At the LIIbrary yesterday, I had someone call in and ask for the sunset/sunrise times each day for the next week.

I asked her "For what city?"

She just starts laughing hysterically.

I ask her "What's so funny?"

She says "No one ever asks me the city. It's Minneapolis, duh. Same city as the LIIbrary."

I then go on to say that, "Well people do call in from other cities. Or they want to know for a different city other than the one they're in. Latitude and longitude factor into sunrise/sunset times. Also whether or not daylight savings time is observed."

She laughs some more and says "Just read off the times for Minneapolis the next 7 days. It's going to be the same time regardless of the city."

So I do what she says. I don't even mention the technicality that the cities in the Minneapolis/St. Paul metropolitan area might differ by a couple minutes in their sunrise/sunset times. On a large-scale scheme of things, a couple minutes might seem rather trivial but from a very technical perspective, they won't have the exact same time because their latitudes and longitudes are slightly different.

I've had requests from others asking about sunrise/sunset times, and they've wanted a precise time down to the nearest minute. None of this approximately 7:15 pm the sun sets crap.

Do any other LIIs relate to this scenario? Regarding technical precision and things like that? Do people think you're overly technical at times and just laugh at you because your way of thinking is just so alien compared to the way they think?

@Megane @ClownsandEntropy @Hacim @Esaman and other LIIs I failed to mention.