Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Video Type Me!

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I watched your video all the way through....with volume up to try to hear. You actually might be ILI. I think it would take seeing you interact with others a bit in chatbox to differentiate between ILI and ESI for you.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

ILI or LIE.

Your voice trails off a lot when you talk, which seems to be more indicative of Ni ego > Se ego in my experience, which tends to rise up and then mostly stay stable in volume. The way you react to Fe is more indicative of it being in your super ego (Role function or PoLR function), rather than your Id (Demonstrative, Ignoring). This eliminates the Fe ego types. From the way your eyes look and sit, there's pretty obvious Se/Ni valuing, and your eyes soften and suddenly focus sharply, which is a good indicator of Se/Ni as well.

The way you described your ideal partner sounds a lot more like ESI than SEE, honestly. You might actually be LIE sp/sx.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Solitude View Post
    Seriousness, responsability perhaps.
    I like that I'm independent, deep about things, stoic and can be objective.
    The video visually reminded me of Kate Bush, whom I've previously typed as ESI-Se, even though from the questionnaire you sounded very different as individuals. The rest of answers felt rather Gamma in their attitude.

re-posted for comparison

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    ESI. First impression. I don't really see IEI at all. People pick that because of your thoughtful side I think. Not really ILI vibes imo, but I actually like Narc's suggestion above of LIE. I could see a thoughtful/spacey LIE haha. Gamma rational. In any event, welcome.

Thank you! Just wondering what makes you think Rational?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    Yes. There are pics around. Not sure if she has a video though. I think she is typed ILI usually.
    Checked a couple of her threads, she seems nice and funny but some of her jokes or things she says wouldn't occur to me, or if they would, I'd keep them to myself. Also read her answers to the questionnaire, and I'm still unsure if she's serious or joking. I don't think I would have answered in that manner, unless if that would be the purpose perhaps. Curious what exactly about me reminded you of her.

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darya View Post
    You're exactly the same as @Kore in her first video (NOT saying you're the same type).

From your answers, Gamma introvert for sure, let's go with ILI 5w4. You definitely seem like you'd be allergic to Fe.
    I can see the similarity, this is surely due to the exposure anxiety.
    I am also being typed as EIE which is far away from Fe-aversion she seems to express/convey.

Also @Aylen, I see @Solitude as a bit more stiff and "proper" than Scape.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Although I don't type Kate Bush ESI, but EII ...I agree with the way Silke points out the "stiffer" IJ vibes.

Oh and btw ...Olly***** doesn't have the balls to tell the OP directly he finds her hot and he wanted to use another narrative voice and free indirect style for his own stream of consciousness. He is a good writer as a rule - his characters are extraordinary. If only someone wrote and published his books for him!

ESI-Fi is my overall impression. Solitude has a more "sensitive/emotional" side to her than I usually see in ILI. And not in a dreamy way... She seems to me rather stable and contained. There's a silent and maybe "hidden" toughness that I associate with Se creative (not as edgy and punchy as in Se subtypes). She doesn't look lax and casual in an Ip way.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sienna View Post
    Although I don't type Kate Bush ESI, but EII ...I agree with the way Silke points out the "stiffer" IJ vibes.

Oh and btw ...Olly***** doesn't have the balls to tell the OP directly he finds her hot and he wanted to use another narrative voice and free indirect style for his own stream of consciousness. He is a good writer as a rule - his characters are extraordinary. If only someone wrote and published his books for him!
    Oh we have a writer here? That's nice, I'm also writing something. I lack talent though, or so I think.

ESI-Fi is my overall impression. Solitude has a more "sensitive/emotional" side to her than I usually see in ILI. And not in a dreamy way... She seems to me rather stable and contained. There's a silent and maybe "hidden" toughness that I associate with Se creative (not as edgy and punchy as in Se subtypes). She doesn't look lax and casual in an Ip way.
    IRL I'd never show that or speak about things I said here, especially the way I talked about them here(example: the way I said I see love). I usually try to avoid such things or discussions on moral things altogether, unless I'm debating, bringing arguments/opinions with someone who makes it fun, or someone close to me, and if I cannot avoid it, say in school, I try to make it as impersonal as possible, and bring objective arguments, avoid as much as possible to say what I'm actually thinking or feeling, just because I don't want to have to stand for them, not to mention most of my views and opinions would terrify most people. My mother is an EII, and we think very differently, she has very strict moral ideas she goes by and she would never go against them, whereas I have a few too, but I can easily go against anything, as long as it makes sense to me and needs to be done. When she's under stress though she goes even colder than how I usually am, whereas I can go either very cold and indifferent or very merciful and kind. I also always had some sadistic tendencies that she tamed in me, maybe because she fed them Fi and I learned to be more kind from her. -This, or it just might not be type related.
    Anyway, the point is, most people would never guess I am that emotional inside, because I try to detach from myself and anything and try to be as impersonal and politically correct, and adhere to common morality views.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel I haven't been explicit enough there, so I'll say it in other way, For example, when I was little I liked seeing people or animals suffer, and I used to make my grandma's pets feel in pain, I instinctively hide it, but my mother saw me once and she told me that they feel pain too, and what I'm doing is bad, she asked me things like how I felt is someone would do that to me and other stuff like I should treat them with respect and kindness and should help them, not help them die lol, and that made me cry. So she always could make me cry or miserable for the things I've done, and made me see things that I wouldn't normally see. I've done alot of immora things, and I might not even know If they are moral or not, only had thins hiding thing, because I knew somehow eople wouldn't agree with me. As I grew up I changed and tried to be better and kinder, it's more like I tried to be that way and changed, I'm not naturally like that.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do not think being Fi-lead is all about morality, just saying.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It'also about being kind and having principles, own ideas about things, just saying that I would be less emotional inside and think lot less about whats good or bad if I wouln't have been raised by an Fi Ego mother.
    Oh I also suspect I have E1 in my tritype, which might be why I picked up on that.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I agree with stiff impression to a degree, but Imo the OP is clearly intuitive. And so is Kate Bush.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also a Fi Ego has strong Fe as well and adapts well in groups, feels okay with people, I feel uneasy when I have to talk with people, not to mention about groups.

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Also a Fi Ego has strong Fe as well and adapts well in groups, feels okay with people, I feel uneasy when I have to talk with people, not to mention about groups.
    This is called social anxiety, it's not type related.
    Take theatre classes, it will help.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kore View Post
    I can see the similarity, this is surely due to the exposure anxiety.
    I am also being typed as EIE which is far away from Fe-aversion she seems to express/convey.
    I got Fe-aversion from her answers, not demenour, although Fe lead from a video like that (or any similar vibe) is a bizzare typing : ).

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darya View Post
    I got Fe-aversion from her answers, not demenour, although Fe lead from a video like that (or any similar vibe) is a bizzare typing : ).
    X-actly

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

How would theatre classes help remove anxiety within?

Anxiety comes from worrying what others think of you was my thoughts, sounds like it is a way to act like one is not rather than rooting to the cause/internal cause?

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Words View Post
    How would theatre classes help remove anxiety within?

Anxiety comes from worrying what others think of you was my thoughts, sounds like it is a way to act like one is not rather than rooting to the cause/internal cause?
    http://www.helpguide.org/articles/an...ial-phobia.htm

You practice what makes you unconfortable on everyday basis and get more confident.
    Anxiety is not always what people think about you but about how you fit in(to) the world.
    Of course, working on your issues with a therapist is very helpful.

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

http://www.helpguide.org/articles/an...ial-phobia.htm

You practice what makes you unconfortable on everyday basis and get more confident.
    Anxiety is not always what people think about you but about how you fit in(to) the world.
    Of course, working on your issues with a therapist is very helpful.
    Confidence is created by taking on responsibility - easy to fix! Most of the things you listed on the link involve directly or indirectly taking on more responsibility, eg volunteering, taking on classes, putting yourself out there, acting is a form of responsibility as you are responsible for attending and doing it and performing. The breathing and negative issues come away when confidence is gained through responsibility ie gaining awareness and use of ones capabilities.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Checked a couple of her threads, she seems nice and funny but some of her jokes or things she says wouldn't occur to me, or if they would, I'd keep them to myself. Also read her answers to the questionnaire, and I'm still unsure if she's serious or joking. I don't think I would have answered in that manner, unless if that would be the purpose perhaps. Curious what exactly about me reminded you of her.
    It is nothing I can put into words and saying "vibes" does not get much recognition around here. You look a bit like her to me but I have never seen her in makeup, now that I think about it. Most of scape's charm, for me, is that she has people wondering if she is serious or joking. I like that kind of sarcastic personality that keeps you guessing.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't need those, I can act just fine, and as I mentioned in a previous post, I detach from myself alot, that's how I get through people situations. It's not hard for me to detach and act even in the opposite way than I'd usually do, but doing that has no impact on the real self. Acting and learned behavior does not always change the real you, unless it has an impact on the real you, and you can/want to change. I can act like a SEE or ESE or EII just fine, but this might not help me heal any anxiety the real me has or smth.

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

'variance in that energy I observed'- what do you mean by that?
    I'm not very familiar with 'what's stereotypically referred to as N interests' or 'what's stereotypically referred to as S interests', I like adrenaline, danger, adventure but I don't go for it by myself. I find it hard to engage in the external world if it's out of routine or smth that needs to be done. As a kid I was very energetic and stuff(always ran away from trouble though), but also very quiet and analytical. Now I find myself less energetic, but just as 'inside my head'. I like solving puzzels, problems, assessing potential. Se Ego is supposed to be very receptive of what's happening around them, I'm not like that at all. I used to play cards with a Se Ego friend and he would exchange cards right in front of me, yet I never realized until a 3rd person watched us playing LOL. I think I've always been an air-head in that respect.
    Curious if all ESI's are that way(considering I'm an ESI).
    'variance in energy' sounds all very metaphysical, but that aside I mean are showing Se traits but retreating.

Steretypical N interests, yeah reading a lot, abstract ideas and interest, thinking about complex stuff, this isn't what N *is* really but it's a carry through from some MBTI ideas. So I was asking because 1. You show some Se traits I thought but then pulled back, could be Se creative 2. You have an 'N' ish look about you too which could come from your interests rather than your type.

Well it is some theories so as I say ESI maybe or ILI I'll say ESI just now but might change my mind later.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Confidence is created by taking on responsibility - easy to fix! Most of the things you listed on the link involve directly or indirectly taking on more responsibility, eg volunteering, taking on classes, putting yourself out there, acting is a form of responsibility as you are responsible for attending and doing it and performing. The breathing and negative issues come away when confidence is gained through responsibility ie gaining awareness and use of ones capabilities.
    I don't think I have a problem with confidence, I'm not the most confident person, but I don't think I have a problem with it either. Most of my mates, coworkers, even family members think I have more confidence than I think I have. Most of the people I know told me I'm arrogant and I think that's probably because they see me as very confident, which is not exactly true, but the point is, my confidence is okay I think. I've always been very anxious, but I don't think that has smth to do with my confidence.

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I don't think I have a problem with confidence, I'm not the most confident person, but I don't think I have a problem with it either. Most of my mates, coworkers, even family members think I have more confidence than I think I have. Most of the people I know told me I'm arrogant and I think that's probably because they see me as very confident, which is not exactly true, but the point is, my confidence is okay I think. I've always been very anxious, but I don't think that has smth to do with my confidence.
    Oh neither do I, we just got sidetracked on your thread. If anything your issues are processing your confidence in a malleable format, but I am not a psychologist and not here to be one. As you were.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

'variance in energy' sounds all very metaphysical, but that aside I mean are showing Se traits but retreating.

Steretypical N interests, yeah reading a lot, abstract ideas and interest, thinking about complex stuff, this isn't what N *is* really but it's a carry through from some MBTI ideas. So I was asking because 1. You show some Se traits I thought but then pulled back, could be Se creative 2. You have an 'N' ish look about you too which could come from your interests rather than your type.

Well it is some theories so as I say ESI maybe or ILI I'll say ESI just now but might change my mind later.
    I see. Funny, I just realized what I was doing, and I think you all should know it too. If you guys tell me I'm NiTe, I will bring Fi arguments, and my 'emotional side' in, if I'm being told I'm FiSe, I will bring in Ni, weak Se etc. I just realized I do this alot in debates, either playing the devil's advocate, or bringing in arguments or ideas that clash with what the other person/s say. Just thought you should know that and why I do this. (I guess I do this until new information or irrefutable conclusions come in that help the converstion move forward in either direction).
    I find ILI more accurate, but I will not truly dismiss ESI either(even if I am apparently, because I don't have many Se ego arguments lol).
    I appreciate when everyone states their reason as to why and how they came to their conclusions,. I thank to everyone who took time and replied in this thread, and still looking forword to your thoughts and typing.

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

I don't need those, I can act just fine, and as I mentioned in a previous post, I detach from myself alot, that's how I get through people situations. It's not hard for me to detach and act even in the opposite way than I'd usually do, but doing that has no impact on the real self. Acting and learned behavior does not always change the real you, unless it has an impact on the real you, and you can/want to change. I can act like a SEE or ESE or EII just fine, but this might not help me heal any anxiety the real me has or smth.
    You contradict yourself.

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

I did not mean the personal confidence. Mine is just fine still I can be overwhelmed in social interactions.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You contradict yourself.
    I said I am a very anxious person, and don't like stressful situations, especially if there are peole or many people involved, I never said I cannot act and hide my anxiety, play my part, even if that involves acting by detaching of myself. I'm very capable of getting through things, but that doesn't mean I enjoy it, and just because I can put up a facade, doesn't make it more appealing to my real self, nor I'm natural at doing this, I learned alot of things to be able to do that.
    Now, I'm anxious, but I can function okay in most situations, it's learned behavior, executed through detachment, that does not touch my real self though. I don't find that I contradict myself at all, actually; doesn't this make sense to you?

Mentioned
    760 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I did not get a chance to go thru your video with sound but I think you could be ILI, maybe ILE but I don't know if this is right.

I thought you were SLE-Ti from the first few moments of watching your video but I'm getting the idea you're intuitive and irrational and logical so that puts you in xNTP.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitude
    'variance in that energy I observed'- what do you mean by that?
    I'm not very familiar with 'what's stereotypically referred to as N interests' or 'what's stereotypically referred to as S interests', I like adrenaline, danger, adventure but I don't go for it by myself. I find it hard to engage in the external world if it's out of routine or smth that needs to be done. As a kid I was very energetic and stuff(always ran away from trouble though), but also very quiet and analytical. Now I find myself less energetic, but just as 'inside my head'. I like solving puzzels, problems, assessing potential. Se Ego is supposed to be very receptive of what's happening around them, I'm not like that at all. I used to play cards with a Se Ego friend and he would exchange cards right in front of me, yet I never realized until a 3rd person watched us playing LOL. I think I've always been an air-head in that respect.
    Curious if all ESI's are that way(considering I'm an ESI).
    I think this puts you into intuitive almost for sure but I'm not sure if you're Ne base or Ni base.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mu4 View Post
    I did not get a chance to go thru your video with sound but I think you could be ILI, maybe ILE but I don't know if this is right.

I thought you were SLE-Ti from the first few moments of watching your video but I'm getting the idea you're intuitive and irrational and logical so that puts you in xNTP.

I think this puts you into intuitive almost for sure but I'm not sure if you're Ne base or Ni base.
    Oh my, ILE is new, I never considered it, but it's interesting, I mean what made you considered that?
    SLE and ILE... wondering what made you thought about Ti Ego...
    And what makes you say intuitive and irrational and logical? Sorry about so many questions, but I'm very interested in the 'why' of things.

Mentioned
    760 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

FWIW, LII testing, ILI demeanor + energetic as a child, it could be you have a mask and are actually ILE, this particular mask is described in this article.

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...nd-troubles-us

ILE's are a introverted extrotim, I have a post here about the kind of internal dynamic that exists for Extroverted intuition

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...89#post1076689

I like your video tho, you definitely seem intuitive, or at least all your verbalization showed you were turning inward, your eye movements are fairly characteristic of thinking and retrieving thoughts, memories and experiences.

Mentioned
    760 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Oh my, ILE is new, I never considered it, but it's interesting, I mean what made you considered that?
    SLE and ILE... wondering what made you thought about Ti Ego...
    And what makes you say intuitive and irrational and logical? Sorry about so many questions, but I'm very interested in the 'why' of things.
    I responded a bit more but I can probably go on a bit.

I think sensor is quite unlikely. After just initial impressions I think you're a very mental person and are really not paying attention to your environment, in your video your gaze was firmly rooted in your mind and not at the camera or any sort of sensory experience.

I had a typing of ILI pretty fast but I didn't want to just fixate on it because ILE's can often seem LII/ILI-ish and I wanted to just make sure I did the analysis before I excluded it.

Also my initial impressions of SLE-Ti made me want to go there as they can look quite similar to ILE.

You seen inquisitive, some sort of researcher club, I can't really rule out ILI or ILE but I don't see any reason why you're for sure Fi valuing.

Also it seems like maybe your relationship with your mom is Revision/supervision, if you were ILI this would be benefit relations with you as the benefactor, and I'm not sure if the same interaction would have occurred between you and her.

I'm not going to ILI or ILE out for now but I would out any sort of sensor for you.

Mentioned
    760 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...82#post1076282

Really would not be suprised if you were ILE instead of ILI, it's quite common situation.

TIM
    SLI 5w6
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is all fine and dandy, but honestly, I think you're more likely going to come out mistyped if you depend on the perceptions of others until you really understand the theory, can type others well, and then see how you compare to other people. A lot of the reasons for this type or that are rather vague and veer into NTR area. Of course, it depends on the level of seriousness you have toward socionics. But until you have a better idea how IEs and types actually manifest, it's really just words and mutable meanings to them.

OT: I'm extroverted but had social anxiety. Someone suggested a theatre class or something like that. I ended up playing in a lot of music groups as a musician and that eventually cured me of it. Not saying a class will, but I think going out and overcoming those fears by being around people, especially where self-expression and performance is involved, can do a lot of good. Cheaper than hiring a shrink, too, not to say shrinks are bad (I thought about becoming one simply because they do a lot of good), but even so.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FWIW, LII testing, ILI demeanor + energetic as a child, it could be you have a mask and are actually ILE, this particular mask is described in this article.

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...nd-troubles-us

ILE's are a introverted extrotim, I have a post here about the kind of internal dynamic that exists for Extroverted intuition

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...89#post1076689

I like your video tho, you definitely seem intuitive, or at least all your verbalization showed you were turning inward, your eye movements are fairly characteristic of thinking and retrieving thoughts, memories and experiences.
    Interesting, I was not familiar with the masks thing. I doubt I'm wearing any right now, I try to be as honest as I can with myself and with you guys too.
    Your ILE theory is new, and sounds interesting, but I doubt I'm an ILE. You probably missed one of my posts where I said that even as a kid I disliked any Fe attempt, especially from my teachers, and a Te attitude is making things easier for me. I don't think Fe HA makes sense to me, and I'm not fond of Si either, it irritates me when people give so much important to something I see so trivial. I have an Si Ego acquaintance who asks me if I'm comfortable, points to me a more comfortable place to sit, gives me health advice I don't ask for, tells me he worries about me because I don't sleep, asks me what I ate, tells me what is bad/good for my health, speaks about food, tells me how he feels, complains alot when he feels sick etc. and all theese I see as trivial, unimportant, boring and irritate me. I'm definitely not Si seeking, and I even doubt I am Si valuing.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I responded a bit more but I can probably go on a bit.

I think sensor is quite unlikely. After just initial impressions I think you're a very mental person and are really not paying attention to your environment, in your video your gaze was firmly rooted in your mind and not at the camera or any sort of sensory experience.

I had a typing of ILI pretty fast but I didn't want to just fixate on it because ILE's can often seem LII/ILI-ish and I wanted to just make sure I did the analysis before I excluded it.

Also my initial impressions of SLE-Ti made me want to go there as they can look quite similar to ILE.

You seen inquisitive, some sort of researcher club, I can't really rule out ILI or ILE but I don't see any reason why you're for sure Fi valuing.

Also it seems like maybe your relationship with your mom is Revision/supervision, if you were ILI this would be benefit relations with you as the benefactor, and I'm not sure if the same interaction would have occurred between you and her.

I'm not going to ILI or ILE out for now but I would out any sort of sensor for you.
    I highly doubt my relationship with my mother is Revision/Supervision as what she says is not taken as criticism, and I don't try to reach her expectations either in the way a Supervisee would. I don't know if we have a Benefit relationship, but I must add that she's actually the one relying on me for alot of things, I tend to solve alot of things she's bad with for her.

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

I say, don't let others decide for you. I did this mistake in the beginning and it was sometimes painful.
    Your gamma vibe is too much suffocating to push you to the alpha quadra.
    Also if you feel comfortable with ILI typing, go for it because there will always be a little shit stirrer to say you are not this or that.
    You seem like a thoughtful person so you know yourself better than anybody else here.
    Enjoy this place, it's full of freaks but also full of wonderful and really friendly people.

Mentioned
    760 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Interesting, I was not familiar with the masks thing. I doubt I'm wearing any right now, I try to be as honest as I can with myself and with you guys too.
    Your ILE theory is new, and sounds interesting, but I doubt I'm an ILE. You probably missed one of my posts where I said that even as a kid I disliked any Fe attempt, especially from my teachers, and a Te attitude is making things easier for me. I don't think Fe HA makes sense to me, and I'm not fond of Si either, it irritates me when people give so much important to something I see so trivial. I have an Si Ego acquaintance who asks me if I'm comfortable, points to me a more comfortable place to sit, gives me health advice I don't ask for, tells me he worries about me because I don't sleep, asks me what I ate, tells me what is bad/good for my health, speaks about food, tells me how he feels, complains alot when he feels sick etc. and all theese I see as trivial, unimportant, boring and irritate me. I'm definitely not Si seeking, and I even doubt I am Si valuing.
    Not all Fe is "good" Fe and not all Te is "good" Te and not all Si is "good" Si.

If I get Si advice from an (EIE), I ignore it. (I know a EIE who is the worst about the things you're pointed in the Si ego sense, but this is actually a neurotic expression of her Si-polr)

In a 1 dimensional Si type, the Si I receive is more or less toxic information.

If I get Fe requests from a LSE co-worker, I ignore it.

In a 2 dimensional Fe type, the Fe I receive is normative and I simply shrug my shoulders.

I think it's only when you deal with sufficiently developed individuals in this area that you really can establish what you value.

But a common example of SEI is Porthos from Dumas's novel to give you a idea of a Si ego
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porthos

You could very likely be ILI, because ILE is really a contrarian alternative for me towards your type, my first more basic instinct on this ILI.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aixelsyd View Post
    This is all fine and dandy, but honestly, I think you're more likely going to come out mistyped if you depend on the perceptions of others until you really understand the theory, can type others well, and then see how you compare to other people. A lot of the reasons for this type or that are rather vague and veer into NTR area. Of course, it depends on the level of seriousness you have toward socionics. But until you have a better idea how IEs and types actually manifest, it's really just words and mutable meanings to them.

OT: I'm extroverted but had social anxiety. Someone suggested a theatre class or something like that. I ended up playing in a lot of music groups as a musician and that eventually cured me of it. Not saying a class will, but I think going out and overcoming those fears by being around people, especially where self-expression and performance is involved, can do a lot of good. Cheaper than hiring a shrink, too, not to say shrinks are bad (I thought about becoming one simply because they do a lot of good), but even so.
    I understand the theory, I'm not an expert though, I can learn alot from the people here who've been for longer here than me, or who studied Socionics for a long time.
    I take it quite seriously, as with everything I do in my life, but more than that I'm interested in debating, finding out about new things, other people's opinions etc.

You mean extroverted as in the common meaning, or Socionics?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I say, don't let others decide for you. I did this mistake in the beginning and it was sometimes painful.
    Your gamma vibe is too much suffocating to push you to the alpha quadra.
    Also if you feel comfortable with ILI typing, go for it because there will always be a little shit stirrer to say you are not this or that.
    You seem like a thoughtful person so you know yourself better than anybody else here.
    Enjoy this place, it's full of freaks but also full of wonderful and really friendly people.
    Umm... why was it painful?
    I was comfortable with my ILI selftype, until ESI came about lol. I've always overlooked ESI, but now I'm actually considering it, because so many people see Fi Ego. I's messy when people... mess with what you think you know or with what you think, but exchanges of ideas are many times constructive. I agree with you, people only see little parts of us, and can interpret us or our actions in different ways,but in the end only we know what we are.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast