Hybrid View

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Reficulris View Post
    I don't find it hard to understand why people hate some ESE's. I have no problems with them provided the contact is limited to less than a day or two. Afterwards their rationality and Fe starts wearing me down and my limits to tolerance of them constantly invading my personal space and interests is gone and i turn full blown (passive) agressive on them.

Of all the rationals ESE to me seems to be the most "rational" in the sense that they seem to have an approach to life that's extremely opposite to my way. They're literally trying to control the world by talking it to death, not conversing, just talking.......just saying out loud every little combination of light that hits their eye-balls and gets translated to some kind of, not even concept, "event"....

(some LSE's seem to do this too, sensory rationals are such a hassle, you can't even just drift away and ignore them because they want to be HEARD too....)
    I will have to chime in that I want to be heard, too. So maybe that is a characteristic of rationals in general, who knows?

My ESE friend that I wrote about earlier in this thread doesn't have the problem of space invasion and talkativeness. She is very verbal about what she needs for her comfort. And then she shuts up about it.

I do have two ESE friends who talk constantly and it does wear me out because I feel that I have to listen and respond to be polite. It never occurred to me that talking might be their way of controlling the world. Very interesting to think about.

One of those ESEs has an IEE daughter who talks a lot as well. The IEE recently told me that when she was a little girl, she (the IEE) used to pray that she would be able to stop talking so much. That prayer didn't get answered. The IEE remains a talker, but she doesn't really care if you respond to all of what she says. When I roomed with the IEE, I would faintly hear her talking in another room and I would think that I had to stop what I was doing and go listen to what she was saying and respond. After a while, I realized that she didn't care if I came and listened to her, that she would come tell me something if she wanted me to respond. That was a relief, but I still felt a bit rude if I heard her talking and didn't go find out if she needed something.
    You seek a great fortune, you three who are now in chains. You will find a fortune, though it will not be the one you seek.
    But first you must travel a long and difficult road, a road fraught with peril.
    You shall see things, wonderful to tell. You shall see a... cow... on the roof of a cotton house. And, oh, so many startlements.
    I cannot tell you how long this road shall be, but fear not the ob-stacles in your path, for fate has vouchsafed your reward.
    Though the road may wind, yea, your hearts grow weary, still shall ye follow them, even unto your salvation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pukq_XJmM-k

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Iris View Post
    I will have to chime in that I want to be heard, too. So maybe that is a characteristic of rationals in general, who knows?

My ESE friend that I wrote about earlier in this thread doesn't have the problem of space invasion and talkativeness. She is very verbal about what she needs for her comfort. And then she shuts up about it.

I do have two ESE friends who talk constantly and it does wear me out because I feel that I have to listen and respond to be polite. It never occurred to me that talking might be their way of controlling the world. Very interesting to think about.

One of those ESEs has an IEE daughter who talks a lot as well. The IEE recently told me that when she was a little girl, she (the IEE) used to pray that she would be able to stop talking so much. That prayer didn't get answered. The IEE remains a talker, but she doesn't really care if you respond to all of what she says. When I roomed with the IEE, I would faintly hear her talking in another room and I would think that I had to stop what I was doing and go listen to what she was saying and respond. After a while, I realized that she didn't care if I came and listened to her, that she would come tell me something if she wanted me to respond. That was a relief, but I still felt a bit rude if I heard her talking and didn't go find out if she needed something.
    yeah, tbh i'm aware that my "problems" with ESE's and or other rationals are probably partly because i'm just an extremely lazy and irrational person. I'm extremely sure that a lot of my friends and families have annoyances like the one I have with rationals but with me.

I think they're cool awesome and fun, just not for extreme long periods. I have that also with beta's, i love their groups and such, but i can only be there for maybe one day max before needing to run for the hills basically. This is me, not them.

That's why "how could you hate ESE's" or "all ESE's suck" is always wrong, i mean to some types ESE's will be heaven on earth, to others they'll be neutral and to their worst matches they'll be hell. For me it's good to understand what exactly tires me in some types (for instance i dislike types that'll try to invade my space when i'm walling off, i need the walls for a reason and a specific period of time, no prodding is gonna help) so i can try and work around those things a bit. (for instance by walling off somewhere in another physical area rather than as usual just spacing out on the couch).