Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: Correlations between Socionics and Enneagram types (old discussions)

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus
    No ISTj can be a 9.
    I disagree, ISTjs-Ti can. Look at their description from meged and their romantic behavior.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra
    And people should learn once and for all that many ENTjs are 8s. That fact cannot be doubted.
    Why can't it be doubted?
    Because it is an obvious truth. It is a simple matter of fact if you look at real life ENTjs.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    No ISTj can be a 9.
    I disagree, ISTjs-Ti can. Look at their description from meged and their romantic behavior.
    It doesn't matter. Most 9s (if not all of them) are ethical types. If there are 9s that are not ethical types, they must have the IP temperament. Every ISTj contradicts that on both accounts.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Well I took a crack at Enneagram Correlations

Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    Alphas will be 2s, 7s and 9s
    Betas will be 3s, 4s and 8s
    Gammas will be 1s, 5s and 6s
    Deltas will be 1s, 3s and 9s
    My most obvious disagreement has to do with 7 -- I think 7's best correlation is with the EP temperament, rather than with quadras or even particular functions.
    I agree with Expat. 7s tend to be ENFp/ESFp (and possibly ENTp to a lesser extent).
    socio: INFp - IEI
    ennea: 4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Twain
    Only kings, presidents, editors, and people with tapeworms have the right to use the editorial 'we'.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No ISTj can be a 9.
    It doesn't matter. Most 9s (if not all of them) are ethical types. If there are 9s that are not ethical types, they must have the IP temperament. Every ISTj contradicts that on both accounts.
    ok i can see where you're coming from. But what about ISTjs with 9 wings? i.e. 8w9 or 1w9? My father is an ISTj and I'm certain he has a nine wing. Furthermore I still don't see how an ISTj 8w7 or 7w8 makes any sense at all, quite frankly I think anyone who says they know an ISTj 8w7 or 7w8 is talking about an ESTp they've mistyped as ISTj or an ISTj that they've mistyped as 8/7
    INFp-Ni

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No ISTj can be a 9.
    What are you talking about? Where does the description of 9 lead to being almost sure that they are ethical types? I think you should read more accurately and get more real-world experience (I KNOW an ISTJ 9w1).

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No ISTj can be a 9.
    What are you talking about? Where does the description of 9 lead to being almost sure that they are ethical types? I think you should read more accurately and get more real-world experience (I KNOW an ISTJ 9w1).
    Ethical types are more concerned with harmony among people. As the core trait of number 9 is peacekeeper, it's more obvious to be an ethical type (Fi).

But probably there are ISTJ out there who might fit the profile. It's just enneagram crap.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agree with Expat, agree with Ezra (except about LIE 8's, as always), agree with Phaedrus, agree with aka-kitsune. Not sure about misutii. I'm thinking about some of the correlations, though I'm not disagreeing with them. As far as LSI 9's, I'm not disputing that they can look like them, from a distance (though I can't picture it), but I don't think an LSI could actually be a 9. ESE's can very much look like 7's, but from my experience and understanding of the theories they fit more closely with 1, 2, or 3.

9's seem not only somewhat IP and/or ethical, but also somewhat Si/Ne. To list my own correlations I'd have to look at the growth lines and all of that fun stuff, which I'm not prepared to do at present. There are a few things that mess up my understanding of the enneagram and my correlations. The placement of 1 and 9, for example. It's like... I have a hard time picturing most 9's with either a 1 or 8 wing, and I have a hard time picturing some potential 1's as having a 9 or 2 wing.

Here's a thought: SLI's are the perfect 9w8. They're the only IP temperament that I can see any 8 in, but it makes a bit of sense of an SLI (at least as a wing). I do think that true 8's need to value Se though, for the most part.

Have there been any correlations made between Socionics subtypes and instinctual stackings?
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by misutii
    But what about ISTjs with 9 wings? i.e. 8w9 or 1w9?
    That is much, much easier to accept. As long as we don't mess around too much with the ground types, the wings are wide open for discussion.

Furthermore I still don't see how an ISTj 8w7 or 7w8 makes any sense at all, quite frankly I think anyone who says they know an ISTj 8w7 or 7w8 is talking about an ESTp they've mistyped as ISTj or an ISTj that they've mistyped as 8/7
    ISTj 7w8s don't exist. A typical 8 is an extraverted logical type, so an ISTj wouldn't fit very well with 8, but what can we say for sure when we are dealing with an inferior system such as the Enneagram? We have to force the 16 types to fit into 9 rather illogical boxes, and some of those types will probably not feel too comfortable in the process.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is Saddam Hussein actually the best example of an 8w7 LSI? Why not SLE 8w7?
    Not SLE. I started a thread and said that, but everyone disagreed. LSI makes more sense come to think of it. Okay, maybe not 8w7. But 8w9s can easily be LSIs.

8w7 and 7w8 seem to utterly contradict introversion.
    True.

ISFp-Fes are often confused for INFp-Fes and vice-versa, certain ISFps seem to have an outwardly "artistic" image. This points to 4.
    "An outwardly 'artistic' image" does not point to 4 - it points to someone with an outwardly artistic image. Any Enneagram type can be outwardly artistic. Some are simply more prominent than others. And regardless of whether or not SEIs are outwardly artistic, they do not correlate with 4.

I think you're placing too much value on the effect of sensory/intuition and enneagram type... I see the types as blending into one another based on temperament.... so i.e.

IPs~~~~~~~~~~
    ISTp-Te: 6w5
    ISTp-Si: 9w8
    ISFp-Si: 9w1
    ISFp-Fe: 4w3/3w4(maybe)
    INFp-Fe: 4w3
    INFp-Ni: 4w5
    INTp-Ni:5w4
    INTp-Te: 5w6

I'm not completely certain of all of these but see what I'm getting at?
    I agree with all of these except the SEI-Fe correlation. It is utter bullshit. 4w3 is an impossibility, let alone 3w4. (An IP 3?)

Fabio, 9s cannot be LSIs. It's like having an LSE 7.

Because it is an obvious truth.
    Stop being dogmatic and show me the facts. Currently, I have no reason to believe you. You've shown me no evidence to suggest that LIEs can be 8s.

It is a simple matter of fact if you look at real life ENTjs.
    Such as?

Quote Originally Posted by aka-kitsune
    7s tend to be ENFp/ESFp (and possibly ENTp to a lesser extent).
    I think 7s are equally as likely to be ILEs as they are SEEs or IEEs.

Generally, I think if they're a 7w8, they're more likely to be either an SEE or SLE. If they're an 7w6, they're more likely to be an ILE or IEE. And I think ILE fits far more than IEE or SEE. The Alpha's motivation - to enjoy life - is perfectly in line with the 7's. However, I do have at least one guarenteed 7w6 IEE friend.

A 6w7 is apparently most correlated with the ESI, an IJ. This doesn't mean that the 7w6 could be an IJ. A wing is a wing, not a type unto itself.

Furthermore I still don't see how an ISTj 8w7 or 7w8 makes any sense at all, quite frankly I think anyone who says they know an ISTj 8w7 or 7w8 is talking about an ESTp they've mistyped as ISTj or an ISTj that they've mistyped as 8/7
    I agree that 7w8 LSI is out of the question. But I still think 8w7 is a possibility. For example, in MBTT, the 8w7 is normally correlated with either ESTJ or ENTJ. Does this mean that in socionics, the 8w7 is best correlated with the LSE or LIE? Of course not. An 8w7 can't really be an LSE, because the LSE doesn't value Se, whereas the 8w7 does. They're far more likely to be someone who does. And who does? An SLE, for example. And why is it so implausible that their mirror, the LSI can also be an 8w7?

(I KNOW an ISTJ 9w1).
    You think you do. I've never heard of a 9 who was adept in Se. It simply makes no sense. They're always lacking in Se or Si/Ne valuing types. A lack of motivation characterises the 9, so an LSI 9 just wouldn't make sense. It's like suggesting an SEE 5w4. It doesn't make any sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno
    Ethical types are more concerned with harmony among people. As the core trait of number 9 is peacekeeper, it's more obvious to be an ethical type (Fi).
    Thank you.

But probably there are ISTJ out there who might fit the profile. It's just enneagram crap.
    Bullshit. I'm willing to bet £50 against that claim.

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    agree with Ezra (except about LIE 8's, as always)
    Indeed. But I just can't imagine an 8 with weak Se, even if they value it. Can you? If so, how? Please, enlighten me.

Here's a thought: SLI's are the perfect 9w8. They're the only IP temperament that I can see any 8 in, but it makes a bit of sense of an SLI (at least as a wing). I do think that true 8's need to value Se though, for the most part.
    I think SLI 9w8 is not possible, but it is still highly unlikely. I'd say about 95% of 9s are ethical types.

Have there been any correlations made between Socionics subtypes and instinctual stackings?
    Try it; this would be very interesting.

ISTj 7w8s don't exist. A typical 8 is an extraverted logical type, so an ISTj wouldn't fit very well with 8, but what can we say for sure when we are dealing with an inferior system such as the Enneagram? We have to force the 16 types to fit into 9 rather illogical boxes, and some of those types will probably not feel too comfortable in the process.
    See, Phaedrus, it's this kind of stuff that suggests you value Ti > Te. You constantly refer to systems and how good or bad they are. You place emphasis on this kind of thing all the time.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is to add to Ezra's "Blanket statements without any motivation or logic to back them up". Kid you should learn to argue better otherwise you'll be screwed later in life.

(I KNOW an ISTJ 9w1).

You think you do. I've never heard of a 9 who was adept in Se. It simply makes no sense. They're always lacking in Se or Si/Ne valuing types. A lack of motivation characterises the 9, so an LSI 9 just wouldn't make sense. It's like suggesting an SEE 5w4. It doesn't make any sense.
    What the hell are you talking about? Again please go read some ISTj-Ti description in the subtypes thread and then come back here telling me "yes, you're right". Also idiotic when people think they know better the types of the friends of a person that is posting, in spite of the person having known them for years, and them having never seen them. You're ridiculous.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is to add to Ezra's "Blanket statements without any motivation or logic to back them up". Kid you should learn to argue better otherwise you'll be screwed later in life.
    Is this your only argument at the moment? "Do n, or later in life, you will be fucked". If you want evidence, I will give it to you. Don't insult me. Ask me for the evidence. Anyway, I gave you a perfectly valid point which you have not refuted; rather you have just called me ridiculous and given no sound justification for it.

9s can't be LSIs because 9s lack an aptitude in Se, whereas LSIs are good with it.

Put up a real argument instead of churning out bullshit about how you know people. My brother did it all the time when he was a kid; it's immature and it's a sign of weak Te.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is much, much easier to accept. As long as we don't mess around too much with the ground types, the wings are wide open for discussion.

Well yes but if we're going to theorize we should do it properly. I have the wisdom of the enneagram book and just looked through it. ISTjs can't be 8w7s. Many people have been talking about temperament here and 8w7 contradicts IJ temperament.

8w9s and 9w8s (Joy I think you might on to something) share a common theme of suppressed anger that appears suddenly and then dissipates quickly as well. These are both more likely. 1w9 also seems like a possibility. ISTj's dual is the ENFj and semi-dual is ESFj - in other words ISTjs primarily need Fe. When others provide them with a positive emotional atmosphere they appear to become a different person, suddenly their hard, stern exterior gives way to a playful and caring side - I've witnessed this first-hand on many occassions, my father is ISTj, my mom is ESFj, my sisters are ESFj and INFp and I'm INFp - that's a lot of Fe lol!
    INFp-Ni

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is Saddam Hussein actually the best example of an 8w7 LSI? Why not SLE 8w7?
    Not SLE. I started a thread and said that, but everyone disagreed. LSI makes more sense come to think of it. Okay, maybe not 8w7. But 8w9s can easily be LSIs.

ISFp-Fes are often confused for INFp-Fes and vice-versa, certain ISFps seem to have an outwardly "artistic" image. This points to 4.
    "An outwardly 'artistic' image" does not point to 4 - it points to someone with an outwardly artistic image. Any Enneagram type can be outwardly artistic. Some are simply more prominent than others. And regardless of whether or not SEIs are outwardly artistic, they do not correlate with 4.

I think SLI 9w8 is not possible, but it is still highly unlikely. I'd say about 95% of 9s are ethical types.
    ok I think I've understood your response and sympathize with much of it. Right now I'm leaning towards ISTjs being 8w9s and 1w9s. I can see how 8 and Se are related. What do you think about 1w9? I think that 1 might relate to Ti the way that 8 relates with Se.

I'm interested as to why you can't see an ISFp-Fe as a 4w3? I remember your own enneagram/socionics correlation thread and agreed with the majority of your correlations so this one interests me (i.e in your last thread you attributed INFjs and INFps to 4 and I believe the same) I attribute 4 to introverted and ethical types. I didn't explain what I meant in the previous post by "artistic" image and can see how that didn't make any sense now. By that I meant that ISFp-Fes are prone to be moody (high ups and low downs), emotionally expressive, and prone to using art as an outlet for their repressed emotions... as well as being prone to excessive self-indulgence when unhealthy - and this all seems very 4ish. Admittedly I haven't typed enough ISFps in real life to be completely positive of this and so I'm open to new information!
    INFp-Ni

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Delta
    ESTj 8w9
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hitta
    Took a crack at enneagram correlations, although I think theres a few things that may need changing.

Enneagram Correlations

Alpha
    ENTp-5w4, 4w5
    INTj-5w4, 5w6 (rarer)
    ESFj 1w2, 2w1
    ISFp 2w1, 1w2

Beta
    ESTp- 8w7,7w8
    ISTj- 7w8, 8w7
    ENFj- 4w3, 3w4, 4w5
    INFp- 4w3, 3w4, 4w5

Gamma
    ENTj-6w5, 5w6
    INTp-5w6, 6w5
    ESFp- 7w6, 6w7
    ISFj- 6w7, 7w6

Delta
    ESTj 8w9, 8w9
    ISTp 9w8, 9w8
    ENFp 9w1, 1w9
    INFj 1w9, 9w1

I had to look a lot of the descriptions up, hope these are correct.
    It's really, really hard to imagine ENTps as such introverted individuals. Really, 4w5 and 5w4 are the epitome of social introversion, so to type ENTps as such seems a bit odd.

INTj seems about right, although I'm a 9(I have a very strong 5 component, though.)

ESFj I'm not so sure about...they seem like they could be about any type except 4 or 5(4 or 5 seem to be very exclusive types...)

I doubt ISFps would ever be 1s, and I think their incidence of 9ness far exceeds the times that you would find them as 2s(though 2 would undoubtedly be the second most common type.)

ESTp seems about right, although ESTp isn't really exclusive to those types.

You'll never find a 7w8 ISTj lol. In fact, I'd probably say 6w5, followed by 8w9 would be the ISTj's most common types.

ENFj seems mostly on point besides 4w5...though it's a possibility, I wouldn't say that their type is likely to be as such.

INFp seems right too, though some of them are undoubtedly 6s and 9s.

ENTj as 5w6 seems unlikely...6w5 seems entirely conceivable(Expat honestly reminds of a healthy 6w5.) But I would say 8 would be a more likely type for ENTjs.

INTp seems right, except I would add 5w4 as a very strong possibility.

ESFp is dead on, with 3 being the next most likely type.

ISFjs would never be 7s, and I think 6w5 or 1w9 is more likely to occur alongside ISFjness than 6w7, though 6w7 is a real possibility.

ESTj seems dead on, maybe also being 6w5s.

ISTps I would probably type as 8w9s more often than 9w8s...

ENFps are much more likely to be 7s than any other type, I think, followed by 9.

And INFj seems dead on, with 6w5 trailing both of those types in highest possibility.

I think it should be said, though, that these correlations are not definite and are merely probabilistic in nature. The Enneagram and Socionics do not have a 1:1 correlation with types.
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The first time I saw this thread, I read it as "Well I took crack."
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because it is an obvious truth.
    Stop being dogmatic and show me the facts. Currently, I have no reason to believe you. You've shown me no evidence to suggest that LIEs can be 8s.
    I know at least two LIEs that are clearly 8s: a friend of mine IRL, and Expat.

An 8w7 can't really be an LSE, because the LSE doesn't value Se, whereas the 8w7 does.
    That is irrelevant. The Enneagram types are not defined that way. The exact same reasons apply in both MBTT and in Socionics. The only way to determine whether a certain type can be a certain type in the Enneagram is to compare type descriptions. Keep in mind that the Enneagram is an incorrect model, even though it contains quite many true statements.

See, Phaedrus, it's this kind of stuff that suggests you value Ti > Te. You constantly refer to systems and how good or bad they are. You place emphasis on this kind of thing all the time.
    It is statements like the one you just made that proves beyond reasonable doubt that you have completely misunderstood what and are about. Back to the study chamber, Ezra!

TIM
    nil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mmmhh... all what i know, it is that I'm 4-5 and i have a bit of 1 and 3. I don't know which exactly. Anyway, i would add:
    -ISFp-Si be 4 too (sp/sx).

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by normal
    Anyway, i would add: -ISFp-Si be 4 too (sp/sx).
    No. You don't seem to listen. No ISFp can ever be a 4. That is totally impossible. Every 4 is an intuitive type -- without exceptions.

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by normal
    Anyway, i would add: -ISFp-Si be 4 too (sp/sx).
    No. You don't seem to listen. No ISFp can ever be a 4. That is totally impossible. Every 4 is an intuitive type -- without exceptions.
    you don't seem to listen. He said he's a 4w5 ISFp-Si. What basis do you have to doubt him besides that his information doesn't match your model? You say you're little theory then put your fingers in your ears and go "NA! NA! NA! NA!" so that you can't hear any of the conflicting data that comes at you. You just keep repeating the same things louder and louder to drown out the noise... How can you not see that you're doing this?

TIM
    nil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Self/Sexual

This subtype also cares very much about their surroundings and their possessions. They feel as if these things help to express who they are. There is more of a passionate sense about them as compared to the self/soc. They have more of a sensual relationship with their environment. These Fours are much more tortured by their difficulty with respect to maintaining close relationships. The self-preservational instinct tends to be in conflict with the sexual instinct, causing this subtype to habitually analyze their relationships to the point where they find it difficult to be present to them. When unhealthy, these Fours can become very disdainful of the social environment. They also start to envy the ease with which others seem to form relationships and maintain friendships. When Fours of this subtype are healthy, they find that they can form relationships without feeling as though they are sacrificing authenticity. They no longer feel that they have to automatically define themselves as "different from others," as outside the group. They are able to see the ways in which their emotionality might cloud their better judgment and to use that insight to establish equilibrium.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MysticSonic
    INTj seems about right, although I'm a 9(I have a very strong 5 component, though.)
    Seeing such obviously false statements is starting to get on my nerves. You absolutely cannot be a 9 if you are an INTj, MS. You have constantly described yourself as an irrational type ever since you joined this forum, and yet you continue to believe that you are an INTj. That is such a crap, simply put, that I urge you to wake up. Realize that you cannot be an INTj under these circumstances. It is so incredibly obvious. Choose one of the irrational types, I don't care which one as long as you stop this nonsense about being an INTj.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, it's actually possible for me to be a 5w6, too(and at times makes more sense internally.) It's just something I've never been able to come to a full conclusion about. Type 5 just always seemed far too impersonal for myself to be, so I just opted for 9, but I suppose very people are really as neurotic and introverted as the 5 is commonly described.
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat
    you don't seem to listen. He said he's a 4w5 ISFp-Si.
    And I say that he is not. There are no ISFps in the group of 4s.

What basis do you have to doubt him besides that his information doesn't match your model?
    Let me remind you that it is certainly not my model.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I doubt ISFps would ever be 1s, and I think their incidence of 9ness far exceeds the times that you would find them as 2s(though 2 would undoubtedly be the second most common type.)
    ISFps are much more 2w3 than 2w1, IME.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"ISFps are much more 2w3 than 2w1, IME."

Yeah.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

agree with Ezra (except about LIE 8's, as always)
    Indeed. But I just can't imagine an 8 with weak Se, even if they value it. Can you? If so, how? Please, enlighten me.
    No. I've already done so too many times.
    SEE

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No ISTj can be a 9.
    This is a blanket, unproven statement. I know an ISTj 9, reality>your head.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

9s can't be LSIs because 9s lack an aptitude in Se, whereas LSIs are good with it.
    Why do they lack aptitude in Se. Se is not necessarily about getting other people to do things for you, but also about self-control etc etc. It's very hard to argue with somebody that, knowing nothing, acts like he knows everything. We should save some money, build a socionics asylum, and put you, phaedrus, and machintruc all day arguing in there.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm interested as to why you can't see an ISFp-Fe as a 4w3? I remember your own enneagram/socionics correlation thread and agreed with the majority of your correlations so this one interests me (i.e in your last thread you attributed INFjs and INFps to 4 and I believe the same) I attribute 4 to introverted and ethical types. I didn't explain what I meant in the previous post by "artistic" image and can see how that didn't make any sense now. By that I meant that ISFp-Fes are prone to be moody (high ups and low downs), emotionally expressive, and prone to using art as an outlet for their repressed emotions... as well as being prone to excessive self-indulgence when unhealthy - and this all seems very 4ish. Admittedly I haven't typed enough ISFps in real life to be completely positive of this and so I'm open to new information!
    Since you're a 4 yourself, you probably understand them more. But I personally can't see 4s being that good with Si. I'm pretty sure Ni is dominant in every 4.

I know at least two LIEs that are clearly 8s: a friend of mine IRL, and Expat.
    Have you ever met Expat? He doesn't have an 8ish vibe at all, and he is certainly not "clearly an 8".

It is statements like the one you just made that proves beyond reasonable doubt that you have completely misunderstood what and are about. Back to the study chamber, Ezra!
    Ti is about systems and organisation of information. This is what you value, and what you are adept in.

you don't seem to listen. He said he's a 4w5 ISFp-Si.
    He's wrong. Phaedrus is right.

Quote Originally Posted by UDP
    ISFps are much more 2w3 than 2w1, IME.
    I'm not sure there is such a thing.

No you haven't.

reality>your head.
    The same could be said about you.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why do they lack aptitude in Se. Se is not necessarily about getting other people to do things for you, but also about self-control etc etc. It's very hard to argue with somebody that, knowing nothing, acts like he knows everything. We should save some money, build a socionics asylum, and put you, phaedrus, and machintruc all day arguing in there.
    Fabio, read this, then - using it to pull out quotes to prove that LSI and 9 correlate - try and convince me you know an LSI 9. If you still argue with me after seeing this, there is seriously something wrong with your ability to accept facts. LSIs cannot be 9s.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fabio, read this, then - using it to pull out quotes to prove that LSI and 9 correlate - try and convince me you know an LSI 9. If you still argue with me after seeing this, there is seriously something wrong with your ability to accept facts. LSIs cannot be 9s.
    I agree that LSI probably would not be 9. My dad is LSI 1w9, and I have known another 1w9 LSI with a very strong wing- which made me at first belive he was 9. It is true in my experience that the 9s I have known have had pretty weak Se:
    3 isfp, 2 infp, 2 enfj, 1 estj, 2 istp, 1 esfj (I think?)
    EII 4w5

so/sx (?)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No ISTj can be a 9.
    This is a blanket, unproven statement. I know an ISTj 9, reality>your head.
    A subtype of a type should never be so different from the core type that it becomes unrecognizable. If we allow that to happen, we would turn typology into something resemblant of astrology. We can either choose to regard the IP temperament as the "essence" of type 9, or we could perhaps choose to regard IF as its essence. But why should we allow any IJ type to join that group? What would be the purpose of such a "generosity"? I can see no point in that, since in that case we would have departed too far from what is considered typical traits of type 9.

An ISFp (which is the most typical 9 of the socionic types) is simply too different from an ISTj, in my opinion. What do an ISFp and an ISTj have in common that is also a typical characteristic of type 9? Wouldn't it always be possible to find a better explanation of such a hypothetical similarity if the ISFp and the ISTj were put in different Enneagram boxes?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A lot of confusion can arise if we ourselves or people we know happen to be the rarer Enneagram demographic for each Socionics, or at least that's my view about a lot of disagreement. Reading through, there hasn't been much mention of ENFp 2s, and I'm pretty solid in the fact that I'm an ENFp and I haven't left any Enneagram test without it telling me I was some sort of 2. It seems like I'm most likely a 2w3, but that doesn't say I didn't have a strong presence of 7 and 9 in my results. For those who have looked deeper into the Enneagram, aren't there other links to other types, like 'lesser wings' so to speak? I thought I read somewhere that the types are influenced by some other variable as well as the wing. Might clear up where there seems to be a lot of odd throw in for Enneagram match ups, besides the difficulty that already comes with matching up two systems already so different.
    ENFp

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since you're a 4 yourself, you probably understand them more. But I personally can't see 4s being that good with Si. I'm pretty sure Ni is dominant in every 4.
    That is questionable. I know an INFj who fully identifies with type 4. She is the perfect 4 in every respect in both her own and my opinion.

Have you ever met Expat? He doesn't have an 8ish vibe at all, and he is certainly not "clearly an 8".
    Expat is still an 8. Ask him if you don't believe me. He, in fact, comes across as very similar to my real life ENTj friend, who definitely is an 8.

Ti is about systems and organisation of information. This is what you value, and what you are adept in.
    That is comparable to saying things like "Ni is about time and imagining things". And you think that such considerations are enough to understand the functions correctly!?

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No you haven't.
    Sorry, I should have said "I've already attempted to do so too many times".
    SEE

Hacking your soul since the beginning of time Hitta's Avatar
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

That is questionable. I know an INFj who fully identifies with type 4. She is the perfect 4 in every respect in both her own and my opinion.

Expat is still an 8. Ask him if you don't believe me. He, in fact, comes across as very similar to my real life ENTj friend, who definitely is an 8.

That is comparable to saying things like "Ni is about time and imagining things". And you think that such considerations are enough to understand the functions correctly!?
    The 4 is probably INFp(example of people mixing up J/P). Also, I've never been convinced that Expat is an ENTj. I mean he may be, but I don't really get the vibe from him for some reason.

Ti is about order and disorder, Ni is about the new and the old. Ne is about absolutism and relativism.
    Model X Will Save Us!

*randomwarelinkremoved

jessica129:scrotums r hot

:" hitting cap makes me envision cervix smashing"

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These correlations are based on experience (i.e. persons I have known and typed, and some expectancy), and have some accuracy (I think).

ILE 5 9
    LII 5
    ESE 2 3
    SEI 4 9

SLE 7 8
    LSI 1 8
    EIE 2 6
    IEI 4 9

LIE 3 5 6 7 8
    ILI 4 9
    SEE 2 7 9
    ESI 6 8

LSE 1 3 8
    SLI 5 9
    IEE 2 9
    EII 1 2 5 6

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The 4 is probably INFp(example of people mixing up J/P).
    No. I have investigated that particular problem in depth in her case, and she is not an INFp. She is definitely an INFj in every respect too. The arguments for INFj > INFp are very strong in her case, and by that I mean all aspects of her type.

Also, I've never been convinced that Expat is an ENTj. I mean he may be, but I don't really get the vibe from him for some reason.
    Well, if you start questioning Expat's type, there is no point in having a discussion about this. No one has any reason what so ever to be in doubt about Expat's type. Take his ENTj-ness for granted, and if that assumption leads to a contradiction somewhere in your understanding of the types, then the mistake is most likely yours and you should try to find where you have made a false assumption or inference.

Ti is about order and disorder, Ni is about the new and the old. Ne is about absolutism and relativism.
    Such phrases are almost totally meaningless without concrete examples relating to the types.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast