Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    @Ghost, you forgot to include the healthy levels of eights:

Type Eight—Levels of Development

Healthy Levels

Level 1 (At Their Best): Become self-restrained and magnanimous, merciful and forbearing, mastering self through their self-surrender to a higher authority. Courageous, willing to put self in serious jeopardy to achieve their vision and have a lasting influence. May achieve true heroism and historical greatness.

Level 2: Self-assertive, self-confident, and strong: have learned to stand up for what they need and want. A resourceful, "can do" attitude and passionate inner drive.

Level 3: Decisive, authoritative, and commanding: the natural leader others look up to. Take initiative, make things happen: champion people, provider, protective, and honorable, carrying others with their strength.

I think I'm somewhere between level 2 and 3. I doubt if I'm going to achieve historical greatness.
    People very rarely reach healthy levels. The vast majority of humanity are average to unhealthy.

Notice that only at LEVEL 1, the level of extreme health, does 8 become self-restrained. This is why i said 8s are aggressive and 99.9 percent of the time dont care to control their meanness and aggression.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    People very rarely reach healthy levels. The vast majority of humanity are average to unhealthy.

Notice that only at LEVEL 1, the level of extreme health, does 8 become self-restrained. This is why i said 8s are aggressive and 99.9 percent of the time dont care to control their meanness and aggression.
    Yeah, assessing types from Level 1 is pointless. Unless you are some kind of monk, or devote yourself to improving psychological health, you aren't going to see this. 8s are OKAY in short bursts, but you have to have thick skin to deal with them. One of the more problematic Enneagram types in their dealings with others.
    Hey, feel free to PM me with any opinions about my type