Thread: Your Type

TIM
    IEI 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by uncivilized View Post
    I suspect I'm ILI because I generally default to trying to be efficient in my actions, but find myself mostly thinking about random things with no strong motivation to manifest any of it in any real sense. I also identify with that need to like people some ILI's apparently struggle with. It's a need that goes from being non-existent to pronounced at times, sort of ebbs like the tides.
    I feel like this all the time but I don't think I'm ILI .... help?

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    So the best question is if you lived in a society where stealing was against the law and a stranger stole what is your verdict
    I don't do verdicts... I think if the stranger was really poor, hungry or got really good reason for stealing while he managed not to hurt anyone it's acceptable.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fay View Post
    I don't do verdicts... I think if the stranger was really poor, hungry or got really good reason for stealing while he managed not to hurt anyone it's acceptable.
    What if he did hurt someone either by accident or not
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What if he did hurt someone either by accident or not
    It probably would be hard to prove whether it was by an accident or not... I think if it would be really just by an accident, I'd probably feel bad for the stealer's misfortune, if he would go there with an intent to hurt someone, the person should face consequences. But I think such judgements are too harsh, you can never know what motivates the person to act that way, what's behind that all and how much his pain or bad luck is behind such decision. It's easy to judge, but harder to understand. I try to understand, see the why behind it all...

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

It probably would be hard to prove whether it was by an accident or not... I think if it would be really just by an accident, I'd probably feel bad for the stealer's misfortune, if he would go there with an intent to hurt someone, the person should face consequences. But I think such judgements are too harsh, you can never know what motivates the person to act that way, what's behind that all and how much his pain or bad luck is behind such decision. It's easy to judge, but harder to understand. I try to understand, see the why behind it all...
    please let me think about it because you try to understand as HA.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

One thing is that you don't place things in any moral system for instance I would seperate to clarify and make fine moral conclusions on. I would say "If he killed someone by accident then it is as good as if he didn't do it so he should be let go of the crime." I make more diffinitive conclusions than you. This is why often Fi is stable and decisive.
    -

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One thing is that you don't place things in any moral system for instance I would seperate to clarify and make fine moral conclusions on. I would say "If he killed someone by accident then it is as good as if he didn't do it so he should be let go of the crime." I make more diffinitive conclusions than you. This is why often Fi is stable and decisive.
    Well... my decisions are usually open and I am indeed very indecisive person, because I can see all sides of the issue. I think there's always something good and something bad, depends on how you look at it, so therefore maybe there is no definite good and bad , because good and bad are subjective judgements and can't be objectivise... That's why I don't like to come up with judgement based on morality, which I think is different for everyone... I believe people shouldn't hurt each other, be violent, and disrespectful or do anything which might harm someone else's freedom... But I also believe I need to respect individuality and let people come to their own conclusions... and uh, I still really haven't came up with a decision lol, guess I am just really not good with that.

TIM
    ESI 684
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But, he did kill a person, did he not? Even though every bone in my body is telling me to let him go, I couldn't pass a judgment without observing that "killer" live. Depending on his body language, posture, testimony etc I'd either incarcerate him or let him go.

But a kill is a kill mar. And it shouldn't be treated with "if he killed someone by accident then it is as good as if he didn't do it so he should be let go off the crime" -> WTF. Forgiveness is one (good) thing, but this...total rejection of reality.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Well... my decisions are usually open and I am indeed very indecisive person, because I can see all sides of the issue. I think there's always something good and something bad, depends on how you look at it, so therefore maybe there is no definite good and bad , because good and bad are subjective judgements and can't be objectivise... That's why I don't like to come up with judgement based on morality, which I think is different for everyone... I believe people shouldn't hurt each other, be violent, and disrespectful or do anything which might harm someone else's freedom... But I also believe I need to respect individuality and let people come to their own conclusions... and uh, I still really haven't came up with a decision lol, guess I am just really not good with that.
    I understood however these subjective judgements on morality helps build a certain logic to systematize things and define what things are good and bad. Hence, I do not think that you are EII. I feelbas though you may be a perceptual type.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nondescript View Post
    But, he did kill a person, did he not? Even though every bone in my body is telling me to let him go, I couldn't pass a judgment without observing that "killer" live. Depending on his body language, posture, testimony etc I'd either incarcerate him or let him go.

But a kill is a kill mar. And it shouldn't be treated with "if he killed someone by accident then it is as good as if he didn't do it so he should be let go off the crime" -> WTF. Forgiveness is one (good) thing, but this...total rejection of reality.
    Yes he did. You being Se first need to see it to come to tell someone else to pronounce the moral decision
    -

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I understood however these subjective judgements on morality helps build a certain logic to systematize things and define what things are good and bad. Hence, I do not think that you are EII. I feelbas though you may be a perceptual type.
    I am not sure... People typed me delta NF or beta NF. I think beta doesn't fit because I generally have go with the flow, do whatever feels right to you, be true to yourself and just don't complicate things attitude. I like things to be chill and easy-going and don't rally care about social status,which betas seem to do. I don't know... I am open to more possibilities for my type though, maybe INFp 4 would make sense after all...

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I am not sure... People typed me delta NF or beta NF. I think beta doesn't fit because I generally have go with the flow, do whatever feels right to you, be true to yourself and just don't complicate things attitude. I like things to be chill and easy-going and don't rally care about social status,which betas seem to do. I don't know... I am open to more possibilities for my type though, maybe INFp 4 would make sense after all...
    Ne is the function that's open to possibilities.

I think delta NF.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

You look very lovely Fay. I gave you my final typing via pm. You are indeed a Delta baby. Maybe the first letter will surprise you. The Ne is vibrant and shows through in all of your posts even in your manner of being. You also come across to me as open, warm, and kind. Certainly a Humanist club.
    -

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Fay
    Please don't question your self-typing on account of Maritsa's attempts to retype most Delta NFs out of Delta. (This has been a problem over quite a number of years.)

fwiw, nothing you've written so far would make me think NOT delta NF. And so far it leads strongly TO delta nf.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anndelise View Post
    @Fay
    Please don't question your self-typing on account of Maritsa's attempts to retype most Delta NFs out of Delta. (This has been a problem over quite a number of years.)

fwiw, nothing you've written so far would make me think NOT delta NF. And so far it leads strongly TO delta nf.
    Thanks, well I think Maritsa made a few good points, that are worth of more thinking, but I am certainly not changing my opinion about being delta NF. I hope I am not breaking any secret here, and hope she'd be okay with me saying, that she told me she thinks I am delta, but IEE not EII. I can't say haven't considered it myself, though probably EII fits a bit more imo.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lowbcal View Post
    I am definitely Te/Fi valuing and introverted.

Also I think Se/Ni is much more likely than Ne/Si - so that makes me either ILI or ESI. The Ni leading description especially "feels a sort of detachment and freedom from worldly affairs" is very true. But then again, any introvert could have said the same thing imo, so this is not sufficient evidence. ESI is a real possibility too.

Although, I can see the argument for EII as well, since I like Si ego types, which might point to me being Si seeking. SLI nah, do not identify with strong 4D Si leading at all.
    The part about "freedom from worldly affairs" is what should indicate low Se. EII isn't out of the question tbh.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

List me some such "really good reasons".

ps: let's see if Maritsa is right and we are conflictors or not lol

Another thing:

But I think such judgements are too harsh, you can never know what motivates the person to act that way, what's behind that all and how much his pain or bad luck is behind such decision. It's easy to judge, but harder to understand. I try to understand, see the why behind it all...
    How does having pain justify inflicting more of it on another person? (Rhetorical question, honestly.)

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anndelise View Post
    @Fay

DON'T MENTION MY NAME EVER. GO ABOUT YOUR OWN BUSINESS AND LEAVE me alone. I don't try to discredit your work don't try to do it to mine. I reported your post. I want an end yo the herassment
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 09-01-2015 at 10:24 PM.
    -

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I seem to fit both IEI and ILI. I'm much more ILI when I'm alone or among unfamiliar people and situations, much more reserved and nervous and awkward and unapproachable. But when someone gets to know me and I'm more comfortable, I become much more IEI, very emotional and intimate and loving and romantic and such. Though I like science and engineering and can be really good at it and enjoy it, but I seem to have the emotions of an IEI. Maybe ILI is me developing a superego mask and when I let people in they see something else, dunno, but maybe. I seem to like LIE-Ni and EIE-Ni, but maybe that's cause I find their Ni interesting; it's like we give something to each other and it feels like meeting someone kindred, which is uncommon for me and quite a relief really. I usually have problems with ESE and LSE because they misinterpret or misunderstand me and cause so many frustrations from that that I can't help, but feel real anger at times. But all other types I can be okay with. I think I like SLE-Ti the most out of all the types though. SEE-Fi can be okay too, but their Te seems invasive at times.
    good bye

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12