Quote Originally Posted by Golden View Post
But I do think this (overproduce, then pare down) is a valid strategy for creative processes in general, tbh. I wouldn't have thought it should be a mere preference.
So that's what it is. One of my friends likes tossing me random ideas, because I'll then go on really long-winded, highly detailed rambles where I compare and contrast and think out different ideas. In general incredibly over-detailed and long-winded rants are my style, but I always figured it for exclusively a Dynamic thing.

BG noted a similar habit where he'll make lots of parenthetical statements. For me, when I do that, it's like they're branches in the overall mass of thought that are somewhat unique but can't really adequately be removed from whatever thought it is that they're parenthetical to.

I think DA thinking and writing is a lot like a slime mold growing. It's this expanding mass that picks up detritus and nutriment that then coalesces into branches and filaments given enough time

When it comes to writing and thinking, for Dynamics, the focus is on the journey: "Here's the idea, and here's how I arrived at it, laid out in painstaking detail". I suppose Statics are more about "Here are the conclusions and the structure."

Another SEI I know also commented that she has a lot of trouble telling stories because she really wants to start at the beginning, but knows that other people don't want to hear long-winded rambles filled with irrelevant details as she leads up to her "point". In the face of that, it's often too hard to pick a point closer to what she's (or I'm) trying to get at. If you can't mentally build up to what you're trying to say, there's no way of saying it, that build-up is a vital component of the idea.

Anyway. I think I've demonstrated DA's epic capacity for WAY TOO MUCH INFORMATION.