Thread: What are your personal experiences with your PoLR?

Hybrid View

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mallan View Post
    My brother, Rhaegar, described our PoLR quite well. While I do enjoy the atmosphere of my social circle, there will be times when the huge displays of emotion will be too much. Even from one of my close friends, who is an IEE. Heheh, even duals can be too much sometimes! Anyways, from what Rhaegar accurately described of the EIE in my social circle, I cannot tell you how irksome it is. (Especially doesn't help when he's my ex and has the same friends as I) When I say something, he will tell me what I shouldn't be doing. Feels like I'm a child being scolded on what's right and wrong. He doesn't even back up these moral claims, just says them to say them. When I ask him on why I shouldn't be doing it, two scenarios occur: (mostly ends up going both ways) Gets away with the scolding by trying to change the topic, throws a tantrum and walks away. Let me just say, I've found the walking away to be quite entertaining nowadays!

Getting back to my original point, when I'm expected to be around Fe, I'm sensitive to the air they can bring to a group. I would say that in terms of EIE and ESE, I find the ESE to be more tolerable because they tend to bring a little more positivity and solace that I enjoy here and there. Maybe it helps that Si is their creative function! ESE possess the ability to create a more friendly and open environment. Even though I condescend their energy by replying to something directly at me in their tone, holding back the urge to flinch when they pat my shoulder, or even hug me, the condescension temporarily copes with my discomfort in that created environment. With an EIE, it's like they try to make me feel the way their face is shown, which, based off my experience, has been negativity. I find that they can generally push that mood on me because they are naturally very skilled with invoking reaction and just emotional reaction in general. They also want to generally give off some kind of presence, but at the same time, glide in the background.

OVERALL: In my eyes, Fe is confusing, unsettling, and unpredictable. Having Fe in your id block bodes over well when interacting with me. On the other hand, quickly depleting my energy with that emotional passion and attempted power play? Not worth my time.
    Your observations are very well articulated.

As I read this, I am struck with the thought that if Fe is all about the emotional atmosphere, should Fe types not be good at seeing when people are uncomfortable? And adjusting?

I dont know the answer, the question just occurred to me.
    You seek a great fortune, you three who are now in chains. You will find a fortune, though it will not be the one you seek.
    But first you must travel a long and difficult road, a road fraught with peril.
    You shall see things, wonderful to tell. You shall see a... cow... on the roof of a cotton house. And, oh, so many startlements.
    I cannot tell you how long this road shall be, but fear not the ob-stacles in your path, for fate has vouchsafed your reward.
    Though the road may wind, yea, your hearts grow weary, still shall ye follow them, even unto your salvation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pukq_XJmM-k

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Iris View Post
    Your observations are very well articulated.

As I read this, I am struck with the thought that if Fe is all about the emotional atmosphere, should Fe types not be good at seeing when people are uncomfortable? And adjusting?

I dont know the answer, the question just occurred to me.
    No. That is Fi. Fe is giving out. Fi is taking in. Ni using all that you know. I like this thread. All the dedicated researchers are here.