Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestly, I think she's ENFp

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by Baby
    Actually... you remind of a combo of two people: Maisy and BionicGoat.
    sort of a layed back mania, friendly people-person loner sort of thing. A walking/talking contradiction... I can sense it

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux
    Honestly, I think she's ENFp
    Same here. (Well, not IEI at least. I get this strong Si >>>> Se vibe from you)

Quote Originally Posted by Muffinstein
    - People regularly accuse me of being not of this earth, or totally out of touch with reality
    Aha, I'd say not IEI. A typical self listed IEI trait is their "bulging" rationality, never their "bulging" irrationality. That seems to be a typical self listed trait of IEE-s.

.... except, I've got an unspoken bond with freaking everybody, so anyway....
    Makes me wonder if this would equate to expat's "laser beams".

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd opt for being stuck in an elevator with raisonpure!
    (I quite like when people know exactly what they want to talk about going into a convo)

I talk about (mostly),

- art !!
    - music !!
    - ambitions and dreams, crazy goals, "what are we doing next with our lives, guys?"
    - general upkeep, like how people are doing
    - interpersonal relationships / personality
    - cooking/nutrition/food
    - philosophy, but only if it's relevant. it usually is.
    - random silly goofiness, especially when I'm "on"
    - um, I'm usually the one people come to when they have stuff to work out, so I talk about psychological shit a lot, which I love to do cause I don't mind it and I think that's when people are at their most honest/beautiful.
    - coincidences, mysterious occurances, magic, nature

I hang out with hippies.
    Just quoting this for reference.
    ENFp or INFp? :wink: Or some other type possibly?
    INTp
    sx/sp

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think she's ENFp too.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mea
    I'd opt for being stuck in an elevator with raisonpure!
    (I quite like when people know exactly what they want to talk about going into a convo)

I talk about (mostly),

- art !!
    - music !!
    - ambitions and dreams, crazy goals, "what are we doing next with our lives, guys?"
    - general upkeep, like how people are doing
    - interpersonal relationships / personality
    - cooking/nutrition/food
    - philosophy, but only if it's relevant. it usually is.
    - random silly goofiness, especially when I'm "on"
    - um, I'm usually the one people come to when they have stuff to work out, so I talk about psychological shit a lot, which I love to do cause I don't mind it and I think that's when people are at their most honest/beautiful.
    - coincidences, mysterious occurances, magic, nature

I hang out with hippies.
    Just quoting this for reference.
    ENFp or INFp? :wink: Or some other type possibly?
    I really like the topics that muffinstein enjoys talking about. Reminds me of my conversations with my ENFp friends.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

- um... I have a kitty?
    Because of this, I think you're ENFp. (I would have used the laughing smiley, but I think it's ugly...so just pretend it's a lauging smiley.) It sounds like the randomness of my ENFp best friend.

Interestingly enough my ENFp friend and I were talking last night about how she will interupt conversations when she's distracted by something random just to point it out. For example (and this is the real example she gave) she'll be having a conversation with someone, see a kitty, point and yell, "KITTY! Oh my goodness it's so PRECIOUS!" then go back to the conversation.

Anyway, this wasn't a completely serious post. It just made me think of my ENFp friend.
    ISFp, SiFe, , or SEI....whatever we're calling ourselves these days.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ooh, that thread full of Expat's descriptions of the various functions was super illuminating. I think I can quite comfortably go with IEE, based on functions and feedback, which is exactly what I was looking for, so thank you!

hmm... I wasn't going to post this, (it was in the video thread for about 8 seconds - bionicgoat got to see it, though!). But what the hey, here's a sort-of intro that I recorded mostly cause I'd never recorded myself on film before.

no vid now

Oh yeah, and here's Satchmo trying to gnaw my arm off. I also hereby swear that I'm not one of those cat people, hehe, you'll hear no more on the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth
    Interestingly enough my ENFp friend and I were talking last night about how she will interupt conversations when she's distracted by something random just to point it out. For example (and this is the real example she gave) she'll be having a conversation with someone, see a kitty, point and yell, "KITTY! Oh my goodness it's so PRECIOUS!" then go back to the conversation.

Anyway, this wasn't a completely serious post. It just made me think of my ENFp friend.
    lolz! I made the video before you posted that, and umm... yep. I'm just gonna say yep.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Based on the video, ENFp.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont get enfp vibe. thinks before she talks quite a bit. "ummm... ummm..."
    Speaks in a shy manner.

just my 2 cents.
    {♠x<º))))><¸.·´¯`·.¸IcEPiCk¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>x♠ }

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENFp is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by IcEPiCk
    Speaks in a shy manner.
    ENFps can be shy!
    INTp
    sx/sp

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Differences Between ENFp and INFp

I get the two mixed up a lot.

What do you think are some of the biggest blaring differences?

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

. You are point of least resistance Te; you are Alpha in your values. Everything you think is Se is really PoLR Te. You cannot find IEIs and EIEs because they are not your dual / activators. Your enemies are LIEs/ILIs/LSEs. Your dual is the ILE - which are rarely female.

Now go tell us again what Se is like ... and this way we can see what Te as a vulnerable function is.

I am just trying to help.

God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him.
    - John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

:"SEIs can be skeptical of beliefs, arguments, and actions that are based on external sources of information or oppose the SEI's values system. Therefore, an SEI could come off as stubborn or rigidly set in their ways. They put more trust in the expertise of someone who seems to have hands-on experience, even if limited, than of someone who demonstrates having read many books on the same subject.

They can tend to tune out lengthy text-book explanations and information that requires especially concise explanations or language that they might have a relatively vague understanding or impression of. The reason for this is because the SEI always feels that "there is much more" to dry facts and statistics.

People who are bossy and critical are disliked by the SEI because SEIs usually believe in taking action only when it is prudent for them. They are also prone to avoiding people who demand perfection because that can lead to feelings of inadequacy for the job at hand."

From wikisocion.org

That sounds like you in the Navy! Sounds like you in your Youtube videos. It sounds like you in the first post of this thread.

God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him.
    - John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

TIM
    IEI-Fe 9w8 sx/so
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From my experience of having INFP and ENFP friends, I find that INFP's are a lot like ENFP's when around loved ones, kinda like fun energy bombs with loads of crazy ideas. While ENFP's are a lot like INFP's when around loved ones, more reserved, not playing the joker card as much and they are a lot more prone to be deep in thought sometimes.

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Saberstorm
    You're pretty set on this aren't you?

I do have a history with ENTp women going after me, and I do find myself very attracted to some ISFp's and INSANELY attracted to ESFj's. SEI 8 would be quite interesting. I'll take a look but the likelihood of my type changing is pretty low... unless I'm just a pissed off 2... which would explain the 4'ish desire for super deepness.

Though if anything I think ESFj would fit better than ISFp.

If I'm an ESFj, then this is gonna put a rock in all my fuckin youtube videos.
    Last edited by Azure Flame; 01-22-2013 at 07:47 PM.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question IEE and IEI differences.

Hello,

I'm having difficulty differentiating between IEIs and IEEs. I've been reading about functions, but I can't really tell which function is being used and valued (Ni or Ne/ Fi or Fe) . From your experiences, what are the most apparent traits/behaviors of both and how do you distinguish them?

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

First of all IEIs are introverts and IEEs are extraverts, in pretty much every sense of both words.
    Ni=inner imagination dreamland
    Ne= hyperactive, random, "what if we did this?", extroverted, childlike wonder

Fi= good and bad, moral compass, serious
    Fe= being bubbly, caring for a fun, lighthearted group atmosphere and good at creating one, merry

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They are like day and night.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For example, Bo Burnham, I typed him IEI at first but I've seen some type him as IEE.
    And then Kirk hammett, who I typed IEE but some type him IEI.
    It's confusing. That's why I want to know how you perceive them so I can see if I'm typing correctly or no.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy View Post
    For example, Bo Burnham, I typed him IEI at first but I've seen some type him as IEE.
    And then Kirk hammett, who I typed IEE but some type him IEI.
    It's confusing. That's why I want to know how you perceive them so I can see if I'm typing correctly or no.
    Better to look at people in real life.

I type Kirk Hammett SEI
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In real life, i knew some but only superficially so I can't be sure of their types.
    Do you know any examples of IEEs or IEIs?
    Why SEI for Kirk though?

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In real life, i knew some but only superficially so I can't be sure of their types.
    Do you know any examples of IEEs or IEIs?
    Why SEI for Kirk though?
    Eventually you will have to get to know both IEI and IEE in real life. Thats the only way to really learn socionics.

You will have to know personally people of every type to learn Socionics.

I'm not gonna go into Kirks type here. He just seems SEI to me, but other people will disagree.

I know examples of both IEI and IEE. But if you are asking for examples of these types, it seems to me that you just have to generally meet more people. These types are quite different, so there is nothing special about separating these particular types.

(Jung on Si)

Mentioned
    914 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

my two closest friends are IEE and IEI. I don't know how helpful it is to just talk about two people, but I feel like it.

IEE (7w6?): general presence is quirky and a little self-important. walks and talks fast, in a kind of jerky and staccato way without seeming to ever focus her attention on anything in particular. talks a LOT - will enter your home as you're getting ready in the bathroom and just start going, and going, before you've said anything but "come in"... mostly talks about what's going on with the people in her life and how she feels about it. when talking about broader issues, she's opinionated and passionate but ultimately looks for some kind of middle ground and reconciliation and is most derisive towards extremes of any kind. at a restaurant, you have to remind her to choose something, otherwise the waitress will come by 3 times asking for the order and she'll just keep forgetting because she's too busy talking. you also have to remember where she parked, because she won't. she's not a huge shopper but she has a few signature items of clothing like her feather earrings or her purse made out of seatbelts that she's pretty attached to. being with her kind of feels like holding a charming balloon that needs to be tugged closer occasionally lest it float away.

IEI (9w1): general presence is refined and gracious, a bit removed and haughty. walks fast, talks in a measured and slightly persuasive fashion, energy is either focused inward or directly lasered at the person he's talking to (as opposed to the scattered focus of the IEE). doesn't talk a lot, but can get going on things he finds interesting. very good at listening and sometimes seems utterly entranced by what you're saying, in a charming way. talks a lot about books/films that he likes, things that he's encountered or experienced since the last time you talked. when talking about broader issues, his opinions are presented more matter-of-factly and with predictions about how things are going to play out (sometimes serious, sometimes dramatized for effect). cautions against extremes in opinion, but seems amused by them. at a restaurant, he's frugal, might just get a water, usually wants to take it home and get out of the public bustle. he always looks well-groomed, but he owns like 4 outfits and doesn't like being bothered with aesthetic concerns. being with him kind of feels like being in a warm bubble removed from everything else going on in your life.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    357 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

According to Nardi those people have similar brain patterns.
    So the list would include:
    LSx
    ESx
    LIx
    EIx
    SLx
    SEx
    ILx
    IEx

I suppose it can be possible to mistype oneself based on similarities. However external manifestation would be different.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, so recently debated this issue with some people. Ni is for like long term thoughts. Ne is for like short term. So like short term means lots of ideas. Ni means aggregate data. Anyways, the IEI is like someone who is good with other people. Spends most of their time alone. I can't express how good they are at it. Like my dad. He's very good. His entire work deals with selling drawings to people, and he is REALLY good at it. Like near 100% satisfaction rate. He's an architect, and was going to do the engineer architect dual major, but naturally, that did not turn out.

IEE is pretty much like a person who has what I want, the Fi, but really doesn't want anything I'm selling in the package, because I go on and on about the aggregate data. Pretty much, I bore him, and he's too finite, and thus bores me. Quite a deal breaker when you bore each other. Of course, people being the kind of people they are, will try and goad the information they want out of said person. Typically, the extrovert leads. This is always a turn off in these relations.

My middle school science teacher was probably one. Like pretty popular among the people. Very science heavy. Typically, I'd be on his level, but also miss the point. He was kind of special in teaching, one of those experimental teachers. Surprisingly, he was not bad at it. Like, he tried to make the science all a mystery, and such. I'm like, I already know the answer, just tell me more info. Like, I remember, when we were talking about viruses, he was like hey is a virus alive or dead, and I answered the question, thus derailing the lesson plan. Didn't plan for someone to know. Hey, whatever, I didn't plan to not be supposed to answer the question immediately. Similar thing with the debates. I really tried to get Lamarck's evolution passed off as right, and I succeeded to the judge. I don't even know how that worked. I assume that my team put in some help, but I kind of split off with them very quickly.

Anyways, he's a cool dude. Tries to pretend to be one of you to get you to like him, either gets a cringe, as the attempt is really obvious, or makes people like him, because he really puts himself into it. I believe I'm either probably immune to such thing, or he thinks he doesn't need to put the effort in for me, as I already understand him quite well. While it is mildly true, probably not good enough for me. It comes from the fact that I really don't care about just one person, while he is but one person. I really care about things holistically, as opposed to just a one off.
    I've had negatives with working with him though. He tended towards long queues with regards to questioning and such, and tended to favor people who are statistically prone to having fundamental issues with the subject, like not me. I know very well, that if I am unsupported in doing something, I will absolutely flounder. There is absolutely no hope for me type situation. Like it'll screw up everything type deal. Like my history on the internet should point to that. Obviously, because I didn't do well in certain experiments, and he was quite surprised about it. Still did pretty well in that class, and it was pretty enjoyable. Got some esoteric and philosophical quotes out of me, which shocked everyone, I think. Or maybe just him. I don't know.

I hope this clears things up a bunch, and should be more coherent. I've pretty much been coached through writing this, although who is doing the coaching is kind of up to debate.

Oh yeah, I'll switch my thing back to INTp or ILI or whatever.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrenology

An optimist - does not get discouraged under any circumstances. Life upheavals and stressful events only toughen him and make more confident. He likes to laugh and entertain people. Enters contact with someone by involving him with a humorous remark. His humor is often sly and contain hints and double meanings. Easily enters into arguments and bets, especially if he is challenged. When arguing his points is often ironic, ridicules the views of his opponent. His irritability and hot temper may be unpleasant to others. However, he himself is not perceptive of this and believes that he is simply exchanging opinions.

http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.php?title=LIE_Profile_by_Gulenko

TIM
    IEI-Fe
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm with you on this, I type him as IEI-Fe.

----------

I have an IEE sister so there's some points to compare.

In general, IEE's prefer things to be... lighter, than IEI. Not necessarily because they're all bubbly-quirky, but because they take darkness more seriously. I push the envelope as a fun thought experiment; she tends to react negatively to this because, in her view, if I'm considering an opinion, I should believe in it, or it's pointless. In her more recent relationships, her significant other tends to take the role of her minder, so to speak, which is significantly unappealing to me. My sister seems to naturally just... find things to do. Out in the world. All the time. Not so for me; I've had to devise a Ti process in order to live an active life in the world ("plan an activity with a friend once a week", "take a walk in the morning", "text somebody 3 times today").

She always seems to find herself in a state of physical misery somehow and I don't understand it at all, it's always something about how she's tired, or it's stuffy in the room, or some other random personal crisis. I'm more in a state of "How do I do things?" all the time.
    Phobic So/Sp 6w7 3w2 9w1
    Bit of a comic books nerd, bit of a fashion nerd, a lot of a generalized nerd

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

IEI

IEE

TIM
    RLOEI 6w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stellafera View Post
    I'm with you on this, I type him as IEI-Fe.

----------

I have an IEE sister so there's some points to compare.

In general, IEE's prefer things to be... lighter, than IEI. Not necessarily because they're all bubbly-quirky, but because they take darkness more seriously. I push the envelope as a fun thought experiment; she tends to react negatively to this because, in her view, if I'm considering an opinion, I should believe in it, or it's pointless. In her more recent relationships, her significant other tends to take the role of her minder, so to speak, which is significantly unappealing to me. My sister seems to naturally just... find things to do. Out in the world. All the time. Not so for me; I've had to devise a Ti process in order to live an active life in the world ("plan an activity with a friend once a week", "take a walk in the morning", "text somebody 3 times today").

She always seems to find herself in a state of physical misery somehow and I don't understand it at all, it's always something about how she's tired, or it's stuffy in the room, or some other random personal crisis. I'm more in a state of "How do I do things?" all the time.
    I've experienced this as well. I once told an IEE that I could effectively argue any position, even positions that I disagree with. She took offense to this, as if something was wrong with me because I could detach myself from my personal values in such a way. She also would frequently say that she was cold, tired, aching, etc.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

what are the most apparent traits/behaviors of both and how do you distinguish them?
    E/I

you may notice IEE are lesser shy among my bloggers examples

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Attis View Post
    I've experienced this as well. I once told an IEE that I could effectively argue any position, even positions that I disagree with. She took offense to this, as if something was wrong with me because I could detach myself from my personal values in such a way. She also would frequently say that she was cold, tired, aching, etc.
    the irony is IEE can and will argue any position, they just temporarily sincerely believe it, so they don't think of it as being one they disagree with... but its all just as much a product of devil's advocacy

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
    the irony is IEE can and will argue any position, they just temporarily sincerely believe it, so they don't think of it as being one they disagree with... but its all just as much a product of devil's advocacy
    ILE is more likely to argue any position that IEE ... if it were to be type related.

TIM
    IEI-Fe
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On the topic of Bo Burnham and the IEI/IEE divide, this is him making fun of IEEs (well, and encoding an underlying message about loneliness and alienation because he can't help flexing his Ni-Fe by expressing meaning through farce):

Phobic So/Sp 6w7 3w2 9w1

TIM
    IEE, 9w1
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been told as an IEE that we hold a certain sense of charm. We're "burst of energy" type people, and typically work on relationships, friendships, hobbies, and interests in short bursts or phases. We can be sincerely passionate about learning or pursuing a topic or skill for 6 weeks or so, and then often we feel we've exhausted it to a fair level, and move on to the next thing. I've heard we can seem aristocratic. We tend to have an adventurous spirit. We like to learn and grow, and much of our sharing (which is essential) is how we process information. It's easy to talk to almost anyone and find common ground or topics to discuss. We're also very value driven, and we have a sense of whether or not we want to close or create distance within relationships according to our shared values. As goofy and bubbly as we can be, there's still an element of seriousness and depth in the level of conversation we seek. I think maturity has a lot to do with how extreme some of our behavior can be. We can be very animated when telling stories, which we love to do. Our walk can be more playful, and our dress style usually involves some "power piece", which we love, even if it doesn't necessarily go well with our outfit. I think we gravitate towards bright colors more often. At very immature levels, we can be wishy washy, sporadic, and not dependable. At more mature levels, we seem to instantly make ourselves available as sincere and soulful friends, and can learn to follow through on commitments.

My sister is IEI. She's much more reserved. There's a whole world going on in her, to which maybe 5% will be voiced or surfaced. She tends to hold onto her favorites for longer periods of time, whether it's a skill, favorite book or author, or artist. I used to say that, when she opens the door into her thought pattern, it was like opening the door to the technicolor land of Oz. Her insight is much more focused. To me, they can almost seem extra fragile or emotionally sensitive. They also don't seem to really know how to manage their time or money well. Their dress and makeup seem to be more put together or professional.

Just some basic observations. We have entirely different auras or vibes that we put. I do agree that knowing and experiencing them in person is essential.

There was a good thread recently on the differences between Fi and Fe in these two specific types, and how that translates in tolerance or annoyance towards either patterns seen in the world, or in an individual. I'll see if I can find it.
    And if God cares so wonderfully for flowers that are here today and gone tomorrow, won't he more surely care for you?- Matthew 6:30

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

On the topic of Bo Burnham and the IEI/IEE divide, this is him making fun of IEEs (well, and encoding an underlying message about loneliness and alienation because he can't help flexing his Ni-Fe by expressing meaning through farce):
    whats the underlying message supposed to be?

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talanov has collected a lot of data testing what characteristics are more common in each type and each IE, and it's kind of interesting to look at. If you scroll down to the first chart (Table 1) in this LINK, you'll see a list of things that commonly show up in IEEs with the more characteristic at the top of the chart and going down to those that aren't quite as characteristic.

Table 2 is also interesting as it shows those things that show up more commonly in IEEs than in the average person, but they aren't exclusively characteristic to IEEs and are present in some other types even more often.

Table 4 compares them specifically with IEIs.

These aren't diagnostic or anything, so don't take it that way, they're just correlations that have been found among many IEEs. It's not the personal experience you were asking for, but I thought you (or others) might find it an interesting comparison.

TIM
    IEI-Fe
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
    whats the underlying message supposed to be?
    As I interpet it, it's about trying to be an artist and feeling completely overwhelmed by an uncaring world.

If life is an ocean
    I am a deep and handsome fish
    A fish that's drowning

Art is a harlot
    And I am her sassy urban friend
    Mmm, bitch, why you being so selfish?

If momma is right and the world is my oyster
    Then I must have an allergy to shellfish

You don't know
    How could you know?

Plus all the lines about other people sticking together, being grounded, etc. And even the goofy lines are pretty self-deprecating.

You hope that through your art, you'll stop floundering and maybe you'll relate to people better and connect with them, but that's not what's happening. That "deep" world of art and metaphors is just #deep, it's not fixing your problems. You're still scrambling and people don't understand you (hence the bizzare similes and distracting jokes; it makes it pretty hard to understand Bo). You might as well just put a bullet through your head, and dream forever in some land where it all actually works out...

Might seem a bit excessive, but IMO the last few lines don't make any sense unless Bo was actually trying to communicate something. And "serious message delivered through farce" is, like, his modus operandi.
    Phobic So/Sp 6w7 3w2 9w1

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As I interpet it, it's about trying to be an artist and feeling completely overwhelmed by an uncaring world.

If life is an ocean
    I am a deep and handsome fish
    A fish that's drowning

Art is a harlot
    And I am her sassy urban friend
    Mmm, bitch, why you being so selfish?

If momma is right and the world is my oyster
    Then I must have an allergy to shellfish

You don't know
    How could you know?

Plus all the lines about other people sticking together, being grounded, etc. And even the goofy lines are pretty self-deprecating.

You hope that through your art, you'll stop floundering and maybe you'll relate to people better and connect with them, but that's not what's happening. That "deep" world of art and metaphors is just #deep, it's not fixing your problems. You're still scrambling and people don't understand you (hence the bizzare similes and distracting jokes; it makes it pretty hard to understand Bo). You might as well just put a bullet through your head, and dream forever in some land where it all actually works out...

Might seem a bit excessive, but IMO the last few lines don't make any sense unless Bo was actually trying to communicate something. And "serious message delivered through farce" is, like, his modus operandi.
    Sounds interesting. Like a play on the fact that art's value is driven mostly by coincidences and clever marketing, not actual skill. Not that skill and imagination don't go hand and hand with good art, I'm just saying, if you don't have the skills to sell to the people who run the art shows that sell your art for millions of dollars, you might as well be selling your art on the streets of New York for 50 bucks a pop. I really need to support that industry some day. Those people make good art.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrenology

An optimist - does not get discouraged under any circumstances. Life upheavals and stressful events only toughen him and make more confident. He likes to laugh and entertain people. Enters contact with someone by involving him with a humorous remark. His humor is often sly and contain hints and double meanings. Easily enters into arguments and bets, especially if he is challenged. When arguing his points is often ironic, ridicules the views of his opponent. His irritability and hot temper may be unpleasant to others. However, he himself is not perceptive of this and believes that he is simply exchanging opinions.

http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.php?title=LIE_Profile_by_Gulenko

This place sucks. TrappedEscapist's Avatar
    TIM
    NF 471 Sp/Sx
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, but what about an IEE 4w5? This is a different breed compared to the stereotypical 7s.

And what differentiates Ne from Ni when it's other-focused? Like, if I am observing others and making intuitive conclusions (I guess technically hypotheses) about them and their actions and how that ties into who they are inside, what differentiates the processes/conclusions of Ne vs Ni?

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1604 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TrappedEscapist View Post
    Yeah, but what about an IEE 4w5? This is a different breed compared to the stereotypical 7s.

And what differentiates Ne from Ni when it's other-focused? Like, if I am observing others and making intuitive conclusions (I guess technically hypotheses) about them and their actions and how that ties into who they are inside, what differentiates the processes/conclusions of Ne vs Ni?
    Speculation (Ne) turns into Ni when you reach a conclusion. Ne alone constantly kicks the can down the road, looking for more possibilities and never wants to conclude.

In my opinion.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast