Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Agni View Post
    The bolded sounds a bit like Sx last contra-flow to be honest.

I have the impression that you dislike the idea of sp/so or so/sp and are looking for signs that you may be something else ...but what? you are definitely not So last, as everyone here seems to agree. And sx/so finds sexy displaying their cleavage, moving their ass to lure you and batting some bedroom eyelashes. Their point of pride is making lots of folks find them sexy, not maintaining boundaries and dignity. They know quite well when they are sexy and why, also how to turn up the volume, if needed.

I wonder if you don't feel the need to disprove the consensus here because of some contra-flow quality. No idea. Maybe you are so/sx.
    I don't need to disprove anything about myself, I just think it's interesting how people conceive of this stuff. How it looks from the outside, versus how it might seem from the inside.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I mean, even if someone's Sx-last, you can still project sensuality onto them. Even just body language or a look on someone who's stiff or prim can be sexy if they're confident. I don't know how it looks to someone who's Sx-first though.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by suedehead View Post
    I mean, even if someone's Sx-last, you can still project sensuality onto them. Even just body language or a look on someone who's stiff or prim can be sexy if they're confident. I don't know how it looks to someone who's Sx-first though.
    Yeah, that's true. I think I get that Sx-last isn't about being stiff or prim. I guess it could be those things. (Personally, no one has ever called me stiff/prim.)

Rather than being stuck on "my type," I've gotten stuck on contradictions. What I'm being told in this thread doesn't match things I was told in the past by people who were into enneagram, and whose opinions I valued. People are also assessing / perceiving me differently. So who, if anyone, is correct?

E-gram remains more confusing to me than clarifying atm, so I'll take what ppl said here under advisement and just continue to exist.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GOLDEN View Post
    Yeah, that's true. I think I get that Sx-last isn't about being stiff or prim. I guess it could be those things. (Personally, no one has ever called me stiff/prim.)

Rather than being stuck on "my type," I've gotten stuck on contradictions. What I'm being told in this thread doesn't match things I was told in the past by people who were into enneagram, and whose opinions I valued. People are also assessing / perceiving me differently. So who, if anyone, is correct?

E-gram remains more confusing to me than clarifying atm, so I'll take what ppl said here under advisement and just continue to exist.
    Ok. But there is hardly any tinge of intensity in you. Have you seen how Sx Beta types act like? (add Extroversion or Passionate E_F style to this). They make threads about whom to bang first, frequently get into fights with others, can be simply annoying through their ostentatiousness. Check the Beta threads. They classify types according to how they discuss, demand, or perform oral sex (see blood moon), they bitch about their exes or current romantic interests, or act simply obnoxious all the way due to a high energetic charge that can grab attention easily. Check Aylen's, DJArendee's, Scarlett Lux's or Avio's threads and see what they brag or bitch about. Over half of what they say is one way or another about sexuality and relationships or about their own wonderful narcissistic selves (you seem to have a certain tinge of modesty and reluctance about "me, me, me" ...kind of like a sp or so first would have).
    Last edited by Amber; 10-27-2014 at 09:48 PM.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok. But there is hardly any tinge of intensity in you. Have you seen how Sx Beta types act like? (add Extroversion or Passionate E_F style to this). They make threads about whom to bang first, frequently get into fights with others, can be simply annoying through their ostentatiousness. Check the Beta threads. They classify types according to how they discuss, demand, or perform oral sex (see blood moon), they bitch about their exes or current romantic interests, or act simply obnoxious all the way due to high energetic charge that can grab attention easily. Check Aylen's, DJArendee's, Scarlett Lux's or Avio's threads and see what they brag or bitch about. Over half of what they say is one way or another about sexuality and relationships or about their own wonderful narcissistic selves (you seem to have a certain tinge of modesty and reluctance about "me, me, me" ...kind of like a sp or so first would have).
    Yeah, I agree with that. The behaviors you describe there don't interest me. That's to say, I don't have anything to prove in that domain. I can get attention when I want, and I can get what I want in my relationships, my sex life, and so on. Why would I need to focus on it?

I'm irritated because since different typology-ish people I respect have told me different things, I start to question the whole shebang. Socionics, enneagram, etc.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i don't think you are sp/so. i think you might be as you had initially typed yourself, that is, so/sx.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ahelrkslekrjlskerjlskejrlskjerk

I mean, THANKS.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    i don't think you are sp/so. i think you might be as you had initially typed yourself, that is, so/sx.
    This is just because you like me and don't want me to give you my peach cobbler recipe.

Oh, wait. I don't have a peach cobbler recipe.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fwiw, i think my sister is also EIE so/sx, who would also easily be mistaken for sp-first because she is conscious of... things such as... sleeping early...and eating healthy... (all not-necessarily-sp things)

you do seem reserved, but you don't have as much uh inertia in opening up compared to someone like jadae, whom i think is EIE sp-first. so-first comes off as a bit dry and practical to me, because there is more of an awareness of the shared space between yourself and other people, and there's this understood responsibility to respect such a space. it's hard to explain, but i think of so-first as a little more formal, or at least conscious of formality, which is what people might be picking up on from you.

or maybe enneagram is complete bullcrap and all of this is false. either way.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

@GOLDEN I have to say you took me by surprise today in shoutbox also, so yeah...I have no idea about your stacks anymore, could easily see so/sx as well.

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A few years ago, I'd stake that 3/4 of the ppl on this forum typed themselves Sx-first. The proportions still seem off. It seems like only some of the Deltas, as a rule, are happily willing to admit they might not be witches and vampires.

But if Sx is popularly taken to mean sex and dramaz, it's understandable to avoid an Sx-last typing, since most ppl don't want to be seen as unsexy etc.
    Associating Sx-lastness with unsexiness seems a bit weird considering the stereotypical hot man in movies etc is Sp/So I think? Would be interesting to see how typings would change if the names were different. Though for some reason people don't seem to avoid self-typing as e.g. Ni-egos even tough the name "victim" is rather repulsive.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    Axis of Evil: Iran, Iraq, North Korea and Agarina
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan
    Agarina does not like human beings; she just wants a pretty boy toy.
    Johari Nohari

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ugh.

I don't need to "be" one stacking or another, but I do like clarity and accuracy. Unfortuantely, I'm willingly handicapped re. how I communicate here.

As I slightly touched upon upthread, I don't want anything I do online to leave a trail of information that can ever be used against me. This is because of ongoing child-custody matters. I'm not going to discuss my sex life and other deeply personal things in threads here or in any other public, traceable place online. (Chat is a little better, because it gets deleted.) I have done so in the past.

I usually avoid 16t pixel-squabbling because I am NOT indifferent to it. It's extremely upsetting to me. I have been involved in terrible real-life conflicts with very high stakes. I've been attacked in-person and online in ways that actually matter -- that have consequences. Not just hurt feelings or ego knocks. So I don't have patience for bullshit. I'm involved in a long-term war, and I'm NOT going to fucking lose it by laying my life open indiscriminately. When I was younger I used to have fights over nothing. That was an ignorant waste. I see that now.

I purposely adopt a bland and neutral communication style in most threads. In chat I'm probably closer to normal, but it's still not always relaxed communication.

With these givens, maybe me beginning a typing thread wasn't a great idea. How do you type a cipher?

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darya View Post
    @GOLDEN I have to say you took me by surprise today in shoutbox also, so yeah...I have no idea about your stacks anymore, could easily see so/sx as well.
    What'd I do?

ETA: never mind, it must've been the craigslist hookup stuff, I'd forgotten.
    Last edited by golden; 10-28-2014 at 02:52 AM.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yeah, I agree with that. The behaviors you describe there don't interest me. That's to say, I don't have anything to prove in that domain. I can get attention when I want, and I can get what I want in my relationships, my sex life, and so on. Why would I need to focus on it?

this is coming from such a non-Sx place which however needs to prove some form of personal validity, that I don't even wanna.
    But hey, if you don't like so/sp, go for so/sx. Either way, it rocks.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eh, I just wanna feel it lines up in a way that's helpful.

Until I could finally type myself in socionics, I could play around with it in my head and try to make it fit, but nothing really made sense, the result being no insight.

Anyway this thread feels repetitious at this point ... even though I utterly fascinate myself mooooost of the time, it's getting boring.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elina View Post
    Do you think secondary instinct feels like proving itself?
    it's the instinct understood and used creatively ...in a more figurative form. Not felt as deeply (as part of one's flesh and blood) as the first.

But that's it, my opinion from what I've seen is somewhere between sp/so and so/sp. With so/sx as a third possibility. What she said to justify silence or passivity in that domain and differences from all those Beta Sx first people sounds to me like this:

""The interest is in sending light where there is a claim of enlightenment so as to show that there is in fact really darkness there. In other words, the search party (made of light) has now inadvertently (yet advertently) lit up the space that was, in their opinion, not genuinely light-filled (or enlightened). [example: spark inside us song]

Like all neurosis, it has a circular quality to it, where the soc-first person is attracted to someone who is giving off light, and yet such enlightenment is seen, by the soc-first, as a high status position, i.e.- something the soc-first is envious of. And hence the impulse is to, you might say, double the light to uncover 'truth' and bring photographic exposure into darkness, so as to bring the other person down, status-wise."

"
    It's "contra" in the sense that it engages in this kind of exposure of anything and anyone deemed to be less cultured, sophisticated, enlightened, etc. and attempts to replace it with its own 'superior' version.."

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

All I have to say is that this thread feels more about putting other people down, than finding the right stacks.

Blind spot usually causes a negative reaction when you see it operating in others. Sp lasts call others boring when they are too concerned with sp needs and talk about them, complaining that they should "live a bit", so lasts hate when people mindlessly chit-chat for example and sx lasts can be overtly judgmental about sexual displays or any kind of peacocking.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

yeah, I know some people here see me as sx/so, but nothing freaks me out more than obvious So first who wannabe more Sx while disowning Sx stuff

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Delusions of grandeur of syn-flow above:

6w5 cp sp/sx

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Just because today I got a weird private message with a question from darya who probably thought I was again typing her so/sp

"Was this meant for me? If so, can you explain? If aything, I would be sx/sp. If it wasn't, sorry."

I don't know how to answer ...I accept her apologies.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Is it so difficult to be a bit more polite and answer people with one sentence when they politely ask you something? Didn't want to make anything public. I can't stand unpolitness when people are trying to help someone or trying to be civil. Guess it's just me.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    Fwiw Golden, to me you come off as very earthy. Idk what you're like irl, but it's quite different from my crazy EIE sx/so bf who tends to be highly reactive (then again, he's only 20) Not sure if the earthy/warmth thing has anything to do with stacking. I don't know as much on enneagram as others here do.
    I guess I could take that as a compliment, because no one has ever described me as earthy before. I dunno, I get conflictual information. Like some ppl see me as "cool" (vs. warm) and proud, or some people see me as heart-ish and sensitive, and who knows.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just because today I got a weird private message with a question from darya who probably thought I was again typing her so/sp

"Was this meant for me? If so, can you explain? If aything, I would be sx/sp. If it wasn't, sorry."

I don't know how to answer ...I accept her apologies.
    Is it so difficult to be a bit more polite and answer people with one sentence when they politely ask you something? Didn't want to make anything public. I can't stand unpolitness when people are trying to help someone or trying to be civil. Guess it's just me.
    yeah, I know some people here see me as sx/so, but nothing freaks me out more than obvious So first who wannabe more Sx while disowning Sx stuff
    Delusions of grandeur of syn-flow above:

6w5 cp sp/sx
    Agni-agram.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Sorry about this mess @GOLDEN.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Agni-agram.

So a typing thread of a frustrated Beta starts focusing on me ... weird.

One may think one is stealing light. And nope, this is not so/sp at its finest.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

my guess would be so/sp but i feel like that has icky connotations now, lol.
    i like so/sp people. iei is so/sp and my best friend might be as well, not sure.

to me you are like fancy sophisticated intelligent world traveler with a quieter anxious mom side that shaves some of the intimidating edge off the former qualities.

feel free to ignore this if you dont get anything out of it, though.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    my guess would be so/sp but i feel like that has icky connotations now, lol.
    i like so/sp people. iei is so/sp and my best friend might be as well, not sure.

to me you are like fancy sophisticated intelligent world traveler with a quieter anxious mom side that shaves some of the intimidating edge off the former qualities.

feel free to ignore this if you dont get anything out of it, though.
    Those are nice things to say, and I wish some of them were more true.

So/sp has pretty well been turned into a shithole on the forum. Sp/so comes in a close second.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think this endeavor is probably pointless to continue, because for me there's not enough convergence among people on what the instincts look like, and which ones function how, and there's not enough neutrality about the types.

But once I get stuck on something I don't understand, or that isn't clear to me, it's hard to unglue, so . . . grr.

I liked what @chemical wrote in another thread about seeing the instincts as something not really fixed, although I see that most people into e-gram here would not agree with that pov.

@silke posted some questions in a resurrected thread, saying she thinks these are helpful in typing, so I've answered them. Lengthily, I'm afraid. Normally I'd make the answers shorter, but eh. I gave the questions careful attention and decided not to pare down my responses so I won't be shaping them in a biased way.

Read any of it you feel like reading. It's a lotta stuff. Also I'll delete some or all of it after a while.

SELF-PRESERVATION

- Do you sensitively respond to your body's needs? When you experience discomfort do you take care to promptly eliminate its source?

With both of these I tend to be avoidant and respond only when things cross a threshold into totally intolerable, when it would be logical to notice and resolve them earlier.

- What is your relationship with food - buying, preparing, eating? Do you monitor your nutrition? Do you invest time into food preparation and purchasing exactly the food that meets your dietary requirements?

I go through phases of interest in cooking, nutrition, etc. It began when I needed to cook more, living in a rural area and having a kid. I love certain kinds of food. Other times I totally ignore food.

It’s often hard to make myself eat – it feels like an obligation and a burden. Though I understand nutrition as a science reasonably well, no one would conclude I have a proper diet.

- How important is your home? How much time and effort have you invested in arranging your living space? Do you decorate/personalize your living space? Do you often fantasize about a perfect home? How important is order and cleanliness of your living space to you? How cozy is your current living environment?

My home is extremely important to me. It’s hard for me to live in a place that feels ugly or is poorly arranged. I've worked hard to get better in this area, bc when I was younger I sucked at it.

I’d love to have a perfect home. Order/cleanliness is not my strongest suit—I care about it, especially because I’m the only person in my household who pays any attention to it. I've built up objective knowledge about it. I carry too much burden there. The only way to get things seriously clean is to hire someone to clean.

My home is not cozy, nor austere. I care more about the visuals, and flow, and I dislike clutter though it builds up anyhow bc I live in a city apt. I don’t like ugly things that happen to be squishy or whatnot.

- How important is security for you? Do you regularly devote time and effort into securing and stabilizing your life?

I’m terrible at this. So terrible I don't even know how to answer, bc I don't know how to do that. Whatever stability I achieve happens without me being deliberate about it.

If I don't get better at this, I'm probably going to be in trouble.

- Do you carefully manage your savings? Do you often think about your income? What is enough? Is salary a major part in your consideration of a job? Do you follow deals and offers that would allow you to save some money?

I’m cutting into my savings too much atm as I consider my options and give some energy to my family.

I worry about money but have often worked for less than I probably should or could make. I went into book publishing because I loved books and literature, not because it’s a high-paying industry. I can’t be bothered to follow deals and offers, but it’s fun to shop in secondhand places etc. and find an unexpected treasure.

- Do you take care of your health? Are you up to date in your health care appointments with doctors, dentists, etc? Do you go to the gym or track you caloric intake?

I’m terrible about these things, phobic concerning doctors of all kinds, way behind on checkups, and really need to change that. I take dance classes--I find the gym boring and intimidating. I don't want to be looked at when I exercise, either. I don’t track calories, but I’m aware of my caloric intake in a general sense because I’ve tried it before.

SEXUAL
    - Is it easy to spark your interest? Do you often fell interested, invigorated, impassioned by someone or something (e.g. a hobby, subject, or pursuit)?

I follow one new thing after another, intensely interested and excited and consumed. It's almost comical at this point. Or tragic, depending on how you look at it. My friends say they like it because I'm always introducing them to some new thing.

Some of these interests I hold on to, others not. It’s harder for me to continue when the initial excitement of discovery fades.

The thing that can keep me going here is to find I’m really good at something and experience personal successes, because that meets a basic need--feeling competent at something.

One problem is I’ve been reasonably good at a lot of things, which sounds self-aggrandizing, I suppose, but I don’t mean it that way. Rather, I tend to reach an intermediate level at something quickly and easily, and then hit a ceiling. The only area where that’s not true is probably language stuff, but I still have a lot more to learn there. I’d like to develop real mastery of something and am not sure I can.

- Is it easy for you to home in to that which has sparked your interest? Do you feel like your life is in some way directed by these feelings?

Uh, yeah, see the preceding response. Shifting of passions messes up my life and distracts me, and I’d really like to learn to just focus steadily on one thing.

For a pretty long time I was able to focus reasonably well in the book industry, but editorial work is no longer a true challenge. It's also not a healthy industry, and good opportunities are few.

And, lacking major enthusiasm for it, I need to move on and am struggling to pick something because I’m pulled in a lot of different directions.

I’m kind of getting paralyzed by this problem and feeling hopelessly at the mercy of it. I’ve gotten overwhelmed and burned out, chasing new interests, and now I don't know what to do, which thing/s to pursue daily.

- Is being attractive to others an important quality for you? Do you easily spot attractions between other people?

I’m very sensitive to looking attractive enough, kind of paranoid about it, and spend a lot of time thinking about it. That’s not to say I always look awesome, but I do try.

I read fashion magazines and books about how to dress well and the history of fashion, watch fashion and makeover shows, seek out the perfect hairstylist, encourage other people in the same areas. I find often they have given up on looking attractive, because, for example, they’re not at an ideal weight or have inadvertently been buying clothes that fit them poorly.

Regarding attractions between other people, that depends. If this means purely sexual attractions, most of my friends are married, so I only notice whether they seem attracted to their partners in a lot of cases. If they’re attracted to other ppl, they might hide it somewhat.

But if this question means, do I notice if people are neutrally attracted to versus repulsed by one another, yes.

For example, recently I was in a workshop where two British women were seated next to each other in our circle. One of them was threatened by the other and made subtle but nasty comments putting her down. My eyes popped moderately and I almost said something about it, and looking around the room I noticed that the exchange didn’t seem to register for anyone else.

I keep track of these dynamics because it feels kind of natural to do it, and I think not doing so would make me anxious, a bit lost. I also want people to feel included, unless there’s some serious reason why they can’t be, but that’s not often. And in that case, I hope they are still included somewhere else.

- How often do you share your personal experiences and preferences with others in conversation? Do you feel at ease when connecting to someone on an emotional/personal basis? Do you feel like you need to disclose some personal information in order to relate to someone?

Here I think I used to err on the side of tmi if I like the other person or people I spoke with, even if I wasn't close to them. I’ve tried to change that. Because I think I was making ppl uncomfortable, and I think it sounded like bragging, too.

I’m forthcoming about some things that other people would not discuss and kind of do it pointedly, because I think those topics should not be taboo. Such as the shitty parts of being a parent, the degree to which my kids are brats and how I get resigned to it, how mothers treat one another like shit. And frank discussion of sexual practices (toys, rough play, anal, bdsm, etc.), because I think these things should be normalized and they’re interesting in themselves.

I have no idea how to get close to someone without letting them into my private world, including the painful parts, and I likewise want to know what makes them tick, what it’s like to live in their world, in their skin. I want to be there for them. I’m glad that at least sometimes, I have been.

- Do you easily discern emotional stimuli and motivations of others?

Uh yes, I think so. This question is vague.

Emotional stimuli, such as artistic creations designed precisely to stimulate emotions, are one of my biggest passions. I get extremely upset (too upset) at how currently it’s so hard to find live performances with meaningful and relevant emotional content. It’s easy to find human robots onstage and pay 100+ bucks for the privilege.

I’m sensitive to other people’s emotional displays, it’s more an Achilles heel than a boon sometimes. I analyze the shit out of the whys and hows of other people’s behavior, especially when it seems erratic or abnormal or has hurt someone or just confused them, or me.

I like to add to my knowledge base of human behavior, because it becomes easier to recognize patterns, which I suppose makes me feel more safe in a way, but it’s interesting for its own sake.

- Can you easily tell when someone is flirting with you? Do you often flirt? Do people have trouble telling when you are being just friendly and when you are expressing interest in them?

I can’t always tell when someone is flirting with me, sometimes yes, sometimes no. I’m more aware of serious attractions, not light ones like “Gee, you’re cute.” I half hope ppl are NOT flirting, so I will ignore it, reason being I have been in a committed relationship nonstop for a long time, no downtime at all there, and I don’t want to be tempted to cheat.

I want to hold myself back from flirting, but the interest sort of leaks out. I cross the line because once in a while I find someone so magnetic I can’t help it, and it’s unsettling to me. I don’t want to jeopardize my relationship or hurt my partner. So I try to keep this area clear and err on the side of friendly versus flirting and sometimes don’t succeed.

I also don’t exactly relish being rejected. But when I’ve been briefly unattached, and before I was into classic serial monogamy, I guess I didn’t let that stop me from flirting. I was actually more likely to try to engage someone really closely, to kind of zero in on them, rather than lightly flirt, and some ppl liked that and others didn’t respond well.

[B]- What role does sexuality play in your life? Do you find it easy to openly talk about sexual topics? [/B

There's no such thing to me as a real primary relationship without incredible sex as the foundation. Right now I will talk about sexual stuff in a more general sense, but I take my cue in talking about my sex life from how I think my partner would react to that.

My husband, who is a private person and not so easy for just anyone to get to know, might not love it if I talk to certain people about our sex life, and he’d definitely not like it if I discussed it on the internet or in more general company. Because of the field he works in, and the issues we both have with custody shit, he’s super security-minded.

In the relationship I was in before I met him, I talked all the time about our sex life and I expect it was obnoxious. In my former marriage, no, my ex was stuffy and uptight as hell and not very sensual in the first place as time went on. He would have been appalled. But otoh, I eventually got so sexually frustrated and troubled that I carefully found ppl to discuss that with, ppl I could talk to such that I knew it wouldn’t get back to him.

Social
    - Do you seek to come in contact with people? Are you open? Do you strive to become acquainted with and be known to everyone in your group?

I have a problem right now with my lack of social connections in NY and my lack of motivation or self-confidence in remedying that situation. I used to be pretty open, and now I’m not. I’ve defaulted to distrusting people.

Though I like being in a group, usually one driven by some kind of shared creative or work interest, I watch for the people I can connect with in a special, deeper way and have over time collected friends by doing this, people I really love, who feel like family to me. People I wish I could be with all the time, but my ruptures and reinventions and wanderings have made that impossible. Thinking about that too much will make me cry. A lot of loss.

- When moving to a new place how important is it for you to make new friends? Do you feel like you have a social support network?

When I lived in Austin I had a lot of friends, again several close friends I connected with regularly, and pleasant social relations outside that inner sphere.

And it was easy to make friends there, as other people were open. I recognized that they were more naturally open than I was, and appreciated how that helped balance me out. I got used to their friendliness and straightforwardness. They meant what they said.

So when I moved to a small town in California, and I tried right away, stupidly optimistic, to make new friends, I was taken aback at how difficult it was, how unfriendly people were. It hurt. I was lonely.

I’ve still never replaced the social world I used to have . . . it took a long time to put it together and I think I was sort of lucky to be able to find these people I really love/d and felt so close to. In California I made one really close friend in my stupid town, and some awesome friends in the Bay Area because I went there for some arts-related things.

Abroad I made friends via my then-bf and I let go of those ties when the relationship ended, as they were his ppl. Other travels were done as a member of a touring group and I wasn't in any one place long enough to create strong bonds.

My friend in the small town is currently dying from cancer, and it’s weighing on me heavily that I’m not there for her. It’s such a helpless feeling. In NY I have made one very close friend, a couple of less close ones, and some I’d like to know better. But we’re all so busy, and it’s hard to travel around within the city. Frankly, I’m really lonely again. I guess that’s why I’ve been hanging out on the forum lately.

- Do you experience a sense of belonging to a community? Are you engaged with social issues? Are you a member of any organized groups? What role or position do you usually play in groups?

I’m not a member of any community, really, I’ve had some negative experiences in that regard and am cagey about it. I might like to be more community-esque, I’m not sure.

I care about social issues but don’t do anything tangible toward them right now, I feel discouraged here, and cynical.

No organized groups per se, but I take some classes / trainings, and those are temporarily organized, and my position depends on the overall dynamic.

If everyone is really inhibited or dour, I might try to enliven the proceedings. If people don’t grasp the material and I do, I try to forward the intellectual aspect of things. If everyone is kind of equal, then I focus on taking my equal place. If I don’t know what the fuck is going on, I keep mum and pay close attention so I can learn. And so on.

I don't always want to be in charge of a whole endeavor daily, but I like to manage projects. I like to give them a chance to maximize their creativity, make something awesome, it's like managing creative contributions rather than people per se.

- Do you easily notice when people behave in an inconsiderate, imprudent, discourteous, untactful manner? Does this bother you even if they aren't related to you?

Yes, I do. It bothers me extremely. I will say something about it usually, or do something about it if I can, even if I am the only one who gives a shit. Or maybe especially then. I used to keep quiet about it.

Example: I was walking down the sidewalk at night in my neighborhood, and a woman, wearing a wedding dress and veil, had a baby in a stroller and a squawling +/- four-year-old beside her, and she was looking for a particular restaurant. Probably her reception was there.

She was Asian and her English wasn’t very good. She was asking ppl for directions and no one was helping her.

These three drunken bitches started mocking her openly because they thought it was sooooo fucking funny that she was a bride with little kids. I watched this scene a moment and said loudly to the three women something like, “There’s nothing funny here, so if you’re not going to help her, keep moving.” It just really pissed me off. Then someone approached the bride to help her out before I did.

- Are you sensitive to being socially ostracized? Is it important for you to be accepted by your peers? Is it important to you that your partner is acceptable to your friends and family?

I am sensitive to being ostracized, but otoh, I experienced that a lot growing up and am kind of used to not fitting in too well. So I don’t expect to be accepted, it would be nice, it’s nice when it does happen.

I do care if my partner is acceptable to my friends and family, but it’s more the other way around, I feel protective toward my partner, or close friends, and I expect my family or other friends to be accepting and welcoming toward them.

- Do you engage in discussions of socially relevant topics (e.g. human rights, social contracts, justice and fairness, cultural and religious themes, political systems, recent news and events)?

Yes. I’m not the most informed here but was married to someone who was super into politics, and I interned once for a political magazine, so I’ve picked up a lot of stuff, I’ve paid close attention sporadically.

Again, I’m cynical and don’t think I can make a difference, but I will speak up when I think something is shitty or someone is being oppressive with their beliefs etc. I recently decided to share more information and talk more about political things because I’m alarmed at how things are going in the U.S. politically. I talk about the things that trouble me.

I have a bit of hope that if enough people contribute a little toward progressive politics, maybe things can start to shift. Maybe eventually, or in response to enough awful B.S., people will even aggressively take back some of their rights from the corporate interests that amorally-to-immorally do harm. I’d like to see that happen, even if it’s ugly. We barely have a government anymore--we are more the property and pawns of big business.

- Do you follow the news? Do you keep aware of what is happening with your friends and distant relatives, in your community, country, worldwide?

I follow the news selectively.

I don’t like the way it’s presented. Good journalism is a dying craft. Media currently work to trigger fear and hook you that way. They’re not independent enough; that's not a new thing, and it’s getting worse. I’ve recently met a guy who is in charge of a big paid-content section in The Economist, a bunch of quasi-journalistic stuff paid for by a private company. It’s hard to tell on their website that it’s paid content. More and more journalists are turning to that kind of work because it’s what’s available.

I’m not keeping well abreast of developments with my friends and family right now, a source of guilt.
    Last edited by golden; 10-30-2014 at 04:36 PM.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

@GOLDEN, did you maybe look at face composits for instinctual stackings, to see how you VI? They are surprisingly accurate imo.

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...ace-Composites

Just by looking at them right now I descovered my LSE friend that I have described in this thread before ,is so/sp and not sp/so. Makes sense, cause she seems contra-flow. I could never really decide but assumed sp is stronger in her. But that is like literally her constant expression lol.

Edit: Shit, I see you've already commented lol…never mind : )

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@GOLDEN, did you maybe look at face composits for instinctual stackings, to see how you VI? They are surprisingly accurate imo.

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...ace-Composites

Just by looking at them right now I descovered my LSE friend that I have described in this thread before ,is so/sp and not sp/so. Makes sense, cause she seems contra-flow. I could never really decide but assumed sp is stronger in her. But that is like literally her constant expression lol.

Edit: Shit, I see you've already commented lol…never mind : )

Hey. I have looked at them, but I'm not objective about my own appearance. I also don't think I look the same from one picture to another and always am awkward in them. The one thing I do notice is that I've often been compared to Michelle Pfeiffer (no, I'm not so pretty), but I think that is mainly morphology, and I'm not sure whether that's general demeanor or mood also. And anyway, she seems to be consistently typed Sp/so. The other "celebrity" comparison is "younger Susan Sarandon," but all I see is she gets types 6 often, don't see a stacking for her.

Banned
    TIM
    f a g g o t
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ugh.

I don't need to "be" one stacking or another, but I do like clarity and accuracy. Unfortuantely, I'm willingly handicapped re. how I communicate here.

I purposely adopt a bland and neutral communication style in most threads. In chat I'm probably closer to normal, but it's still not always relaxed communication.

With these givens, maybe me beginning a typing thread wasn't a great idea. How do you type a cipher?
    Well if this helps, you've got a "cuddly" voice to you beneath all the necessary barriers.
    Make of this what you will.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cubozoan View Post
    Well if this helps, you've got a "cuddly" voice to you beneath all the necessary barriers.
    Make of this what you will.
    Lol.

One of my good friends, a touchy-mcfeely massage therapist, says of me with a pout: "You're not cuddly." But maybe you mean something less literal. Like I am so freakin' kewt.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silke View Post
    Sp/so is a better approximation than other stackings imo though not a perfect fit. A lot of good reasons have already been provided above so I won't go into them, it will only be a repeat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden
    GOLDEN:should I be offended that silke typed me So/sp and also says that So/sp are like reptiles?
    Except that I've never typed you as So/sp but sp/so along with several other people in this thread. The Putin reptile reference was a joke as has been explained for you, no need to faint in indignation over something that you have misquoted yourself ;/

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silke View Post
    Except that I've never typed you as So/sp but sp/so along with several other people in this thread. The Putin reptile reference was a joke as has been explained for you, no need to faint in indignation over something that you have misquoted yourself ;/
    I thought you had typed me as such elsewhere. Sometimes I can come across much more bitchily than I mean to and sound angry whether I am or not. The comment you posted was in chat and meant in an offhand manner.

I appear to have upset you. Silke, I don't personally know you, we've never really interacted. So I may be predisposed to misunderstand you because I don't extend my trust to ppl very easily. On that front I apologize.

I still stand by what I said re. you having helped to build the very set of negative perceptions you speak against, but it's not just you, and I expect some of the bias exists anyhow because of terminology and bias in the various descriptions out there.

And I do mean various.

And I do get suspicious when people are being typed off of Internet forum vibes and the like. I also get suspicious of people being retyped. It's one thing to do it, and another thing to be oppressive with it, and although you may not have gotten to that point, I smell something maritsa-ish about the direction things are going. That said, I respect your knowledge, because youve taken a great deal of time to focus on things typology-related.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EIE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12