Quote Originally Posted by chips and underwear View Post
Are you sure this person is an SEI? My understanding is SEI is Si base, so wouldn't they likely be health conscious and taking the steps towards improving their health? Maybe not every SEI but I think they would be more likely to than someone with lower order SEI.

I guess it just puzzles me why the person won't get treated if he knows its going to significantly shorten his life span. Doesn't like his doctor? He can always get a new one.

It makes me wonder if there is some underlying depression or something else going on.
I have typed him at first as IEI, but he insisted on SEI (his ex-girlfriend introduced him to socionics and typed him as SEI initially) plus he undoubtedly expresses alpha values and is caring, thus, I decided to agree that he is SEI, just deeply depressed one.

and yes, I'm not a shrink but I know him for way long and IMHO depression is there for at least past 3-4 years (which is according to scientific papers a very common side effect of his condition btw). I base that conclusion on behavioral changes, loss of employment etc