Quote Originally Posted by Park View Post
At the end of the day, I only care about ideas that have grounded/realistic potential and I can work towards realizing (making come true). And in times of crisis, I really appreciate someone's ability to draw out all potential scenarios, i.e., ways in which things could develop and their likelihood. Like, there's this type of people who will use the history of events that had led me to a certain place, and considering what they know about me and my situation, can quite accurately tell what's likely and what's unlikely to happen. And they can also say, like, "if you do X right now, chances are A is going to happen." Or "if you want to avoid B from taking place, you should do Y and Z," etc. And when someone is being continually accurate in these predictions and estimations, I develop trust towards them.
So the "crazy/far-out ideas" are just for entertainment eh? This here is another good description of how Ne DS works. I'm not interested in hearing all this because I already picked X (over Y, Z, etc) so I only care about things relevant to that. If I was to listen to someone telling me all that, I'd just feel I'd have to make myself less focused to jump around like that in my mind. But I'd listen to the relevant parts if I considered them relevant. Or if I got convinced first that I need to pay attention though I'm hard to convince by most people