Thread: Si vulnerable / painful PoLR function of ENTjs and ENFjs

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    lmao jesus you two are such little bitches. blah blah deign blah i am too aristocratic to need food.
    lol. The only "bitches" are the people who are blindly dependent on their vile bodies, responding eagerly to every push and pull like their futile existence hinges on the consumption of the next burger. I prefer psychological control; deprivation is just a natural consequence.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    lol. The only "bitches" are the people who are blindly dependent on their vile bodies, responding eagerly to every push and pull like their futile existence hinges on the consumption of the next burger. I prefer psychological control; deprivation is just a natural consequence.
    what about a futile existence hinging upon the smoke of the next cigar? such psychological control, you poor nicotine deprived soul. *head pat*
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what about a futile existence hinging upon the smoke of the next cigar? such psychological control, you poor nicotine deprived soul. *head pat*
    Fuck off! I've been abstaining for a week.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I cook as a hobby, but not as a chore. This means I cook when and if I feel like it, which isn't very often. When I do, I decide on a dish or a combination of ingredients that I want and look up recipes online. I read a handful and then pick what sounded best out of each of them and make it without following a recipe. I don't mind using expensive ingredients because it had better be awesome if it's going to be worth the effort. I am known among my immediate family and relatives as an excellent cook.

When driving, I get somewhat irritable when people tell me that I'm driving too fast for traffic or road conditions or any such thing for reasons specified in this post.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lmao jesus you two are such little bitches. blah blah deign blah i am too aristocratic to need food.
    Why would I eat slop when I can live off of spirit and will?

anyway i am a great cook and i enjoy cooking. might just be my upbringing though, since my dad's a chef and my mom went to culinary school. i'm pretty resourceful and good at using whatever's available to improvise meals. i don't use recipes or anything, i just teach myself or ask my dad.
    Yeah, I'd marry you let you serve me.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    Why would I eat slop when I can live off of spirit and will?
    You sure it's not just being too lazy to eat?
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I eat my own discontent; it fills me enough.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    I LOVE cereal!!! Life is my favorite.
    Mine too!!
    Along with Honey Bunches of Oats (esp with strawberries or peaches). Though I have cereal phases where I will crave it for a couple meals a day and then I dont feel like eating cereal for a while.

As for the original question, it's true I will tend to eat food that needs minimal preparation, like cold food (mozzarella sticks, hummus with toast, cream cheese on toast, raw eggs, carrot sticks, raw sugar snap peas) or frozen dinners (has to be decent-tasting though, like trader joe's chicken tikka masala).

I will make salad once in a while, but even that is a bit too involved--I've simplified the process over the years to the following:
    --buy prepackaged lettuce that is already cut, baby spinach, already sliced mushrooms, cherry or grape tomatoes, baby carrots so the only thing that really needs to be cut is onion and maybe cucumber or green/red pepper if I feel like including that.
    --combine the entire contents of the packages in a HUGE airtight rubbermaid container (except mushrooms and cucumber--they made the salad go bad quicker, no dressing either for storage)
    --grab a handful into a bowl for a meal, add mushrooms/cucumbers if i feel like it, add cherry-sized ciliegine if i feel like it, add 50% balsamic vinegar/olive oil mixed together.

But see that still requires some work, so even when i'm thinking, ok need to step up the veggies, I will buy the salad materials but then they will sit in the fridge for like a week before i muster up the motivation to actually make the thing. So to step up the veggies, sometimes i will just buy a big bottle of V8 and my meal will consist of a mozzarrella stick or other piece of cheese with a glass of V8. MMMMMMMMMM

Once in a while, I will have phases where i feel like cooking. Like, one time I was really fascinated by indian cooking and wanted to simulate the delicious dishes from the indian restaurants but with less fat and healthier. At first I followed the recipes, but it took me a few tries before not messing up, and plus the recipes weren't totally perfect so I would just add a thing or two or change the amt based on what was good/bad the last time. Then I just learned the way I like it, so I didn't need the recipes as much anymore. But yes I needed to start with a recipe. Of note, these efforts were done when i had a huge crush on an indian guy . Now I just like indian food so i will still make those from time to time.

Under the influence of a couple of friends who are EXCELLENT cooks (one is EIE for sure, the other might be SEI or EIE as well), I have attempted cooking from scratch with improvisation (They totally improvise when they cook and it comes out great!). My results have not been so great, and it took a lot of effort--and probably the worst part is all the pots and pans to scrub afterwards! So I dont do that too often.
    Last edited by Suz; 12-28-2009 at 01:57 PM.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    Mine too!!
    Along with Honey Bunches of Oats (esp with strawberries or peaches).
    yes! We buy that too! My girls love it. Sometimes I mix the Life with Honey Bunches of Oats with Strawberries. Yum!
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    yes! We buy that too! My girls love it. Sometimes I mix the Life with Honey Bunches of Oats with Strawberries. Yum!
    that is so uncanny! i sometimes mix them too! look's like it's an iei favorite

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glamourama View Post
    I'm Si role, and i like to bake rather than cook. i don't do it often necessarily, but i always enjoy it while i'm doing it.
    same.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I typically eat slowly; oddly enough my SEI sister eats inhumanly quickly. I never pay attention to eating, I am always either talking or listening or thinking about something else.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm Si role, and i like to bake rather than cook. i don't do it often necessarily, but i always enjoy it while i'm doing it. i just really like sweets, idk.

i also enjoy eating food i guess, but i usually don't notice or concentrate much on the taste of the food in my mouth, unless i consciously force myself to. i tend to eat rather quickly with my thoughts elsewhere.
    How do you feel in the company of someone who does pay attention to how the food tastes and gives remarks or comments about it?
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I typically eat slowly; oddly enough my SEI sister eats inhumanly quickly. I never pay attention to eating, I am always either talking or listening or thinking about something else.
    I typically eat slowly, too, but with zest. People have told me numerous times that watching me eat raises their appetite.

I very often think (and say) I eat like an animal. This is because when I'm really hungry I don't really watch the way I eat in terms of manners etc, but do it as it comes naturally. So I sometimes feel the need to apologize by admitting it in advance, ie before I start the ritual.
    Last edited by Park; 12-29-2009 at 02:17 AM.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkster
    I very often think (and say) I eat like an animal. This is because when I'm really hungry I don't really watch the way I eat in terms of manners etc, but do it as it comes naturally. So I sometimes feel the need to apologize by admitting it in advance, ie before I start the ritual.
    lol, "You're going to be disgusted by my bestial devouring of this lovely meal -- forewarning." I'm the opposite; I couldn't pig out in front of people if I tried, and usually prefer to eat alone, primarily because most others feel like vile savages when they eat.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkster View Post
    I typically eat slowly, too, but with zest. People have told me numerous times that watching me eat raises their appetite.

Ew. EW. EWWWWWWW. This is JUST like my LSE roommate; if I didn't have any pride, I would have PLEADED with him to not slop his fucking cheesy pasta...god I can't even talk about it...

I mean, I'm bad at controlling my eating noises, but COME ON AT LEAST I FUCKING TRY GODDAMMIT. Once in a while I will get myself really fucking messy eating some ribs, and yeah, then I will really dig in, but only because it makes me feel like a fucking predator and I get to do shit like pick my teeth with the bones. Otherwise I try to be mannerly, because eating noises make me want to throw my whole plate in the trash and spend the rest of the night in the bathroom.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

primarily because most others feel like vile savages when they eat.
    This is why I keep you.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol, "You're going to be disgusted by my bestial devouring of this lovely meal -- forewarning." I'm the opposite; I couldn't pig out in front of people if I tried, and usually prefer to eat alone, primarily because most others feel like vile savages when they eat.
    Ew. EW. EWWWWWWW. This is JUST like my LSE roommate; if I didn't have any pride, I would have PLEADED with him to not slop his fucking cheesy pasta...god I can't even talk about it...

I mean, I'm bad at controlling my eating noises, but COME ON AT LEAST I FUCKING TRY GODDAMMIT. Once in a while I will get myself really fucking messy eating some ribs, and yeah, then I will really dig in, but only because it makes me feel like a fucking predator and I get to do shit like pick my teeth with the bones. Otherwise I try to be mannerly, because eating noises make me want to throw my whole plate in the trash and spend the rest of the night in the bathroom.
    LMFAO! You guys have just made my day... *burp* I mean, night.

The thing is though, most people aren't repelled by how I eat, but on the contrary, they've said they like watching me eat. I would suppose they find it highly inspiring and motivational. It's probably something like listening to a great song that begs you to sing along, or something...

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lmao... fucking sasquatch
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LMFAO! You guys made my day... *burp* I mean, night.

The thing is though, most people aren't repelled by how I eat, but on the contrary, they like watching me. (Or so they've said)
    Whenever someone around me eats like a slob, I get a powerful urge to lodge a double-pointed spear in their mouth.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whenever someone around me eats like a slob, I get a powerful urge to lodge a double-pointed spear in their mouth.
    Please care little enough some day to actually do it...

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please care little enough some day to actually do it...
    Get me and David on acid, and I just might.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is JUST like my LSE roommate;
    Is that the same one who was once SLI, then permutated to LSI, has now gone LSE, and god knows what surrogate mutations he'll undergo in very near future?

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is that the same one who was once SLI, then permutated to LSI, has now gone LSE, and god knows what surrogate mutations he'll undergo in very near future?
    Actually he began as LIE at first, then LSI when we became good friends and I realized I was the only person in the world who could put up with him , then LSE when I got some outside input on the situation, then SLI, now LSE again. I've been confident we're super-egos since I settled on him as Delta ST, so his type fluctuates with mine

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Get me and David on acid, and I just might.
    Don't get my hopes up...

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    Same. idk why, but I've never liked eating with or around other people.
    To me, it's no different than taking a shit with people. It's just a matter of aesthetic appreciation. If shit smelled good and nudity became the fad, everyone would be doing it.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm Si role, and i like to bake rather than cook. i don't do it often necessarily, but i always enjoy it while i'm doing it. i just really like sweets, idk.

i also enjoy eating food i guess, but i usually don't notice or concentrate much on the taste of the food in my mouth, unless i consciously force myself to. i tend to eat rather quickly with my thoughts elsewhere.
    oops i'm Si role too! i get confused about the super ego functions still

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol this reminds me of girl interrupted.
    I still have to watch that; now I am compelled.

Quote Originally Posted by Mimosa Pudica View Post
    I don't mind eating around people, AS LONG AS they don't make eating noises. I always feel annoyed with people talking with food in their mouth, spitting it around the table or swallowing so it sounds as if they are about to choke.
    Yeah. It can actually be nice to eat with someone who also possesses proper understanding of manners and boundaries. And lol @ "spitting it around the table" (who the fuck would do that...).
    4w3-5w6-8w7

pigeonholed by type systems
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sure, it's possible my food is horrendously bad to some, but I've never heard it uttered (thankfully)

When making something from a long detailed recipe (like chicken vindaloo, last weekend) for others, I strive for very little variation. Left to my own devices, it's likely going to be tainted with the newest ingredient I'm figuring out how to use ('Black caraway seed oil' for instance) -- but those meals are meant for me only.

In your opinion, is it the ENTp (Ne) creative drive that doesn't translate well to the kitchen, given Si PoLR?

Have no idea if this means anything, but I'm a freak about freshness of meat - it has to be 3 or more days out from the expiration date or I won't buy/eat it... This seemed opposite of what I'd expect Si PoLR to be... (or, is it a strange twisting of normal functioning Si?)

-exILEd

(Still have to do an intro - Hi all, I'm a ENTp/Ne-ILE who loves to cook. Been lurking here for the past couple weeks, and only about month ago discovered Socionics after two decades of trying to understand the Enneagram and Myer-Briggs. Wow, I like it.)

Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg View Post
    In my experience, ENTp cooking is horrendously bad. Perhaps the worst there can be... their sense of taste is... AUGH!!!!

ENTjs don't like to experiment with their cooking. They won't try to put together a good taste on their own, and will instead use borrowed meal ideas in everything they do. They will give various excuses not to create their own meal ideas.

ENFjs will try to do all the cooking on their own. They will try not to accept any help. They will confidently experiment in the kitchen, producing unpredictable results.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nah ... the horrendously bad ENTP food doesn't ring true. That sounds like pretentious effort gone horribly wrong and unrecognized as such ... like ENFJ clothing.

First up we generally rely on the principle of OPF (Other Peoples Food) esp. ISFP or ISTP....although i also find ISFJ up there with the best of them. Then when i, as an ENTP have to prepare a dish for others i take an awful lot of pains (and time) .... For instance my Moussaka is unfailingly amongst the best out there and thats mainly because of the incredible amount of attention i dedicate to make sure each slice of eggplant is EXACTLY 6mm thick and when its salted & oiled the cover is EVEN.

Alas weak prevents a wide repertoire or an unselfconscious approach to preparation often observed in others. Sadly If i have to cook for myself over the long term it will almost invariably deteriorate into the basic and often banal.
    ILE

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Everybody's stupid, inconsistent, fucking annoying, limited understanding of Si:

Ni - internal field dynamics
    Se - external object statics
    Ne - internal object statics
    Si - external cooking dynamics of pleasurable household fields
    Te - external object dynamics
    Fi - internal field statics
    Ti - external field statics
    Fe - internal object dynamics
    The end is nigh

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh i think it's fair enough to say contributes to facility with cooking.... it also contributes enormously to sporting ability, health maintenance , art creation and appreciation, fashion, personal wellbeing, sex, recognition of commonalities in objects (classification), facility with mechanical devices, tools etc.... but in the end this is a thread about cooking and driving.
    Last edited by Rocket; 01-01-2010 at 10:25 PM.
    ILE

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol this reminds me of girl interrupted.
    lol i thought the same thing

I Iike my dad's chicken. When
    I eat something eIse, I puke.

But why do you eat it here? Why don't
    you Iike to go to the cafeteria?

Which do you Iike better?

Taking a dump aIone
    or with VaIerie watching?

AIone.

Everyone Iikes to be aIone
    when it comes out.

I Iike to be aIone when it goes in.

To me, the cafeteria's
    Iike being with...

... girIs aII at once taking a dump.

That is fucked up, Daisy!
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    I def. don't mind spending around 45 minutes a day cooking, if I eat "cold" meals for days in a row I start feeling unbalanced. Of course tho I know many people that have more patience than me.
    I am not a fan of cooking, especially when I am cooking for only myself. I find it more productive to cook for a small group (approx. 3-4 persons) as compared to only myself, assuming that I take the same amount of time to prepare the ingredients and cook.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbybeam View Post
    I hate cooking for anymore than 10-15 min. I hate the repetition of cooking and I hate following recipes....don't tell me what to do! I would prefer eating out more than cooking, but 1. I can't afford it and 2. I've got a very strict diet.

I also HATE driving. too much stress, too much aggression of the road, and I hate the seclusion that driving in a car brings me. I do not like being in control.
    I can somehow relate to what you have mentioned for both cooking and driving

I find cooking very monotonous and too long a process (from preparing the ingredients to making the dish looks aesthetically pleasing) just to get the end results I want. In addition, I don't enjoy following specific instructions listed in cookbooks on the proportions of ingredients to put in. When I don't enjoy doing something, I don't do it even though cooking is a survival skill.

Another reason why I dislike cooking is because I find it cheaper to eat out (at least in the country I am living in), provided that I don't go to the fine restaurants. For instance, if I can get a meal for approx US$3 on average, it is more practical for me to eat out than spend more money and time cooking for myself.

As for driving, I prefer to be the passenger as I would like to take my time to enjoy the scenery and daydream. If I were the driver, I would have put all my attention on the road and not be able to enjoy all these things. As such, I drive because it is necessary, not because I enjoy it.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
    it also contributes enormously to sporting ability
    nah nah nah, this one doesn't have anything to do with functions, really.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nah nah nah, this one doesn't have anything to do with functions, really.
    Any elite athlete will tell you that one of the biggest obstacles to success is injury during training ... will help to moderate this among other things. Thats probably where it contributes most.

When you look at elite athletes among ISTP i would count

Michael Jordan
    Wayne Gretzky
    Sergei Bubka
    Ronaldo
    Nadia Comaneci
    Zinedene Zidane
    Mike Tyson
    Pele
    Larry Bird

Thats only to list a few at the VERY top of their particular games. Name any other type that has a more impressive representation.
    ILE

TIM
    ENFj-fe
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think has something to do with sporting ability. Some people with polr may be good at sports due to influences in environment. Sports are very popular in any nation so some may have strengthened this function. I can't play sports mainly because of the fact that I'm afraid of objects being thrown in my direction and in many sports you have to move quickly and/or run, and I move slowly and run like I'm mentally challenged.
    EIE tritype 5w4, 4w5, 9w1

As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
    Carl Jung, "Memories, Dreams, Reflections", 1962

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Morcheeba View Post
    I think has something to do with sporting ability. Some people with polr may be good at sports due to influences in environment. Sports are very popular in any nation so some may have strengthened this function. I can't play sports mainly because of the fact that I'm afraid of objects being thrown in my direction and in many sports you have to move quickly and/or run, and I move slowly and run like I'm mentally challenged.
    See, the problem is that I know SLIs and SEIs that are bad at sports, just as much as I know LIEs and EIEs that also don't like them/are not proficient. There will be a tendency for the latter to consider Si PoLR as the cause, while the former will consider natural/environmental causes as the weightiest factor. Confirmation bias.

Moreover, imo, if some PoLR people can become good at sports thanks (or due) to influences in the environment...that kind of proves it's not the PoLR that causes lack of sporting ability, doesn't it?

Rocket: those typings are all over the place. and injury? I've been injuried only once, and look instead at RONALDO, one of your representative SLIs! He's one of the most injuried players ever. Think more carefully before spouting out something like that. Ronaldo isn't even SLI, I was just trying to show how superficial your reasoning was. (Comaneci is ISFj, Tyson is ESTp, Ronaldo is ESFp)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

See, the problem is that I know SLIs and SEIs that are bad at sports, just as much as I know LIEs and EIEs that also don't like them/are not proficient. There will be a tendency for the latter to consider Si PoLR as the cause, while the former will consider natural/environmental causes as the weightiest factor. Confirmation bias.

Moreover, imo, if some PoLR people can become good at sports thanks (or due) to influences in the environment...that kind of proves it's not the PoLR that causes lack of sporting ability, doesn't it?

Rocket: those typings are all over the place. and injury? I've been injuried only once, and look instead at RONALDO, one of your representative SLIs! He's one of the most injuried players ever. Think more carefully before spouting out something like that. Ronaldo isn't even SLI, I was just trying to show how superficial your reasoning was. (Comaneci is ISFj, Tyson is ESTp, Ronaldo is ESFp)
    ..... "I've been injur(i)ed only once"..... ? - are you comparing your potential exposure to injury to that of an elite athlete? - It's not only about avoiding injury but also about recovering quickly from inevitable injury.

I've got nothing to apologize for in my typings. And i won't be drawn into fruitless debate thats nothing but a red herring. In any case the alternate typings you offer without exception feature strong .

I never said that good or even great athletes can't have weak in socionics terms ... its just that when you look at the reality of whats involved in sport, strong appears to count for a great deal .... it also clearly shows up in the typing of elite athletes.
    ILE

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
    ..... "I've been injur(i)ed only once"..... ? - are you comparing your potential exposure to injury to that of an elite athlete? - It's not only about avoiding injury but also about recovering quickly from inevitable injury.
    Who told you I have never been an elite athlete? I've cycled at professional level for one year (before deciding there was just too much dope around for me to handle), and I still compete at decently high level, that's why I included my own records.

its just that when you look at the reality of whats involved in sport, strong appears to count for a great deal .... it also clearly shows up in the typing of elite athletes.
    Dunno, quick reflexes, speed, endurance, coordination? How are they related to ? It's mostly genetic.