Quote Originally Posted by Amber View Post
The smileys don't exactly make one emo though. Chalk it up to bad habit

exactly. The real in-depth, but highly self-aware "emo" are Sexual types. Check out that Sx/so Hussey SEE dude I posted to see how animated and passionate that comes across.
You are only using strictly positive emoticons out of Social habit ...kinda mechanically ... to smooth your way with the many others.
...Am I supposed to come across animated and passionate with 1D Fe? Rhetorical question eheh

As for mechanical smiling, that's also not something that must be explained by using the social instinct, I don't really see any direct causal link there I'm sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Deer Woman View Post
I see SLE over LSI.

"You are only using strictly positive emoticons out of Social habit ...kinda mechanically ... to smooth your way with the many others." - Amber
I would actually say this is more likely to be Fe HA than Fi Role (not replying directly to you, Amber, but I do like this way of putting it). Fe in general is more about the outward expression of emotions whereas Fi is the direct psychological bond between two people. Perhaps you use smileys to cover up Fi PoLR? I tend to see people over-use HA (mechanically) to cover up PoLR.
Yeah, just as I said above to @Amber it doesn't have to be the instincts.

Although you respond well to other's initiative, you take a lot of initiative on your own. You ask a lot of follow up questions and naturally pursue people. I mean that in a good way. You don't let relations fall apart, just because the other person isn't making enough contact on their own. I'm not sure where McBain sees autism...completely off base to me.
Anyway I read the tone totally different in my head.
Lol @McBain was funny with that yeah, he shouldn't try psychology as a career

As for relations.. what I'm good at is making some initiative. Maintenance however I can't take up on my own. Does that still sound extratim to you?

Speaking of which. I see the follow up questions as more of an excuse to play with Ti creative. More food to create new frameworks out of or tinker the one you already have. Although LSI has high dimensional Ti and can alter systems too, I would think LSI is more likely to "create a system" and back it up staunchly (due to Ne PoLR and a strong, but subtle Si).
I relate to tinkering with and to backing up the existing system. Not really into just creating new frameworks all the time. Tinkering to some extent is fine depending on how finalized my understanding is. If I have a solid enough system then I'd have an issue with changing it too much. There are those rare moments when I do suddenly see a better one though.

Compare LSI to their look-a-like ESI who stands strong in what they feel is right, sometimes regardless of consequences (part of why a lot of people admire them). You are consistently open to the feedback of others, even though you might verbally spar with them before accepting conclusions.
Hahah how often do you see me accepting conclusions of others Tho it can happen sometimes if there's Ni or Fe information that I can use

When Myst asks or responds to questions, she does so in a very thorough way. Doesn't matter if it is related to her type, someone else's or something else altogether. The key phrase here appears to be "gaining an understanding". Works both ways, even if you switch the words, however Myst seems more likely to deliver explanations rather than seek explanations (aka Ti HA not likely).
True, that

Likes to deliver (to hear) long, detailed, creative explanations, (from) excellent teacher or instructor, "I will explain (listen) for as long as they will listen (explain), until I'm 100% sure that everyone (I) understood everything." Asking him (others) a question sometimes you will be listening (explaining) to an answer for hours. Sometimes he simply looks for someone to speak (learn) about his understanding of something (escaping such a situation can be difficult, unless one tells him so directly). Something similar can be observed with objective logic, Te, as a second function, but here the emphasis is not on providing facts but rather on others gaining an understanding. For this reason, at times his explanations are simplified and delivered as if for little children. Such person is constantly looking for an audience (teacher) with questions (ideas/answers), but he explains material not in terms of knowledge, but from the standpoint of how he understands it, that is more lucidly and meticulously. He may gravitate towards a field where something has not been studied and understood before, may start exploring unknown for him spheres in which he has no qualifications, since this will allows him to develop and expand the scope of "understanding", which is very tempting for Ti as creative function.
Actually on here I mainly ask for concrete examples because I need them for gaining an understanding. The abstract Ne conceptualizations I'd rather avoid.

Quote Originally Posted by left 4 dead View Post
I can not believe a person would start a thread like this. Consider kill4me's retypings a compliment. Duh!
Lol you mean compliment in terms of attention.. ahahh yes I can see it that way.