Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920

Thread: Enneagram type 4

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mia in Blue My Mind (spoiler) might tap into the 4 archetype (what she represents, not the character per se)

also reminds me of black swan
    Last edited by necrosebud; 04-28-2024 at 03:45 AM.

Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@Braingel I've been thinking alot about what we discussed, re enneagrammer making four to sound five-fixed in their descriptions, and I actually think they made it sound one-fixed instead. In the EU group, there is alot of emphasis on fours being outwardly upset, sour, and even hostile and while I definitely think that this is true of all fours, it's not the only aspect and it will mainly manifest most overtly in one-fxed fours (like Joseph). The reason Joseph is considered so disdainful and sees all fours as being as disdainful as he is because he is one-fixed. Eight and nine-fixed fours are not so overly sour and critical, in my observations, but one-fixed fours are.

I do relate to alot of things in the EU four description though, for example differenciating from others almost automatically, wanting to be more "badass" in my image than "nice" and so forth. There was something posted recently in the EU facebook group about fours's depression being "spicy" vs the depression of nines being more "morose". I do think that when I have been depressed, it was accompanied by a sense of hostility and ediginess towards society, not morosity. So I do think they get alot right, the problem with Joseph/EU's writings is that they address themselves to core attachment types who are mistyped as fours...and they write as if every self-typed four is actually a nine who mistypes, and while I think that that is definitely a thing on the internet, I also think four is not that rare from people I know irl. I can think of many people, not just myself who fit EU's description of four. EU leaves out the aspect of four that says that fours are in touch with their emotions, but that is because that is not applicable only to fours and they are kind of preaching to mistyped nines.

I do agree that there is gatekeeping of four (not on purpose, but subconsciously) by EU/Jospeh and actual fours get typed as something else by their service...but I don't even think that is because real fours don't fit their descriptions.

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920