TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by starangel View Post
    no offense but i hate these quotes. i will correct them using truckology:

“A man is not called wise because he talks and talks again; but if he is peaceful, loving and fearless then he is in truth called wise.”

If a man isn't talking enough then maybe he's just being a coward.

“Nothing ever exists entirely alone; everything is in relation to everything else.”

Saying that doesn't help people who feel alone and like nobody really understands them. You can maybe say that but it's just hot air.

“In the sky, there is no distinction of east and west; people create distinctions out of their own minds and then believe them to be true.”

This is bullshit. It's just not true. Even if you blew up planet earth and then gained the powers of levitate and flight you still would have some way of measurement from where you float in relation to Jupiter. Even if objects didn't exist in space there would be some way to measure space itself. I think the deeper meaning of what this quote is trying to say is that labels can be artistically limiting, sometimes you just want to get lost in something and forget what the time is.

“Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.”

Not true for me. People get burned all the time by my anger. I kinda hate when somebody is clearly being hurtful to OTHERS and then somebody goes "well you are just hurting yourself!" Yeah fucking right that's such a cop-out and they know it.

“You will not be punished for your anger; you will be punished by your anger.”

No. I will smile in glee as I get my revenge and execute my anger in ways I feel that are self-justified. (or maybe i will forgive and ascend as a higher being- i don't know yet cuz being half-demon is more sexy to the ladies) anger is better than powerlessness/depression - it's like the movie carrie. she was depressed/victimized/powerless and the next step above that is Rage. It's only natural.

Evil and self-hatred are the same thing. An evil person is like destined to get murdered, its like in the script they're setting up for themselves- that's what is so sad about it. and why str8 girls have empathy for THE LOST.
    Hate me, ok, but what strikes me in what you wrote is you described someone alone and not experiencing connection, and someone depressed, victimized, powerless, and those are states of being that can result from anger directed at the world ... and I think that's the thing that can burn you bc it keeps ppl alone and disconnected, and then whatever or whoever oppressed you or harmed you has sort of won, sometimes.

I'm not saying ppl shouldn't experience their anger, bc what's emotionally worse than being forced to repress your emotions until you're well trained in repression so you can do it all by yourself?

I'm just expressing my narcissism here , you might conclude, bc I've been trying to figure this stuff out for myself for a while. Anger can be a highly motivating feeling, it leads ppl to stand up for themselves and other people, to set boundaries (say no), to experience who they are, to make things a little more right when someone is wronged.

How to use anger by channeling it into actions that improve my life is what I wanna be better at. I think that's probably the place it can go so I don't go on hurting myself. The anger is still there, but it's changed into something that can lead to new places.

And maybe that idea of action can tie back in to some of the stuff that's said abt E9, like the "indolence" and "indecision" in the OP.

And I don't know that you generally come across as angry, btw. That's not how I see you online, anyhow.
    Last edited by golden; 01-04-2015 at 12:20 AM.