Thread: Fi PoLR

Hybrid View

TIM
    ENTp
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Being unsure about one's characteristics and feeling of oneself, being easily influenced by someone else's comments about one's nature and characteristics - can it be prescribed to Fi polr?

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    357 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EvilTomatoe View Post
    Being unsure about one's characteristics and feeling of oneself, being easily influenced by someone else's comments about one's nature and characteristics - can it be prescribed to Fi polr?
    I don't like to hear stuff like this person has a dark heart or similar stuff. It is so final.

BUT I don't really mind to hear something to which I can build on. Well, it is not super important. I still think the core stuff that I need is derivable from other sources. Information, still and something that I can link further on. It is not painful it might be even positive until it gets too subjective and objective views start to contradict it.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    ENTp
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, in my case (let's assume for a second that my typing is correct), if someone tells me that I am for example spontaneous, outgoing, smart, helpful - I enjoy those remarks extremaly (relatively to positive remarks of other type). When I receive some criticism, for example someone will tell me that I am shy/nonsense/evil person, it extremaly saddens me, and I can think of it for weeks trying to reasonably convince myself that it is not true, but it does not really work until i am sure that this person changed her/his opinion of me. From the blow i get in such situation, i can safely assume that this situation is related to my Polr. I am just so easily influenced and "conquered" by the opinions of others, and I would like to avoid it. Would you relate to that @Troll Nr 007? Can it be related to Fi polr? Just tryin to figure what is what in here.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

When I receive some criticism, for example someone will tell me that I am shy/nonsense/evil person, it extremaly saddens me
    The weak tolerance for personal criticism is more expected from F types. T types just do not allow besides very limited number of people to touch their heart. Only F types are accented on people in general.

To be shy is not bad. Introverts are almost all such. Extraverts accept it positively, at least in the opposite sex.
    Evil - it's more about personal preferences in the concrete situations.

> From the blow i get in such situation, i can safely assume that this situation is related to my Polr.

criticism on any weak function can be accepted harder. but it's not only from the strenght how I've pointed above

> I am just so easily influenced and "conquered" by the opinions of others, and I would like to avoid it

in general, it should be harder to resist to influence in your weak regions
    but this mb not only from Jung's type. most people do not see this as a problem in them, they just trust to some info higher and do not feel bad from this

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Well, in my case (let's assume for a second that my typing is correct), if someone tells me that I am for example spontaneous, outgoing, smart, helpful - I enjoy those remarks extremaly (relatively to positive remarks of other type). When I receive some criticism, for example someone will tell me that I am shy/nonsense/evil person, it extremaly saddens me, and I can think of it for weeks trying to reasonably convince myself that it is not true, but it does not really work until i am sure that this person changed her/his opinion of me. From the blow i get in such situation, i can safely assume that this situation is related to my Polr. I am just so easily influenced and "conquered" by the opinions of others, and I would like to avoid it. Would you relate to that @Troll Nr 007? Can it be related to Fi polr? Just tryin to figure what is what in here.
    I think it's possible. I wouldn't use this piece of information alone though.
    [Today 07:57 AM] Raver: Life is a ride that lasts very long, but still a ride. It is a dream that we have yet to awaken from.

It's hard to find a love through every shade of grey.

Mentioned
    304 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It seems hard for an ILE or an SLE to be like that, maybe it's more a Fi role thing, introverts are more easily self-preoccupied like that. Anyway to me this looks more like F, over T. I mean we all worry of what people say and think of us, but if this becomes a major preoccupation then it's probably linked to an excessive focus we give at this field, rather than not using it. It could even be that you value contacts, people, wish to be included in their worlds- Fe, but feel trapped in the same time by your own Ti, thinking, which is poorly supported by Fi-role. IDK

When I receive some criticism, for example someone will tell me that I am shy/nonsense/evil person, it extremaly saddens me, and I can think of it for weeks trying to reasonably convince myself that it is not true, but it does not really work until i am sure that this person changed her/his opinion of me.
    I'm not sure this has to do with Fi in a weak position.
    Last edited by ooo; 05-24-2018 at 09:51 PM.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes.

Fi-1 is being unable to model people's character. Result is trusting the wrong people and overly dependent on Fe-2 to react to people.

TIM
    SLI 5w6
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have Charlie X on and it made me think of this thread.

TIM
    ILE-De
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aixelsyd View Post
    I have Charlie X on and it made me think of this thread.
    Science fiction and a lack of morality go hand in hand.

TIM
    ESFp-Fi 7w8 Sp/Sx
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fi creative here. In my experience Fi polar seems like it can't fathom that the interpersonal part of a relationship is cemented. Meaning what? To me its like they need constant reassurance of wether or not we're "good", and every time we part from a social situation the file "resets" and has to be filled with that info time and time again

I can literally not talk to someone for months and have no doubts. I can pick up right where we left off, because I measure the quality of a relationship in openess, shared experiences, and commonality in worldview, just to name only a few things.

On the bright side Fe third are some of the most fun loving and playful people, very seeking of a positive reaction from others. If they don't receive it right away it sort of eats at them, so I try to help em out there. Anyone relate to this?

TIM
    ILE-Ti VLEF sx/sp
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CptLandhawk View Post
    Fi creative here. In my experience Fi polar seems like it can't fathom that the interpersonal part of a relationship is cemented. Meaning what? To me its like they need constant reassurance of wether or not we're "good", and every time we part from a social situation the file "resets" and has to be filled with that info time and time again

I can literally not talk to someone for months and have no doubts. I can pick up right where we left off, because I measure the quality of a relationship in openess, shared experiences, and commonality in worldview, just to name only a few things.

On the bright side Fe third are some of the most fun loving and playful people, very seeking of a positive reaction from others. If they don't receive it right away it sort of eats at them, so I try to help em out there. Anyone relate to this?
    Right on the money

The nature of Fi-POLR really depends on whether its ILE or SLE IMO. Both have trouble measuring the emotional "distance" between themselves and others. SLE being negativist and Aggressor, tends to assume the worst until proven otherwise, or just Se their way through (perhaps giving the impression that they don't care about relationships, that they only want sex, etc.). ILE being positivist and Infantile, tends to assume the best until proven otherwise, and their Ne makes them more clingy and fickle in terms of relations. In fact, I think in Stratievskaya's ILE description it says that the only saving point of ILE's Fi-POLR is how fast they trust people and get into close relations.

In my case, I get into close relations very quickly with pretty much anyone that gives me a crumb of Fe If it's someone I'm interested romantically, usually within a week or two of meeting I attempt to "make it official". But the only type that doesn't find it exhausting or irritating (and actually reciprocates my feelings) is SEI.

As an example, there's this SEI-Fe girl I met exactly 7 days ago. Somehow we went out on 4 really long dates in such a short period of time. I asked her if it isn't annoying to see me so often. Apparently she enjoys it She keeps insisting we're just friends but I think we crossed the friendship line long ago already

TIM
    ESFp-Fi 7w8 Sp/Sx
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting

I'm on the slower side when it comes to forming romantic connection. Especially since It's my time we're talking about here. I'd hate to be tied up to someone pulling in a completely opposite direction to me regardless of the attention I get. If it's company I want I can go outside and literally talk to anyone, or find my friends.

Also, not to be negative, but make sure your time isn't being wasted on someone that really does think you're just friends and just stands to benefit from your attention.