Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Jimmers you still seem SEI to me
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I wouldn't take the Maritsa typings too seriously.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Last edited by Skepsis; 09-05-2015 at 04:17 AM.
    Important to note! People who share "indentical" socionics TIMs won't necessarily appear to be very similar, since they have have different backgrounds, experiences, capabilities, genetics, as well as different types in other typological systems (enneagram, instinctual variants, etc.) all of which also have a sway on compatibility and identification. Thus, Socionics type "identicals" won't necessarily be identical i.e. highly similar to each other, and not all people of "dual" types will seem interesting, attractive and appealing to each other.

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Important to note! People who share "indentical" socionics TIMs won't necessarily appear to be very similar, since they have have different backgrounds, experiences, capabilities, genetics, as well as different types in other typological systems (enneagram, instinctual variants, etc.) all of which also have a sway on compatibility and identification. Thus, Socionics type "identicals" won't necessarily be identical i.e. highly similar to each other, and not all people of "dual" types will seem interesting, attractive and appealing to each other.

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmers View Post
    I'm not confident, but I do think that functionally, I'm more ESI than EII: Fi, Ni,Te, Se. Since people tend to think I'm Fi dom, and I don't identify with EII, I thought ESI was a safe bet, at least functionally. Again, I think Ni over Ne Contra. I'm sure you've already read this but :
    http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.p...rted_intuition

This emphasizes the role Ni plays in the perception of time. I'm sure any type can be interested in history, but my interest is in how ideas, people, culture, organisms, and civilization change over time. As a base, it literally describes my perception of the world around me. I definitely show strong Fi, but it is something I have had to develop over time. A while back, I was convinced I was IEI, because of Ni. It was pointed out to me that I lack Fe and while I don't think my Fe is too bad, it definitely is not a creative function(or base). Much of what I write here is some sort of NiFi hybrid, which points to Gamma, and ILI is more likely than ESI. I think Ip over Ij over anything Ep. Ep makes probably the least sense. ILIs have mobilizing Fi, which goes with The Fi insecurity I feel.

Typing on a phone sucks. I'll have to amend later
    Well I think, if you aren't against it or if you haven't done it already, you should make a video and have people type you off of that (or maybe submit one to WSS if you'd like). Videos aren't always super constructive, but, at the least, they can usually eliminate some of the options considered and maybe introduce some new ones. I think it should at least help to take either Fi dom or Ni dom off of the table.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

That's some twisted shit, but whatever floats your boat

Oddly enough, I sort of identify with you through interests, except you seem very choleric, which is definitely not my temperament. You seem extroverted judging to me.

I'm either a phlegmatic-melancholic or melancholic phlegmatic.
    while I don't see how I could be an Extroverted-judging type, I do have a choleric component. I'd say as temperament I'm a combo of phlegmatic-choleric, no matter how contradictory that may sound. But this may well be genetic. Or it could derive from Instinctual stack. You are probably sp/sx or sp/so.

By the way, why don't you post some pics at least...?
    All I can say now is that you have that wise attitude towards life that one can see in Delta NFs... you are quite tolerant of people and you seem to have a diachronic perspective on them ... even from what you say you like about stories and characters (that could come from Ne as "intuition of potential", although I think Ni can also contribute to that). You have that "old soul" vibe I often sense in NFs.
    Last edited by Amber; 12-14-2014 at 09:52 AM.

TIM
    IEI; 2w1sp
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Based on your answers, you really sound like an ESI to me.
    Description of ESI

I have a best friend that's a male ESI. We grew up together and have been hanging out for 12 years now.
    We know everything about one another and you sound a lot like him.
    I'm even living with a female ESI right now. She's my college roommate.

At first I thought of EII, but you lack the emotionality and self-poetisation EIIs do. Not to mention the Se directness and groundedness you have.
    I also have 2 EII friends (people I hang out with, but don't consider best friends like the ESI): one male and one female, so I know the EII and ESI difference very well, allowing me to aliminate EII here.

Edit after reading thread: Haha it seems you agree with me.
    Last edited by lapa83; 12-15-2014 at 11:48 AM.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lapa83 View Post
    Based on your answers, you really sound like an ESI to me.
    Description of ESI

I have a best friend that's a male ESI. We grew up together and have been hanging out for 12 years now.
    We know everything about one another and you sound a lot like him.
    I'm even living with a female ESI right now. She's my college roommate.

At first I thought of EII, but you lack the emotionality and self-poetisation EIIs do. Not to mention the Se directness and groundedness you have.
    I also have 2 EII friends (people I hang out with, but don't consider best friends like the ESI): one male and one female, so I know the EII and ESI difference very well, allowing me to aliminate EII here.

Edit after reading thread: Haha it seems you agree with me.

you're nuts. you're just sayin' that coz you hope he really is Se creative and he'll grab you by the balls and throw you in the air almost as well as a SLE would.
    Last edited by Amber; 12-16-2014 at 03:18 PM.

TIM
    IEI; 2w1sp
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sienna View Post
    you're nuts. you're just sayin' that coz you hope he really is Se creative and he'll grab you by the balls and throw you in the air almost as well as a SLE would.
    Wtf?

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Wtf?

fuck emoticons, baby. how about 1-2 arguments in favor of his being an ESI.

TIM
    IEI; 2w1sp
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fuck emoticons, baby. how about 1-2 arguments in favor of his being an ESI.
    Why are you so hard all of a sudden? Calm down.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Why are you so hard all of a sudden? Calm down.
    lol at Fe.

in-depth translation: I'm not "hard all of a sudden" at all. I detest imbeciles and ppl who are incapable of supporting their statements with facts.

TIM
    IEI; 2w1sp
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol at Fe.

in-depth translation: I'm not "hard all of a sudden" at all. I detest imbeciles and ppl who are incapable of supporting their statements with facts.
    Too bad, I liked your tits.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Too bad, I liked your tits.
    i'm a guy

TIM
    IEI; 2w1sp
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a guy
    That's ok.

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Last edited by Skepsis; 09-05-2015 at 04:18 AM.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

IEE - E9 ftw --- I'd get absolutely bored of change&merging with "others" if I were you.

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Last edited by Skepsis; 09-05-2015 at 04:19 AM.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Based on what I've just read it's EII. Some answers ring a bell on what I'd say or said a while ago.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I very like your questionaire by the way . I don't want to be rude maybe you are right you can be another type. I have IEE friends and they are hyper. I don't think you are Ne type.

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Last edited by Skepsis; 09-05-2015 at 04:20 AM.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I found the "TIM:LII" humorous while reading the questionnaire.

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Well I'm glad you had a good laugh, Esaman. What specifically did you find in the questionaire that ruled out all possibility of me being LII? Do LIIs not have an emotional side? Do they not try to connect with others? Can LIIs not be mistaken for ethical types?
    I was wondering that too. LII is possible but so is delta NF or even SEI. Si/Ne valuing for sure.

If it makes you feel better, I've been mistaken for ethical too at times.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I'm glad you had a good laugh, Esaman. What specifically did you find in the questionaire that ruled out all possibility of me being LII? Do LIIs not have an emotional side? Do they not try to connect with others? Can LIIs not be mistaken for ethical types?
    It is not about what LII could presents but what LII is expected to present and you lack. I expect LII to have some distance and analytical/critical approach to phenomena. You are headfirst in to phenomena and are all implicit about it.

What is beauty? What is love?
    I can't articulate well what beauty is. I experience it quite deeply. Neuroscientists say that beauty is the mere firing of neurons in the brain, but I experience it as something that exists outside of myself, like one of Plato's forms. I used to draw a lot of portraits, which I don't do as much anymore, unfortunately. It was in a person's face, where I would see beauty. It would inspire me to draw or paint their face because it would capture something about a person's essence and that is what is beautiful to me.

Love is indescribable to me as well. It's a strong feeling that makes me want to be around someone else more often and makes me want to show them in some way that I love them because I'm just not that great at articulating it. When I was younger, I never could tell my stepfather that I loved him, so I would draw a picture of something that I knew had meaning for him and I knew that the love was mutually understood.

Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?
    I'm always trying to figure out what I believe. I am a spiritual person, but I do not care much for New Age believes. I don't know why. Maybe it's because it's too modern and seems completely fabricated or diluted or something. I don't care for organized religion much either, probably because I don't want to feel obligated or become locked into obligation by a church. I would much rather come and go as I please. I'm attracted to mysticism, incense, candles, etc. I believe in a God, but my relationship with God is personal. Lately I've been learning a lot about Gnosticism.
    Explicating things is pretty much a calling of the information metabolism type, so one would not pronounce not being able to do it all over the place even if having difficulty.

Neuroscientists say that beauty is the mere firing of neurons in the brain, but I experience it as...
    The juxtaposition and the offhandedness of it reveals you as a stranger to science, philosophy and argumentative discussion. Which would be at the minimum respected areas.

but I do not care much for New Age believes. I don't know why. Maybe it's because it's too modern and seems completely fabricated or diluted or something.
    Retro/antique/whatever taste being posited as a reason to believe or not to believe something about the world. lmao

mysticism, incense, candles,
    Seriously lining up these words would requires doing something awful to my mind. Explicitly that something being forcefully mixing categorically different things- belief and practice system and oranges.

LII might be religious and shit but some critical grain will cause one to be cagey or defensive or offensive(ready to push a detailed argument) about positions with huge claims.

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Last edited by Skepsis; 09-05-2015 at 04:21 AM.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your mention didn't work. I got here now semi accidentally.
    I don't understand the entire process because I'm not a neuroscientist.
    Because neuroscientists understand entire process.
    I just know that these processes and consciousness itself is likely to be a product of brain activity. This leads to the conclusion that these experiences are entirely subjective.
    Not really.
    Scientists and philosophers talk about objects of the mind being representations/reflections of reality all the time.
    So one could go after those objective properties that one reflects. Of course it will all be totally dependent on and entangled with value system. That then can be objectively consider as human nature or better yet as a nature of living being. So then you could be philosophizing and trying to understand and define beauty objectively but also pretty transcendentally as a facet of life.
    That is an outline of analytical and constructive approaches. Constructive as in building structure of knowledge.(something Ti relates to)
    What isn't analytical or constructive ~"Platonic essence of beauty shine upon me in thy mysticism!"

So, my subjective experience of beauty is something that feels transcendent even if it is just my brain creating this feeling of transcendence and/or idealism. It's as if there is an ideal form of beauty that exists independent of my brain. Many people describe beauty in this way and I can only presume that the brain has evolved(or was designed;depending on people's beliefs) to experience beauty in such a way.
    Tell us more about how everything feels like because that will make you fit in to the type better.

I really was trying to avoid giving my opinion on such matters because people make an erroneous assumption that not believing in the supernatural makes one an atheist, which I am not. I do have a belief that we were created by a greater consciousness. I think that when we die we lose our consciousness as we define it because without a brain, consciousness is impossible. But, I cannot know for sure if this is what happens, so I remain undecided about my belief in an afterlife.
    I am not particularly interested in what you believe in especially after knowing you take funny reasons to do so. The funny presented and presentation of reasoning being the argument for not fitting in to the type.

I like studying philosophy when time permits and many of my day to day thoughts are concerned with thinking ......, how the universe was created,...
    Nice one.

This made me laugh, that this did “something awful to” to your mind. Candles and incense are means to an end. They are tools to help ease into a meditative state, which can lead to a mystical experience. It is not a particular belief that I’m referring to, but to a mental state of feeling connected to something higher than myself that I know I am small part of, like nature, the universe, or some higher consciousness. Although I have tried to connect with a higher consciousness, I can’t say that I have ever successfully done so, which is probably due to my belief that my consciousness does not extend beyond my brain.
    As already covered.

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm really not sure what your point is here. Your "outline of analytical and constructive approaches" mirrors my own conclusions. It is only worded differently.
    So you ignorant of or willing to smudge over the simple fact and logical distinction that approaches and conclusions are different things...
    Socionics is all about approaches not conclusions

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12