Thread: What are your personal experiences with your PoLR?

Hybrid View

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rhaegar View Post
    My sis is a senior in High School and there is an EIE in her social circle. They are almost always at odds with each other. He is constantly attempting to school her on the "appropriate" way to act and educate her on the things she says. I can't say what his side of it is since I haven't spoken to him but she seems to find it quite grating.
    I would never do that. I just stay away from people that I think are acting inappropriately. I figure that I am not going to have any influence on them any way. Why make myself look bad? The only time I intervene is when I see someone being abused. Then I have to speak up.
    Last edited by Iris; 01-13-2015 at 01:26 AM.
    You seek a great fortune, you three who are now in chains. You will find a fortune, though it will not be the one you seek.
    But first you must travel a long and difficult road, a road fraught with peril.
    You shall see things, wonderful to tell. You shall see a... cow... on the roof of a cotton house. And, oh, so many startlements.
    I cannot tell you how long this road shall be, but fear not the ob-stacles in your path, for fate has vouchsafed your reward.
    Though the road may wind, yea, your hearts grow weary, still shall ye follow them, even unto your salvation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pukq_XJmM-k

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Iris View Post
    I would never do that. I just stay away from people that I think are acting inappropriately. I figure that I am not going to have any influence on them any way. Why make myself look bad? The only time I intervene is when I see someone being abused. Then I have to speak up.
    Make your choice:

1) I belong in Delta. (because I'm unlike most Betas here and Park likes me)
    2) Park belongs in Beta. (because Park also intervenes only against perceived injustice)
    3) Socionics is bullshit. (because this option makes the most sense)
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Park View Post
    Make your choice:

2) Park belongs in Beta. (because Park also intervenes only against perceived injustice)
    Well I can't go with #3 because I greatly like and depend on this logical system to make sense of myself.

I can't be Delta because my unvalued Si is so lame.

That leaves option # 2. You can join me in Beta, intervening only against perceived injustices, and you will also be able to help me edit my posts.
    You seek a great fortune, you three who are now in chains. You will find a fortune, though it will not be the one you seek.
    You shall see things, wonderful to tell. You shall see a... cow... on the roof of a cotton house. And, oh, so many startlements.
    I cannot tell you how long this road shall be, but fear not the ob-stacles in your path, for fate has vouchsafed your reward.
    Though the road may wind, yea, your hearts grow weary, still shall ye follow them, even unto your salvation

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I can't go with #3 because I greatly like and depend on this logical system to make sense of myself.

That leaves option # 2. You can join me in Beta, intervening only against perceived injustices, and you will also be able to help me edit my posts.
    I agree!
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I accept the proposition if you promise to help me utilize my helping efforts properly and direct them away from bad and unworthy causes and individuals.
    Last edited by Park; 01-13-2015 at 02:29 AM.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Make your choice:

4) Interquadra dualization (see #3)
    5) Star-crossed conflictors (blame socionics)

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    On a semi-related note, I've come to believe that the idea of inter-personal "compatibility" is nothing more than an illusion. I find this especially evident in romantic relationships, where what some people percieve as a "lack of compatibility" is actually a lack of respect, of trusting and being devoted to one another. I guess it's easier and often too convenient to use this illusion of (in)compatibility as an excuse to leave a relationship, than to build and cultivate mutual trust, devotion, and respect, which is what real compatibility boils down to, essentially. A person who thinks that compatibility is this mystical unicorn they need to spend their whole life chasing around are never going to find what they're looking for. Socionics perpetuates this fallacious thinking.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On a semi-related note, I've come to believe that the idea of inter-personal "compatibility" is nothing more than an illusion. I find this especially evident in romantic relationships, where what some people percieve as a "lack of compatibility" is actually a lack of respect, of trusting and being devoted to one another. I guess it's easier and often too convenient to use this illusion of (in)compatibility as an excuse to leave a relationship, than to build and cultivate mutual trust, devotion, and respect, which is what real compatibility boils down to, essentially. A person who thinks that compatibility is this mystical unicorn they need to spend their whole life chasing around are never going to find what they're looking for. Socionics perpetuates this fallacious thinking.
    I agree. A foundation of respect, trust, devotion is the key, and those don't just happen without effort. Being ready to give and receive forgiveness is essential. I think you can find happiness out of your quadra, and if I had a time machine, I would never exchange my own out of quadra experience for the promise of duality. Compatibility is a great thing, but it is not the only thing.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess it's easier and often too convenient to use this illusion of (in)compatibility as an excuse to leave a relationship, than to build and cultivate mutual trust, devotion, and respect, which is what real compatibility boils down to, essentially.
    I think this is not true at all. Some people have really different lifestyles, interests, personalities, attitudes that just don't mesh with each other well.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use my PoLR when I take a shit. Si just isn't my thing, so I tend to shit all over the place and in my pants. If only I had more Si, I'd be good, but I don't.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    Love this!