Hybrid View

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    I have a good sort of visual-impressionistic metaphor for DA, but its kind of hard to translate. The best I can represent it as would be something like a scale that has weight being constantly poured onto it, and the EJ's role is to dictate where the weight falls in order to maintain proper balance. I think it makes a lot of sense for Aristocratic EJs: rational aristocracy is all about maintaining a social structure, so its fitting that the EJs have a style of thinking that supports their role, one focused on "keeping things together." The mental assumption of EJ temperament is that everything is in motion, and that it should be organized, and that energy needs to be exerted in order to maintain organization; the Democrat EJs, being the transition point to aristocratic quadras, take a more generative role with Vortex thinking, finding the right opportunity to promote cathectic action; once the shift is made into an extant collective, the Aristocratic EJs take on the role of holding everything together once the opportunity to organize has been capitalized upon.
    This is a good description of me. If I see something is missing, I provide it. Like if everybody is on one side, I will become the side that is absent and fill the role. Even if I totally don't believe in what I am arguing. There is something missing and I pick it up. Even when it often means being the bad guy. Somebody has to be the bad guy, and the bad guy is bad for a reason. He is a product of something.

And I am always changing. The person you were debating with no longer exists later. He was used and discarded for purpose.

The movie on Facebook, The Social Network. This probably never happened but at the end of the movie somebody says to Zuckerberg, "You are not really an asshole, Mark. You just try so hard to be." I related to that a lot.

“A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines. With consistency a great soul has simply nothing to do. He may as well concern himself with his shadow on the wall. Speak what you think now in hard words, and to-morrow speak what to-morrow thinks in hard words again, though it contradict every thing you said to-day. — 'Ah, so you shall be sure to be misunderstood.' — Is it so bad, then, to be misunderstood? Pythagoras was misunderstood, and Socrates, and Jesus, and Luther, and Copernicus, and Galileo, and Newton, and every pure and wise spirit that ever took flesh. To be great is to be misunderstood.”- Emerson

"And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it, and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them."

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tearsofaclown View Post
    This is a good description of me. If I see something is missing, I provide it. Like if everybody is on one side, I will become the side that is absent and fill the role. Even if I totally don't believe in what I am arguing. There is something missing and I pick it up. Even when it often means being the bad guy. Somebody has to be the bad guy, and the bad guy is bad for a reason. He is a product of something.

And I am always changing. The person you were debating with no longer exists later. He was used and discarded for purpose.

The movie on Facebook, The Social Network. This probably never happened but at the end of the movie somebody says to Zuckerberg, "You are not really an asshole, Mark. You just try so hard to be." I related to that a lot.

“A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines. With consistency a great soul has simply nothing to do. He may as well concern himself with his shadow on the wall. Speak what you think now in hard words, and to-morrow speak what to-morrow thinks in hard words again, though it contradict every thing you said to-day. — 'Ah, so you shall be sure to be misunderstood.' — Is it so bad, then, to be misunderstood? Pythagoras was misunderstood, and Socrates, and Jesus, and Luther, and Copernicus, and Galileo, and Newton, and every pure and wise spirit that ever took flesh. To be great is to be misunderstood.”- Emerson
    fwiw you sound like an IEE much more than EIE, quite possibly the Fi subtype.
    ~* astralsilky

Each essence is a separate glass,
    Through which Sun of Being’s Light is passed,
    Each tinted fragment sparkles with the Sun,
    A thousand colors, but the Light is One.

Jami, 15th c. Persian Poet

Post types & fully individuated before 2012 ...

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vesstheastralsilky View Post
    fwiw you sound like an IEE much more than EIE, quite possibly the Fi subtype.
    I've heard that. You may be right.
    "And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it, and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them."