Thread: What is my socionics type? (questionnaire and pic included)

Hybrid View

TIM
    IEE-Fi 7w6 so/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tbh the IEE does SOUND more like me. Is it possible for me to be an ESFP in MBTI and an IEE in socionics? Or will I need to rethink my MBTI typing as well if I turn out to be IEE? I know they don't correlate perfectly but I don't know exactly how it works. And am I the first person in the history of online typology who would RATHER be a sensor? I don't know why, but I've never much liked the idea of N. When I think of intuition and especially Ne I think of a lot of stuff I consider ridiculous, but in socionics it doesn't seem so bad.

My one last attempt at proving I'm not an Ne user:
    Just because I'm not an aesthetic person, that doesn't necessarily mean I'm not a sensor, right? I'm more into taste and feel. I am a good cook. I love good food and wine. Sensation is definitely important to me but visually not so much. I almost feel like vision is not a proper sense in my mind. It's the most boring of all senses. Also I am into music. I sing and play a few instruments, have a very good ear for music and pitch. I'm horrible at visual arts for sure.

I have no appreciation for the "unknown" and I hate to make assumptions. The one exception would be the soft sciences and even a bit of "pseudo science" like astrology. And socionics. But no ghosts, aliens, psychics, reptilians, angels, anything like that (these may seem like extreme examples, but all the dominant N users I know believe in at least one). And I'm not future oriented. I'm unlikely to plan ahead or even really care about the future because I'm happy now and I could be dead tomorrow. I never feel disconnected from the physical world, though I can be a little spacey. I need to keep a planner if I'm going to remember dates/appointments, but I would be a model police witness. I always remember peoples' physical stats (height, weight, eye color etc.) and am good at eyeballing heights/weights and well as the length of objects, but am horrible at knowing how much time has passed.

Oh, and I'm honestly not particularly "imaginative". In my writing, I usually go whining to my gf that I can't think of any original ideas or I've dug myself into a plothole and she thinks of solutions and ideas in like a minute, and I'm like "why didn't I think of that? D:", but it's up to me to implement the ideas of course, and that I am capable of.
    Last edited by roastingmallows; 10-29-2014 at 12:20 PM.

Banned
    TIM
    LII (INTj)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by roastingmallows View Post
    Tbh the IEE does SOUND more like me. Is it possible for me to be an ESFP in MBTI and an IEE in socionics? Or will I need to rethink my MBTI typing as well if I turn out to be IEE? I know they don't correlate perfectly but I don't know exactly how it works.
    Information Elements and MBTI functions aren´t compatible.

TIM
    IEE-Fi 7w6 so/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zero11 View Post
    Information Elements and MBTI functions aren´t compatible.
    Well, I have discovered I'm also Ne dom in MBTI. Perhaps a coincidence?