"Make your own Bible. Select and collect all the words and sentences that in all your readings have been to you like the blast of a trumpet." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"He has sat on the fence so long that the iron has entered his soul." - David Lloyd George

"People are like dice. We throw ourselves in the direction of our choosing." - Jean-Paul Sartre

"The woods are lovely, dark, and deep, But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep, And miles to go before I sleep." - Robert Frost

"Though I am often in the depths of misery, there is still calmness, pure harmony and music inside me." - Vincent van Gogh

"Knowledge is not for knowing: knowledge is for cutting." - Michel Foucault

"We can only learn so much and live." - Thomas Harris

"Dreams do not lack reality–they are real patterns of information." - Richard Doyle

"Enlightenment is not found in the light, but illuminating in the darkness." - Carl Jung

"There is no God, Nature sufficeth unto herself; in no wise hath she need of an author." - Marquis de Sade

"And then she would smile, to show me how, and it was the saddest smile I ever saw." - Charles Bukowski

"You’'re acting healthy so well that everyone believes you. Everyone but me, because I know how rotten you are. - Ingmar Bergman

"Flowers are restful to look at. They have neither emotions nor conflicts." - Sigmund Freud

"Say unto thine own heart: 'I am Mine own Redeemer'." - Anton LaVey

"What you are basically, deep, deep down, far, far in, is simply the fabric and structure of existence itself." - Alan Watts

"Stars, hide your fires; Let not light see my black and deep desires." - William Shakespeare

"Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant 'This is extremely unusual'." - Herman Wouk

"But I don't want comfort. I want poetry. I want danger. I want freedom. I want goodness. I want sin." - Aldous Huxley

"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H.L. Mencken

"They call you heartless; but you have a heart and I love you for being ashamed to show it." - Friedrich Nietzsche

"Yes: I am a dreamer. For a dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world" - Oscar Wilde

"He drew a circle that left me out… heretic, rebel, a thing to flout. But love and I had the wit to win. I drew a circle that took him in." - Edwin Markham

"What if I slept a little more and forgot about all this nonsense." - Franz Kafka