Thread: How to encourage a depressed SEI?

Hybrid View

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suz View Post
    Is this by any chance referring to mentally preparing himself for chemo or surgery or something like that? If so, i can definitely understand an SEI being concerned about pursuing treatment. He may feel fine in the present moment, and does not know if he wants to ruin his present feeling of wellbeing for a lower quality of life that (temporarily) comes with a treatment like that.
    He does feel fine at the moment, no symptoms. Even his test results a year ago were all within the normal window. That might give him a false sense of safety. Thank you, Suz, I haven't thought about it but exhausting treatment with multiple adverse side effects which lasts his entire life span might seem a worse alternative to him at this point, since he has not started to experience physically the disease progression yet. Actually, this does sound like him

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Scientist View Post
    He does feel fine at the moment, no symptoms. Even his test results a year ago were all within the normal window. That might give him a false sense of safety. Thank you, Suz, I haven't thought about it but exhausting treatment with multiple adverse side effects which lasts his entire life span might seem a worse alternative to him at this point, since he has not started to experience physically the disease progression yet. Actually, this does sound like him
    oh one other thought i had is that maybe something you can do is find him a support group with survivors of whatever condition it is that he has, and put him in touch with people who have gone through the treatment and are living awesome healthy lives now...
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx