Banned
    TIM
    LII (INTj)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suz View Post
    Nothing was said about WANTING to perfectionize the POLR.
    Sometimes you are expected to engage your POLR so we are discussing what happens when that's the case.
    Quote Originally Posted by ConcreteButterfly View Post
    Do people tend to be perfectionists in their POLR function?
    I know some Te POLRs who produce really high quality work, albeit slower than Te egos.
    sure it wasn´t said but it was written down

Quote Originally Posted by Zero11 View Post
    sure it wasn´t said but it was written down
    you're right, Te doesn't equal high quality work, sorry for implying it. but do you agree people can be neurotically perfectionistic, at least in some areas, about their polr function? as in they set high unrealistic goals and get distressed when they don't meet them?

You have no idea what Te even is. And you don´t know shit about the theory as one who wants to perfectionize his PoLR or something like that isn´t correctly typed.
    ok what is Te then? also what's with the rude tone ? it's just a discussion calm down..
    also i said nothing about trying to perfectionize the polr, when i said Te-polrs produce high quality work what i meant was they (seem) very particular about how they do their work, to the point of seeming perfectionistic. i wasn't referring to the quality of their work so much as their attitude while doing it. neurotic is probably a good word to describe it.

and i'm an IEE, in case it wasn't obvious. i'm fairly certain on my type but if you want to debate it go ahead.

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ok what is Te then? also what's with the rude tone ? it's just a discussion calm down..
    also i said nothing about trying to perfectionize the polr, when i said Te-polrs produce high quality work what i meant was they (seem) very particular about how they do their work, to the point of seeming perfectionistic. i wasn't referring to the quality of their work so much as their attitude while doing it. neurotic is probably a good word to describe it.

and i'm an IEE, in case it wasn't obvious. i'm fairly certain on my type but if you want to debate it go ahead.
    It's something ashura imagined

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK i've been kind of trying to figure out Te lately (among other things). I can try to answer and see if people agree with me.

So what i understand Te to involve includes:
    --efficiency

--"black and white" facts are facts, and that's that. No grey areas, no larger context/framework.

--gathering facts, remembering facts, accessing facts, demonstrating representation of facts (e.g. making charts, graphs, etc)

--business-minded (Te is also called "business logic" sometimes, and i think it makes sense considering the synthesis of the previous 3 qualities), budgeting

--organization, categorization (i guess that's also related to "playing" with facts, so to speak)
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

OK i've been kind of trying to figure out Te lately (among other things). I can try to answer and see if people agree with me.

--efficiency

--"black and white" facts are facts, and that's that. No grey areas, no larger context/framework.

--gathering facts, remembering facts, accessing facts, demonstrating representation of facts (e.g. making charts, graphs, etc)

--business-minded (Te is also called "business logic" sometimes, and i think it makes sense considering the synthesis of the previous 3 qualities), budgeting

--organization, categorization (i guess that's also related to "playing" with facts, so to speak)
    Te is watching actions in a dynamic way. For instance one day my bf came to pick me up at work for lunch and he said "Babe, you're demanding, but so am I. I watched you tell one of your coworkers 'move it'." I said "so? we are friends and I was teasing" he said nothing. So, in turn Te is not only watching actions and gathering facts about a person, but it is also making social judgements, "it's not the right place" or "that's rude" from these they make rigid requirements of others that are often unreachable and expectations that others can not possibly match up to. It in forces perfection on external objects, that they must perform to a standard, thus removing human elements such as feelings, love, flexibility. I kick their butt on all of these
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

--efficiency

so the collection and manipulation of pure facts? sounds good. i was thinking "logistics", too.

i was wrong in my original post to allude that te =high quality work. that may be one consequence of using Te the way you described here, but not its essence. the essence of it is probably more about using facts to achieve a specific goal.

Banned
    TIM
    LII (INTj)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok what is Te then?
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7nyhcl2uw...uq38G0Aca?dl=0

-Theoretical Background-

you're right, Te doesn't equal high quality work, sorry for implying it. but do you agree people can be neurotically perfectionistic, at least in some areas, about their polr function? as in they set high unrealistic goals and get distressed when they don't meet them?
    NO I don´t as the PoLR is not conscious this is kind of meaningless

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-Theoretical Background-

ummmm... yes it is...
    Superego is conscious.

Banned
    TIM
    LII (INTj)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ummmm... yes it is...
    Superego is conscious.
    Its "Natural Socionics" not "Socionics" which by the way has Artificial Components which make V.I. impossible.

Classical Socionics has already lost.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

-Theoretical Background-

*pod'lair music cues*

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Te is watching actions in a dynamic way. For instance one day my bf came to pick me up at work for lunch and he said "Babe, you're demanding, but so am I. I watched you tell one of your coworkers 'move it'." I said "so? we are friends and I was teasing" he said nothing.
    Maritsa, you sort of get it. I agree that Te is watching actions in a dynamic way, but I think it's more than that. It has to do with how an object functions, what its purpose is, what it does. It is like dynamic cause-and-effect. "When I press down on the pedal, a computer tells the fuel injector to spray gas into the piston." You also might say it is the use of an object. "This jacket keeps you afloat if you go overboard."

The following animations depict the dynamical functionality of various paintball guns; I think they're excellent examples of Te:

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    but it is also making social judgements, "it's not the right place" or "that's rude"
    This is where you err, in my opinion. Social judgments are straight-up Fe.

Quote Originally Posted by heavynurse View Post
    Maritsa, you sort of get it. I agree that Te is watching actions in a dynamic way, but I think it's more than that. It has to do with how an object functions, what its purpose is, what it does. It is like dynamic cause-and-effect. "When I press down on the pedal, a computer tells the fuel injector to spray gas into the piston." You also might say it is the use of an object. "This jacket keeps you afloat if you go overboard."

The following animations depict the dynamical functionality of various paintball guns; I think they're excellent examples of Te:

these are cool

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    I consider that as Ti, not Te. I think of Ti as internal processes. (LSIs can be great mechanics btw). Te is more the external process of 'working on a paintball gun'. Te is more concerned about the practical end result, and not necessarily inclined to design elaborate systems for the sake of the system itself.
    but Ti is a static element, so it can't refer to processes. a process is dynamic by definition. and as far as I know, "external" means something like "objective" and "internal" something like "subjective", not literally external or internal.

these guns are systems, yes, but the point of the animations is to show the functionality of the various elements therein -- in other words, the explicit dynamics of objects.

I agree with what this article says about Te, that it "perceives information about animate and inanimate objects' physical activity, deeds, and actions/activities." that's what these animations depict.

I consider that as Ti, not Te. I think of Ti as internal processes. (LSIs can be great mechanics btw). Te is more the external process of 'working on a paintball gun'. Te is more concerned about the practical end result, and not necessarily inclined to design elaborate systems for the sake of the system itself.
    the chain reaction of motion depicted in those animations seems like Te to me. the blue print itself, absent of motion would be Ti. Ti is about the arrangement of each component relative to the others, forming a whole. Te is what actually happens when you put one thing besides another, what motion takes place.

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The PoLR function works differently from the Hidden Agenda function as being in a situation which required you to use your PoLR forces you to come up with practical solutions associated with the problems of your type.

The Hidden Agenda function when it's stimulated causes you to realise the problems with your type.

In effect, the PoLR is stumbling about blind, and the HA causes you to make some realisations.

Quote Originally Posted by Words View Post
    The PoLR function works differently from the Hidden Agenda function as being in a situation which required you to use your PoLR forces you to come up with practical solutions associated with the problems of your type.

The Hidden Agenda function when it's stimulated causes you to realise the problems with your type.

In effect, the PoLR is stumbling about blind, and the HA causes you to make some realisations.

hm i don't quite understand, could you give an example of the difference?

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

hm i don't quite understand, could you give an example of the difference?
    If for instance in Fe PoLR

The person would react in a very awkward manner, trying to use and display emotions that didn't fit.

With Fi HA

They will realise that they don't know how everyone feels, and the Fi will explain how people relate to each other, thus realising their weakness and therefore be able to display the appropriate emotions in the particular situation, so in a way realising the weakness of their type constructively.

So the PoLR use makes you struggle, whereas the HA use makes you realise what is going on and therefore be able to respond/handle the situation better.

If for instance in Fe PoLR

The person would react in a very awkward manner, trying to use and display emotions that didn't fit.

With Fi HA

They will realise that they don't know how everyone feels, and the Fi will explain how people relate to each other, thus realising their weakness and therefore be able to display the appropriate emotions in the particular situation, so in a way realising the weakness of their type constructively.

So the PoLR use makes you struggle, whereas the HA use makes you realise what is going on and therefore be able to respond/handle the situation better.

ok so you realize your type's weaknesses through the hidden agenda, which also lets you use the polr better. without the hidden agenda you are unaware of your weaknesses in the polr and will struggle to use it. is that correct?

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LIIbrarian View Post
    I think the dual seeking fits moreso than the PoLR. It's tricky with 1-D functions sometimes to differentiate PoLR from dual seeking. I really would like to be able to let loose emotionally but often don't feel comfortable doing that.
    That's Fe DS, not PoLR

I find the Creative function helps even more than the HA... I guess the HA can work just as well until one realizes they actually suck at using it

i agree with this, the polr is way too "narrow" an informational channel to get enough energy out to defend yourself directly, so you compensate by involving your stronger functions. i would imagine this defensive involvement eases when there is no pressure applied to your polr, either good or bad. then your polr would express itself more directly, in response to the real needs of the situation and not your fear-based expectations.
    Give some examples of where you think the PoLR would like to express itself directly in this fashion? Fi PoLR examples if you can

The following animations depict the dynamical functionality of various paintball guns; I think they're excellent examples of Te.
    OK so how do you think Ti would go about analysing these animations?

Quote Originally Posted by heavynurse
    Never Fi?

In SEEs I notice a couple of things: 1. a tendency to abandon principles in favor of who is upset at the current moment. I've seen this manifested in so many ways in the business world - SEEs tend to cave in to who's complaining the loudest. They value Se-speaking out and the Fi-emotions from people and there is rarely an impersonal decision made on principle. Whenever I see an SEE stick to a rule firmly, it's often because its implementation favors them and their emotional well-being in some way - not because of the virtue of the rule itself. I also notice 2. a strong desire / tendency to either A. live in the moment completely and ignore long-term planning and analysis and the consequences of decisions or B. to plan and map everything out to the extreme, and become somewhat paranoid if something new or a new piece of data interrupts what was previously expected.
    I actually relate a bit to some of this, well not to the parts about who I'd cave in to or about avoiding impersonal decisions and principles, no no that's not me.

I do however relate to the part about ignoring some consequences / living in the moment. Maybe I just ignore different kinds of consequences if compared to SEEs? I also relate to making up some rules because it favours me, much less often because of whatever abstract "virtue". Though sometimes there's that too. I guess just much less often if compared to Ti-base types.

I've also been seen planning out some stuff to avoid certain bad outcomes but more in a Ne PoLR-ish way really. What is this like for Ti PoLR specifically? Because what you describe here still seems like just low Ne to me. Where it may be related to Ti is that once my understanding in given area improved I was able to discard the overplanning and afterwards I just went about it in a very naturally flowing way just based on the great simplified down robust system I made up.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    OK so how do you think Ti would go about analysing these animations?
    I think ConcreteButterfly has a pretty good answer:
    the chain reaction of motion depicted in those animations seems like Te to me. the blue print itself, absent of motion would be Ti. Ti is about the arrangement of each component relative to the others, forming a whole. Te is what actually happens when you put one thing besides another, what motion takes place.
    Might you say "what action occurs" instead of "what motion takes place"? Like does "she was wearing a blue shirt" count as a Te-statement?

Never Fi?
    Possibly in some cases, but Maritsa's examples -- "it's not the right place" or "that's rude" -- seem like Fe. I feel like they are more oriented toward the collective -- how we feel -- than they are toward the individual -- how I feel. Fe is like general/objective feeling. Why is that rude? Because people don't like it when you do that. Fi is like individual/subjective feeling. Why is that rude? Because I don't like it when you do that. I guess there's the answer to your question lol. Maybe I'm just biased because I don't think Maritsa is EII.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

I think ConcreteButterfly has a pretty good answer: "the chain reaction of motion depicted in those animations seems like Te to me. the blue print itself, absent of motion would be Ti. Ti is about the arrangement of each component relative to the others, forming a whole. Te is what actually happens when you put one thing besides another, what motion takes place."
    Not a bad summary, this is when I feel like socionics is describing something real hahhah, the difference between Te and Ti for me is very real. In terms of my conscious mind not wanting to take in the former because it tries to orient towards the latter, static processing is very strongly preferred in this sense.

Might you say "what action occurs" instead of "what motion takes place"? Like does "she was wearing a blue shirt" count as a Te-statement?
    I think that statement is too generic and not necessarily Te or dynamic or anything. Could be Se too, just fine.

If you were trying to relate it to Ti, I'd say I prefer the blueprint explanation Because that's exactly how I am. "What action", that doesn't sound introverted to me.

Possibly in some cases, but Maritsa's examples -- "it's not the right place" or "that's rude" -- seem like Fe. I feel like they are more oriented toward the collective -- how we feel -- than they are toward the individual -- how I feel. Fe is like general/objective feeling. Why is that rude? Because people don't like it when you do that. Fi is like individual/subjective feeling. Why is that rude? Because I don't like it when you do that. I guess there's the answer to your question lol. Maybe I'm just biased because I don't think Maritsa is EII.
    I don't see "this is rude" etc statements as biased to be more oriented towards the collective. It could be any kind of F, Fi or Fe, depending. When you declare "this is rude" it doesn't say which it is. This statement can be coming from the person's subjective feelings just fine.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that statement is too generic and not necessarily Te or dynamic or anything.
    I think it could be seen as dynamic. Te perceives information about animate and inanimate objects' physical activity, deeds, and actions/activities. Wouldn't "she was wearing" or "she wore" fall under deeds, actions, and activities?

Could be Se too, just fine.
    I think the "blue shirt" part might count as Se because "blue" is a static and explicit property of "shirt", an object.

I don't see "this is rude" etc statements as biased to be more oriented towards the collective. It could be any kind of F, Fi or Fe, depending. When you declare "this is rude" it doesn't say which it is. This statement can be coming from the person's subjective feelings just fine.
    Fair enough. Do you think manners/etiquette is related to Fe?

something i've noticed about the polr is how it ties in with the demonstrative. if the demonstrative is getting a lot of feedback from the environment, the body automatically responds to it using the ignoring function as some kind of compass. however this interferes with the polr, the info to polr function isn't directly processed but only processed through the massive energy influx happening through the demonstrative.

i think for the polr to develop there has to be a baseline of stability in the demonstrative, no massive changes up or down.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    No one is perfectionist over their PoLR, unless they are in a very particular situation where they have to walk on eggshells, without any escape. Such a situation would be very stressful and draining. Even then it is more likely that this perfectionism is expressed through their mobilizing function.
    Maybe instead of "perfectionism" in this thread, it might be better to use the word "neurosis"

Maybe instead of "perfectionism" in this thread, it might be better to use the word "neurosis"
    I thought neurotic applied more to the role function? or is the entire super-ego block neurotic?

also polr seems to be something you avoid unless you have complete control over it. so perhaps it's perfectionist in the sense of looking for the perfect circumstances to express it?

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Neurosis is indeed the right word, especially because of the intimate relationship between the PoLR and Mobilizing function:

http://mavericksocionics.blogspot.nl...t-you-are.html
    Interesting.

How would this look in an LII?
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do not really have a very well developed empirical understanding of LIIs 'shortcomings', but perhaps this blog post might give some pointers:

http://mavericksocionics.blogspot.nl...stive-and.html

On a more social level, I would say LIIS and EIIs Mobilizing Si tends to pacify their environment. Normally this is done by selecting an environment that is already 'pacified', but in case it is not, they will try to pacify it using Si (trying to come across as relaxed about things, making suggestions for improving the relationship, trying to discuss issues while treating the opponent as an equal and they being reasonable), and in the process this would violate the principles involved with Se. This could create tension in interactions with Se-valuers, to which the Se-PoLR person would respond with even more Si-Mobilizing. Until, of course, the drop fills the bucket, and shit hits the fan and the LII or EII starts using Se, often causing the greatest damage to themselves.
    I resonate with this a lot, actually

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do not really have a very well developed empirical understanding of LIIs 'shortcomings', but perhaps this blog post might give some pointers:

http://mavericksocionics.blogspot.nl...stive-and.html

On a more social level, I would say LIIS and EIIs Mobilizing Si tends to pacify their environment. Normally this is done by selecting an environment that is already 'pacified', but in case it is not, they will try to pacify it using Si (trying to come across as relaxed about things, making suggestions for improving the relationship, trying to discuss issues while treating the opponent as an equal and they being reasonable), and in the process this would violate the principles involved with Se. This could create tension in interactions with Se-valuers, to which the Se-PoLR person would respond with even more Si-Mobilizing. Until, of course, the drop fills the bucket, and shit hits the fan and the LII or EII starts using Se, often causing the greatest damage to themselves.
    In which sense? Do you mean to say you agree with it, or that it applies to you?
    I mean that it applies to me in some ways...
    I dont think I have Se-POLR, however, because I feel more pressure/self-consciousness/fear/disgust/resistance when it comes to Te-related things. Se-POLR is possible though, haven't definitively ruled it out yet. Fi-POLR... nah... can't say i resonate...but i can change my mind with more examples. I dont think i relate to Ni-POLR either, though I do have a hard time knowing how long things will take, and am pretty terrible at it; it hasn't particularly been an area of pain or neurosis for me though at least not that i've been able to recognize. Also, even though i'm often running late to things, I usually end up being relatively punctual. I do enjoy when i dont have a set time i need to be somewhere though; less pressure, more relaxing.

Though perhaps my neurosis that happens for being criticized for not being efficient might have to do with taking too long to do stuff and misjudging time... idk. I get extremely self-conscious and embarrassed when criticized for "not reading enough" though, which if I understand correctly, kind of screams Te-POLR to me. Actually, I am extremely self-conscious about that always and i do feel a bit helpless about it thinking the vast amount of info that i should be reading (i dont even know where to start!). It does help when i am given things to read (as long as not too much all at once), and I'm really thankful when profs just sit down and actually explain things to me-- i remember what they taught me forever, and I also love them for it (so idk if that's Te-POLR or Te-seeking?). It also makes reading about that topic easier for me. And i couldn't care less about cost in my daily work and the business side of things; i get annoyed when people start talking about that kind of stuff (even though i'm sure it's important). I find it boring and kind of goes against my ethics sometimes (not always though because people i serve sometimes appreciate cost consideration).

There's more but i'm not going to go into it. Even this sharing this much is really embarrassing for me and makes me feel kind of defensive. Somehow, I still have ended up knowing a decent amount of knowledge or at least enough to do a good job, and if i dont know something, i really appreciate not being judged for it (i will remember someone fondly when they explain it to me instead of criticizing me for it). Once i learn something i do remember it for a long long time, which helps. Also reading on a directed topic, for the purpose of teaching others or not letting patients down, comes slightly more easily to me than just doing general reading to gather knowledge/facts. I putting together powerpoint talks on a certain topic i want to know more about, and that does give me a push to gather info as i shape the talk into something my students/audience would enjoy and get something out of.

But wrt which POLR I am, I'm still figuring things out. This thread has been really really helpful. I think POLRs might be a useful way to confirm self-type because it's hard to mistake and fairly easy to pinpoint a painful area that gives you neurosis.

Let's get some more discussion in here!
    Last edited by Suz; 12-26-2014 at 07:50 PM. Reason: typos

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I mean that it applies to me in some ways...
    I dont think I have Se-POLR, however, because I feel more pressure/self-consciousness/fear/disgust/resistance when it comes to Te-related things. Se-POLR is possible though, haven't definitively ruled it out yet. Fi-POLR... nah... can't say i resonate...but i can change my mind with more examples. I dont think i relate to Ni-POLR either, though I do have a hard time knowing how long things will take, and am pretty terrible at it; it hasn't particularly been an area of pain or neurosis for me though at least not that i've been able to recognize. Also, even though i'm often running late to things, I usually end up being relatively punctual. I do enjoy when i dont have a set time i need to be somewhere though; less pressure, more relaxing.

Though perhaps my neurosis that happens for being criticized for not being efficient might have to do with taking too long to do stuff and misjudging time... idk. I get extremely self-conscious and embarrassed when criticized for "not reading enough" though, which if I understand correctly, kind of screams Te-POLR to me. Actually, I am extremely self-conscious about that always and i do feel a bit helpless about it thinking the vast amount of info that i should be reading (i dont even know where to start!). It does help when i am given things to read (as long as not too much all at once), and I'm really thankful when profs just sit down and actually explain things to me-- i remember what they taught me forever, and I also love them for it (so idk if that's Te-POLR or Te-seeking?). It also makes reading about that topic easier for me. And i couldn't care less about cost in my daily work and the business side of things; i get annoyed when people start talking about that kind of stuff (even though i'm sure it's important). I find it boring and kind of goes against my ethics sometimes (not always though because people i serve sometimes appreciate cost consideration).

There's more but i'm not going to go into it. Even this sharing this much is really embarrassing for me and makes me feel kind of defensive. Somehow, I still have ended up knowing a decent amount of knowledge or at least enough to do a good job, and if i dont know something, i really appreciate not being judged for it (i will remember someone fondly when they explain it to me instead of criticizing me for it). Once i learn something i do remember it for a long long time, which helps. Also reading on a directed topic, for the purpose of teaching others or not letting patients down, comes slightly more easily to me than just doing general reading to gather knowledge/facts. I putting together powerpoint talks on a certain topic i want to know more about, and that does give me a push to gather info as i shape the talk into something my students/audience would enjoy and get something out of.

But wrt which POLR I am, I'm still figuring things out. This thread has been really really helpful. I think POLRs might be a useful way to confirm self-type because it's hard to mistake and fairly easy to pinpoint a painful area that gives you neurosis.

Let's get some more discussion in here!
    I pretty sure is my PoLR but have wondered if is also possible.

Here's the PoLR description from Wikisocion, which for the most part I relate to:

The individual tries hard to never let himself "come apart at the seams" emotionally or even let out strong feelings publicly, because displays of passion do not come naturally and make him feel self-consciousness and vulnerable to painful criticism. This makes the individual generally seem emotionally neutral and politely indifferent to excitement and agitation around him. The individual deeply dislikes attempts by others to get him to "cheer up" or "join the fun", especially in the context of group activities with loud emotional expression.

However, here is dual seeking, which I also relate to:

The individual often becomes engrossed in serious work, which leads him to neglect his complementary need for fun and emotional release. He also feels vulnerable expressing himself spontaneously in public, which allows bad emotions and stress to build up, leading to depression or sudden hostility. He enjoys being around people who make him feel comfortable expressing himself, and who can make every day new and exciting.
    Although he may present a hard exterior in the company of strangers, he is likely to not be serious at all with people who know him better. His behavior changes radically - a calm and serious structured person will suddenly become jovial and warm.

I think the dual seeking fits moreso than the PoLR. It's tricky with 1-D functions sometimes to differentiate PoLR from dual seeking. I really would like to be able to let loose emotionally but often don't feel comfortable doing that.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Suz: did you ever post a video or pictures of yourself here?
    No but i may make one soon...

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

@Suz: did you ever post a video or pictures of yourself here?
    No, but she PM-ed me one and I WILL NEVER EVER EVER RELEASE IT TO ANYONE.
    She appeared on tiny chat.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12