Thread: LII or ILI?

Default LII or ILI?

I'm unsure regarding what I am, I had ruminated between constant options that I have lost track of who I am, there's the thing, though, regarding my style of cognition, I can surely say that I am one of the dialectic, which would indicate ILI. But my ever constant meekness, my fear of conflict, and my love for being cared for, surely makes one doubt. Specially considering I've been talking with this SEI girl, and we get along pretty well, albeit, she's rigid, loves her routine, and in her way of speaking, I find the dialogue and mannerisms of a child rather than one of a mature being. According to Socionics, we are not supposed to get along, but I can't just help to feel attracted to her caring and gentle manners, I feel pampered and desired. I don't know if my doubts are due to the fact that I suffer from chronic social anxiety, that may impede/suppress my real being, talking with this girl was such a chore, and a mount I had to climb, I was shaking, sweating, and I spoke at the tandem of my chattering teeth.

Considering how I am when I feel safe, I'd say that I shift between this pseudo-SLE persona, where I start acting all vulgar and domineering. Talking and expressing emotions is something that discomforts me, and expressing anger is (paradoxically) my sadness. I think that I have been shifting between an epoch of rebellion, after many times of being dominated and acting submissive, I yearn for a little bit of the reverse, a little bit of being in power, of expressing what I had to subdue, I expressed this by rebelling and being a transgressor of norms, I stole and insulted. As knotty as it may seem, I feel comfortable at stealing, insulting and doing anything that is NOT related to the expression of what I am, that is, speaking, a long with my anxiety I suffer from horrifying stuttering, and by speaking, I feel vulnerable to be ever shifting between vocal tonalities and structured accords that is something that I fear.

Pardon for any grammatical errors as English is not my maternal language.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

try a video and questionnaire

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ReasonOfReason View Post
    I'm unsure regarding what I am, I had ruminated between constant options that I have lost track of who I am, there's the thing, though, regarding my style of cognition, I can surely say that I am one of the dialectic, which would indicate ILI. But my ever constant meekness, my fear of conflict, and my love for being cared for, surely makes one doubt. Specially considering I've been talking with this SEI girl, and we get along pretty well, albeit, she's rigid, loves her routine, and in her way of speaking, I find the dialogue and mannerisms of a child rather than one of a mature being. According to Socionics, we are not supposed to get along, but I can't just help to feel attracted to her caring and gentle manners, I feel pampered and desired. I don't know if my doubts are due to the fact that I suffer from chronic social anxiety, that may impede/suppress my real being, talking with this girl was such a chore, and a mount I had to climb, I was shaking, sweating, and I spoke at the tandem of my chattering teeth.

Considering how I am when I feel safe, I'd say that I shift between this pseudo-SLE persona, where I start acting all vulgar and domineering. Talking and expressing emotions is something that discomforts me, and expressing anger is (paradoxically) my sadness. I think that I have been shifting between an epoch of rebellion, after many times of being dominated and acting submissive, I yearn for a little bit of the reverse, a little bit of being in power, of expressing what I had to subdue, I expressed this by rebelling and being a transgressor of norms, I stole and insulted. As knotty as it may seem, I feel comfortable at stealing, insulting and doing anything that is NOT related to the expression of what I am, that is, speaking, a long with my anxiety I suffer from horrifying stuttering, and by speaking, I feel vulnerable to be ever shifting between vocal tonalities and structured accords that is something that I fear.

I'll spell it out for you. Do you agree with the concept that life is a game? That you're just playing a more complex and all-encompassing version of Chess or something similar? If so ILI.

I'm best buddies with an LII myself and I get why we get along so well as well. He's also family so there's that but the fact remains we get along despite the fact theory says we really ought to be at each other's throats.

LII's are far too rational for their own good but us ILI's can understand that. We went through a similar phase ourselves. Hell he even told me as such (he's got a decade on me IRL). "You used to be annoying. Now you're great!"

May look like an LxI, but -Te Metaphor's Avatar
    TIM
    Te-ILI-N/D SO/sp 5w6
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ReasonOfReason View Post

Probably LII.
    Typology Diagnostic Service

Typology Discord Server

Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel: "The history of the world is none other than the progress of the consciousness of freedom."

TIM
    Te-ILI-N/D SO/sp 5w6
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by End View Post
    LII's are far too rational for their own good but us ILI's can understand that. We went through a similar phase ourselves. Hell he even told me as such (he's got a decade on me IRL). "You used to be annoying. Now you're great!"
    Intriguing. I also have had a few if not some LII friends also... no, even an ex too, haha.
    They tend to suffice at formal debates while I tend to struggle unless when it's situational.
    Anyway, what are your thoughts on ILI-Te?

Typology Discord Server

Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel: "The history of the world is none other than the progress of the consciousness of freedom."

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

@Metaphor They lean into the weaknesses of our type rather than our strengths.

An ILI-Te is a *real* hardcore Asperger's autist. ILI-Ni types like me grasp that things like Charisma are, in the end, a "learnable" skill and we can master it if we put in the effort.

The former will bitch and moan about some consideration. sucks and we wish for a world where that fails to matter but it does now, will probably continue to matter well into the future, and thus we'd best make our peace with it.

Thankfully you can use opposing functions to understand how they work if you're humble enough. can decode and vice-versa. Ya just gotta admit that is possible and can settle for a sub-optimal outcome.

It works but not all that great. Works "good enough" though. Yeah the basement is still a bit damp but it's not flooded and is in fact quite livable if you ignore that pool of water over there.

TIM
    Te-ILI-N/D SO/sp 5w6
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by End View Post
    @Metaphor They lean into the weaknesses of our type rather than our strengths.

An ILI-Te is a *real* hardcore Asperger's autist. ILI-Ni types like me grasp that things like Charisma are, in the end, a "learnable" skill and we can master it if we put in the effort.

The former will bitch and moan about some consideration. sucks and we wish for a world where that fails to matter but it does now, will probably continue to matter well into the future, and thus we'd best make our peace with it.

Thankfully you can use opposing functions to understand how they work if you're humble enough. can decode and vice-versa. Ya just gotta admit that is possible and can settle for a sub-optimal outcome.

It works but not all that great. Works "good enough" though. Yeah the basement is still a bit damp but it's not flooded and is in fact quite livable if you ignore that pool of water over there.
    Just how come all of these were accurate... the way you worded it. The fact that all of these represent my struggles when it comes to existing signify what I have had thought for the longest time, especially the Asperger's autist part which was solid for an offensive roast. Apparently, they are ILI-Ni's twin sibling but also LII's far cousin...

By the way, regarding ILI-Ni, if ILI-Te is the Asperger's autist, then they are rather the schizo twin sibling that suffers from dissociative derealization. Their appears subtle if not barely non-existent due to their heavy reliant on imagination, only apparent when they begin to see that these things hardly align to their perception of world-view or simply the imagery they have inside their mind, which tends to complicate what is required to decode ethics despite they tend to be amiable, somewhat.

Typology Discord Server

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Metaphor View Post
    Just how come all of these were accurate... the way you worded it. The fact that all of these represent my struggles when it comes to existing signify what I have had thought for the longest time, especially the Asperger's autist part which was solid for an offensive roast. Apparently, they are ILI-Ni's twin sibling but also LII's far cousin...

By the way, regarding ILI-Ni, if ILI-Te is the Asperger's autist, then they are rather the schizo twin sibling that suffers from dissociative derealization. Their appears subtle if not barely non-existent due to their heavy reliant on imagination, only apparent when they begin to see that these things hardly align to their perception of world-view or simply the imagery they have inside their mind, which tends to complicate what is required to decode ethics despite they tend to be amiable, somewhat.
    Tough but, well, fair. When one leans too far into the visions tend to captivate and overwhelm the rational realm of one's mind. I'd accuse the broken IEI- types of going completely off the rails because if gets significant control with assistance holy *hell* do things get really bad really fast.

At least we have a bit of a limiter placed upon us. With ya just ride the wave until you smash against the rocks. knows that the concept of rocks exists and you're better off preparing for the situation where you hit one rather than assuming everyone else took care of the rocks beforehand.

Fun fact: The more I contemplate all this the more certain I become of Martial Artists being some form of / dominant type. Hard not to be if that's a primary decision axis for you. Also why the whole field appeals to you so strongly in a culture hellbent on denying all forms of masculinity!

Fun Fact #2: This is essentially Western vs. Eastern Civilization. / and / vs. / and /. Now that I think on it boy oh boy does it make sense. Hell I know an LSI mofo who agrees with me for, from my perspective, alien reasons and he's able to spell it out in ways I can't. Fucking hell man...