View Poll Results: What type is Angelina Jolie?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • (ILE) ENTp

1 4.55%
  • (SEI) ISFp

3 13.64%
  • (ESE) ESFj

0 0%
  • (LII) INTj

0 0%
  • (SLE) ESTp

4 18.18%
  • (IEI) INFp

0 0%
  • (EIE) ENFj

3 13.64%
  • (LSI) ISTj

1 4.55%
  • (SEE) ESFp

0 0%
  • (ILI) INTp

1 4.55%
  • (LIE) ENTj

0 0%
  • (ESI) ISFj

4 18.18%
  • (IEE) ENFp

0 0%
  • (SLI) ISTp

3 13.64%
  • (LSE) ESTj

0 0%
  • (EII) INFj

2 9.09%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Angelina Jolie

Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Fe-INFp
    Join my Enneagram Discord: https://discord.gg/ND4jCAcs

TIM
    LII, 5w4
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Definitely ENTp.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fe dominant
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

SEE

so is Brad Pitt.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've seen her typed a few places as SLI, but I kind of think IEI, though I'm not sure and not an expert on her.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So what do we got here...ISTJ, ESFj, ISFp, INFP, ISTP, ENTP, ISFJ, SEE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    So what do we got here...ISTJ, ESFj, ISFp, INFP, ISTP, ENTP, ISFJ, SEE

Seems to happen a lot, either socionics is seriously flawed OR people in general suck at typing. Or, ya know, both.

Oh well

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Si-ISFp

Punk
    TIM
    ESE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by voiliov View Post
    Seems to happen a lot, either socionics is seriously flawed OR people in general suck at typing. Or, ya know, both.

Oh well
    OR (some or perhaps all) people exhibit different superficial IM egos for short periods of time in relation to different objects and people, but have an instinctive IM ego that only heavily manifests itself to those people they have closer, more personal relationships with.

But no one seems to like that answer...it makes things infinitely more complex and then people start to think the search for realistic social paradigms between individual people are impossible.

Plus it probably doesn't help that philosophically speaking our personalities are also shaped and formed by the people and relationships we partake in, as much it is by our own instinctive drives.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh well
    The latter is the most likely answer imo.

Also ISFp.

..so give me your wallet and.. eSDe's Avatar
    TIM
    LIE, 6w5, soc/sp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She looks like preety SEI

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think ISFps our hot.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh well
    No no, Angelina Jolie just sucks at being typed.
    It is easier for the eye of a camel to pass through a rich man than for a needle to enter the kingdom of heaven.

Creepy-Snaps

Quote Originally Posted by poli View Post
    I think ISFps our hot.
    *are

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    No no, Angelina Jolie just sucks at being typed.
    You typed "Angelina Jolie" correctly.

Imho, Angelina Jolie does come across very melancholic in interviews, according to Gulenko's 4 temperaments. This would correlate with Introverted+Irrational. I know socionics.us types her as ISTp, which I think is possible. I think INTp is the least likely, since she doesn't come across as firm in her ideas or seem that intensely critical by nature.

So my guess is either ISTp, ISFp, or INFp. All seem viable. Especially from a 3rd person point of view. And as Milkor pointed out, you'd probably have to personally meet her to get a better idea what exactly her type is.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People suck at typing, it should be obvious.

Will look at the interview later.

Keep in mind that Rose is EIE.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Milkor View Post
    OR (some or perhaps all) people exhibit different superficial IM egos for short periods of time in relation to different objects and people, but have an instinctive IM ego that only heavily manifests itself to those people they have closer, more personal relationships with.

But no one seems to like that answer...it makes things infinitely more complex and then people start to think the search for realistic social paradigms between individual people are impossible.

Plus it probably doesn't help that philosophically speaking our personalities are also shaped and formed by the people and relationships we partake in, as much it is by our own instinctive drives.
    I like your comments, actually. This together with people trying to interpret info about a person from their own IM preference biases is I think what makes typing not always very straightforward. Some people make their types more obvious to some people, some dont unless they're in close relationships with someone, like you said.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    > socionics is seriously flawed OR people in general suck at typing
    The latter is the most likely answer imo.
    Both indeed. Unfortunately, some too seriously use additional (and unproved as almost all in typology) theories for typing like - Reinin's traits, Gulenko's temperaments, doubtful descriptions of types and intertype relations, etc. The more such stuff - the more probability to use wrong theories.

Creepy-Snaps

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    ENTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    Both indeed. Unfortunately, some too seriously use additional (and unproved as almost all in typology) theories for typing like - Reinin's traits, Gulenko's temperaments, doubtful descriptions of types and intertype relations, etc. The more such stuff - the more probability to use wrong theories.
    Lmao. Yeah, you're all high-and-mighty by criticizing others' reasoning without providing reasoning yourself.

Care to provide a reason for "ENTP"? Or are you just butthurt that people disagreed with you?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Dew View Post
    you're all high-and-mighty by criticizing others' reasoning without providing reasoning yourself.
    It's in mental abilities of average man to agree with what I've said above without additional info from me. You should try again.

Care to provide a reason for "ENTP"?
    Of cause. I feel so. Intuitively from her non-verbal behavior. It's enough reason for me to be sure, when I have sure feeling.
    You may also try to study typing on examples in my list, then try to type people near you, and if you studed well then you'll understand that you've become a good typer (peoples' behavior, their abilities, and relations - all will be in a good correlation with base socionics theory), and will understand that a good typer I am too. As a bonus, you'll get high non-informed match with me, and.. agree with ENTP version for Jolie, maybe.

Or are you just butthurt that people disagreed with you?
    No, dude. I say important truth here, nothing more. If it butthurts someone, I'm sorry, those ones should to think better to prevent this.
    All is said, so discussion is finished.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Updated typing: SEI-Si sx/sp 4w5

She comes off as 'edgier' and tougher than the usual SEI stereotypes go, but the SX-first + emotionally reactive type (e4) combination does have certain edginess and sharpness to it. The typical socionics stereotypes for Si-leads are along the lines of self-pres 9 (sp/so for Delta), and Sx-4 would strike as quite different from this.
    Last edited by silke; 09-20-2016 at 10:11 PM. Reason: updated typing

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

my typing of her : EII sx/sp 4
    Just as e.g. "when I get logical and don't trust my instincts - that's when I get in trouble" (Intuition and Feeling preferred ..?)
    "I think more about death than other people, it is probably because I love life more".

Mentioned
    914 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

i find her impossible to type. like, i pick up on nothing from her.
    usually i feel like i can get a sense of who people are but she's just blank. its odd.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Past few days I have been making connections and since I want to understand how people are typed, by others, I decided to look into it.

The way I see it, she is ILI sx/sp 4. I can see how she has matured over the years and I would think it is easier to type people who have lived a little than to type based on youthful expressions. I find myself drawn to people described as ILIs for various reasons. I feel a kindred spirit in her. I don't know if it is the socionics kind of kindred because I don't know what that means.

http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.p...ale_and_female

Edit: I was new to the ways of socionics when I posted this. I still think she is an sx/sp 4
    Last edited by Aylen; 05-10-2019 at 05:43 PM.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I watched this interview that was posted on page ..2, I believe,

I really do think she's hard to type because she slightly mental..but maybe she's gotten over her issues? the younger her seems mental..the older seems more balanced but who knows, that could just be her new "mom" persona.

now she's all "women are supposed to be soft and warm.." puhlease.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I bet ILI

so dapper <3
    Man grows used to everything, the scoundrel!

-Raskolnikov

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

she talks too much about her feelings and her identity (how she's changed, how she "absorbs" her characters etc.) and she stresses the "humanitarian" side too much to be ILI.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AshSun View Post
    she talks too much about her feelings and her identity (how she's changed, how she "absorbs" her characters etc.) and she stresses the "humanitarian" side too much to be ILI.
    Again suggesting people don't evolve... The woman grew up and found herself a cause. Maybe socionics is bullshit? A person can't change and develop a cause? Bizarre. She's too dynamic for a type I guess.

-Raskolnikov

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chriscorey View Post
    Again suggesting people don't evolve... The woman grew up and found herself a cause. Maybe socionics is bullshit? A person can't change and develop a cause? Bizarre. She's too dynamic for a type I guess.
    So first of all your only argument for "Angelina = ILI" was "so dapper" . Then I bet if I talked about myself at one point or something pointing to "feelings", whether mine, or another´s, some fool would find it necessary to consider me IEI. But here it´s about the evolution of man.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AshSun View Post
    So first of all your only argument for "Angelina = ILI" was "so dapper" . Then I bet if I talked about myself at one point or something pointing to "feelings", whether mine, or another´s, some fool would find it necessary to consider me IEI. But here it´s about the evolution of man.
    What argument? I don't know Angelina Jolie. I won't argue a guess ...Dude.

-Raskolnikov

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chriscorey View Post
    What argument? I don't know Angelina Jolie. I won't argue a guess ...Dude.
    after this reply and the abundance of factual knowledge you usually engender around here, I have no doubt the type you claim is rightfully yours.

Ahh! Angelina is so sexiest model in hollywood industry who really inspired me when she appeared in wanted movie her style of dressing is superb specially when she wore a stylish astounding jacket i wanted to have this one and now i have by FilmStarJackets where i find nice quality of replica outwears...

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know her type but she played a Gamma SF in 'The Tourist'. It seems to me actors tend to play variations of their own types.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Neuralia View Post
    I don't know her type but she played a Gamma SF in 'The Tourist'. It seems to me actors tend to play variations of their own types.
    She's Fi as fuck, but from where I stand she looks rather Delta. I don't know about that other claim, I think a good actor can play many kinds of characters. Anyway I've seen her in Girl, Interrupted where she played a Beta ST sociopath and in Gia (Carangi being a Thinking type Infantile imo - the character and the model).

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I just watched one of the videos and I agree valued Fi seems rather obvious. Brad pitt always struck me as some sort of XEE so maybe weak valued Fi for Jolie, but it's honestly hard for me to tell from the video (or any video of her). No offense to Deltas, but I usually get bored listening to them in interviews and I definitely get bored with Angelina so it makes sense she would be Delta I suppose. I guess I just mean it seems that certain actors will play other types, but many don't. In 'The Tourist' Johnny Depp plays an ILI, but that doesn't mean he is an ILI. I also think its more likely for actors to play types in their own quadra.

Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Deltas are boring therefore anyone that is boring is delta. Brillant.

(Idk her type).

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blackburry View Post
    Deltas are boring therefore anyone that is boring is delta. Brillant.
    Deltas are old hat. This thread is so delta.

There's a lot of Fi in this acceptance speech.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

she has the intensity of a sx/sp Ethical type, but she VIs IJ (facially and in terms of posture).

and I see lots of Fi trough her videos/interviews ..not the random or group-oriented emotionality I associate with Fe. I have the impression with her it's more about values or searching for a meaningful identity.

TIM
    IEI-Fe-DCh so/sx
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EII 4w3 sx/sp

she always reminded me of a friend of mine with that combination . also in very small details, e.g. every interview i've seen mentions how she can't cook and is not good at such tasks ...

TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't receive a do-goody delta feeling from her at all. She doesn't look kind and innocent at all, but gives off strong, naughty, sexual beta vibes. Alphas and deltas are rarely into tattoos.

People who have typed her SLI or SEI: Where do you see the Si? Her facial features and body shape are repulsing to my Si DS. She's definately not my dual or semi-dual, no, never. I never felt any sexual attraction to this actress. She lacks that soft Si goodness totally.

I was thinking sure, she could be IEI then, but after I noticed her eyebrows look exactly like Jack Nicholson's, I'm saying EIE. Not like her humanitarian missions, friends-emphasis, to-me-obvious Si-POLR really go against that either.

EIE! That's why she keeps reinventing herself (creative Ni, Ni being inner consistency).

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Really? SLI... EII... EIE... ESI...SEI.. Can I have some crack?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast