Thread: Type this girl

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I found it:
    You possess a great deal of scepticism, which stems from your own experiences. This manifests itself in a pessimistic view towards your future. It often causes depression and despondency and leads to apathy, both in your personal and professional life.
    http://socionics.com/advan/prof/istp.htm
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISTPs are optimistic in their areas of confidence but not in their areas of weakness. The same might apply to all types imo.

Topaz
    The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, I'm optimistic that anything important in my life will turn out for the better - even if it doesn't. I have a habit of believe that most things will work out, rather then fail. Ganin can keep on sitting there smoking his crack pipe.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Creepy-pokeball

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    No, I'm optimistic that anything important in my life will turn out for the better - even if it doesn't. I have a habit of believe that most things will work out, rather then fail. Ganin can keep on sitting there smoking his crack pipe.
    I think he shares his crack pipe. (zing! z-snap.)

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Topaz
    ISTPs are optimistic in their areas of confidence but not in their areas of weakness. The same might apply to all types imo.
    That is valid for me. I am an extreme optimist in any T-related matters (school,work blah blah) but rather pessimistic in F-relate matters
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jadae
    Huh? Was that at me?
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Expat: having thought about it more, I could say that both the INTP and the ISFP I know are "negative"... but I think it's better to call them both pessimists instead. That's one thing that I've noticed those two have in common. They always expect the worse of a situation I expect the best from. However, I still think it's misleading to call an ISFP "negative" because that brings along with it a bunch of connotations that I don't believe are true about the type. But pessimistic... yeah.
    I have some thoughts on this.

Positivists - Alpha and Gamma extroverts, Beta and Delta introverts
    Negativists - Alpha and Gamma introverts, Beta and Delta extroverts

Which I think can be correlated to

Positivists - dominant function is long range (-)
    Negativists - dominant function is short range (+)

Which could be interpreted thus:

Negativists - short-range focused - they concentrate on the "job at hand", so they point out what still has to be done, what's lacking - so they are Perfectionists

Positivists - long-range focused - they concentrate more on the "vision" thingy, on what's to be done, so they want to finish the job at hand quickly and move ahead - they are "Improvisers" or "Pragmatists" or whatever

It's certainly not about being pessimistic or optimistic.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    That is valid for me. I am an extreme optimist in any T-related matters (school,work blah blah) but rather pessimistic in F-relate matters
    Not for me really. I've always had the initial belief that pretty much EVERY girl likes me. Also, I have the inclination to think thatif there someone that I want to be with, then we will be together. In addition to school related stuff, I think going in that I can pretty much get an A in every class. Sports related, I always think that I'll be the best on the team, etc... basically whatever it is I'm currently doing, I feel like I'm the best in the world for that moment, and that if I wanted to go through with it then it will always work out for me for the better.

Umm... sorry for that seemingly self-centered post, but I just wanted to point out how my first thought to pretty much everything is positive.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    Which could be interpreted thus:

Negativists - short-range focused - they concentrate on the "job at hand", so they point out what still has to be done, what's lacking - so they are Perfectionists

Positivists - long-range focused - they concentrate more on the "vision" thingy, on what's to be done, so they want to finish the job at hand quickly and move ahead - they are "Improvisers" or "Pragmatists" or whatever.
    I was typing when you posted this, but this seems to support what I just wrote.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not for me really. I've always had the initial belief that pretty much EVERY girl likes me.
    Me too, but this means nothing you know? I am sure every girl I like likes me physically, but what does this mean? No matter how perfect is my physique there's always something wrong. Also, this doesn't imply that surely they want to be with you. Moreover, at every moment in time there might be 1000 guys hitting on her. I know it's absurd but from time to time thoughts like these clutter my mind no matter how much I try to filter them with my rational fucntions.

Also, I have the inclination to think thatif there someone that I want to be with, then we will be together.
    Again, on the long term, yes, but I tend to get badly disposed in regard to little stuff,and easily suspicious.

In addition to school related stuff, I think going in that I can pretty much get an A in every class. Sports related, I always think that I'll be the best on the team, etc... basically whatever it is I'm currently doing, I feel like I'm the best in the world for that moment, and that if I wanted to go through with it then it will always work out for me for the better.
    I do too, but what does A mean? I could always have done better, rarely it's faultless. Even if I'm the best on the team, there is always somebody which is better than me on some other team, or something I've done wrong still even if less wrong than other people.

Seems to fit what expat said.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do too, but what does A mean? I could always have done better, rarely it's faultless. Even if I'm the best on the team, there is always somebody which is better than me on some other team, or something I've done wrong still even if less wrong than other people.
    Oh, I relate to this too.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, I'm optimistic that anything important in my life will turn out for the better - even if it doesn't. I have a habit of believe that most things will work out, rather then fail.
    I wish I could relate...

Positivists - long-range focused - they concentrate more on the "vision" thingy, on what's to be done, so they want to finish the job at hand quickly and move ahead - they are "Improvisers" or "Pragmatists" or whatever
    By these descriptions I am definitely a negativist. Which, I guess, according to theory would mean that I am also not an ISTp.

But it seems that it would be normal (and expected) for negativism to bring (lead to) pessimism and positivism to optimism.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That sentence has more meaning than all posts on this thread together.

Creepy-pokeball

Quote Originally Posted by Jadae
    Huh? Was that at me?
    No. Dont be so self-conscious. You wouldnt make a decent meth baby.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like an ENFP for sure. Could be an S but she seems to read people and be more self-conscious so I'd say N. I'm an ENFP and I see too much in common. Especially the following through part-- that is the quintessential flaw of the ENFP.

I'd say 99% ENFP, 1% ESFP. Nothing else seems even remotely accurate.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark
    By these descriptions I am definitely a negativist. Which, I guess, according to theory would mean that I am also not an ISTp.
    Well, I'm not sure that those descriptions are best. Anyway, it's best to look at many dichotomies together like Kristiina did. Even from the theoretical point of view, a shift towards one subtype could already blur this dichotomy -- it is sharp at ISTp split.

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark
    But it seems that it would be normal (and expected) for negativism to bring (lead to) pessimism and positivism to optimism.
    I think it can look like that to observers -- not sure that it is accurate from the point of view of the person.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rockingdom
    Sounds like an ENFP for sure. Could be an S but she seems to read people and be more self-conscious so I'd say N. I'm an ENFP and I see too much in common. Especially the following through part-- that is the quintessential flaw of the ENFP.

I'd say 99% ENFP, 1% ESFP. Nothing else seems even remotely accurate.
    No offense, but you need more experience.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Type this girl.

She also has a habit of making herself feel superior over other people by pointing out flaws in what they say. If you're generally a conscientious speller and you spell something wrong, she'll tease you about it, if you're generally good with math and you make a mistake with something, then she'll laugh at you for it, and so on.
    This sounds Negativist.
    But don't INFPs do this too?

EDIT/// I was thinking myself that this was related to a poor Thinking function. Possibally poor Te?
    Since when do you know my mother Rocky?

Also about this girl, if you are carefull you will notice a slight pressure on your spinal cord when you are around her.
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

care to explain why it seems like a poor thinking function?
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

care to explain why it seems like a poor thinking function?
    Using "thinking" matters as a source of "power" over other people... like, trying to prove they're better or something then the real thinking types... but don't mind me, really drunk post...
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12