Thread: so/sp connection

Threaded View

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SisOfNight View Post
    I would not say that all of these The Smiths/Morrissey songs are Social in nature. On the contrary, perhaps some of them seem Social second, but not first.

"The More You Ignore Me" is tailored to one specific person, and has some Sx direction (..."the closer I get").
    The mentioning of Judges has some Social tone, but I would not say the main theme of the song is Social.

The same applies to "You're The One For Me Fatty" – there is one addressed person, and no referring to society as a whole.
    Especially "Suedehead" is about someone who is annoyed by someone who was just their fling, and keeps coming back. Not very Social first.

One could certainly see some social tones, as in – the songs produce social controversy. But that does not make them Social first in nature.
    'The More You Ignore Me' is apparently a metaphor for the financial dispute he was having with the Smiths drummer.

With Suedehead, I thought the fact that he's so hands-off and dismissive of this person showing affection towards him was indicative of sx-last.

The Fatty Song's a joke and it's kind of campy.
    Last edited by suedehead; 10-18-2014 at 06:03 AM.