View Poll Results: What types are most likely for Joy?

Voters
118. You may not vote on this poll
  • ENTp

16 13.56%
  • ISFp

7 5.93%
  • ESFj

5 4.24%
  • INTj

6 5.08%
  • ESTp

6 5.08%
  • INFp

5 4.24%
  • ENFj

6 5.08%
  • ISTj

5 4.24%
  • ENTj

9 7.63%
  • ISFj

7 5.93%
  • ESFp

11 9.32%
  • INTp

6 5.08%
  • ESTj

8 6.78%
  • INFj

6 5.08%
  • ENFp

6 5.08%
  • ISTp

9 7.63%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Multiple choice I don't think we've done this before

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    I disagree, but I can see how you would read what I've written as such. Like I said, I think that's where the issues in came from in those posts in Beta.
    Noooo there is nothing like "I'd read what you have written". IT IS INDISPUTABLY written like that, NOT AN INTERPRETATION.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by XoX
    Democracy > Aristocracy

And I am also clearly the narrator.
    If this is true then it leaves basically: ESFj, ENTj, ISFp, INTp
    She isn't a friggin democrat
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh yeah, and the intertype relations don't fit for ISTp, either... there's no way that I'm more similar to ESTjs than ENTjs. They have too much power to irritate me... I wrote a post about how they hit my PoLR.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

here's a description of Fe and Si in me:

I am an excellent salesperson... sometimes. It is very difficult for me to consistently provide the emotional stimulation that others expect of me (unless it's close family, but that's different). When I am trying to accomplish something, it's not difficult for me to read other people's emotions and motivations and say and do things that either make them feel comfortable or uncomfortable (depending on my goal). When I do this, inside I am groaning and rolling my eyes and resent the fact that humans need that kind of interaction in order for me to get what I want. Whatever, I can learn the language of the natives if that's what I need to do to get around. I am warm in dealing with clients, but it is a distant warmth. It irritates me when people behave emotionally (and I'm not talking about moods). I have always dreaded holidays, particularly Christmas, because I knew that I would be expected to contribute to the warm atmosphere and feel good conversations. I would be expected to hug people and look happy when I open my presents. I would have to act like I'm happy to see people (I do love my relatives by the way... that's not the issue). It's just so draining to be in that type of situation.

I am horribly out of tune with my body. I worked the entire time I had mono because I didn't know I had mono (I knew I was sick, but I didn't realize I was THAT sick) and worked for a week with whooping cough. I have always had a hard time sleeping. My eating habits are inconsistent. I often don't know that I'm hungry until I realize that I have no energy or I get a headache. I have passed out a handful of times due to dehydration and lack of the proper amount of rest. I have also had a few issues with taking too much stimulants and losing too much weight. People around me would scold me and try to warn me about the direction my health was headed, but I didn't see their point (at least not at the time). My hygiene... ummm... well, let's just say that I am mostly aware of my appearance because of professional reasons. I mean, I take much better care of myself than a lot of people do, but it's for reasons of practicality. I feel absolutely no motivation to make (or keep) my surroundings attractive. I do enjoy good food though. Sometimes I get almost obsessed with getting a certain food if I decide I want it. I also over indulge when I go out to eat or have whatever that food was the I wanted, to the point of feeling uncomfortable for the rest of the night.

If I'm Aristocratic, I'm an ISTp... with some really fucked up Si!
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Joy, to be perfectly honest, your dislike of beta reminds me of closet homosexuals. Fuck, it doesn't just remind me, it's the same thing!

If I'm Aristocratic, I'm an ISTp... with some really fucked up Si!
    If you're aristocratic... you're beta. If there is one thing that is clear about you, it's that you conform reality to your own ways.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I'm Beta... I'm way more fucked up than any of us ever thought. I dislike Fe more than any of the other functions and I have stronger Te than Ti...

Okay... I'll level. Eh... lemme do it in Beta...
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    I wasn't evaluating the assumptions against reality I was just checking where her own assumptions would lead. Apparently to ENTj. I once tested her using my test principles and that came out ENTj too. So in her mind she seems to be ENTj. However it doesn't guarantee that she actually is ENTj IRL.

I agree she often makes statements which seem aristocratic on the surface *shrugs*. Anyways she doesn't seem to be as "reputation oriented" in her statements as I would imagine an aristrocrat would. Especially ENFj. I mean the "truth is what matters not who tells it" attitude. If she really believes that then it is quite anti-aristocratic? And actually in one to one chatting she comes out as pretty democratic and straightforward in her opinions. But I can't make a good case for either option so I'm not taking a rigid stance.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cogsci
    Quote Originally Posted by Catholic Schoolboy
    Aristocracy <3
    Did you know that INTps are supposed to be democrats o_O
    Not what was meant.
    I had to evaluate the statement again because it started to bug me. Lol. I think I get it now. The "<3" was just tactical to make the statement easier to swallow and did not contain any symbolically coded information right? I kind of automatically assume INTps don't o_o I hope I got it right this time

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I'm Beta... I'm way more fucked up than any of us ever thought. I dislike Fe more than any of the other functions and I have stronger Te than Ti...
    Actually I think your "dislike for Fe" has nothing to do with actual usage. It's like, I like to do my job and get paid for it () but I don't like other people doing my job and getting paid for it (). And also that's it blown out of proportion

The "stronger Te" I attribute to poor Te or more precisely the tendency to "bend" facts by wishful thinking (Does anyone else notice the grotesque irony in this statement?) and a tendency to present information to be digested.

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    I wasn't evaluating the assumptions against reality I was just checking where her own assumptions would lead. Apparently to ENTj. I once tested her using my test principles and that came out ENTj too. So in her mind she seems to be ENTj. However it doesn't guarantee that she actually is ENTj IRL.

I agree she often makes statements which seem aristocratic on the surface *shrugs*. Anyways she doesn't seem to be as "reputation oriented" in her statements as I would imagine an aristrocrat would. Especially ENFj. I mean the "truth is what matters not who tells it" attitude. If she really believes that then it is quite anti-aristocratic? And actually in one to one chatting she comes out as pretty democratic and straightforward in her opinions. But I can't make a good case for either option so I'm not taking a rigid stance.
    No, no, please, by all means make a case (You don't have to take a rigid stance).

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://the16types.info/forums/viewto...=119842#119842

You make a good point about one on one conversation... I've had one on one conversations with a lot of people here and I'm willing to have one on one conversations with anyone. That's where you'll see as much of "the real me" as broadband will allow. Yahoo IM is a particularly effective way of communicationg because (provided you aren't using trillian ) you can see my webcam while we chat. Those who have done this have a better view of who I am, imo, than anyone who has simply read my forum posts and/or seen me in the chat (in most cases being gained up on going there is the social equivilant to going to kickboxing practice).
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cogsci
    Quote Originally Posted by Catholic Schoolboy
    Aristocracy <3
    Did you know that INTps are supposed to be democrats o_O
    Not what was meant.
    I had to evaluate the statement again because it started to bug me. Lol. I think I get it now. The "<3" was just tactical to make the statement easier to swallow and did not contain any symbolically coded information right? I kind of automatically assume INTps don't o_o I hope I got it right this time
    Sara is INFp. I'll start a thread about it just to avoid hijackulation of this thread.
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by snegledmaca
    No, no, please, by all means make a case (You don't have to take a rigid stance).

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmmmm results so far...

ESFp is in the lead with 10 votes.
    ISTp is next with 9... this is interesting to me. The description fits, but functions (Si specifically) don't.
    ENTj is next with 8.
    ESTj is next with 7... ESTj faces the same problems as ISTp, except the description doesn't even fit.
    SEE

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmmmm results so far...

ESFp is in the lead with 10 votes.
    ISTp is next with 9... this is interesting to me. The description fits, but functions (Si specifically) don't.
    ENTj is next with 8.
    ESTj is next with 7... ESTj faces the same problems as ISTp, except the description doesn't even fit.
    You forgot ENTP with 15 votes. BTW, ENTP is closer to ISTP then ENTJ, without having strong Sensing.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not counting ENTp since not one person posted anything in my "Where's the Ti?" thread. This implies that those were only "you're not allowed to have a type anymore" votes rather than actual opinions.
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If anyone can describe or give an example of my use of Ti here, in the "where's the Ti?" thread, or via PM, I will count their vote. The way it currently stands, the only person who even half-assed an attempt to justify why I'm ENTp was Kristiina, although there was no mention of Ti in her post, or in any of her posts about my type.

We know that at least 5 people voted every single type. This means that I'm counting 6 ENTp votes.
    SEE

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not counting ENTp since not one person posted anything in my "Where's the Ti?" thread. This implies that those were only "you're not allowed to have a type anymore" votes rather than actual opinions.
    How the fuck can you presume to interpret peoples' judgments like this? What if they actually think you're ENTp? Talk about Aristocracy: you just fucking shat it all over the place.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gilligan87
    How the fuck can you presume to interpret peoples' judgments like this? What if they actually think you're ENTp? Talk about Aristocracy: you just fucking shat it all over the place.
    Please explain how this is aristocracy. I didn't know that Alphas and Gammas are willing to accept anything and everything that others say as valid reasoning.

I stated in the first post that anyone who thinks I'm a Ti type should post in my "where's the Ti?" thread. No one has ever given any description or example of my use of Ti (to my recollection).

Just because I'm not counting these "default" ENTp votes doesn't mean that I'm saying that no one else should. And I'd be perfectly happy to count all of them if people are willing to demonstrate in any way, shape, or form that their vote wasn't just a "default" ENTp vote. I counted Kristiina's, even though her reasoning didn't include any mention of Ti.
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, until you provide some good reasoning for that statement (I'm not saying there isn't any), there's the

I didn't know that Alphas and Gammas are willing to accept anything and everything that others say as valid reasoning.
    May I remind you of your signature:
    Te also maintains an active neutral stance on all of the whole of its inputs, even if the whole of the input of one thought process conflicts with any of the other core processes it remains non-biased and registers them all as equals.
    That doesn't mean they'll accept it (esp if they can disprove it), but they would at least actively consider it.
    INTp

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did consider ENTp... I thought I was ENTp for like four months...
    SEE

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did consider ENTp... I thought I was ENTp for like four months...
    What was the reason you changed? I think you said you just really started to study socionics after you claimed ENTp, so that other opinion wouldn't really matter?

also, i think the person who is answering the Ti question (what seems like someone with Ti) is sneg. Kristiina addressed it more directly.

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dreikin

Well, until you provide some good reasoning for that statement (I'm not saying there isn't any), there's the
    i dont understand this. lack of reasoning is a use of Ti? That is not true. maybe you meant "if you take a lot of time to explain in socially accepted, socially common terms"

Te also maintains an active neutral stance on all of the whole of its inputs, even if the whole of the input of one thought process conflicts with any of the other core processes it remains non-biased and registers them all as equals.
    That doesn't mean they'll accept it (esp if they can disprove it), but they would at least actively consider it.
    ok since this was brought up i will get something off my chest.

being neutral is not the same as being objective, or at least objectively logical. and, to dreikin, it doesnt matter at all to the functional analysis if someone accepts it or not, or i assume it doesnt if we leave values and interests, desires as not completely tied to psychological functions.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington

i dont understand this. lack of reasoning is a use of Ti? That is not true. maybe you meant "if you take a lot of time to explain in socially accepted, socially common terms"
    No, not at all, that would go rather against it being a judging function. The type (well, apparent type) of reasoning is what I was saying is the oft pointed to Ti. Statements like that, where a judgment appears to be made arbitrarily, based on some internal logic, with no evidence provided to support the judgment (really, if this is so, I think a lot of people who don't like typing/speaking/explaining themselves/are really introverted/etc but are Te may get called Ti a lot).

ok since this was brought up i will get something off my chest.

being neutral is not the same as being objective, or at least objectively logical. and, to dreikin, it doesnt matter at all to the functional analysis if someone accepts it or not, or i assume it doesnt if we leave values and interests, desires as not completely tied to psychological functions.
    Not sure I understand what you're saying after "and, to dreikin", but I'll take a guess: "Functions and functional analysis are not everything, there are also a person's values, interests, etc to take into account".

If so, then I agree with both parts. As far as I can tell, the functions are simply methods of receiving and processing information. If nothing else, sometimes a judgment will come to a 'draw' (eg, lack of enough information), and that can accentuate the importance of other factors on a person's decision, such as cultural values (which comes back to the 'neutral =/= objective' statement.)

(mind you, the point in her sig I was emphasizing in connection with that was "even if the whole of the input of one thought process conflicts with any of the other core processes it remains non-biased and registers them all as equals")
    (and I think I should have put a :wink: after that second section)
    INTp

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1.) I am not counting ENTp votes for my own purposes for two reasons (but of course, I am not saying that others shouldn't count them... do what you want):

- I have already considered ENTp thoroughly and ruled it out. However, if someone presents an argument, I will reconsider.
    - ENTp is the "default" vote... if ENFj or ISFp or ENFp or any other type was the "default" vote, that type would be the vote that I wouldn't take as seriously, especially if I had already thoroughly considered that type and ruled it out. If someone gives me any reason at all to believe that they didn't vote for ENTp just because they "don't get me"... so I must be the enigmatic ENTp... "and besides, you've 'been' too many types, so I don't trust you not to change types again", then I will most certainly be more than happy to consider what they're saying.

2.) Msk, the reason I ruled out ENTp was originally because I was seriously considering ESFp due to a suggestion from Peter. Once I started actually reading other type descriptions and learning about types, ENTp no longer fit me better than other types. Kim and DeltaRho (or whatever her name was) insisted that I wasn't ESFp... that I have weak Fi and whatnot... so I started looking at ISFp. I was really depressed at the time, and I mistook depression for Si. I knew I was better at knowing how people would react to things than most people (which I now know is Ni), so I thought Fe made sense, too. As I learned more about socionics, ISFp made less and less sense for a multitude of reasons. At that point I knew that I wasn't ENTp, but I didn't think I was ISFp, either... but I was still learning about functions and model A, and I thought that Benny and Ashton were stereotypical ENTjs, and I did nto get along with them AT ALL, so it was difficult for me to consider ENTj at that point (and this is actually a large part of the reason I was even willing to consider ISFp ). I continued to learn more about functions, and the more I understood Ti, the less sense it made for me. The more I understood Fe, the more I doubted that I was an Alpha or Beta type. I remember making a thread in Alpha about how I didn't think I was ENTp, but I wanted to pretend to be ENTp again. Anyways, a couple people made comments about how Peter looked ISFj, which I thought was absurd... I hadn't read anything about ISFjs, but I'd participated in type bashing of ISFjs due to believing that I was their conflictor and that a few people I knew were ISFjs (shitty typing... one is ISFp and the other two are Beta NFs). At that point I checked out the picks of ISFjs here, and holy shit... Peter did indeed look like half of them, in both facial features and expressions. At that point I read the ISFj description and was absolutely shocked to find that it described Peter very well. At the same time, I was trying to get typed by the Russians, and posted this description of myself on their forum. When I wrote it I still thought of myself as ISFp, and was amused that they typed me as ENTj... even with a description of myself... because I wasn't anything like Benny and Ashton. That's when I read the description of ENTj/ISFj duality... and holy shit... the ENTp/ISFp duality description had never sounded appealing to me (and I had never been attracted to the idea of being with an ISFp... they bothered me), but the ENTj/ISFj description sounded like my ideal relationship. Beyond that, it also sounded a lot like the my relationship with Peter. I read the ENTj description and was shocked to find that it described me better than the ENTp description, and I started learning more about functions in order to discover if I was indeed ENTj, and if not, which type I was. I was getting a lot of resistance from forum members about the idea of my being ENTj, and a lot of them simply refused to consider another type for me... they had thought of me as an ENTp for a while, even basing their idea of what an ENTp on Peter and me. Both of us had been pretty much freaking out for a few months... me from the stress of a divorce and the stress of having a long distance relationship, and him from the stress of a long distance relationship and other general stressors as well. Inspite of that, many had accepted me as ISFp, and my new type suggestion, ENTj, seemed ludacris after having believed I was ENTp and even ISFp. The more I learned about functions, the more sense ENTj made... the more I learned about quadras, the more sense Gamma made... and the more I learned about Ti, the more I realized that I cannot be a Ti type. Perhaps I'll post about that in my "Where's the Ti?" thread. Anyways, at that point my understanding of socionics had grown enough to see that a lot of people didn't know what they were talking about, and I was irritated with not being allowed to have a type. That's when I started calling myself ISTj... it was a way of saying "fuck you" to the forum. Some people asked me not to, and I decided to just say "fuck it, it doesn't matter what they say, I don't need anyone's permission to be a certain type" and I started explaining why I am ENTj. Since then I have seriously considered a few other types, including ESFp, INTp, and ISTp.
    SEE

Creepy-aurora_faerie

trigun!!!

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol <3
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thought I'd add this here because it corresponds with my last post (not the lol <3 one )

I don't know if this is true for all types, but for ENTj, the most similar type in dichotomies is conflicting, then activity. This reminds me of a thread a posted a while back. I had obseved in several individuals that they seemed most similar to their activity, such as with myself and Peter and a few others.

I think this makes my previous typings for myself seem less ridiculous. ENTp is what I tested on tests that measured "P" against "J" (don't get me started on that) and I didn't know anything about functions at that point in time. I just took ENTp and ran with it for a while... then I thought ESFp, with according to dichotomies is pretty close to your type, and then ISFp which is even closer. I don't think it's difficult to see how times of extreme stress or depression as well as the fact that descriptions are translated from a different language and written for a different culture and perhaps even era can make these mistakes even easier to make, especially considering that whether we're trying or not, we're all forming archtypes in our minds that may or may not be correct, and all communication with other people who understand socionics (for most of you anyways ) is online.
    SEE

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aurora_faerie
    trigun!!!
    I thought that's what it was
    All Hail The Flying Spaghetti Monster

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

- ENTp is the "default" vote... if ENFj or ISFp or ENFp or any other type was the "default" vote, that type would be the vote that I wouldn't take as seriously, especially if I had already thoroughly considered that type and ruled it out. If someone gives me any reason at all to believe that they didn't vote for ENTp just because they "don't get me"... so I must be the enigmatic ENTp... "and besides, you've 'been' too many types, so I don't trust you not to change types again", then I will most certainly be more than happy to consider what they're saying.
    yeah that is stupid.

2.) Msk, the reason I ruled out ENTp was originally because I was seriously considering ESFp due to a suggestion from Peter. Once I started actually reading other type descriptions and learning about types, ENTp no longer fit me better than other types.
    I was better at knowing how people would react to things than most people (which I now know is Ni), so I thought Fe made sense, too. As I learned more about socionics, ISFp made less and less sense for a multitude of reasons.

and holy shit... Peter did indeed look like half of them, in both facial features and expressions. At that point I read the ISFj description and was absolutely shocked to find that it described Peter very well.

and him from the stress of a long distance relationship and other general stressors as well. Inspite of that, many had accepted me as ISFp, and my new type suggestion, ENTj, seemed ludacris after having believed I was ENTp and even ISFp. The more I learned about functions, the more sense ENTj made... the more I learned about quadras, the more sense Gamma made... and the more I learned about Ti, the more I realized that I cannot be a Ti type.

I agree you shouldnt give a fuck if people say you're a certain type if they can't back it up.

What it was about ENTp after the ESFp suggestion you thought didn't fit you as well, and also the other types you thought you were at that time. Mostly, which sources gave you a better idea of the functions? The way you said it makes it sound as if learning about the functions followed after you "changed types" or rejected types, which could theoretically leave you back at ground zero. I suppose it didn't happen in a linear way, because that's not life, but yeah. I would like to read the sources which have given you a better understanding of functions.

For example, I didn't think about Ni in those terms (as you listed as not Fe).

Also, thanks for all that work in typing a response!

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, not at all, that would go rather against it being a judging function. The type (well, apparent type) of reasoning is what I was saying is the oft pointed to Ti. Statements like that, where a judgment appears to be made arbitrarily, based on some internal logic, with no evidence provided to support the judgment (really, if this is so, I think a lot of people who don't like typing/speaking/explaining themselves/are really introverted/etc but are Te may get called Ti a lot).
    it goes against a judging function if it adheres to social standards? I think smilingeyes made a post a while back about how the judging functions are social; it made sense. How will you say that an animal or a plant or a rock will call something logical, or call something "right" or "wrong"? And well i know you probably weren't saying this, but I want to emphasize that providing no evidence is something any judging function can do. For example Fi also has a system of moral rules right, which they can justify or not justify according to the moral evidence.

EDIT: uh also if someone is making an arbitrary statement that doesnt mean that it has to do with any particular kind of logic, meaning in what "realm" it takes place, or whether it is expressed or not. Also i do realize you are talking about stereotypes, and i am talking about them being groundless (for the most part)

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What it was about ENTp after the ESFp suggestion you thought didn't fit you as well, and also the other types you thought you were at that time. Mostly, which sources gave you a better idea of the functions? The way you said it makes it sound as if learning about the functions followed after you "changed types" or rejected types, which could theoretically leave you back at ground zero. I suppose it didn't happen in a linear way, because that's not life, but yeah. I would like to read the sources which have given you a better understanding of functions.

For example, I didn't think about Ni in those terms (as you listed as not Fe).

Also, thanks for all that work in typing a response!
    For me, I learn best when I see examples. Abstract descriptions can only teach me so much. Reading poorly translated Ne and Ti heavy descriptions of functions didn't help me much when what I needed was to be shown examples of functions in use. Having incorrectly typed myself and others, I was a mess as far as understanding what functions were. You may or may not recall, but at some point I started making threads about model A and functions, trying to simplify and give examples of each as well as trying to sort out who was talking out of their ass and who knew what they were talking about. I think one of the biggest times of learning for me was when I started reading about [irl=http://socionics.us/theory/information.shtml]information elements[/url]. Suddenly the differences between things like Se and Te started to make a lot more sense. A few yahoo IM conversations with Ann helped as well. She's written a lot of posts containing the information she discussed with me, but I hadn't read them and in all honesty, still don't (<3 Ann). Having a conversation about it and hearing examples taught me a lot more than posts ever could. Mcnew's type descriptions helped a lot as well. They're quite Te imo. If you go to http://socion.info/cgi-bin/index.cgi and click on a type and then scroll down to bottom half of the page, there are descriptions of functional analysis.

As far as knowing how people will react to something, I always thought of that as Fe... I thought I had strong Fe because it's pretty easy for me to know how people will react to various things (some people call me manipulative for making decisions accordingly ). I brought it up in a few conversations with people and all of them said that they see that as Ni more so than Fe, and it makes sense because the focus is on the pattern of events, not emotions or expressions.

I guess what I'm saying is that a lot of the peices just sorta came together. Socionics was sorta like a puzzle... changing my understanding of the expression of one function would make something else not fit. Finally understanding that what most people around here had considered Te was actually Ti, Se, or the combination of the two helped. Understanding what "the intuition of time" means helped me see that what I had considered to be Ne was actually Ni.

Eh I'm tired and starting to talk in circles. Does my post clarify what you were wondering about?
    SEE

Creepy-aurora_faerie

/me misses watching anime

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For me, I learn best when I see examples. Abstract descriptions can only teach me so much. Reading poorly translated Ne and Ti heavy descriptions of functions didn't help me much when what I needed was to be shown examples of functions in use. Having incorrectly typed myself and others, I was a mess as far as understanding what functions were. You may or may not recall, but at some point I started making threads about model A and functions, trying to simplify and give examples of each as well as trying to sort out who was talking out of their ass and who knew what they were talking about. I think one of the biggest times of learning for me was when I started reading about [irl=http://socionics.us/theory/information.shtml]information elements[/url]. Suddenly the differences between things like Se and Te started to make a lot more sense. A few yahoo IM conversations with Ann helped as well. She's written a lot of posts containing the information she discussed with me, but I hadn't read them and in all honesty, still don't (<3 Ann). Having a conversation about it and hearing examples taught me a lot more than posts ever could. Mcnew's type descriptions helped a lot as well. They're quite Te imo. If you go to http://socion.info/cgi-bin/index.cgi and click on a type and then scroll down to bottom half of the page, there are descriptions of functional analysis.

As far as knowing how people will react to something, I always thought of that as Fe... I thought I had strong Fe because it's pretty easy for me to know how people will react to various things (some people call me manipulative for making decisions accordingly ). I brought it up in a few conversations with people and all of them said that they see that as Ni more so than Fe, and it makes sense because the focus is on the pattern of events, not emotions or expressions.

I guess what I'm saying is that a lot of the peices just sorta came together. Socionics was sorta like a puzzle... changing my understanding of the expression of one function would make something else not fit. Finally understanding that what most people around here had considered Te was actually Ti, Se, or the combination of the two helped. Understanding what "the intuition of time" means helped me see that what I had considered to be Ne was actually Ni.

Eh I'm tired and starting to talk in circles. Does my post clarify what you were wondering about?
    it does if you say that you mostly used Rick's site's description of the functions, and you also used Mcnew's. Then there is something to refer to when discussing functions or typing people. I wasn't sure what you were using, so there was no conversation to be had; i especially dont like talking about something if i don't have the right reference point (not really talking about perspective, but the right "system").

I am grateful that you take the time to write stuff out.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<3

I also think the dichotomies are useful
    SEE

Creepy-aurora_faerie

Forum ENTps, please state whether or not you believe that I am your identical. If you're not ENTp and have an opinion to share, go do it one of my other type threads. Thanks.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

:wink:
    SEE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12