Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: Try this socionics test - ru.laser.ru

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    The idea is that the stronger the Fi, the stronger the tendency will be, hence my mentioning ESI-Fi over ESI-Se.
    ESI-Se has stronger Fi than the overwhelming majority of types though. Yet I assume they'd generally answer in the negative, where the way LII-Nes are usually described I'd think they'd generally answer in the affirmative. So it seems like only a weak indicator of Fi and seems more strongly related to weak/devalued Se.

My reasoning is, there is more than one factor affecting this, yes, but Fi is one of the strongest factors affecting it. So the question belongs to this section alright to contribute to the overall score.
    I'd prefer questions that strictly gauge that element alone. This is harder to construct than just throwing out anything that could potentially be related to that element, but there are concrete differences between the way the elements are described that a test could be built around. There's no similar question to gauge Se devaluation after all, so this type of question just muddies the waters and leads to inaccurate scoring.

I remember taking a Socionics test two or three years ago (when I mainly knew MBTI) on OkCupid, I'm pretty sure it was one of the ones Subteigh designed actually since I recognized the question he recently asked about from it. That's a good example of a well-designed test that strictly gauges elements and other typing criteria on their own terms.

Maybe ask @mu4 as to why he likes this test? As soon as I showed it to him (a while ago) he was very excited about it for some reason and put it up here. I never got around to asking him as to what he saw as great in this test. I personally did find certain sections great adding to my understanding of things in a shockingly effective way but in other sections I do find some questions weird, so like I said, it could be translation issues or idk what it is.
    Could be a good question to ask, for sure.
    Last edited by Nanooka; 06-12-2017 at 02:26 AM.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Fi flows inward. That's how I see it when I poke EIIs with my logic. I think many tests do not isolate well enough since those types tend to associate it to be much wider and holy than it really is.

me<-~-object
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nanooka View Post
    ESI-Se has stronger Fi than the overwhelming majority of types though. Yet I assume they'd generally answer in the negative, where the way LII-Nes are usually described I'd think they'd generally answer in the affirmative. So it seems like only a weak indicator of Fi and seems more strongly related to weak/devalued Se.
    I don't see how this is an argument for it being more strongly related to Se superego.

The statement was: "I prefer to make peace with people, avoid conflict and disputes."

Going by the theory, it's Fi>Ti and Ne>Se. So at best, equally related to Se superego. Not more related to that than to Fi.

I'd prefer questions that strictly gauge that element alone.
    I'd prefer it too, in an utopia.

(Yes you can define an IE okay but it's going to be longer than a simple test question then. And it will require self-awareness to answer it well.)

This is harder to construct than just throwing out anything that could potentially be related to that element, but there are concrete differences between the way the elements are described that a test could be built around. There's no similar question to gauge Se devaluation after all, so this type of question just muddies the waters and leads to inaccurate scoring.
    For the last part (on muddying the waters), no, because the scores are created from many more questions. Think of it as a part of the overall heuristics.

But if upon checking results from many test takers, a question is found not to correlate well to the other questions trying to measure the same thing it does need to be thrown out.

I remember taking a Socionics test two or three years ago (when I mainly knew MBTI) on OkCupid, I'm pretty sure it was one of the ones Subteigh designed actually since I recognized the question he recently asked about from it. That's a good example of a well-designed test that strictly gauges elements and other typing criteria on their own terms.
    I didn't find that test to be better tbh, it wasn't strictly gauging elements - no such test exists outside utopia .

(I do have an idea on a test that's not about trying to ask about elements via self reporting, but it's also more for scientific research purposes really.)

Could be a good question to ask, for sure.
    Heh if he checks the mention.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

I also don't think Fi base types would usually describe themselves as liking to be the center of attention, which has nothing to do with pleasing others and isn't necessarily the same as infecting people with optimism. Neither of which, especially the latter, are things necessarily related to Fi either.
    Found the references to Ne DS liking the attention thingy, whatever that may mean or however it may make sense Second reference also makes note of carnivals/festivals stuff.

1. The questionnaire I gave you a few questions from in your type thread. (I can find a link for it, I only have a copy saved on my computer now.) Says: "Is it important to be at the center of a situation where everything revolves around you?" (Testing for Ne DS pretty much)
    2. From Golihov: Ne as suggestive function of SLI (ISTp; Jean Gabin) and SEI (ISFp; Dumas) - "the person looks for a place to stay where there is external stability, harmony in the flow of things, positive atmosphere, and avoids places that are lacking in this. According to this principle he builds his personal life and work. Becomes inspired by bold innovative ideas, sometimes can get involved with unexpected, original proposals. Loves nature because it is constant, not changing, always calm and harmonious. Suggestible by external harmony and does not like sudden interruptions. If such interruptions happen, he simply leaves and goes to where it's more harmonious without trying to change anything. Often harmony for him is where he feels himself to be in the center of a situation, where everything revolves around him. Likes to attend carnivals, festivals, holiday, since they bring an external harmony, holiday atmosphere. Usually these types of people absorb the atmosphere, the settings, and the situations which prevailed at the time when they were small, and then attempt to reproduce it throughout their life. In general, they are very fond of remembering their childhood as something that they would want to come back to. Very fond of talented people: artists, musicians, poets, and sometimes even ready to support them financially for the opportunity to be in their company, often dragging them to their home so that the place lights up. Look for people who believe that everything will be fine, who believe in a positive future. Do not like the unpredictability, the chaos of the future, when someone has to help them find the right options, to catch the right opportunity, so he is very trusting and suggestible in decision-making. Likes predictability, moving "from one milestone to another." If this sequence is disrupted and an unexpected event happens, he may fall into "stupor", thus they are trying to take precautions, to provide for in advance, to cover for all contingencies. A good place for him is where is external wholeness, some orientating marks for the general movement, some suggested schedule and course of action. For example: 1) go to college 2) take these courses 3) finish it in 4 years. If he falls into some schedule, some routine, then to leave it is difficult for him due to difficulty in seeing options. Instead he may suddenly switch to another, more advanced schedule, with a guaranteed "bright future"."
    Last edited by Myst; 06-12-2017 at 06:58 PM.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't see how this is an argument for it being more strongly related to Se superego.

The statement was: "I prefer to make peace with people, avoid conflict and disputes."

Going by the theory, it's Fi>Ti and Ne>Se. So at best, equally related to Se superego. Not more related to that than to Fi.
    Simple: it would fit LIIs more than ESIs, by my reading of the types, because I think both subtypes of LII would generally answer positively but only the Fi subtype of ESI would. That would logically mean it's a stronger indicator of Se superego than Fi base, since LIIs are Fi superego where ESIs aren't. I'd agree that it fits EII most of all.

(Yes you can define an IE okay but it's going to be longer than a simple test question then. And it will require self-awareness to answer it well.)
    Subteigh's test solved the "longness" issue by just having paragraphs for questions. I don't really see an issue with that? They're just a few sentences and allow for questions that are much more element or temperament-specific, as opposed to the vagueness of this where most questions could suit any number of type-related dynamics. Often so many that I'd consider them flat-out NTR.

For the last part (on muddying the waters), no, because the scores are created from many more questions. Think of it as a part of the overall heuristics.
    But these questions themselves are generally ones that could indicate far more things than just that one function. You can't develop accurate heuristics out of a series of unrepresentative questions, this one included.

(I do have an idea on a test that's not about trying to ask about elements via self reporting, but it's also more for scientific research purposes really.)
    What's your idea?

Found the references to Ne DS liking the attention thingy, whatever that may mean or however it may make sense Second reference also makes note of carnivals/festivals stuff.
    Again, super interesting snippet. Thanks for that. If Golihov is accurate (I wouldn't just instinctively trust a Socionist just because they have a Russian surname though), then it seems like this is in certain circumstances typical of Si base types. He specifies that it's in harmonious, relaxed ("holiday atmosphere") situations, which would make a lot of sense for SxIs.

Carnivals and festivals don't really vibe the same as loud sporting events and similar though, if you're drawing a comparison there. A festival can be a music festival, but what that generally brings to mind for me are community festivals which do seem more Si-leaning in nature. Usually you have samplings of local food, businesses displaying interesting wares, sometimes a ferris wheel, and overall a very relaxed pace. Carnivals likewise if that word is being used accurately (called "county fairs" in the US), they're just a more ride-heavy and less culturally-inclined form of festival. If it's being used as synonymous with "circus," then it's big on spectacle but generally not very raucous.
    Last edited by Nanooka; 06-12-2017 at 08:40 PM.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Simple: it would fit LIIs more than ESIs, by my reading of the types, because I think both subtypes of LII would generally answer positively but only the Fi subtype of ESI would. That would logically mean it's a stronger indicator of Se superego than Fi base, since LIIs are Fi superego where ESIs aren't. I'd agree that it fits EII most of all.
    LII-Ti can engage in some conflicts in my experience. (As far as this is type related.) ESI-Se doesn't engage in some conflicts that beta STs do engage in. Etc. See below for more for continuation of this topic.

Subteigh's test solved the "longness" issue by just having paragraphs for questions. I don't really see an issue with that? They're just a few sentences and allow for questions that are much more element or temperament-specific, as opposed to the vagueness of this where most questions could suit any number of type-related dynamics. Often so many that I'd consider them flat-out NTR.
    Those paragraphs were not entirely specific to type either, still not the perfect test I imagine in my little utopia.

But these questions themselves are generally ones that could indicate far more things than just that one function. You can't develop accurate heuristics out of a series of unrepresentative questions, this one included.
    We disagree on how far it's representative. To settle this, go conduct a big study to do proper psychometrics for the test (or for Subteigh's).

Note: to be clear, I don't think the test is perfect, far from it.

What's your idea?
    Sorry, don't have time to get into this now, PM me and we can talk about it later in the week.

Again, super interesting snippet. Thanks for that. If Golihov is accurate (I wouldn't just instinctively trust a Socionist just because they have a Russian surname though), then it seems like this is in certain circumstances typical of Si base types. He specifies that it's in harmonious, relaxed ("holiday atmosphere") situations though, which would make sense for SxIs.

Carnivals and festivals don't really vibe the same as loud sporting events and similar though, if you're drawing a comparison there. The former are generally also big on spectacle, but much less raucous.
    Np.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Carnivals and festivals don't really vibe the same as loud sporting events and similar though, if you're drawing a comparison there. A festival can be a music festival, but what that generally brings to mind for me are community festivals which do seem more Si-leaning in nature. Usually you have samplings of local food, businesses displaying interesting wares, sometimes a ferris wheel, and overall a very relaxed pace. Carnivals likewise if that word is being used accurately (called "county fairs" in the US), they're just a more ride-heavy and less culturally-inclined form of festival. If it's being used as synonymous with "circus," then it's big on spectacle but generally not very raucous.
    Hmm I always saw them as a lot of chance for intense sensory enjoyment. But for me that's not with a slow pace. For other people it subjectively can be absorbed at a slower pace I suppose. For the latter, it would mean more focus on consuming (Si) the sensations instead of the main focus being on acquiring the object of desire (Se). The question could've elaborated on that aspect... And, if a sporting event is linked to wanting your team to end up winning or the event is full of troublemakers then it's different sure (Se>Si), if that's what you meant... in terms of the sensory enjoyment however, I see it the same way as any other spectacle (Si>Se). Again, the question could've elaborated on this more, but since it was talking about the spectacle aspect I think it made an attempt at it. Even if not obvious enough to some people, I guess, which is what should be fixed in the way the question is put.

I hope that's clear as to what my point is there

OK, gotta go, back later in the second half of the week.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LII-Ti can engage in some conflicts in my experience.
    The question isn't really whether it happens, but whether they prefer to veer away from it. Like, probably related as a probable fellow Se-superego: I'm instinctively stressed out when I see that someone's quoted my posts, because it tells me that I'm now probably involved in a debate.

LIIs often get involved in debates, but based on every description of them I'd guess it similarly stresses them out no matter the subtype. They seem to get involved in debates to correct things that are seen as inaccurate, but tend to actively dislike the conflict in and of itself. Like it's almost an unwanted compulsion.

We disagree on how far it's representative. To settle this, go conduct a big study to do proper psychometrics for the test (or for Subteigh's).
    That would have any number of difficulties. The easiest way would be to see if the type received matches the self-typing, but people for various reasons often have self-typings that are less descriptive of them than some other type. If I had the time and interest I could conduct in-depth interviews as a way of rectifying that problem, but to be honest, I don't.

in terms of the sensory enjoyment however, I see it the same way as any other spectacle (Si>Se).
    Sure, enjoying the sensory thrill of a sporting event would fit any Sensor type. I'd think an SxI would generally get at least slightly uncomfortable if that event becomes too raucous though. Especially if they're E9, which is a common type for SEIs and SLIs.

Again, the question could've elaborated on this more, but since it was talking about the spectacle aspect I think it made an attempt at it.
    I think it did so pretty poorly since Se-egos would answer the exact same way, per the usual description and my experience with them they also would generally enjoy the sensory spectacle IMO in addition to the struggle. As said above I also think, while they generally wouldn't be looking at the same thing, due to the specific examples given being battle scenes/loud sporting events/etc., EIEs who relish the raucous energy of the event would probably often answer in the affirmative. Few people would separate out the energy of the event from the sensory element in answering that question, it would be taken more simply as "do you like battle scenes/intense sporting events/etc.?" Especially since the word "spectacle" was used which implies an element of exactly the dramatism that EIEs gravitate towards. Yet they're Si-PoLR.

Even if not obvious enough to some people, I guess, which is what should be fixed in the way the question is put.
    I'd agree with that. It could maybe be a good test with a lot of re-wording, but honestly that's 1/2 to 3/4 of the questions.
    Last edited by Nanooka; 06-12-2017 at 09:37 PM.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I think Edward Snowden is LII-Ti. He caused lots of conflicting views.
    There are other LIIs out there that I have seen doing overblown stuff to get reactions. When emotions take control over their mind... they are non-physically out of handle
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

The idea is that the stronger the Fi, the stronger the tendency will be, hence my mentioning ESI-Fi over ESI-Se.

My reasoning is, there is more than one factor affecting this, yes, but Fi is one of the strongest factors affecting it. So the question belongs to this section alright to contribute to the overall score.
    Dunno but they definitely could be translation issues.

Maybe ask @mu4 as to why he likes this test? As soon as I showed it to him (a while ago) he was very excited about it for some reason and put it up here. I never got around to asking him as to what he saw as great in this test. I personally did find certain sections great adding to my understanding of things in a shockingly effective way but in other sections I do find some questions weird, so like I said, it could be translation issues or idk what it is.
    I don't think the whole test is anything special, but there are parts of it that is surprising and insightful, it's somewhat different than the typical MBTI test as well which takers are very used to taking and gaming the answer the way they want it.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mhm. But if it's far more specific to EII than ESI, and at least as related to Se-devaluation so it's often not even Fi-related, then it seems like a really bad question to toss under the "Fi" section.

I agree with this, correlation with argumentativeness is much better fit under Se and has virtually nothing to do with Fi.

ESI-Fi is pretty conflict avoidant really... less than EII, but still a clear Fi influence in it.
    No, they aren't. People like you tend to confuse people who don't want to engage in an argument for conflict avoidant when they aren't the same thing. ESI-Fi definitely aren't conflict avoidant, they may not enjoy an argument for it's own sake but they aren't types to shy away from one either.

Going by the theory, it's Fi>Ti and Ne>Se.
    According to what theory? Where did you find this information?
    Hey, feel free to PM me with any opinions about my type

TIM
    IxI-Ni
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

socionics test - ru.laser.ru
    Section A

1. I am very interested in solving complex issues and unraveling a tangle of contradictions.
    2. Thanks to my imagination and seeing different solutions to the problem, I quickly find a way out of difficult, complicated situations and troubles that seem hopeless to others.
    3. I love everything unusual, mysterious and enigmatic.
    4. I always consider the problem from an unexpected side.
    5. Completely new and unusual insights occur to me often and I try to convince others to see my point of view.
    6. I love to argue, as I instantly notice the weaknesses in interlocutor's statements (or reports, speeches, proposals, projects, works of art or machines and equipment) and I can find good counterarguments.
    7. I quickly discover imperfections/flaws of almost any person.
    8. I hardly tolerate being subordinate or given orders.
    9. I perfect myself, my abilities and skills, in order to increase the chances of achieving my goals quickly.
    10. I think and compare things a lot, noticing contradictions and inconsistencies.
    Section B

1. I am prone to create beautiful/harmonious images in my mind.
    2. I'm very curious, I try to imagine various scenarios and often intuitively anticipate the consequences of any actions or changes; I believe in fate.
    3. My ideal is a life in an atmosphere of art, in beautiful surroundings, comfort and well-being; I would like to live in the last century or in the future.
    4. I could not work in a hospital, because I cannot stand the hospital environment (odour, the appearance of patients etc.).
    5. I like anything unusual, beautiful, informative, food for though: I love music, art, theater, books.
    6. My opinion of myself matters more than opinions of other people. love music, art, theater, books.
    7. I treat people with irony, but I don't humiliate them.
    8. I am internally inconsistent and unpredictable in my decisions.
    9. I need to engage in art, as it is a means of expression.
    10. I act in order to surround myself with beautiful things (harmony, elegance, aesthetics, works of art).
    Section C

1. I am an impulsive person looking for trouble.
    2. At any moment I am ready to immediately respond to any attack against me and I love to answer the opponent with a crushing blow.
    3. When I am humiliated, I am hurt and I feel a strong desire to take revenge.
    4. I prefer struggle and difficulties to stagnation and monotony: I mobilise quickly, take control of the situation. I can be strong and steadfast, the victory should be mine.
    5. I can confidently coordinate actions of others, as well as sense weak points of every situation.
    6. I'm in my element during fights, arguments, rivalry, competition or war.
    7. I make active efforts against all that is not consistent with my feelings and views.
    8. I would like to be the first and break all records.
    9. I'm a risk taker, but if I have to, I can bring myself to the most severe self-discipline.
    10. My mind works better when someone opposes or resists me.
    Section D

1. I willingly do work which is connected with the need to convince people, to raise their spirits, instruct, assign tasks, manage, give commands.
    2. I become more active during the work program that increases respect or sympathy that my associates give me.
    3. If I have to chastise people for mistakes or wrongdoing, I do it in a "fatherly" way (without anger and humiliation.)
    4. I like to participate in various public meetings where I can make an impression on others.
    5. I am attracted to flashy and noisy spectacles, like battle scenes, races, sports (hockey, football etc.).
    6. I love to take care of others and I'm willing to find solutions to their material, business, and physical problems, but I prefer to take care of myself on my own, because I know what I need.
    7. I prefer more earthly pleasures, which include: contact with nature, food, work, love, rest.
    8. I love to please others, to be the centre of attention, to infect people with optimism.
    9. I easily make impact on others, I can manage them flexibly and efficiently.
    10. I act diplomatically to earn a good reputation of credibility and to maintain high position.
    Section E

1. I try to be a competent person. I do everything at my own pace and high quality and don't like hacks.
    2. I treat people harshly, but fair.
    3. I have an interest in various technologies and constantly improve my work to make sure of its high quality.
    4. I am rational in spending money, and I always save for unforeseen occasions.
    5. I find it difficult to accept other people's ways of working. I know better how to make it easier, better and more profitable.
    6. I see no reason in enthusiasm for things that don't bring material benefit.
    7. I am confident that I can overcome difficulties in my work and get the best results.
    8. I often have a passion for the work that decreases fatigue and leaves me in a good mood.
    9. I don't change my lifestyle even if people don't agree with it.
    10. I get the most pleasure from doing useful and necessary things.
    Section F

1. I'm a mature and principled person, guided by logic and common sense, not feelings and moods.
    2. I love order, systems and sequences.
    3. I'm believed to be secretive and reserved, because I'm wary and distrustful towards people.
    4. I'm good at work that requires classification and systematisation. I'm able to work with figures, tables, graphs, I can clearly systematise accumulated information.
    5. I always know how to logically justify my conclusions and decisions.
    6. I love strict analysis. I can identify contradictions in arguments and reasoning of others.
    7. I like solving problems with the help of my knowledge, resulting in harmonious, consistent, orderly system.
    8. I love solving problems that require consistent, strictly logical approach.
    9. I can easily understand algebra.
    10. I am uncompromising in defending my views, intentions, plans and projects.
    Section G

1. I'm a very emotional person, feelings mean so much to me that because of them I'm capable of great sacrifices.
    2. I'm an optimist and I hope for better future.
    3. My mood often changes and I can't help passing it on to others; I start and end arguments easily.
    4. I often perceive people and events in a romantic way.
    5. I love to share my experiences and make others respond to them. I can show how much I love and hate.
    6. I tend to see the world through pink-coloured glasses.
    7. I'm always interested in moods of others and I know how to influence people, make them experience certain emotions and feelings.
    8. I love daydreaming without any practical purpose.
    9. My mood is often characterised by swings between fear and hope.
    10. For the sake of peace of mind, an opportunity to find rest and dream, I'm willing to sacrifice a lot.
    Section H

1. I prefer to make peace with people, avoid conflict and disputes.
    2. I easily/quickly to adapt to new conditions and requirements.
    3. I prefer to be a homebody.
    4. I would like to be able to rest whenever I want.
    5. I like to provide special assistance to people, to be useful, selfless and to please others.
    6. I can feel for people who experience failures and troubles as if they were my own.
    7. I agree that I'm a malleable person: I often yield to pressure of people and circumstances.
    8. Calm and not very hard/tiresome work suits me best.
    9. I'm trying to iron out misunderstandings, to reconcile opponents.
    10. I prefer to meet in private.

TIM
    IxI-Ni
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Section A

1. I am very interested in solving complex issues and unraveling a tangle of contradictions.
    2. Thanks to my imagination and seeing different solutions to the problem, I quickly find a way out of difficult, complicated situations and troubles that seem hopeless to others.
    5. Completely new and unusual insights occur to me often and I try to convince others to see my point of view.
    6. I love to argue, as I instantly notice the weaknesses in interlocutor's statements (or reports, speeches, proposals, projects, works of art or machines and equipment) and I can find good counterarguments.
    9. I perfect myself, my abilities and skills, in order to increase the chances of achieving my goals quickly.
    10. I think and compare things a lot, noticing contradictions and inconsistencies.
    Section B

2. I'm very curious, I try to imagine various scenarios and often intuitively anticipate the consequences of any actions or changes; I believe in fate.
    3. My ideal is a life in an atmosphere of art, in beautiful surroundings, comfort and well-being; I would like to live in the last century or in the future.
    4. I could not work in a hospital, because I cannot stand the hospital environment (odour, the appearance of patients etc.).
    5. I like anything unusual, beautiful, informative, food for though: I love music, art, theater, books.
    6. My opinion of myself matters more than opinions of other people. love music, art, theater, books.
    10. I act in order to surround myself with beautiful things (harmony, elegance, aesthetics, works of art).
    Section C

2. At any moment I am ready to immediately respond to any attack against me and I love to answer the opponent with a crushing blow.
    4. I prefer struggle and difficulties to stagnation and monotony: I mobilise quickly, take control of the situation. I can be strong and steadfast, the victory should be mine.
    5. I can confidently coordinate actions of others, as well as sense weak points of every situation.
    7. I make active efforts against all that is not consistent with my feelings and views.
    9. I'm a risk taker, but if I have to, I can bring myself to the most severe self-discipline.
    Section D

1. I willingly do work which is connected with the need to convince people, to raise their spirits, instruct, assign tasks, manage, give commands.
    2. I become more active during the work program that increases respect or sympathy that my associates give me.
    3. If I have to chastise people for mistakes or wrongdoing, I do it in a "fatherly" way (without anger and humiliation.)
    4. I like to participate in various public meetings where I can make an impression on others.
    5. I am attracted to flashy and noisy spectacles, like battle scenes, races, sports (hockey, football etc.).
    6. I love to take care of others and I'm willing to find solutions to their material, business, and physical problems, but I prefer to take care of myself on my own, because I know what I need.
    7. I prefer more earthly pleasures, which include: contact with nature, food, work, love, rest.
    8. I love to please others, to be the centre of attention, to infect people with optimism.
    10. I act diplomatically to earn a good reputation of credibility and to maintain high position.
    Section E

1. I try to be a competent person. I do everything at my own pace and high quality and don't like hacks.
    3. I have an interest in various technologies and constantly improve my work to make sure of its high quality.
    5. I find it difficult to accept other people's ways of working. I know better how to make it easier, better and more profitable.
    7. I am confident that I can overcome difficulties in my work and get the best results.
    8. I often have a passion for the work that decreases fatigue and leaves me in a good mood.
    Section F

1. I'm a mature and principled person, guided by logic and common sense, not feelings and moods.
    3. I'm believed to be secretive and reserved, because I'm wary and distrustful towards people.
    4. I'm good at work that requires classification and systematisation. I'm able to work with figures, tables, graphs, I can clearly systematise accumulated information.
    6. I love strict analysis. I can identify contradictions in arguments and reasoning of others.
    7. I like solving problems with the help of my knowledge, resulting in harmonious, consistent, orderly system.
    Section G

1. I'm a very emotional person, feelings mean so much to me that because of them I'm capable of great sacrifices.
    3. My mood often changes and I can't help passing it on to others; I start and end arguments easily.
    5. I love to share my experiences and make others respond to them. I can show how much I love and hate.
    7. I'm always interested in moods of others and I know how to influence people, make them experience certain emotions and feelings.
    10. For the sake of peace of mind, an opportunity to find rest and dream, I'm willing to sacrifice a lot.
    Section H

5. I like to provide special assistance to people, to be useful, selfless and to please others.
    6. I can feel for people who experience failures and troubles as if they were my own.
    7. I agree that I'm a malleable person: I often yield to pressure of people and circumstances.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Section A

Section B

Section C

Section D

Section E

Section F

Section G

Section H

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mu4 View Post
    I don't think the whole test is anything special, but there are parts of it that is surprising and insightful, it's somewhat different than the typical MBTI test as well which takers are very used to taking and gaming the answer the way they want it.
    OK, I'm curious as to which parts you are referring to with "surprising and insightful", let me know?

The question isn't really whether it happens, but whether they prefer to veer away from it. Like, probably related as a probable fellow Se-superego: I'm instinctively stressed out when I see that someone's quoted my posts, because it tells me that I'm now probably involved in a debate.

LIIs often get involved in debates, but based on every description of them I'd guess it similarly stresses them out no matter the subtype. They seem to get involved in debates to correct things that are seen as inaccurate, but tend to actively dislike the conflict in and of itself. Like it's almost an unwanted compulsion.
    If they don't veer away from it then obviously it can't be all that big of a (lack of a) preference or stress.

That would have any number of difficulties. The easiest way would be to see if the type received matches the self-typing, but people for various reasons often have self-typings that are less descriptive of them than some other type. If I had the time and interest I could conduct in-depth interviews as a way of rectifying that problem, but to be honest, I don't.
    Yeah I imagine most people don't have the time or interest.

Sure, enjoying the sensory thrill of a sporting event would fit any Sensor type. I'd think an SxI would generally get at least slightly uncomfortable if that event becomes too raucous though. Especially if they're E9, which is a common type for SEIs and SLIs.

I think it did so pretty poorly since Se-egos would answer the exact same way, per the usual description and my experience with them they also would generally enjoy the sensory spectacle IMO in addition to the struggle. As said above I also think, while they generally wouldn't be looking at the same thing, due to the specific examples given being battle scenes/loud sporting events/etc., EIEs who relish the raucous energy of the event would probably often answer in the affirmative. Few people would separate out the energy of the event from the sensory element in answering that question, it would be taken more simply as "do you like battle scenes/intense sporting events/etc.?" Especially since the word "spectacle" was used which implies an element of exactly the dramatism that EIEs gravitate towards. Yet they're Si-PoLR.
    I didn't answer the exact same way as an Se ego. When I looked at that statement, I was like, okay, it's whatever, fine. It was very different from the Se focus that I usually have. (So yes I found that part of the test interesting... insightful, like mu4 apparently says here.)

For sure the way how people tend to read statements should be taken into account when creating a test with a good psychometric approach.

I'd agree with that. It could maybe be a good test with a lot of re-wording, but honestly that's 1/2 to 3/4 of the questions.
    Definitely some rewording is sorely in order lol

Quote Originally Posted by Slade View Post
    I agree with this, correlation with argumentativeness is much better fit under Se and has virtually nothing to do with Fi.
    Making peace (as per the original statement) has a strong Ethics dimension...

No, they aren't. People like you tend to confuse people who don't want to engage in an argument for conflict avoidant when they aren't the same thing. ESI-Fi definitely aren't conflict avoidant, they may not enjoy an argument for it's own sake but they aren't types to shy away from one either.
    Lol at the need to direct some completely impersonal discussion personally at me. And distorting stuff about me, of course.

As for ESI-Fi, I have definitely seen ESI-Fi's who shied away from conflict when they saw it as unnecessary. I've seen them opt out of entering into it because of Ethical concerns.

According to what theory? Where did you find this information?
    Ethics in general has as one of its functions, harmony of feelings in relationships (as contrasted to Logic, which doesn't deal with this directly). I assume you weren't asking about the Ne>Se comparison since you yourself use that idea from Socionics theory.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If they don't veer away from it then obviously it can't be all that big of a (lack of a) preference or stress.
    Sure it can. Whether you feel compelled to respond to things you view as damagingly inaccurate has no bearing on how stressed you are by doing it. Like I've thought about ragequitting in literally every debate I've had here, I actively hate any debate that I think has gone beyond "constructive friendly discussion" and that degenerates into competitive bloodsport/egos getting in the way of productive conversation. Unfortunately, that's most debates.

Seriously considering ragequitting due to stress on a daily basis is obviously an extreme example, but it goes to show that one can be both active in debate and have a very strong preference against it. Most LIIs I know are similar, in that they'll engage in debates, but generally reluctantly or half-heartedly due to not wanting to get bogged down in the discomfort-causing Se bloodsport aspect of argumentation. They often bow out or stop responding once they find it's too stressful.

I didn't answer the exact same way as Se ego.
    Do you not self-type as an LSI? You are, per your typing, Se-ego.

I do think an Se-creative might regularly answer differently from an Se-base, though. Their concern won't first and foremost be the Se + Fe-oriented competitive exhilaration caused by the event it's referencing, after all, so they may have more reasons for disinterest. On the other hand, their Si will be stronger as the demonstrative rather than the ignoring, which probably balances that out so far as the visual aspect of it is concerned.
    Last edited by Nanooka; 06-18-2017 at 01:09 AM.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Sure it can. Whether you feel compelled to respond to things you view as damagingly inaccurate has no bearing on how stressed you are by doing it. Like I've thought about ragequitting in literally every debate I've had here, I actively hate any debate that I think has gone beyond "constructive friendly discussion" and that degenerates into competitive bloodsport/egos getting in the way of productive conversation. Unfortunately, that's most debates.

Seriously considering ragequitting due to stress on a daily basis is obviously an extreme example, but it goes to show that one can be both active in debate and have a very strong preference against it. Most LIIs I know are similar, in that they'll engage in debates, but generally reluctantly or half-heartedly due to not wanting to get bogged down in the discomfort-causing Se bloodsport aspect of argumentation. They often bow out or stop responding once they find it's too stressful.
    Entering the conflict is more highly prioritized than avoidance of it, that is definitely preference for it regardless of possibly secretly wishing for something else on the side. Can't both have cake and eat it (one has to be prioritized over the other). Amount of induced stress seems a separate variable to me.

OK, any further and deeper analyzing of this should be based on more precise measurements, or it's going to get too speculative for my taste. We agreed on how it would be good to fix up some things in these tests.

Do you not self-type as an LSI? You are, per your typing, Se-ego.

I do think an Se-creative might regularly answer differently from an Se-base, though. Their concern won't first and foremost be the Se + Fe-oriented competitive exhilaration caused by the event it's referencing, after all.
    Sorry, worded that ambiguously, I meant I didn't answer that question in the same way as the Se questions, being an Se ego.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Entering the conflict is more highly prioritized than avoidance of it, that is definitely preference for it regardless of possibly secretly wishing for something else on the side. Can't both have cake and eat it (one has to be prioritized over the other). Amount of induced stress seems a separate variable to me.
    I think it's true that engaging in conflict and being stressed out by it are separate variables, though related in that you can eventually get so fed up with ego-stroking debates that you decide to not put your views out there. I've seen this especially of LIIs, I know one person I'd type LII (Ne subtype, 9w1) who only debates privately with people he knows won't be overbearing. Thomas Jefferson is usually typed LII and also did this, he refused to debate except in written form due to being stressed out by verbal dispute. Caveat: this would at best only be a short-term avoidance for an ILE, considering that type's natural inclination towards poking around at others' ideas.

But then we get back to the fact that I don't see ESIs as in any way more conflict avoidant than LIIs, either in description or observed behavior. Both, for different reasons, choose to engage or not engage in various conflicts and for various reasons can wish they weren't there even if they do. So again, I see no feasible way in which it's more Fi-related than Se-related. EII exemplifies conflict-avoidance more than any other type for both Fi-base and Se-PoLR reasons, at best I don't think either factor is more essential to that than the other.

We agreed on how it would be good to fix up some things in these tests.
    For sure.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

I think it's true that engaging in conflict and being stressed out by it are separate variables, though related in that you can eventually get so fed up with ego-stroking debates that you decide to not put your views out there. I've seen this especially of LIIs, I know one person I'd type LII (Ne subtype, 9w1) who only debates privately with people he knows won't be overbearing. Thomas Jefferson is usually typed LII and also did this, he refused to debate except in written form due to being stressed out by verbal dispute. Caveat: this would at best only be a short-term avoidance for an ILE, considering that type's natural inclination towards poking around at others' ideas.

But then we get back to the fact that I don't see ESIs as in any way more conflict avoidant than LIIs, either in description or observed behavior. Both, for different reasons, choose to engage or not engage in various conflicts and for various reasons can wish they weren't there even if they do. So again, I see no feasible way in which it's more Fi-related than Se-related. EII exemplifies conflict-avoidance more than any other type for both Fi-base and Se-PoLR reasons, at best I don't think either factor is more essential to that than the other.
    Sure, I think I already said my thoughts on this. Bolded: I also like to go beyond the Socionics model for that.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Section A 15/30

Section B 4/30

Section C 25/30

Section D 6/30

Section E 15/30

Section F 19/30

Section G 2/30

Section H 5/30

Now that is a bit of a surprise really, seems like environment you are surrounded with may have something to do with percieved type.
    Last edited by Callech; 06-27-2017 at 11:30 AM.

Section A

Section B

Section C

Section D

Section E

Section F

Section G

Section H

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by callech View Post
    Now that is a bit of a surprise really, seems like environment you are surrounded with may have something to do with percieved type.
    Ah very similar to my own scores. I didn't imagine there would ever be anyone else who scores this low on Fe/Fi, btw. Why is it a surprise, were you against the Beta ST options? (SLE/LSI)

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blacktinshroom View Post
    (...)
    ENFx.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah very similar to my own scores. I didn't imagine there would ever be anyone else who scores this low on Fe/Fi, btw. Why is it a surprise, were you against the Beta ST options? (SLE/LSI)
    Middle score in Ne and Te intrigued me as those parts were most influenced by what i came to realize in university, also score in Fe made me go: "What."

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by callech View Post
    Middle score in Ne and Te intrigued me as those parts were most influenced by what i came to realize in university, also score in Fe made me go: "What."
    Lol yeah I was the same with it (about my Fe score)

What did you come to realize in university if I can ask?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Section A

Section B

Section C

Section D

Section E

Section F

Section G

Section H

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

@ghouse

Haha again an ultra low Fe result (I also had that). IxTx from this test.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Okay. I'm really an IEe. The cool one.

A. 30
    B. 19
    C. 23
    D. 24
    E. 21
    F. 24
    G. 17
    H. 29

Ne - Fi - Si - Ti - Se - Te - Ni - Fe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Section A

Section B

Section C

Section D

Section E

Section F

Section G

Section H

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Section A

Section B

Section C

Section D

Section E

Section F

Section G

Section H

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Section A

Section B

Section C

Section D

Section E

Section F

Section G

Section H

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Section A

Section B

Section C

Section D

Section E

Section F

Section G

Section H

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Section A

Section B

Section C

Section D

Section E

Section F

Section G

Section H

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Section A

Section B

Section C

Section D

Section E

Section F

Section G

Section H

TIM
    SLE
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Section A

Section B

Section C

Section D

Section E

Section F

Section G

Section H

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Section A

Section B

Section C

Section D

Section E

Section F

Section G

Section H

Section A

Section B

Section C

Section D

Section E

Section F

Section G

Section H

Section A

Section B

Section C

Section D

Section E

Section F

Section G

Section H

Section A

Section B

Section C

Section D

Section E

Section F

Section G

Section H

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Section A

Section B

Section C

Section D

Section E

Section F

Section G

Section H