarrel a lot too over what information should be transferred down to their children and ESE is often baffled by the wife's emotional guilting the kids to do traditional things and things that don't make them happy on an individual level. You've also provided a good example about the support aspect of conflict relations that make them so attractive initially.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Yes I agree that conflict comes out when kids arrive. ESE and ILI conflict relations quarrel a lot too over what information should be transferred down to their children and ESE is often baffled by the wife's emotional guilting the kids to do traditional things and things that don't make them happy on an individual level. You've also provided a good example about the support aspect of conflict relations that make them so attractive initially.
    Well, that's one type of marriage that I could never recommend - a conflict marriage! Revision (or is it control in English?) is difficult enough Have you winessed such a marriage between an ESE and ILI? I don't know many ILI (and none of those I know are female) so I'm not sure why would an ILI condition her kids to follow the rules and traditions? Sticking to the values of the third quadra?
    It's unfortunate that conflicting partners are so attractive at first

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sergeyeva View Post
    Well, that's one type of marriage that I could never recommend - a conflict marriage! Revision (or is it control in English?) is difficult enough Have you winessed such a marriage between an ESE and ILI? I don't know many ILI (and none of those I know are female) so I'm not sure why would an ILI condition her kids to follow the rules and traditions? Sticking to the values of the third quadra?
    It's unfortunate that conflicting partners are so attractive at first
    Well the ILI says it's selfish for her daughter to not have kids while the ESE says that choice is up to her.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html