Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird View Post
    'Looks', basically @Words, like enjoying the surrounding environment if it looks nice, just wanting things to look nice. If you could live in a barn, you might not care about aesthetics...
    Gotcha thanks, aesthete seems to refer to looks, so I think, the looks of a woman? Of their house? Their barn? Aesthetic of art? 'Beauty'? Philosophy?

It's one of those terms I see used in socionics which strikes me as inherently vague, re above

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird View Post
    Hm. Well, do you care if someone looks nice or not? Like are you going to care if your girlfriend goes out looking like a slob? If you do, you probably care about aesthetics. Of course there are going to be varying degrees to how much people care. This is basically what it means to me, maybe others are going to think differently? Like my husband goes out with grease stains on his clothes and it doesn't bother either one of us and we both barely notice unless someone points it out ..like your clothes are a mess! And we are both thinking, soooo?
    Yeah I care if she looks like a slob.

But there's various levels to this, I like the errrr... grunge look if it looks good, as long as there's a sense of style. At the same time overdressing for an occasion may be inappropriate. Sometimes if a woman hasn't washed the scent can be alluring, other times washed and clean and perfumed is alluring. I like her to have a sense of style and I have a sense of style, but it's important to dress according to what one has in terms of overall physique also.

Going out like a slob depends on the occasion, many variables for my humble self to consider and I can't as yet give a definitive answer due to situation dependent, hence my confusion. But if I'm dressed shoddily or she is has to be pulled off well imo. Still something sexy either way.