Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Enneagram and stackings for Kore

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Kore well that is a good start; now what of particular observations as to what you see as 4-ish about you or 5-ish about you?
    I think it won't be hard to imagine why one can see 9w1 as your gut fix.

In a certain way, I think I could see if 4 and 9 combine, you could get this subtly ethical but mostly irrationally leading individual (irrational in the sense of irrational/rational).
    Like I've often mentioned, if you're feeling triad, it is more of a subtle undercurrent, as if you are both very focused on yourself underneath all the oscillation and yet have the (almost contradictory) 9 attitude, which one could say is a refusal to "build" one's identity (the way 3's often are said to do in a deliberated way), due to an inertial harmony-seeking. Those who use integration/disintegration theory would say this is why 9 integrates to 3. The usual contrast of 4 to 9 is that 4 and 5 are some of the most intensely self-centered types, while 9 is self-forgetting in how it's typically portrayed.

There is another possibility which is you are core 9w1 and a 4-fixer, which doesn't sound impossible at all from how I've seen you..the reason being that at times we are seeing someone's back-side more than how they experience themselves, and the reason 9 is shown as integrating to 3 is actually an underlying identity issue, which leads them to oscillate back and forth, repress a lot and so forth. Sounds a bit like you actually, both from our interactions and that hidden script you posted. You'll usually get 4 overexpressing their identity in a "it bleeds" way in that they have basically identified with their sense of impoverishment of identity. This doesn't mean they'll do it in an externalizable way necessarily - usually that is more w3. Typing is a bit of an intuitive exercise so I am suggesting this on the hunch that you don't really do this.

I'd clarify that wanting to simply be unique is something that doesn't have to even be an image triad thing. I think like darya got at, lots of the 7/6 combo types also can have that sort of thing going. It looks different though because to 7's I get the sense it is more that it would be displeasing and unrewarding not to be unique, hence they will attempt to rationalize around such an outcome, than that it is their true concern who they "really are" and to take that seriously in a sense.
    A lot of our pleasures and displeasures have to do with instinctual impulses, and 7's proximity to the instinctual triad is why they try to essentially rationalize around the impossibility of meeting any given instinctual impulse, so as to not be led to displeasure, giving them "gluttonous" an outlook. With E6, you get the Naranjo description that they cling to factors of emotional security, much as they cling to other forms of security. It sounds a bit how Gulenko describes ILI as vulnerable to emotions of others, so not at all unaware of their impact, merely that it's not expressive and so on with them in a way exhibiting complex use of the ethics of emotions (leading to the expressiveness and so forth typical of 4).

Hmmm. Strangely I really think you might be 9w1 now I reconsider. But likely 4-fixed. Can't see 2 or 3 anywhere. It could also be why it's hard to place you in either "feeling" or "thinking"

I do see 1 influence in you for sure, but I feel much better about 9w1 than 1w9 for you, in that I find your 1 comes out in a repressed way, not as if it's blatantly what you are.

As always, treat this all as subjective ways you could see yourself -- I tend to reject the idea that there is "one right" way with the enneagram and that "3's are like this" or "5's are like that", but I do think there are interesting things one can say using the language.
    Last edited by chemical; 11-17-2014 at 07:15 PM.

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chemical View Post
    @Kore well that is a good start; now what of particular observations as to what you see as 4-ish about you or 5-ish about you?
    I think it won't be hard to imagine why one can see 9w1 as your gut fix.

In a certain way, I think I could see if 4 and 9 combine, you could get this subtly ethical but mostly irrationally leading individual (irrational in the sense of irrational/rational).
    Like I've often mentioned, if you're feeling triad, it is more of a subtle undercurrent, as if you are both very focused on yourself underneath all the oscillation and yet have the (almost contradictory) 9 attitude, which one could say is a refusal to "build" one's identity (the way 3's often are said to do in a deliberated way), due to an inertial harmony-seeking. Those who use integration/disintegration theory would say this is why 9 integrates to 3. The usual contrast of 4 to 9 is that 4 and 5 are some of the most intensely self-centered types, while 9 is self-forgetting in how it's typically portrayed.

There is another possibility which is you are core 9w1 and a 4-fixer, which doesn't sound impossible at all from how I've seen you..the reason being that at times we are seeing someone's back-side more than how they experience themselves, and the reason 9 is shown as integrating to 3 is actually an underlying identity issue, which leads them to oscillate back and forth, repress a lot and so forth. Sounds a bit like you actually, both from our interactions and that hidden script you posted. You'll usually get 4 overexpressing their identity in a "it bleeds" way in that they have basically identified with their sense of impoverishment of identity. This doesn't mean they'll do it in an externalizable way necessarily - usually that is more w3. Typing is a bit of an intuitive exercise so I am suggesting this on the hunch that you don't really do this.

I'd clarify that wanting to simply be unique is something that doesn't have to even be an image triad thing. I think like darya got at, lots of the 7/6 combo types also can have that sort of thing going. It looks different though because to 7's I get the sense it is more that it would be displeasing and unrewarding not to be unique, hence they will attempt to rationalize around such an outcome, than that it is their true concern who they "really are" and to take that seriously in a sense.
    A lot of our pleasures and displeasures have to do with instinctual impulses, and 7's proximity to the instinctual triad is why they try to essentially rationalize around the impossibility of meeting any given instinctual impulse, so as to not be led to displeasure, giving them "gluttonous" an outlook. With E6, you get the Naranjo description that they cling to factors of emotional security, much as they cling to other forms of security. It sounds a bit how Gulenko describes ILI as vulnerable to emotions of others, so not at all unaware of their impact, merely that it's not expressive and so on with them in a way exhibiting complex use of the ethics of emotions (leading to the expressiveness and so forth typical of 4).

Hmmm. Strangely I really think you might be 9w1 now I reconsider. But likely 4-fixed. Can't see 2 or 3 anywhere. It could also be why it's hard to place you in either "feeling" or "thinking"

I do see 1 influence in you for sure, but I feel much better about 9w1 than 1w9 for you, in that I find your 1 comes out in a repressed way, not as if it's blatantly what you are.

As always, treat this all as subjective ways you could see yourself -- I tend to reject the idea that there is "one right" way with the enneagram and that "3's are like this" or "5's are like that", but I do think there are interesting things one can say using the language.
    I always need to gather my brain into one piece before I read you

9 or 4 both come out quite obviously.
    It's just I am a pretty intense person...
    I need to slow down in my wishes and desires, sometimes I have a hard time to not follow my impulses...
    First I wanted to explain differences between 4ish and 5ish traits but somehow it did not come in a natural way..
    So maybe another time.
    It's a good occasion to say thanks for your time though

Mentioned
    914 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

i wonder what my iei e4 mom's instincts were. it was always about how she'd had a much harder life than everybody else and nobody else could understand what she'd been through and they were all so weak. she always invalidated my feelings. "you're sad cuz your friend stood you up? well AT LEAST YOUR FATHER DIDN'T BEAT YOU!" when i was a teenager i put myself through chaotic and dangerous situations partly cuz i wanted to prove myself to her....like hurting myself is what would actually make her proud of me, lol. she was unhealthy (obviously).

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hmmm I am starting to think some 3 for you @Kore, but I do not know enough about enneagram to say with certainty, I will perhaps give this some consideration.

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

I don't see 3 as core type for me. Wing3 is to mull over.

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

^ Sounds good

A dusty and dreadful charade. Scapegrace's Avatar
    TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    I can't say anything about enneagram type, but I think IEI over ILI. You come off as very charming and charismatic, unlike ILI's with their Fe difficulties. You've also stated several times that you're horrible with your finances and tend to buy whatever you want, which is a very IEI Te PoLR characteristic. IEI's are whimsical, live in fantasy and tend to buy things on a whim. ILI's on the other hand with their strong Te paired with Ni tend to be quite frugal, and good with their finances (I'm sure @Scapegrace can vouch for this if she still identifies as ILI).

Also, I think you VI IEI > ILI. That whole mystical quality you possess is more than , imo
    Definitely agree that she seems more like the IEIs on this forum than me. I'm cheap as shit, and not very charming. You don't want to be like me, Kore.
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

Brought to you by socionix.com

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by Scapegrace View Post
    Definitely agree that she seems more like the IEIs on this forum than me. I'm cheap as shit, and not very charming. You don't want to be like me, Kore.

Oh pipe down Scape -- you charmed my pants off with that plastic bag of shit and that anonymous nasty cock of yours.

Oh and Kore is IEI, duh.

A dusty and dreadful charade. Scapegrace's Avatar
    TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SUPERVISE ME HARDER, BEBE.
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

Brought to you by socionix.com

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Scapegrace View Post
    I do not want to be anybody. Just myself

TIM
    9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    I can't say anything about enneagram type, but I think IEI over ILI. You come off as very charming and charismatic, unlike ILI's with their Fe difficulties. You've also stated several times that you're horrible with your finances and tend to buy whatever you want, which is a very IEI Te PoLR characteristic. IEI's are whimsical, live in fantasy and tend to buy things on a whim. ILI's on the other hand with their strong Te paired with Ni tend to be quite frugal, and good with their finances (I'm sure @Scapegrace can vouch for this if she still identifies as ILI).
    This is one part of the IEI description that I don't identify with. I'm good with my finances and find it very easy to live off a budget. I pay my bills on time and I never indulgently buy things even though I love beautiful and well made things. However I don't really care about money. Like I don't consider money when taking a job or if someone needs money I'll give it to them and not ever think about it again and stuff like that (but I'm trying to care more because I realize it's better for me long-term to care). I don't know if this is a consequence of having to take care of myself (and not having anything) from a very young age though.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by epheme View Post
    This is one part of the IEI description that I don't identify with. I'm good with my finances and find it very easy to live off a budget. I pay my bills on time and I never indulgently buy things even though I love beautiful and well made things. However I don't really care about money. Like I don't consider money when taking a job or if someone needs money I'll give it to them and not ever think about it again and stuff like that (but I'm trying to care more because I realize it's better for me long-term to care). I don't know if this is a consequence of having to take care of myself (and not having anything) from a very young age though.

I'm with you there, I've had a similar thought lately as well.
    Being good with finances is not type related, and comes from NEEDING to be good with finances.
    It's how one goes about managing those finances that might be type related. For example, the other night on tinychat, @HandiAce (currently self-typing LSE) tallied up his grocery spending for the month. I am careful to not overspend my means best I can, but tallying up expenses, much less monthly and much much less, while socializing, is not something I would be remotely interested in doing
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12